Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
SRBOOTH

Activity: 309
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 07:52:03 PM

Looking to join the pool using 32 bit linux system. I am having trouble finding info on how to run the pool miner using linux. After cloning from github (https://github.com/VidereLicet/PrimePoolMiner.git).........How do I compile or use this miner.

I am a relatively new linux user with decent knowledge of using other miners. I also run windows version at pool, so I understand the mining arguments usage. Thanks for helping.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 08:00:58 PM

Just run this following set:
You'll want to create a folder named "build" in your miner directory

Code:
cd <miner directory>
make -f makefile.unix
strip coinshield_prime
./coinshield_prime <ip> <port> <address> <threads>

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
SRBOOTH

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:09:15 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 08:34:07 PM by SRBOOTH

Code:
cd <miner directory>
make -f makefile.unix
strip coinshield_prime

Thank You,
Viz.

Thank you for your reply. Here is what I get:

comp5@comp5-E-4100:~/PrimePoolMiner$ make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -pthread -m64 -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -I/home/comp5/PrimePoolMiner -I/home/comp5/PrimePoolMiner/build -I/home/comp5/PrimePoolMiner/hash -O2 -MMD -o build/skein.o hash/skein.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/string.h:25:0,
                 from hash/skein.cpp:13:
/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
 #  include <sys/cdefs.h>
                         ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/skein.o] Error 1

Please advise and thank you.
I created mkdir build and re-ran but still have same error.
SRBOOTH

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:49:43 PM

Code:
cd <miner directory>
make -f makefile.unix
strip coinshield_prime

Thank You,
Viz.

Thank you for your reply. Here is what I get:

comp5@comp5-E-4100:~/PrimePoolMiner$ make -f makefile.unix
g++ -c -pthread -m64 -static-libgcc -static-libstdc++ -Wall -Wextra -Wno-sign-compare -Wno-invalid-offsetof -Wno-unused-parameter -Wformat -Wformat-security -g -DBOOST_SPIRIT_THREADSAFE -DBOOST_THREAD_USE_LIB -I/home/comp5/PrimePoolMiner -I/home/comp5/PrimePoolMiner/build -I/home/comp5/PrimePoolMiner/hash -O2 -MMD -o build/skein.o hash/skein.cpp
In file included from /usr/include/string.h:25:0,
                 from hash/skein.cpp:13:
/usr/include/features.h:374:25: fatal error: sys/cdefs.h: No such file or directory
 #  include <sys/cdefs.h>
                         ^
compilation terminated.
make: *** [build/skein.o] Error 1

Please advise and thank you.
I created mkdir build and re-ran but still have same error.

From what I can tell this miner was created for 64bit system? I am on a 32bit system, perhaps this is the problem??
Thanks again.
kickstarter

Activity: 420
Merit: 105

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:50:44 PM

would anyone care to post the current rich list? I don't feel like updating to 1.0.3 beta right now, I'd rather wait for the final version.

http://www.cestballot.fr/downn/nexus/richlist/20150428.txt

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Doesn't seem right. I own around 1500 coins and my wallet isn't anywhere on that list.
kickstarter

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 08:52:00 PM

I've been mining happily until yesterday.

Now the miner says "Connected to 12.0... Failed to update best height"

What could be the cause? Closed the wallet, rebooted, nothing helps..
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 10:20:02 PM

A] To failed build, what version of linux are you building on? Are you building the prime solo miner, or the prime pool miner?

B] To the failed to update height, is your wallet encrypted? If you send debug.log I can investigate further, this comes from mining LLP rejecting your request to update which comes from this code:

Code:
if(Net::vNodes.size() == 0 || Core::IsInitialBlockDownload() || pwalletMain->IsLocked()) 
{
   printf("%%%%%%%%%% Mining LLP: Rejected Request...\n");

return false;
}

C] To the rich list, run the command "getaddressbalance <address>" and let me know if it is inconsistent with your current data, if so I'll do some digging to make sure these numbers are accurate. It is currently a database built in the core from every transaction that has happened debiting and crediting all inputs / outputs to the address selected.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
kickstarter

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:27:36 PM

A] To failed build, what version of linux are you building on? Are you building the prime solo miner, or the prime pool miner?

B] To the failed to update height, is your wallet encrypted? If you send debug.log I can investigate further, this comes from mining LLP rejecting your request to update which comes from this code:

Code:
if(Net::vNodes.size() == 0 || Core::IsInitialBlockDownload() || pwalletMain->IsLocked()) 
{

return false;
}

C] To the rich list, run the command "getaddressbalance <address>" and let me know if it is inconsistent with your current data, if so I'll do some digging to make sure these numbers are accurate. It is currently a database built in the core from every transaction that has happened debiting and crediting all inputs / outputs to the address selected.

Thank You,
Viz.

Yes, wallet is encrypted. That might be the cause.. Any way to circumvent that without leaving my coins unsecured?
SRBOOTH

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 10:51:53 PM

Code:
{

return false;
}

Thank You,
Viz.

A] failed build responding. I am trying to compile the pool miner. Would it be better to run solominer? I have several older machines that all run Zorin 9 Lite ...description below:

Zorin OS is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution designed especially for newcomers to Linux. It has a Windows-like graphical user interface and many programs similar to those found in Windows.

OS Type: Linux
Based on: Debian, Ubuntu
32 bit distro

I have about 25 of these machines, most all of them have single core P4 processors. Electric is free. Let me know if this is worth adding to all these machines or if it is possible with my distro.

Thank you as always, great work you are doing here.

p.s. I have run the poolminer on a windows system with a similar processor and I do not believe I can solve/contribute....no shares in 1 hour.

cestballot

Activity: 318

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2015, 11:31:48 PM
Last edit: April 28, 2015, 11:45:23 PM by cestballot

Code:
{

return false;
}

Thank You,
Viz.

A] failed build responding. I am trying to compile the pool miner. Would it be better to run solominer? I have several older machines that all run Zorin 9 Lite ...description below:

Zorin OS is an Ubuntu-based Linux distribution designed especially for newcomers to Linux. It has a Windows-like graphical user interface and many programs similar to those found in Windows.

32 bit distro

I have about 25 of these machines, most all of them have single core P4 processors. Electric is free. Let me know if this is worth adding to all these machines or if it is possible with my distro.

p.s. I have run the poolminer on a windows system with a similar processor and I do not believe I can solve/contribute....no shares in 1 hour.

hello,

Pool diff is set at 3.8 to 4.1 if we have 1000 to 3800+ connections. So really small cpu like P4 is useless. Save the earth and don't use this old cpu please Smiley

For your information, with 3800+ connections, we have 1500+ request/s with min diff at 4.0.
So, pool server have to manage all this request and manage database with all informations. All works nicely with my server. Smiley We have DDos protection and hardware security manager to auto-switch server to new location with new hardware in just 3 minutes. Network is 100 Mbit/s with 20 Gbit/s secure point if more connections is needed.

Viz works on web UI to give you more live informations and options. Viz also works on auto min diff adjustment. All this dev take time to be sure all work properly.
Remember, Viz is the Dev, KK is marketing king. I'm just Nexus supporter, like all of us.

I'm an engineer who works for UAV french corporation. Its my first corporation with big investisement, so I don't have all time I need here. I hope I help this project and I hope this project will help me to create more secure UAV transmition using Nexus software or inspired. Smiley To thank Viz Job and all this comunity job we buy and we will buy more and more Niro to support "you" or we, because, we are nexus.

Best regards

Cest Ballot

SRBOOTH

View Profile
April 28, 2015, 11:45:31 PM

Code:
{

return false;
}

Thank You,
Viz.

32 bit distro

hello,

Pool diff is set at 3.8 to 4.1 if we have 1000 to 3800+ connections. So really small cpu like P4 is useless. Save the earth and don't use this old cpu please Smiley

For your information, with 3800+ connections, we have 1500+ request/s with min diff at 4.0.
So, pool server have to manage all this request and manage database with all informations. All works nicely with my server. Smiley We have DDos protection and hardware security manager to auto-switch server to new location with new hardware in just 3 minutes. Network is 100 Mbit/s with 20 Gbit/s secure point if more connections is needed.

Viz works on web UI to give you more live informations and options. Viz also works on auto min diff adjustment. All this dev take time to be sure all work properly.
Remember, Viz is the Dev, KK is marketing king. I'm just Nexus supporter, like all of us.

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Thank you very much for the response. Smiley
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 01:46:26 PM

Yes, wallet is encrypted. That might be the cause.. Any way to circumvent that without leaving my coins unsecured?

Yes, type "walletpassphrase <password> <timeout>"
This will unlock your wallet for mining for the period of timeout. Timeout is in seconds, this will unlock your wallet for minting, since your crypted keys have to be decrypted in order to use them in your wallet.

32 bit distro

Try installing some dependencies you may be missing from your system, what did you install in regards to build essentials and boost? Can you tell me your current versions?

What it appears to be is you are missing the proper dependency to build the miner, which means we need to find the right command in order to install it

Thank You,
Viz.

cestballot

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2015, 04:58:44 PM

hello,

http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ News :
Today we have more than 3000+ connections with 1000 connections variations. we found a lot of blocks Smiley thank for your hard work.

My server can't have more users without min diff increase. Min diff is 4.1 now !

Viz is working on automatique diff setting and on web UI but it take time.

You can use VIz beta pool or http://csd-cpu.nonce-pool.com (0 user Sad )

We work on pool server to decrease the pool min diff.

Best regards

Cest Ballot

almond

Activity: 407
Merit: 254

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 07:04:27 AM

hello,

Today we have more than 3000+ connections with 1000 connections variations. we found a lot of blocks Smiley thank for your hard work.

My server can't have more users without min diff increase. Min diff is 4.1 now !

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Please explain your payout system.  I have been mining on your pool for a few days and built up a balance of over 50 niro.....and yet there has been no payout.  The dev's pool makes small payments on a regular basis.  The cestballot pool has not paid me at all.  I'm beginning to worry that my mining efforts are for naught.  So, please put my mind at ease and explain your payout system.

thank you

Freedom of the press is guaranteed only to those who own one
tontorus

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 11:05:01 AM

hello,

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Please explain your payout system.  I have been mining on your pool for a few days and built up a balance of over 50 niro.....and yet there has been no payout.  The dev's pool makes small payments on a regular basis.  The cestballot pool has not paid me at all.  I'm beginning to worry that my mining efforts are for naught.  So, please put my mind at ease and explain your payout system.

thank you

I subscribe to the issue. I still have not received the payments from the cestballot pool, although I wrote to you about this before. How long do we have to wait? You can do something? Angry

cestballot

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 12:40:45 PM

hello,

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Please explain your payout system.  I have been mining on your pool for a few days and built up a balance of over 50 niro.....and yet there has been no payout.  The dev's pool makes small payments on a regular basis.  The cestballot pool has not paid me at all.  I'm beginning to worry that my mining efforts are for naught.  So, please put my mind at ease and explain your payout system.

thank you

I subscribe to the issue. I still have not received the payments from the cestballot pool, although I wrote to you about this before. How long do we have to wait? You can do something? Angry

Hello,

It's not a bug, it's a feature Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg11209402#msg11209402

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg10826980#msg10826980

Pool sources :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg10669299#msg10669299

Best regards

Cest Ballot

almond

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 02:48:30 PM

hello,

Best regards

Cest Ballot

thank you

Hello,

It's not a bug, it's a feature Smiley
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg11209402#msg11209402

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg10826980#msg10826980

Pool sources :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg10669299#msg10669299

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Thank you for your quick reply and explanation.  Unfortunately,  that setup is not a feature in my eyes, but a drawback.  In my opinion, You should have a payout button or something so that a miner can leave with his or her work when they need to.  Or perhaps pay at a certain minimum level and make that clear on your web page.  Not making it clear when a payout is possible, you are holding the mining proceeds hostage.

I will not be using your pool.

thank you.

cestballot

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2015, 03:02:02 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2015, 08:39:37 PM by cestballot

Thank you for your quick reply and explanation.  Unfortunately,  that setup is not a feature in my eyes, but a drawback.  In my opinion, You should have a payout button or something so that a miner can leave with his or her work when they need to.  Or perhaps pay at a certain minimum level and make that clear on your web page.  Not making it clear when a payout is possible, you are holding the mining proceeds hostage.

thank you.

Hello,

we work on web UI and on worker setting to give you this option and more. But I don't have all time I need for it, I'm sorry.

You can also use other pool : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg10666076#msg10666076
for exemple :
Nonce-pool CPU pool : http://csd-cpu.nonce-pool.com multiworkers options

We can also help you if you want to create your personal pool.
Other crypto have 4 or more active pool, we have just 3 cpu pool and http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ have 3000+ connections, http://csd-cpu.nonce-pool.com 0-10 pool workers. :/ and also Viz pool

Best regards

Cest Ballot

almond

View Profile
April 30, 2015, 09:02:30 PM

Thank you for your quick reply and explanation.  Unfortunately,  that setup is not a feature in my eyes, but a drawback.  In my opinion, You should have a payout button or something so that a miner can leave with his or her work when they need to.  Or perhaps pay at a certain minimum level and make that clear on your web page.  Not making it clear when a payout is possible, you are holding the mining proceeds hostage.

thank you.

Hello,

we work on web UI and on worker setting to give you this option and more. But I don't have all time I need for it, I'm sorry.

You can also use other pool : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=657601.msg10666076#msg10666076
for exemple :

Other crypto have 4 or more active pool, we have just 3 cpu pool and http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/ have 3000+ connections, http://csd-cpu.nonce-pool.com 0-10 pool workers. :/ and also Viz pool

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Thanx again, for the quick and interesting reply.  It's great that you've got plans to upgrade and I hope it goes well when you do find the time.

How hard was it to set up your pool ? I'm not much of a coder, but if we need another pool, and if you are willing to help me, I just might give it a try.  You can PM me if you think we should persue this.

tontorus

Activity: 204
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 01, 2015, 09:45:57 AM
Last edit: May 01, 2015, 12:12:28 PM by tontorus

thank you.

Hello,

for exemple :

Best regards

Cest Ballot

Ok, thanks for the explanation. But your system of payments is very inconvenient, so I will go to another pool. I hope, you consider our wishes at update the cestballot pool and make a normal withdrawal.
Pages: « 1 ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 [149] 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: