Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 07:53:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 07:58:11 AM

Makoto's idea on the NEM forum is the best I have heard so far.  The idea could had came from anybody but it does address these capitalization concerns.  It does come with the fault that we have to place more trust into some central entity but we original stakeholders have been dealing with that since January and the newer asset exchange stakeholders since June.   

You have to view this with a "bang for the buck" approach.  Air drop and promotion give aways haven't seen much success in Bitcoin or digital currencies yet.  A more successful utilization of these funds is likely to invest into NEM related companies or services and/or to attract venture capital investments.

If we had telepathy and could identify holders (or slow spenders) then I would give NEMstakes to those people.  Currently, however, NEM has a price tag of $1000 and many people would just lie and cheat to get that payday..   we've seen people do it for lesser amounts in other coins..

It sure isn't the worst idea no. However I'd like to fund them by selling those NEM and then give them the earnings in BTC or whatever.
That way there is funding and distribution. It would create some downwoard pressure but i think we'd survive that.

xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:12:29 AM

Is there a deadline to redeem the token? 
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:35:54 AM

I have no clear idea yet on what todo with the unclaimed stake but here are the things I'm utterly against doing.

Charity
If we're gonna do that everyone can donate form their own stake. It makes no sense what so ever to use unclaimed stakes to donate to charity. It wouldn't be very charitable actually since those stakes don't actually belong to us.

More for stakeholders
We want to spread NEM wide and far and not give more to the people that already have NEM.

PoW Giveaway
I didn't even no about this idea prior to reading TaunSews post but yeah...totally fucked up imho. Here we are saying how much greener we are and how were not wasting energery and then we go ahead and do this ?

Giving it to celebs
Srsly ?

Destroying them
Basically same deal as with "more for stakeholders".

Using most of it for development
Are we underfunded ? Hell yes ! I still think this would be a bad idea as it would also not spread NEM further unless we figure out a guaranteed way to sell them to many people.

The goal imho has to be to get more people into NEM not get more NEM to the people that are already here many of whom are only in it for the profit anyway.

I think we all know the goal is to get more people, but how?

I wouldn't just write off some of the things that you are "utterly against doing" without dwelling deeper into it.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. Wink
nembit86

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 08:53:45 AM

I cant help but think that the people who really value NEM the most are the people who have waited 9 months to register. They should be given trust and some sort of Bonus however small it may be.

The remainder of the money should be held together in a fund similar to what Makoto described earlier. A fund that will help start various ventures using the upcoming asset exchange.

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 08:56:41 AM

Charity: will create price decrease, because it will be just sold. You could also give them dollars...
PoW: seems ok for spreading to many people. of course its not green, but its only for the initial distribution
Giving to celebs: maybe, but somehow also unfair...
using for development: acceptable but not for ALL

Destroying or give more to stakeholders:
is really the same, thats why destroying is better, because of no additional work with it.
destroying raises prices. Thats good for the development and for the stakeholders and the only thing, that makes sence...
I don't think we can give anyone else, who is not selling them immediatelly.
The main problem of distribution is not to spread on many people but to spread on people who are not just dumping it.

Charity need not be "just sold" and then NEM is forgotten. Can we not think beyond how charity can be used as a means to an end? For example, we help a charitable organisation to distribute funds to the most remote parts of Africa using the NEM platform and make a case study of it for the world to see how NEM is used. Isn't this a good idea to gain world wide audience? Contribute a few NS and then get 100K readership. Is that a lot of money? A few hundred K people knowing here and there is enough to get the world's attention and use. Writing it off totally gives nothing in return and we haven't move an inch.

Destroying? Why does it make sense? We are only reducing the amount in circulation, thereby pushing the price up, but that will not make NEM great in the long run.

We need to make NEM great so that its price is pushed up on its merit, i.e., the demand for it to be used. Reducing circulation although will increase demand, is artificially created. We need to increase use and not take measures to increase value by destroying.

If we take note of what have been commented so far, everything seems to be yes/no, but I don't see a proper solution and in depth study on what can be done.

In short, every suggestion may have its merit. Don't close the door. Think deeper. If it is not right, make it right by thinking more about it. We need to exhaust every idea and turn them from a no-go to a go by making it work right.

I think I have said enough about thinking out of the box. Wink

DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:01:28 AM

Lock the unclaimed stake for future use. You never know what you need in days to come.

amytheplanarshift

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:05:54 AM

Charity: will create price decrease, because it will be just sold. You could also give them dollars...
PoW: seems ok for spreading to many people. of course its not green, but its only for the initial distribution
Giving to celebs: maybe, but somehow also unfair...
using for development: acceptable but not for ALL

Destroying or give more to stakeholders:
is really the same, thats why destroying is better, because of no additional work with it.
destroying raises prices. Thats good for the development and for the stakeholders and the only thing, that makes sence...
I don't think we can give anyone else, who is not selling them immediatelly.
The main problem of distribution is not to spread on many people but to spread on people who are not just dumping it.

Charity need not be "just sold" and then NEM is forgotten. Can we not think beyond how charity can be used as a means to an end? For example, we help a charitable organisation to distribute funds to the most remote parts of Africa using the NEM platform and make a case study of it for the world to see how NEM is used. Isn't this a good idea to gain world wide audience? Contribute a few NS and then get 100K readership. Is that a lot of money? A few hundred K people knowing here and there is enough to get the world's attention and use. Writing it off totally gives nothing in return and we haven't move an inch.

Destroying? Why does it make sense? We are only reducing the amount in circulation, thereby pushing the price up, but that will not make NEM great in the long run.

We need to make NEM great so that its price is pushed up on its merit, i.e., the demand for it to be used. Reducing circulation although will increase demand, is artificially created. We need to increase use and not take measures to increase value by destroying.

If we take note of what have been commented so far, everything seems to be yes/no, but I don't see a proper solution and in depth study on what can be done.

In short, every suggestion may have its merit. Don't close the door. Think deeper. If it is not right, make it right by thinking more about it. We need to exhaust every idea and turn them from a no-go to a go by making it work right.

I think I have said enough about thinking out of the box. Wink

rockethead, I really love what you are doing to facilitate the discussion both here and on the NEM forums. People in crypto are so quick to blurt out ideas without thinking about the implications of those actions on a grander scale. One reason I have been so attracted to NEM is because that type of knee-jerk reaction is rare here and there are many people in this community who are thinking about the broader scope and long-term path to making NEM a success.

NEM is in a position to be a lot of things that BTC is not and cannot be. We have to think long and hard about how we can leverage that potential in unique ways to make NEM something people want to use, and most of all CAN use. I'll equate this again to history. When the PC first arrived on the scene, there was no real use for it because it really couldn't do much. It took a lot of creative minds coming together to create new and innovative ways to use the PC before it saw mainstream adoption. VisiCalc, for example, comes to mind as a historical "killer app" for PCs.

There are many problems in this world right now that are caused by our current global financial systems. They range from minor inconveniences to contributors to major socioeconomic issues. We must think of NEM as a way to solve these problems, rather than being just a "fiat replacement" like Bitcoin. I think we should keep this in mind when we think about what to do with unclaimed stakes as well.

http://nem.io/
XEM: NBT6RQ-B2K3DN-EB3BDF-TUE3FT-SBDCJJ-L4PCX5-GKL6
rockethead
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2014, 09:07:03 AM

I cant help but think that the people who really value NEM the most are the people who have waited 9 months to register. They should be given trust and some sort of Bonus however small it may be.

The remainder of the money should be held together in a fund similar to what Makoto described earlier. A fund that will help start various ventures using the upcoming asset exchange.

Am I right to then say you want more for the patience? How much is small?

I think the people who really care about NEM are those trying hard to make NEM work, not those who wait 9 months, get the coins, dump and go. What I am trying to say is, there can be many who would survive on handouts or token sums to get some coins, make money on it at launch and move on.

I have taken the liberty to sample quite a few of the people in this forum to check out where they go. Many are straddling on a few boats of opportunities. These are opportunists seeking gains and not interested in the future of an initiative, not just NEM alone. For these, I don't care if they are patient enough to wait 9 years. And there are many.

Do not get me wrong, I too have interest in NEM. If anyone gets a bonus, so too will I. But what I am saying is, should we not use the unclaimed  stakes to better and promote NEM instead of just giving back to the same people.
Buratino
Legendary

Activity: 1151
Merit: 1003

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:18:07 AM

Lock the unclaimed stake for future use. You never know what you need in days to come.

Agreed. It is better to use unclaimed stakes for hiring or bribing helpful people (devs, marketers, promouters, politicians, artists, businessmen).

nembit86

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:27:34 AM

I think the people who really care about NEM are those trying hard to make NEM work, not those who wait 9 months, get the coins, dump and go. What I am trying to say is, there can be many who would survive on handouts or token sums to get some coins, make money on it at launch and move on.

I have taken the liberty to sample quite a few of the people in this forum to check out where they go. Many are straddling on a few boats of opportunities. These are opportunists seeking gains and not interested in the future of an initiative, not just NEM alone. For these, I don't care if they are patient enough to wait 9 years. And there are many.

Do not get me wrong, I too have interest in NEM. If anyone gets a bonus, so too will I. But what I am saying is, should we not use the unclaimed  stakes to better and promote NEM instead of just giving back to the same people.

You are making an assumption that people will dump and go. Perhaps those who registered actually care for NEM and its concept. Perhaps they will distribute in a way which is good for the coin. Maybe I am being too optimistic. There has been a shortage of people contributing in the way that you have been and others that we know of ,but maybe that will change after launch and we will hear from the true Nemsters.

Ok , admitedly a lot of 'perhapses' and ' maybes' there.....   Undecided

howi53

Activity: 127
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:48:37 AM

On 09.09.2014 my grandchild twins Bennet and Jonathan were born.
Suggest to send them a Nemstake each as a gift. Be sure, they will not dump or sell in the longer term.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
vytasz7

Activity: 561

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:50:28 AM

You are making an assumption that people will dump and go. Perhaps those who registered actually care for NEM and its concept. Perhaps they will distribute in a way which is good for the coin. Maybe I am being too optimistic. There has been a shortage of people contributing in the way that you have been and others that we know of ,but maybe that will change after launch and we will hear from the true Nemsters.

if somebody gets something for free usually he doesnt value it much ,of cource they dump and go ,and laugh as well for getting free money
vytasz7

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:56:35 AM

if somebody gets something for free usually he doesnt value it much ,of cource they dump and go and laugh as well for getting free money

giving nems away for free ,its like sending a message that it is worthless shit
xlcus
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1009

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 09:57:55 AM

Suggest to send them a Nemstake each as a gift. Be sure, they will not dump or sell in the longer term.

Great reason?
vytasz7

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:03:11 AM

why not to buy nem gold and silver coins and send them to deserving stake holders as a gift
vytasz7

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:04:22 AM

why not to buy nem gold and silver coins and send them to deserving stake holders as a gift

or increase nem amount in gold and silver coins ,it will help to sell it faster
nembit86

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:04:38 AM

Maybe this could be expanded on, sending birthday cards to children with Nem attached. If we had a shop with online games for children then they could use their Nem to play.

Just trying to think of something here!!!!!

NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:07:11 AM

or increase nem amount in gold and silver coins ,it will help to sell it faster

I agree, it feels a bit too expensive at the moment.
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:33:23 AM
Last edit: October 09, 2014, 11:04:53 AM by Scharfenberger

I have no clear idea yet on what todo with the unclaimed stake but here are the things I'm utterly against doing.

Charity
If we're gonna do that everyone can donate form their own stake. It makes no sense what so ever to use unclaimed stakes to donate to charity. It wouldn't be very charitable actually since those stakes don't actually belong to us.

More for stakeholders
We want to spread NEM wide and far and not give more to the people that already have NEM.

PoW Giveaway
I didn't even no about this idea prior to reading TaunSews post but yeah...totally fucked up imho. Here we are saying how much greener we are and how were not wasting energery and then we go ahead and do this ?

Giving it to celebs
Srsly ?

Destroying them
Basically same deal as with "more for stakeholders".

Using most of it for development
Are we underfunded ? Hell yes ! I still think this would be a bad idea as it would also not spread NEM further unless we figure out a guaranteed way to sell them to many people.

The goal imho has to be to get more people into NEM not get more NEM to the people that are already here many of whom are only in it for the profit anyway.

I think we all know the goal is to get more people, but how?

I wouldn't just write off some of the things that you are "utterly against doing" without dwelling deeper into it.

Don't miss the forest for the trees. Wink

First of all I don't like the idea to enrich the stakeholders by burning NEM or by spending more NEM.

This was not the intention of UP. His intention was spreading NEM all over the world!

In my opinion we should offer POW and faucets to spread NEM.
Almost the half of all altcoin supporters like mining. Therefore we should offer them such a possibility.

More Nemsters = more popularity + less FUD about possible disadvantages of POS/POI by mining people Wink

The settlement of faucets is another possibility to attract more people.

My suggestion:

70 % of all unclaimed stakes for "mining"

10 % for faucets

20 % for further promotion or App- development.

Just to make it clear: I hate mining but the mining-community is as big as ours believing in POS and POI. Therefore we should keep this in mind when we decide what to do with unclaimed stakes.
howi53

Activity: 127

View Profile
October 09, 2014, 10:35:15 AM

Maybe this could be expanded on, sending birthday cards to children with Nem attached. If we had a shop with online games for children then they could use their Nem to play.

Just trying to think of something here!!!!!

I bought some NemSilver-coins for the twins. Increase of the added Nem-amount would be nice.

Life is like a chicken ladder - short and shitty
Pages: « 1 ... 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 [301] 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: