Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:10:42 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 [1554] 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984114 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:13:59 AM

I would rather vote for NEM funds to be spent on new internal researches then looking for dev teams around the world to apply and develop new NEM technologies. Similar to what ETC is doing now. Any external requests for funds is a red red red flag!

Consider all the failing insecure Ethereum dapps that just sucked money from crowd funding. NEM dev funds should never get trapped in any sort of crowd funding for projects or Dapps that operates on NEM unless the project/research is a core NEM piece that initially been developed internally by the NEM dev team. Only then we can vote.

A third party request for funds should not even open the door for any sort of voting! I would rather vote and debate such principal first.

Everytime something like this comes up, I have not seen one developer in the thread asking for a vote or setting up a system for the initial investors to vote on.

We can discuss this all day long, but if we can't actually physically vote then all these are just words and we will be ignored.

Can anyone point me to where the voting is happening? Because I have yet to see it all these years.

what are you talking about ? I oversaw the first voting with CryptoApex and also Apostille...... a lot of the community voted on both occasions and it was completely fair.The voting figures were published on both occasions. Of course you will be able to physically vote. You will have 5 days to physically vote on the Atraura Proposal thread.

So discussion is actually 10 days if you wish to vote on the last day available......more than enough time to get to know more about the Atraura Organisation.

The Community Fund was specifically set up to help third party projects expand the NEM project......  please read all about Atraura and the proposal process before commiting yourselves

Then why did you feel the need to set up a new btt account to support this project.Huh?
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Zylon

Activity: 242
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 08:57:49 AM

I would rather vote for NEM funds to be spent on new internal researches then looking for dev teams around the world to apply and develop new NEM technologies. Similar to what ETC is doing now. Any external requests for funds is a red red red flag!

Consider all the failing insecure Ethereum dapps that just sucked money from crowd funding. NEM dev funds should never get trapped in any sort of crowd funding for projects or Dapps that operates on NEM unless the project/research is a core NEM piece that initially been developed internally by the NEM dev team. Only then we can vote.

A third party request for funds should not even open the door for any sort of voting! I would rather vote and debate such principal first.

Everytime something like this comes up, I have not seen one developer in the thread asking for a vote or setting up a system for the initial investors to vote on.

We can discuss this all day long, but if we can't actually physically vote then all these are just words and we will be ignored.

Can anyone point me to where the voting is happening? Because I have yet to see it all these years.

what are you talking about ? I oversaw the first voting with CryptoApex and also Apostille...... a lot of the community voted on both occasions and it was completely fair.The voting figures were published on both occasions. Of course you will be able to physically vote. You will have 5 days to physically vote on the Atraura Proposal thread.

So discussion is actually 10 days if you wish to vote on the last day available......more than enough time to get to know more about the Atraura Organisation.

The Community Fund was specifically set up to help third party projects expand the NEM project......  please read all about Atraura and the proposal process before commiting yourselves

Then why did you feel the need to set up a new btt account to support this project.Huh?

++1
hate these fake NEM-supporters!
nembit 86

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:07:09 AM

The Community Fund was specifically set up to help third party projects expand the NEM project......  please read all about Atraura and the proposal process before commiting yourselves

++1
hate these fake NEM-supporters!

you must be as stupid as fragout.... you think i can oversee the proposal process by being a fake NEM supporter ? I lost my password and they sent me the recovery to an old email address i couldnt remember. I am nembit86,been here from the start....look back if you want....its with folks like you that I never missed being back here on btt. Oh....and Im not supporting this project..I am impartial, show me where I am supporting the project ..(silly boy)
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 09:12:13 AM

I don't get all the negativety towards an innitiative as this..

Sure 15M NEM is a lot of money, but if it helps the NEM network and speeds up new releases on the platform, it may very well be worth it.

The Dash example got me thinking though. Wouldn't it be better to put a USD value on each milestone and pay the NEM equivalent upon reaching it? That would prevent a massive overpay or underpay in case the price moves a lot during the development between milestones.
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:16:31 PM
Last edit: June 06, 2017, 12:34:21 PM by Scharfenberger

Does Nem Foundation get a share of the company? If so, even if Nem price goes up we'd still be okay and if they are profitable there would be constant inflow of funds for the dev team.

It is quite remarkable that a newbie made his first post and it appears that he has got already knowledge about NEM foundation, isn't' it? ;-)

I changed my mind a bit as it seems suspicious that there are more and more coming to this thread to promote that huge funding!

The community should take care if this project is worth to fund or not!!!
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:51:13 PM

The Community Fund was specifically set up to help third party projects expand the NEM project......  please read all about Atraura and the proposal process before commiting yourselves

State your sources and the records where this voting process happened.

I am not aware of this process and others as well have not heard of this vote. Take into account that many of us have been keeping up with NEM since day 1.

I could care less of an Atraura Proposal thread, I want to see a blockchain system style of voting. So far most initial supporters have been told about these projects, yet we are being left out of voting then all of a sudden boom "new money approved for X project". Who approved this? Where are the public records of such votes? It'd be nice if our opinions get taken more into account if we are truly "a community coin".

If anyone from the main NEM team would like to step in and explain this/correct us to clear things.
LemonAndFriesOne
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 12:55:34 PM

Does Nem Foundation get a share of the company? If so, even if Nem price goes up we'd still be okay and if they are profitable there would be constant inflow of funds for the dev team.

It is quite remarkable that a newbie made his first post and it appears that he has got already knowledge about NEM foundation, isn't' it? ;-)

I changed my mind a bit as it seems suspicious that there are more and more coming to this thread to promote that huge funding!

This is something that also needs to be taken into account, the amount of newbies accounts with less than 5 posts being so biased towards approving it.
sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:41:22 PM

This is something that also needs to be taken into account, the amount of newbies accounts with less than 5 posts being so biased towards approving it.

Let's not forget there are hundreds of stakeholders not contributing to the forum. No wonder they step in when wild 15M funding proposal appears. If these accounts are fake they will not be able to vote anyway so why worry.
I am also for the proposal. I don't care if the right way of giving bounty is that community asks for it first or if dev comes with the proposal.
I only care if
 - we can afford it (ofc we can our community fund is YUGE and was created exactly for devs like these). As it was said before, the sooner we deliver good stuff, the better chance we have against other cryptos. So spending 15M now might benefit us more than spending 50M in a year.
 - it helps NEM - it looks like it will. It might bring popularity and attract new developers.
 - NEM devs and other staff are for it or not  - this I don't know

So there is no reason to be against this proposal. What we should do now is to bargain the price and make sure we get minimal loss if Atraura is not able to deliver in time - set correct milestones and pay for the next one only if the previous one is finished.
nembit 86

Activity: 15

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 01:54:33 PM

I am not aware of this process and others as well have not heard of this vote. Take into account that many of us have been keeping up with NEM since day 1.

I could care less of an Atraura Proposal thread, I want to see a blockchain system style of voting. So far most initial supporters have been told about these projects, yet we are being left out of voting then all of a sudden boom "new money approved for X project". Who approved this? Where are the public records of such votes? It'd be nice if our opinions get taken more into account if we are truly "a community coin".

If anyone from the main NEM team would like to step in and explain this/correct us to clear things.

the process can be found and read by going to the first link I posted. You just need to be less lazy and go there and read up on it rather than bad mouthing long term nembers.....

rather than talking nonsense here in a troll like manner maybe you should start participating in the discussion provided by the links a little back on this thread.....on the Forum...
jkoil

Activity: 834
Merit: 524

Nxt NEM

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 02:09:11 PM

The voting system is bullshit anyway. 100 people could vote no and a whale or a dev could vote yes and yes would win due to the whales importance

Yes! And that's why Trump would never win an election like this Cheesy
Because 100 people who don't know what's going on will be out-voted by 1 whale/developer who actually knows what is going on.

That's actually how Trump won, the popular vote said no but a few people in the electoral college said yes.

"The voting system is bullshit anyway"

Is the system already selected; some net-poll or completed NEM-based-voting-system ?

These issues were discussed a long time ago Wink
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=345619.msg4787699#msg4787699
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 02:13:23 PM

For the benefit of all oldies and newbies, the atraura project is being proposed by an established nember. It is not some new company. They developed landstead.

The project is aimed at making onboarding easier as we work on our blue ocean approach with mainstreamers. It is an abstraction of the nem core solution. The current core developers will not have time or resources to do it.

It is basically a framework for easy development of applications. The framework will be open source and parked under the nem banner for anyone to use. There is no commercial interest in the project other than the cost to hire heads to do it.

Now, instead of ico, they are requesting aid from the community fund. It is not part of the foundation fund, which belongs to the original  core fund that will be donated to the foundation.

I would urge you to think properly rather than shooting into space with your comments without actually knowing the intents of the project. Whether it is worth 3m or 300k, it needs to be justified of course. But there is obvious need to make things easier for application programming and onboarding developers to write apps easily.

Currently it takes a mainstream guy about 1 month to know NEM application programming. We want to cut that down substantially. The framework is meant for that.

Unless you have worked on nem and know blockchain, as a mainstream programmer, it is hard to understand multisig, let alone programming it.

Framework is supposed to make it easier.

I believe they will have an AMA. Please avail yourselves with questions.
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 02:40:58 PM

The voting system is bullshit anyway. 100 people could vote no and a whale or a dev could vote yes and yes would win due to the whales importance

Yes! And that's why Trump would never win an election like this Cheesy
Because 100 people who don't know what's going on will be out-voted by 1 whale/developer who actually knows what is going on.

That's actually how Trump won, the popular vote said no but a few people in the electoral college said yes.

You seem to be shooting off your head. As a "day 1" nember, it reflects poorly upon you that you have no inkling of Nem compared to the newbies. I would be embarassed if i were you.
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:04:17 PM

For the benefit of all oldies and newbies, the atraura project is being proposed by an established nember. It is not some new company. They developed landstead.

The project is aimed at making onboarding easier as we work on our blue ocean approach with mainstreamers. It is an abstraction of the nem core solution. The current core developers will not have time or resources to do it.

It is basically a framework for easy development of applications. The framework will be open source and parked under the nem banner for anyone to use. There is no commercial interest in the project other than the cost to hire heads to do it.

Now, instead of ico, they are requesting aid from the community fund. It is not part of the foundation fund, which belongs to the original  core fund that will be donated to the foundation.

I would urge you to think properly rather than shooting into space with your comments without actually knowing the intents of the project. Whether it is worth 3m or 300k, it needs to be justified of course. But there is obvious need to make things easier for application programming and onboarding developers to write apps easily.

Currently it takes a mainstream guy about 1 month to know NEM application programming. We want to cut that down substantially. The framework is meant for that.

Unless you have worked on nem and know blockchain, as a mainstream programmer, it is hard to understand multisig, let alone programming it.

Valuable information that you gave us.

Thumbs up!
samysamy1

Activity: 490
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:06:40 PM

Let's not forget there are hundreds of stakeholders not contributing to the forum. No wonder they step in when wild 15M funding proposal appears. If these accounts are fake they will not be able to vote anyway so why worry.
I am also for the proposal. I don't care if the right way of giving bounty is that community asks for it first or if dev comes with the proposal.
I only care if
 - we can afford it (ofc we can our community fund is YUGE and was created exactly for devs like these). As it was said before, the sooner we deliver good stuff, the better chance we have against other cryptos. So spending 15M now might benefit us more than spending 50M in a year.
 - it helps NEM - it looks like it will. It might bring popularity and attract new developers.
 - NEM devs and other staff are for it or not  - this I don't know

So there is no reason to be against this proposal. What we should do now is to bargain the price and make sure we get minimal loss if Atraura is not able to deliver in time - set correct milestones and pay for the next one only if the previous one is finished.

Well why would they suddenly come out of the shadow and ALL support this funding instead of being against it. It also looks like they know many benefits of this projects while we have a ton of questions.
Even if they happen to have a low importance, only their presence here is disturbing. It looks like a psychological operation to try to convince the ones with a higher importance to vote Yes.
samysamy1

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:10:32 PM

the process can be found and read by going to the first link I posted. You just need to be less lazy and go there and read up on it rather than bad mouthing long term nembers.....

rather than talking nonsense here in a troll like manner maybe you should start participating in the discussion provided by the links a little back on this thread.....on the Forum...

Everyone can create a new account and claim to be the real nembit86.
Will the real nembit86 please stand up? Grin
We actually don't have to do anything. We don't have the time and patience to read through lots of reading material. Just give us a good summary of how it will benefit us. This shouldn't be hard for you if you know the ins and outs of your own project.
samysamy1

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:19:05 PM

What else did you expect if a company we never heard of tell us we have 5 days to vote for a project. It's not like we have nothing to do. We need time to familiarize ourselves with it. Even the Nem team takes years to build on nem, so wouldn't we get at least a month to get to the bottom of this project and ask questions?
I think nem has been doing many nonsense projects that do not benefit (or are useless) the normal people such as catapult, which is targeted towards bankers instead of making something useful that business can use and implement globally around the world.
munchkin

Activity: 10

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2017, 03:22:46 PM

Since that is what seems to matter here, can I ask you guys what you think that would make the price fly? What would be a good stepping stone for nem?

In my mind that is companies discovering that the platform accounts with professional tools and a healthy developer community that will be able to help them if they dare to try.
sheepXcat_sk

Activity: 45

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:33:13 PM

Well why would they suddenly come out of the shadow and ALL support this funding instead of being against it. It also looks like they know many benefits of this projects while we have a ton of questions.
Even if they happen to have a low importance, only their presence here is disturbing. It looks like a psychological operation to try to convince the ones with a higher importance to vote Yes.

Are you saying that Atraura is secretly financing fake accounts to promote their project? Cheesy
People who contribute less care less about ideology and more about profit.
I feel like NEMergizer started negativity with misunderstanding that the project would be funded from dev fund instead of community fund, then random newbies emerged, then old members started a crusade against the young ones.

So let's focus on the issues:
 - Atraura is not internal - same as anyone from community coding for bounty
 - Atraura seems to have approached NEM first - is this really an issue?
 - It seems ridiculously expensive - let's try to find a price both parties are willing to accept.
   Here https://forum.nem.io/t/nem-framework-community-proposal/5174/26 I proposed that part of the bounty would be paid in fixed NEM and part according to future exchange rate. So Atraura is motivated to finish succesfully which will increase the price, but it's not that volatile. Advantage for us is that when the price of NEM is 1$ in a year, we won't suffer $15M loss from this development.
jyrvalor

Activity: 48
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:30:59 PM

About this newbie talk.. Just because a lot of us don't feel like participating in the "pump/dump/fud/price speculation" talk here on bitcointalk doesn't mean we are newbies to nem.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DpT2tjeUDS7HGu3pn3gte20NPND4GQLJ9GtcD3WaAss/edit#gid=10

I'm number 96 on the list.

Stop assuming things about people you don't know, not everything is a conspiracy.
samysamy1

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 05:22:23 PM

Getting a response from 3 newbie accounts makes a lot of sense, right  Roll Eyes

@ munchkin: Now explain yourself in layman's terms instead of being so vague. I guess you know it all as your contribution is top notch with 10 posts.

@ sheepXcat_sk: You say "People who contribute less care less about ideology and more about profit." I assume you are talking about yourself with only 5 posts contributed?

@jvrvalar: I don't care what number you are as I started to feel like these newbie accounts are somehow connected with each other. This thread is not for pump and dump talk, but how would you know with just 28 posts.

Eh, No, No, No not supporting this project as it looks waaaay to suspicious.
Pages: « 1 ... 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 1544 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 [1554] 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 1595 1596 1597 1598 1599 1600 1601 1602 1603 1604 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: