Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 01:36:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984151 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Coinshot

Activity: 521
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 06:56:19 AM

My original BCT account got compromised, what's the step for redeeming my NEM stake? I can sign with the original btc key used to buy in the stake.

PM pastmast3r and xtester. They will sort you out.

If you have the original key, try and get your account back by sending a PM to Theymos. Follow the procedure carefully https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=497545.0

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 07:03:47 AM

I come from China, I like to talk my thought about 4 Billion issue, in China  statutory measurement units , we will call the 4 billion is 40 yi (yi pronunciation is E (in A B C D E), and 40 is not so bad as 4 in China culture.
But i don't know other Asia issue about 4 billion.
if we still want change the quantity, I suggest the number 3.99 billion,because 3.99 billion =21 million*190.
and 21 million is bitcoin quantity, while 190 is a good number in China, it means live long, bitcoin*190 will means we can live longer than bitcoin.
The hate for 4 comes from the pronuncination of 4 (= 四 [sì]) is almost same with the pronunciation of death(=死[sǐ])
4 = 四 [sì]
40 = 四十 [sìshí]
40 includes 4 in pronunciation.

EDIT/
My hobby is banknote collecting.
The special serial no. banknote is expensive.
Solid number note(1111111, 2222222,.....9999999) is most expensive.
Among them, 8888888 is most expensive, and 4444444 is cheapest in spite of same rarity.
Million number note(1000000, 2000000,.....9000000) is expensive, too.
Among them, 8000000 is most expensive, and 4000000 is cheapest in spite of same rarity.
The love/hate for special number also influences on the price like this.

You should post this on the NEM forum.   Smiley

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:14:08 AM

I swear if people knew all the good stuff going on behind the scenes all this time while everyone is waiting I assure you not one single person would be complaining about any delays!!!. If anything we would be told by everyone to delay further..

Launch is going to be EPIC!! Just have patience guys.. Soon all the amazing worked being done back stage will be known to all and at that point you will all be delighted that you stuck it out all these months..

I have a very good feeling about this. Can't wait to let the snowball roll.  Cool

Okay, I am expecting a lot now!!! Hahahaha

But yes, I think this is amazing.  I have already tested the Alpha extensively and it is better than most old coins regular wallet, and they have had months/years to do something better.  Here NEM is pre-Nemesis and is already a better crypto than many much older.  So who knows what it will be like in 6 months.

In 6 months the user experience of using NEM will be not only better than bitcoin or any other crypto, but better than fiat/credit cards as well.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:18:49 AM

I come from China, I like to talk my thought about 4 Billion issue, in China  statutory measurement units , we will call the 4 billion is 40 yi (yi pronunciation is E (in A B C D E), and 40 is not so bad as 4 in China culture.
if we still want change the quantity, I suggest the number 3.99 billion,because 3.99 billion =21 million*190.
and 21 million is bitcoin quantity, while 190 is a good number in China, it means live long, bitcoin*190 will means we can live longer than bitcoin.
The hate for 4 comes from the pronuncination of 4 (= 四 [sì]) is almost same with the pronunciation of death(=死[sǐ])
4 = 四 [sì]
40 = 四十 [sìshí]

EDIT/
Among them, 8888888 is most expensive, and 4444444 is cheapest in spite of same rarity.
Among them, 8000000 is most expensive, and 4000000 is cheapest in spite of same rarity.

In Japan as well, death and the number 4 are both pronounced し (shi). The dislike is so great that the number 4's pronunciation changes to よん (yon) in most cases.

The dislike in Japan is not just from the similarity, but also from the 神道 (shinto) belief in 言霊 (kotodama). The idea that words and sounds have power and meaning in themselves. It is similar to Judaism/Christianity/etc that teaches that God created everything through the use of The Word.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:22:17 AM

fingerprint scanner would be the holy grail of crypto imo. Pretty much solves the security issues no?

Iris/voiceprint is interesting too.

As is mitochondrial dna sequencing Cheesy

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 07:25:35 AM

every time you put your sell order remember this

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=818722.0

I honestly wonder where NEM will be 6 months from now. What we'll say and think looking back. For a coin that's only launching, NEM does seem very different compared to what people are used to in the altcoin world.

Most coins seemed to be developed by scammers or people with sketchy computer science skills. NEM is developed by professional software engineers and people with PhDs in computer science from the world's top universities.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 08:10:06 AM

Most coins seemed to be developed by scammers or people with sketchy computer science skills. NEM is developed by professional software engineers and people with PhDs in computer science from the world's top universities.

Typical coin devs = one or two guys in a pump and manipulation, quick copy and paste with a new logo, not a lot of creativity or skills.  After the coin disappears, they do it again.  It is the same few teams over and over responsible for this massive flux of alt coins that weren't designed for anything except for an easy buck for the devs.

NEM devs = talented, focused, creative, and many. 

If a person looks closely it is pretty easy to see how NEM's pattern is totally different.

The pump and dumps are announced out of nowhere.  NEM was announced a long long time ago. 

Pump and dumps don't even have a client on arrival.  This is because they are rushed and to some extent if it is a PoW they want to mine it all themselves so they make it hard for others to mine.  And NEM not only has a great client but is releasing with extra features. 

Pump and dumps just tell the community what is up.  NEM actually takes polls and listens to feedback. 

Pump and dump devs are quite mysterious (because if people say their real identity they would know they are scammers).  The NEM devs all have a history that predates NEM. 

The list goes on from there but these are some main points. 

We are watching the birth of a real crypto here.  One with legs. 

editor499

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 08:29:25 AM

It doesn't need to change the total number of NEM coin.
4 billion is fine and good, don't be waste of time discuss this issue.
Any way, we could spend time testing NEM client and giving some advice about the Roadmap.
 Angry Angry Angry
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 09:24:13 AM

I like this. Watch out trolls!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-29678989
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:27:43 AM

Uk is becoming more and more like china. Just like the us and every other western country. Fuck this world.

nembit86

Activity: 588

NEM ....best currency distribution ever ...!!!!!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 09:38:01 AM

If someone threatens to kill you or seems serious to do you harm then should this be allowable?

Depends on the situation perhaps....

NDZ4YPCKVKWAIIZBB5T7T5EL67N2XWPQODGGWIYT
Wulfcastle

Activity: 546

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 09:43:04 AM

Hmmm, so is NEM launching today?
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2014, 09:48:43 AM

Hmmm, so is NEM launching today?

NEM is definitely not launching today nor in the next 3 weeks.

Maybe Beta within the next day or so. Wink
wangjj1

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:18:21 AM

4 = 四 [sì]
40 = 四十 [sìshí]

EDIT/

In Japan as well, death and the number 4 are both pronounced し (shi). The dislike is so great that the number 4's pronunciation changes to よん (yon) in most cases.

The dislike in Japan is not just from the similarity, but also from the 神道 (shinto) belief in 言霊 (kotodama). The idea that words and sounds have power and meaning in themselves. It is similar to Judaism/Christianity/etc that teaches that God created everything through the use of The Word.

and 9 means forever in China culture.
Also everyone still know NXT's original 21 btc investment.

And in current important  time , we just multiply to 8 billion will be considered not serious about our NEM.
Mickeyb

Activity: 798

Move On !!!!!!

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:26:59 AM

Solution is then very easy, leave the total supply at 4B and you burn one NEM to get to 3,999,999,999..  Grin
Djinou94
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:30:44 AM

Hey it is good to worry about our chinese nemster investors  Wink
Yea lets do it 3,999,999,999!
Scharfenberger

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:33:06 AM

Hey it is good to worry about our chinese nemster investors  Wink
Yea lets do it 3,999,999,999!
Solution is then very easy, leave the total supply at 4B and you burn one NEM to get to 3,999,999,999..  Grin

It would be next close to our aimed 4B.

+1
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:41:09 AM

I'm a fan of the Australian single transferable vote but that's difficult to do with a forum poll.  I think I might reset the poll and leave two options

3,999,999,999 (4 billion)

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:46:08 AM

I'm a fan of the Australian single transferable vote but that's difficult to do with a forum poll.  I think I might reset the poll and leave two options

Might be a good idea yes.
If the only goal is to get away from 4, why do you want to double it ?

wangjj1

Activity: 23

View Profile
October 19, 2014, 11:51:19 AM

I'm a fan of the Australian single transferable vote but that's difficult to do with a forum poll.  I think I might reset the poll and leave two options

Can add my suggestion 3,990,000,000 (=21million*190) on poll . for the number 3,999,999,999 ,we will still say NEM issued 4 billion in China.
Pages: « 1 ... 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 [340] 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: