Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:09:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984150 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:08:22 AM

Really depends on if its an inside job or not i guess?

I suspect someone inside the company may have had access.
Still blows me away that they kept that much funds in one hot wallet.
At least 300M XEM was theirs that they bought in 2016 also. Dunno why that even needed to be in the same wallet.

That's the part that blows me away, actually. Why would anyone keep 5% of the total money supply in a hot wallet?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Alohaboy?!

Activity: 1050
Merit: 506

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:43:11 AM

At least 300M XEM was theirs that they bought in 2016 also. Dunno why that even needed to be in the same wallet.

That's the part that blows me away, actually. Why would anyone keep 5% of the total money supply in a hot wallet?

I just think they got lazy because they earned probably a lot and so the user funds were not that "worthy" to protect in regards to the own big stash. Only thing I could think of is something like that
asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 04:08:04 PM

Hi everyone, i want to transfer my xem on my new trezor. The problem is that i really don't know how to do it. Is there any guide some where? Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.
atracom

Activity: 70
Merit: 3

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:05:45 PM

What is really nice to see is this half-efficient way to mark stolen money. Whatever people say about cryptocurrencies the latter are still better  under such circumstances then fiat currencies, which, when stolen, are typically stolen forever. Despite all these hacks, volatility, and unhealthy hypes, the cryptoworld is getting more and more efficient if compared to conservative finance and billing systems. Let's hope for better future and let's pray together that I will be get back my humble $40 invested with some humble profit of thousands ))

https://yobit.io/?bonus=szkTB       |   https://qoinpro.com/98d78504a0f3e7681360beb701a622fa
Join YOBIT, freebies, shit and fun   |   Freecoins DAILY
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 05:52:12 PM

Hi everyone, i want to transfer my xem on my new trezor. The problem is that i really don't know how to do it. Is there any guide some where? Can anybody help me?

Thanks in advance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPi7Xzn5Tq0&feature=youtu.be

Waffle until 2.30
ruletheworld
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1045

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 07:05:19 PM

do know what happened to huge amount stolen from coincheck xem? are the stolen coin addresses available? Have the coins already been dropped on exchanges?

All funds are traceable and NEM foundation is marking all accounts with the stolen funds.
only about 1100 XEM has been moved around AFAIK, and no XEM has been moved to any exchanges yet.

I think the thieves will have a very difficult time cashing out. Five percent of the entire NEM supply has been effectively taken out of circulation. I mean, it can technically "circulate," but it's tainted.

My guess is the exchange and hacker will reach some kind of settlement with regards to this stolen NEM. Seems like an impasse at the moment, but perhaps there are talks going on that aren't public already.

Very possible, that sort of thing would not be disclosed at this time.
Yeah. And for the people new to crypto-land, the precedence here was set by NXT when a hacker stole a bunch from BTER. https://www.ccn.com/fifty-million-nxt-stolen-bter-cryptocurrency-exchange-ransomed-hacker/. They seem to have negotiated a fee of 100 BTC and the hacker returned the NXT to the exchange. It is possible that a similar scenario might unfold here. It would seem to be in everyone's best interest if such a thing happens though - the hacker can get some reward (call is a 'security bounty') and the exchange gets its crypto back.

Yeah, you're right.

I bet it's all just inertia. They implemented a system that appeared to work, and they never bothered to change it even as the price and thus the total value of funds held by 10x 100x etc. Definitely goes against all best practices in the ecosystem.
cheechu

Activity: 140
Merit: 12

Wish to be a millionaire in 2018

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 07:08:29 PM
Merited by zohaibh (3), StallionMosquito (1)

If i am not on mistake i have read some where else that NEM is using in some campaigns as  payment mode like btc and eth, this chain is good and many of new coin campaigns adopting too like waves, eth and btc. I was unaware about this but reading more to explore NEM more. this seems a great opportunity to adopt this coin.
Flodner

Activity: 1946
Merit: 350

View Profile WWW
February 03, 2018, 09:42:07 PM

Yes, you are right, some companies use NEM as the platform for ICO.
I.e. Loyalcoin, I took part in their bounty campaign and that's actually how I got more interested in NEM, as I installed wallet to receive bounty reward there. Then somehow watched several videos and understood that NEM are interested to develop lots of things (staring from Pac Nem game, this example their vice-president gives often in speeches to more complex solutions).
If somebody knows any other projects now of ICOs going on NEM platform - please share, it would be interesting to check

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 09:52:10 PM

At this point a crop of ICOs taking XEM is not necessarily good news. The XEM market is far too thin to support more than a handful. If it ever got to ETH's ICO mania you'd better pray for 50x the volume or the entire thing would be squashed flatter than a micron.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 03, 2018, 11:48:01 PM

At this point a crop of ICOs taking XEM is not necessarily good news. The XEM market is far too thin to support more than a handful. If it ever got to ETH's ICO mania you'd better pray for 50x the volume or the entire thing would be squashed flatter than a micron.

If we had a pile of ICO's it would in turn cause volume to rise as more people buy XEM to participate in ICO's.

Not that im a big fan of ICO's largely we have avoided alot, but more are starting to move over to NEM.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 12:44:28 AM

It cuts both ways though. If there's more demand for XEM, then its volume will increase. That demand could come from ICOs or other places. It is unlikely to get ETH's level of ICO mania though, but a few good projects on XEM can attract other more ambitious ICOs.
Photographer

Activity: 157
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 01:57:41 AM

do know what happened to huge amount stolen from coincheck xem? are the stolen coin addresses available? Have the coins already been dropped on exchanges?

All funds are traceable and NEM foundation is marking all accounts with the stolen funds.
only about 1100 XEM has been moved around AFAIK, and no XEM has been moved to any exchanges yet.

I think the thieves will have a very difficult time cashing out. Five percent of the entire NEM supply has been effectively taken out of circulation. I mean, it can technically "circulate," but it's tainted.

My guess is the exchange and hacker will reach some kind of settlement with regards to this stolen NEM. Seems like an impasse at the moment, but perhaps there are talks going on that aren't public already.

If this would happen the exchange would become liable of complicity in the theft and guilty of money laundering. I think both the team AND police should continuosly track the stolen NEM and be ready to intervene as soon as some owner of wallet where the coin move can be identified.

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
ruletheworld
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 02:17:38 AM

If this would happen the exchange would become liable of complicity in the theft and guilty of money laundering. I think both the team AND police should continuosly track the stolen NEM and be ready to intervene as soon as some owner of wallet where the coin move can be identified.
That's not how complicity works mate. If it isn't an inside job, it makes sense to try and negotiate something, since it reduces cost and risk to both the parties. What police would track this internationally over the internet? You do realize that the hacker doesn't have to be in the same jurisdiction as the exchange right?
ormin79

Activity: 152
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2018, 01:46:16 PM
Last edit: February 04, 2018, 02:11:17 PM by ormin79

Yep i confirm, Huobi, and from my expierience OKex too (after XEM trading started there i had not any possibility to widhtraw XEMs - support was like in poloniex in this case, and must use LTC instead in this way XEM>USDT>LTC transfer to Bittrex and on Bittrex LTC>BTC>XEM, it was painful work to do as XEMUSDT market on OKex was very thin. Thankfully i used my technical anylysis skills to reduce costs. I dont trade now on these chinese exchanges, and dont even dare to trust another one from there, for even a small trading activity. I think - until dedicated exchange for XEM will start to work - the best place is Zaif and on the second place Bittrex, but of course even there Your money/XEMs should not sit longer than few hours.

And by the way about hacker, who have stolen XEMs. This motherf....r probably dont know (or had not thinked about it), that after catapult there will be new blockchain (i dont know how devs will resolve this problem, maybe some snapshot or something like that) and his stolen XEMs will be after that probably returned to the owner (i can imagine that solution, maybe should be even voted by the community too). Shame that there is so much time to wait for catapult. I hope that catapult will be released as fast as possible, and this drama with stolen XEMs will be resolved finally with paying not even a cent for the thief.
Neversettle

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

ZetoChain - ACCELERATING BLOCKCHAIN FOR THE SUPPLY

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 05:35:53 PM

If we had a pile of ICO's it would in turn cause volume to rise as more people buy XEM to participate in ICO's.

Not that im a big fan of ICO's largely we have avoided alot, but more are starting to move over to NEM.

I actually love to see projects switching to NEM. I think the wallet rework is the right step to make NEM even more accessible for the broad mass

Niveus

Activity: 280
Merit: 120

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:02:11 PM

NEM actively engaged in the conquest of the Russian-speaking market. They opened the site in russian and created a community in the largest social network of Eastern Europe - VK.

We expect a new flow of investment in NEM  Smiley
seven.71

Activity: 770
Merit: 251

live the dream but don't live the dream

View Profile
February 04, 2018, 06:46:52 PM

That's not how complicity works mate. If it isn't an inside job, it makes sense to try and negotiate something, since it reduces cost and risk to both the parties. What police would track this internationally over the internet? You do realize that the hacker doesn't have to be in the same jurisdiction as the exchange right?

I am pessimistic that this theft case may be revealed, perhaps if the suspect comes from an insider working in their bureau can be revealed, but if they come from outsiders it is very unlikely to reveal this case
some market do disable XEM wallet but until when they do it???

▄          ▄▄▄▄    ▄
            ███      ▄██████▀  ▀█▀
            ███     ▄██▀
            ███     ███        ▄█▄   ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄██████▄      ▄█▄ ▄█████▄▄         ▄▄█████▄▄        ▄▄█████▄▄
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███     ███        ███   ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ██████▀▀▀▀███▄     ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄    ▄███▀▀▀▀▀███▄
  ▄████████▄███  ▄█████████▄   ███   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀██▄   ████▀      ▀███   ▄██▀       ▀█▀   ▄██▀       ▀██▄
▄███▀    ▀█████   ▀▀███▀▀▀▀    ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███████████████
███   ▄▄   ▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███              ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███   ▀▀   ▄███     ███        ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ███   ███         ▄    ███         ▄
▀███▄    ▄█████     ███        ███   ███         ███    ███▄▄   ▄▄████   ███         ███    ███▄▄    ▄███    ███▄▄   ▄▄███
  ▀████████▀███     ███        ███   ███         ███     ▀████████▀███   ███         ███     ▀█████████▀      ▀█████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀       ▀          ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀   ▀     ▀           ▀         ▀▀▀▀▀            ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄▄▀▀       ▀▀▄▄
  █               █ ▄
 █   █▀▄ ▀█▀ ▀█▀   █ ▀▄
 █   █▀▄  █   █    █  ▀▄
  █  ▀▀   ▀   ▀   █    █
▄▀ ▄▄           ▄▀    ▄▀
 ▀▀  ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀      ▀▄
        ▀▄▄      ▄▄▀▀▄▄▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄
  ▄█▄              ▄███████▄
  ▀████▄▄         ██████▀██████▀
    ▀▀▀████▄▄     ███████████▀
    ▀██▄███████▄▄███████████
     ▄▄▄▀██████████████████
      ▀████████████████████
▀█▄▄     ▀████████████████
  ▀████████████████▀█████
    ▀████████████▀▄▄███▀
       ▀▀██████████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄   ▄▄
              ▄▀ ▀▀█  █
             ▄▀     ▀▀
         ▄▄▄▄█▄
     ▄█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▄
 ▄▀▄▀              ▀▄▀▄
█  █   ▄█▄    ▄█▄   █  █
 ▀█    ▀█▀    ▀█▀    █▀
  █                  █
   █   ▀▄      ▄▀   █
    ▀▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄▀
      ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀
New Age of DEFI
A Non-Code Platform for
Decentralized Trading Instruments

▄▄███████████████▄▄
 ▄█████████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀███████▄
████████████▀▀    ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄   ███████
██████▀▀     █    ███████
████▀       █     ███████
█████▄▄   ▄█      ███████
████████ ██▄      ███████
▀████████ ▀▄███▄▄███████▀
 ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████▀▀

▄              ▄
   ▄███▄          ▄███▄
   █████▄  ▄▄▄▄  ▄█████
  ▄████████████████████▄
 ▄██████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████
██████▀▀          ▀▀██████
█████▀   ▄      ▄   ▀█████
 ████   ███    ███   ████
  ████   ▀      ▀   ████
   ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀

▄▄████████████████▄▄
 ▄█████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀█████▄
▄████▀  ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀  ▀████▄
████▀                ▀████
███▀                  ▀███
███       ▄    ▄       ███
██▀      ███  ███      ▀██
██       ▀█▀  ▀█▀       ██
██▄     ▄        ▄     ▄██
▀██▄     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▀▀     ███▀
 ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄████▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
   ▀▀████████████████▀▀
winchancer

Activity: 97
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 02:09:08 AM

This another altcoin with such a hacking mess I bet it is afffecting Bitcoin's price as well.
Why don't you make a favour to humanity and create a fork like once Ethereum did when it was hacked...
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:06:22 AM

This another altcoin with such a hacking mess I bet it is afffecting Bitcoin's price as well.
Why don't you make a favour to humanity and create a fork like once Ethereum did when it was hacked...

Because forking goes against all that crypto stands for...

Besides, it was a very avoidable mess up by an exchange. They should not be getting a get out of jail free card for being stupid..

It would be in everyones best interest though if the hacker made a deal with the exchange and returns the coins for a ransom.
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 05, 2018, 07:15:05 AM

One hacker is in jail ,pursuite and jail this one.
Pages: « 1 ... 1727 1728 1729 1730 1731 1732 1733 1734 1735 1736 1737 1738 1739 1740 1741 1742 1743 1744 1745 1746 1747 1748 1749 1750 1751 1752 1753 1754 1755 1756 1757 1758 1759 1760 1761 1762 1763 1764 1765 1766 1767 1768 1769 1770 1771 1772 1773 1774 1775 1776 [1777] 1778 1779 1780 1781 1782 1783 1784 1785 1786 1787 1788 1789 1790 1791 1792 1793 1794 1795 1796 1797 1798 1799 1800 1801 1802 1803 1804 1805 1806 1807 1808 1809 1810 1811 1812 1813 1814 1815 1816 1817 1818 1819 1820 1821 1822 1823 1824 1825 1826 1827 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: