Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:01:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
May 17, 2015, 11:08:01 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 02:57:15 AM by starblocks

When you have the new nexus info ready i'll update my blog

The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Namsbreh

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 10:09:59 AM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 12:04:46 PM by Namsbreh

Me working, fixing issues in current PoS 1.0 implementation. This includes forking, interest calculations, kernel weight, difficulty adjustments, timestamp correction, modifier interval, search intervals.

I was hoping the tests from last week would enable me to release it this weekend, but this is not the case. The more I dig and test, the more needs to be refined. I will keep everyone posted with the progress of current tests which should put our release date to next weekend if all continues smoothly.

Thank You,
Viz.

Thanks for the update.

I have decided to move my miners off of your coin for a while.  CSD restored my faith in crypto mining a few months ago, I am afraid that faith has now been lost.

Hopefully I am proved wrong but the coin is starting to look like just another shitcoin.  There has been no major update for months and several empty promises, marketing has still not commenced and there is still no POS or any proof of the planned features talked about in the white paper.  Viz or Kryptokash are never in IRC and now the tipbot has vanished too.

The volume on Trex is heavily manipulated and I have personally witnessed fake volume being created when the price has peaked.

Hopefully I am wrong, however my patience has run thin.

Good luck.
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
May 18, 2015, 02:41:25 PM
Last edit: May 18, 2015, 03:42:16 PM by Videlicet

Don't see the point in your exit speech, but hey, good luck in your next endeavor my friend.

----------------------------------

For everyone else, updates on current movements:

Forum: Migrating server over to new forum engine, expect forum to be down while we get a new one setup. vBulletin has too much computational overhead, so we are looking into other options.

Site: Main site is being transferred to nexusniro.com today or tomorrow as soon as the new server gets up, I'll point coin shield.io as a CNAME to the new domain.

1.0.3: To PoS, got a lot done this weekend. I'm currently rewriting most of the code. To the kernel searching I am allowing more variance in finding a kernel that satisfies weight [not searching from the coinstake timestamp] allowing smaller stakers to have more of a chance getting those stake blocks even in higher difficulty. Interest calculations are done using true inflation figures compared to the rudimentary coin age routine. I have also decided to release free transactions in 1.0.3 release, considering rewriting networking code, but I think for the sake of time I'll put this for the next release, so we can speed up the network communications and syncing, with multithreaded messaging using the LLP. This will be necessary to write some of the more advanced features such as node trust and sync-less wallets.

Tip Bot: Been down for maintenance, should be back online soon. Smiley

IRC: When I upload the site to nexusniro.com, I am going to be putting the default IRC channel from #coinshield to #nexusniro. Let's work on moving everyone over to this channel.

Take Care,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
KryptoKash (OP)

Activity: 511
Merit: 275

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 07:03:47 PM

join us on IRC #NexusNiro, I'm hoping to have final version of logo today/tomorrow, and then start thread design. Ill be having the designer work on the thread here in real time, so we can all make suggestions on what we like/dont like.  Smiley

starblocks

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 09:15:13 PM

join us on IRC #NexusNiro, I'm hoping to have final version of logo today/tomorrow, and then start thread design. Ill be having the designer work on the thread here in real time, so we can all make suggestions on what we like/dont like.  Smiley

Perhaps setup a nexus slack? or does everyone like irc

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
May 18, 2015, 11:28:44 PM

We are transferring our site over to a new server. Our new domain will be: http://nexusniro.com, The coinshield forum is going to be terminated, we are no longer going to use vbulletin (their current version is very buggy). I will  update everyone when the new forum is up (within a week).  Any suggestions on what platform you would like us to use? I really like SMF (the one bitcointalk uses), is there anything better?

Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 12:24:38 AM

Perhaps setup a nexus slack? or does everyone like irc

Slack might be a good idea for a different type of crowd, I know for one many like the use of the IRC channel for the tip bot.

------------------------------------------------------------

Site's now moved to new server and domain name: http://nexusniro.com/

Finalizing the logo coloration, then to update these graphics on the main site to continue the transition towards Nexus.
Krypto Kash will keep you updated with the progress on setting up the new forum.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
0x6A

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:52:49 AM
Last edit: May 19, 2015, 05:04:14 AM by 0x6A

Me working, fixing issues in current PoS 1.0 implementation. This includes forking, interest calculations, kernel weight, difficulty adjustments, timestamp correction, modifier interval, search intervals.

I was hoping the tests from last week would enable me to release it this weekend, but this is not the case. The more I dig and test, the more needs to be refined. I will keep everyone posted with the progress of current tests which should put our release date to next weekend if all continues smoothly.

Thank You,
Viz.

Thanks for the update.

I have decided to move my miners off of your coin for a while.  CSD restored my faith in crypto mining a few months ago, I am afraid that faith has now been lost.

Hopefully I am proved wrong but the coin is starting to look like just another shitcoin.  There has been no major update for months and several empty promises, marketing has still not commenced and there is still no POS or any proof of the planned features talked about in the white paper.  Viz or Kryptokash are never in IRC and now the tipbot has vanished too.

The volume on Trex is heavily manipulated and I have personally witnessed fake volume being created when the price has peaked.

Good luck.

You are right about some moments. But don't forget: NIRO is a long-term project. Viz is developing it with the help of community making every detail work right. It is a hard work - to make such a huge project run. Devs could make the whole project by their selves and publish it when it is ready. But involving community into developing was a good idea IMHO.

Best regards
Namsbreh

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 09:13:49 AM

Thank You,
Viz.

Thanks for the update.

Good luck.

You are right about some moments. But don't forget: NIRO is a long-term project. Viz is developing it with the help of community making every detail work right. It is a hard work - to make such a huge project run. Devs could make the whole project by their selves and publish it when it is ready. But involving community into developing was a good idea IMHO.

Best regards

Please accept my apologies for the harsh post yesterday, don't think I had enough medicine!!

I forget how different this coin is sometimes (being written from scratch), of course it is a long term project. 7 months in from GPU channel launch and the price is holding, whilst many other coins have come and gone.  I am just an impatient miner who would be happier if the price was holding around the 1000sat mark.  It is so frustrating to see real shitcoins trading at 10x the value of Niro.

I'll crawl back into my hole.........carry on please.....

starblocks

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 12:44:30 PM

Thank You,
Viz.

Thanks for the update.

Good luck.

Best regards

Please accept my apologies for the harsh post yesterday, don't think I had enough medicine!!

I forget how different this coin is sometimes (being written from scratch), of course it is a long term project. 7 months in from GPU channel launch and the price is holding, whilst many other coins have come and gone.  I am just an impatient miner who would be happier if the price was holding around the 1000sat mark.  It is so frustrating to see real shitcoins trading at 10x the value of Niro.

I'll crawl back into my hole.........carry on please.....

No need to apologize

You merely underlined how some might feel - feedback I wouldn't consider negative (but i'm not part of the project so I can't speak for them if they're not that open minded)

Smiley

Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 03:20:20 PM

Hey bud, glad to have you on board, and thank you for the support  Smiley

Yeah it's a slow grind, market is holding which is my main concern, as long as we have stability.
I'm also working on getting up the recyclers, for price stability as well, but with some variations from the original design to allow NIRO to be purchased through the channels at a fixed rate which will prevent market bubbles, and also produce BTC that can go into the bot to maintain price holdings on the buy side. I've noticed this is one of the more influential concepts that drives market bubbles, someone buys up X BTC worth of NIRO on the sell side, and the buy orders don't come up as high, or have as much liquidity, so in essence, when someone is allowed to purchase X BTC worth of NIRO from the recyclers at a fixed price (lowest sell order), without driving the price up, this will allow the impulse buys, but also slowly stabilize the market for instead of the price increasing on the sell side and increasing the % spread between bids and asks, it will reduce the % spread, and increase the buy liquidity which will maintain the price, and slowly push it up as more buys come in from more BTC being produced from the recyclers. Once NIRO is purchased from the BTC on the buy side, with someone dumping on the order, the NIRO will be transferred back to the recyclers to be sold once again keeping a nice flow of coins between exchanges and recyclers, and helping to stabilize the price.

We are considering putting this off until we get the money transmitter licenses which could take some time due to it costing about 50k per state, which would put the grand total to 2M for all 50 states, but I believe if we register with FINCEN as a money transmitter, this would be a good start and enough legal protection to allow the recyclers to function.

The reason I am choosing to move more towards NIRO - BTC rather than CLONE - BTC - NIRO is to prepare us to go mainstream, in which having investigations as to whether the recyclers are market manipulations would be superfluous to our direction, in which the main point of the recyclers is to stabilize the price, and stimulate the economy, in which this system will do just fine without the need for clones.

The second reason I am deciding this new approach to recycling is the fact that to dump CLONE for BTC will prevent scams, but it will cause innocent people to buy into the scam on our dump, which will not be of benefit to all. This is why I am developing what I call a "Merging" system, in which clone coins that have been abandoned, and left with bag holders will be able to be merged into the NIRO, with minimal inflation to the NIRO, and a way to help those recover their losses by bringing them together into a stronger growing economy.

This was the second aim I had for the recyclers, to help people, but as stated someone will always end up holding the bag, so between the new recycling design and the merging, I believe this is the best way we can help to start refining the industry.

To deal with scams, we are developing the "Alerts" platform, to contain "red zones" and "green zones", to alert any user of the platform as to assets that have been flagged as "potentially hazardous", and assets that have been "verified" though code reviews, market statistics, threads, and so on. This will give "green zones" ranks, that will be drawn from many different data figures. I believe the best way to prevent these scams is through public awareness to their manipulative techniques, and provide a system with a wealth of statistics to not only show weak assets, but bring to the forefront assets that have been well developed.

But of course, I won't finalize my decision until I have heard from the community, so please, if there is anything you dislike about what I have just described, any ways you believe it could be improved, please do communicate how you believe the ideas can be refined.

Thank You,
Viz.

yampi

Activity: 433

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 03:48:01 PM

Just put the recycling service behind the TOR network.Cut down on silly expenses.
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2015, 04:04:43 PM

Just put the recycling service behind the TOR network.Cut down on silly expenses.

agreed.
Videlicet
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 19, 2015, 04:35:10 PM

Not sustainable for a business model, need to eventually be regulated, and hiding such things will only cause more resistance to mainstream adoption, we are "doing it by the book".

Thank You,
Viz.

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 12:24:54 PM

Hi Everyone,
Logos will be uploaded today, thread design/planning will start later today using our professional designer. I will also break ground on our new forum and will be posting sign up links once it goes live. We have decided to keep it simple and use the same platform as bitcoin talk.

Please follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/NexusNiro (@NexusNiro)

More updates coming later today on progress as we work hard and continue to build NIRO.

JOIN US ON IRC: #NexusNiro   (Niro tip bot is now live)

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:37:29 PM

New Logos:
If anyone needs the .ai files Download link listed below

Download .ai files:
http://nexusniro.com/img/logo1.ai
http://nexusniro.com/img/logo2.ai
http://nexusniro.com/img/logo3.ai
 Cheesy

go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:38:10 PM

wow , Nice logo , KK , I like it
KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 07:47:06 PM

wow , Nice logo , KK , I like it

Thank you sir. Now on to the thread design  Smiley

KryptoKash (OP)

Bitcoin Interest.

View Profile
May 21, 2015, 08:01:54 PM

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/NexusNiro

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nexus-Niro/384615115076544

cestballot

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
May 21, 2015, 11:38:18 PM

Nice job KK Smiley

Now marketing can realy start.

It's time to Viz to show us new feature and give us new tools.

We are Nexus !

Cest Ballot

Pages: « 1 ... 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 [153] 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: