Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:22:37 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
djm34
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2015, 03:16:31 PM

Tested on 750Ti  - 18.8 MH/s , but CPU usage is 100%. The older Nvidia miner reaches 23.5MH/s.
I haven't any view on AMD version Smiley
linux or windows ? In principle it is based on the latest algo (can you point me to what you were using before) ?
(the change I made shouldn't have any impact on hashrate)

djm34 facebook page
BTC: 1NENYmxwZGHsKFmyjTc5WferTn5VTFb7Ze
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:31:56 PM

Tested on 750Ti  - 18.8 MH/s , but CPU usage is 100%. The older Nvidia miner reaches 23.5MH/s.
linux or windows ? In principle it is based on the latest algo (can you point me to what you were using before) ?

Win 8.1 64bit. I compared with older skminer, It should be somewhere here on the thread (I'm not sure ).
EDIT: I found it on the thread , but the link no longer exists:
http://coinshield.io/binaries/miners/skminer_nvidia.rar
EDIT2: the post is from 06 of November 2014
ffman

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:48:25 PM

Tested on 750Ti  - 18.8 MH/s , but CPU usage is 100%. The older Nvidia miner reaches 23.5MH/s.

Why my 290x only 5.6MH/S
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512

quarkchain.io

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 03:56:58 PM

Why my 290x only 5.6MH/S
Driver always matters in AMD ...
merc84

Activity: 799

View Profile
July 19, 2015, 10:25:24 PM

I get LIBEAY32.dll is missing when trying to run the new amd miner, installed openssl for windows but still no joy.
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 01:50:54 AM

Win 8.1 64bit. I compared with older skminer, It should be somewhere here on the thread (I'm not sure ).
EDIT: I found it on the thread , but the link no longer exists:
http://coinshield.io/binaries/miners/skminer_nvidia.rar
EDIT2: the post is from 06 of November 2014
ok, I will have a look, however I was on the impression that I was using the latest.
Did you recompile it yourself to x64 ? This might affect the performance, for some reasons nvidia miners performs always better when compiled with x32

djm34 facebook page
Pledge for neoscrypt ccminer to that address: 16UoC4DmTz2pvhFvcfTQrzkPTrXkWijzXw
djm34
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 20, 2015, 01:54:57 AM

I get LIBEAY32.dll is missing when trying to run the new amd miner, installed openssl for windows but still no joy.
these programs should have been compiled in static and it shouldn't be necessary to include other dll files.
I will look if I can find some probleme there. (but in principle the old libraries used  in the previous release should still work

djm34 facebook page
ManiacMiner

Activity: 145
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:57:20 AM

Old djm34 miner have more performance then new. Compiled with x32 and tested on 750Ti.

(つ ͡๏ ͜১ ͡๏ )つ[̲̅$̲̅(̲̅5̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]ε=ʕ ͡๏ ͜১ ͡๏ʔ=з
merc84

View Profile
July 20, 2015, 11:36:38 PM

I only have 1 active connection to network today?
merc84

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 03:35:13 AM

these programs should have been compiled in static and it shouldn't be necessary to include other dll files.
I will look if I can find some probleme there. (but in principle the old libraries used  in the previous release should still work

I put LIBEAY32.dll in the folder with the miner and now get this error.

Namsbreh

Activity: 318
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2015, 09:10:38 AM

I used to have 6/7, now only get 2.
cestballot

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2015, 04:30:40 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2015, 09:56:24 PM by cestballot

I used to have 6/7, now only get 2.

I have 9 active connections to nexus network  Smiley

Edit : Some new about Tesnet core 2.0 validation ? all looks good for me  Wink
And about OP update ?

We are Nexus

merc84

View Profile
July 22, 2015, 04:34:45 AM

I have a weird issue with my r9 280x if i try and set any clocks below stock it simply reverts to stock clocks, setting any clocks higher than stock and that works fine. Tried using 14.7rc1/3 14.9 etc tried various methods for setting clocks (cgminer, msi afterburner sapphire twixx) but no joy. I even thought maybe it was some kind of windows issue so i went ahead and formatted then re-installed windows 7 x64 (twice for good measure) but still I am stuck with the same issue. I guess the obvious work around would to be flash the cards to the minimum clock settings in want to use (1000/1250) but why should i need too? I mean this was never an issue in the past why has it become an issue now, my google foo is failing me i can't seem to find any info on what could be the cause of this if anyone could point me in the right direction i would greatly appreciate it.
flipboxx

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:03:04 AM

The week is almost over...any news?
starblocks

Activity: 1344
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 08:32:25 AM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 09:00:33 AM by starblocks

This is a brilliant coin by someone who knows the crypto industry.  One small suggestion.  As pos is developed and released, all will agree the tech is superior and will allow long term growth.  However, 1 thing has bothered me about this great coin.  Its name.  Niro is not marketable in the real world. To illustrate: suppose you see a piece of art on the wall in an art gallery 50 years ago.  Someone tells u its a Picasso painting.  u say: this painting sucks.  Fast forward to present day, same scenario.  Someone says you are looking at a Picasso.  U say, Man thats ugly, but i want it! Why?  The name adds so much value.  We live in a world where branding and names are absolutely as important as what you are buying into.  As you move into marketing efforts, the tech will stand out, but people will always feel in the back of their minds this:  Niro is a stupid name that will be hard to adopt in the real world.  This is my humble opinion, but feel it will become important as this coin grows over the next year.  Cheers
RT

Think rebranding in simple terms.  U have a good answer that makes sense, but of course nexus will be out to inc. or LLC.  Examples of simplicity:  Cisco simply shortened San Francisco, Asus liked Pegasus from Greek mythology and simply dropped the Peg,  hotmail liked the mail part first but decided on hotmail because it has HTML in the name which its language is written in.  Etc, etc.  The point is: It has to mean something to the owner that's catchy and that sticks and resonates with the public in a hip or cool way.  Niro, although not bad, is not this.  It reminds us of a old Roman emperor, although the spelling is different.  Think simple, current to our times, hip, cool, trendy.  But most important: something that means something to you personally that suits your business plan

just vamping a little bit on the nexus niro name........

The nexus part sounds right, and the dictionary definition is spot on.  There are a lot of things using the name nexus: google has a popular phone & tablet of the same name, the replicants in Blade Runner were the nexus line, star trek generations took place in the nexus, Henry Miller's 3rd book of the sex trilogy was called nexus, and so on...but even so, no other crypto-currencies.

I like alliteration as much as anyone, but the niro part never seemed quite right to me.  Even though the spelling is different it evokes images of an emperor fiddling away while the empire is in flames, not good for a crypto-currency.

what about "neuro" for the token?  It evokes something alive and responsive, and neural networks are the basis of intelligence.
the alliteration stays. and it sounds close enough to niro that all the rebranding work you've done will not be lost.

NEXUS - as the official name for the project and pending incorporation this is locked in

NIRO - for the currency this is becoming less and less appealing to me as time goes on and it's not very attractive marketing wise

We could have a vote to decide if KK & Viz agree to a name change if that's what the majority wants

As far as name ideas go someone previously suggested: NEURO

I would like to suggest: FLUX

Anyone else with ideas for the currency name?

-----------------------------

EDIT: the first name has recently been taken https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132736.0

cestballot

Nexus pool : http://nexusniropool.cestballot.fr/

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 01:37:44 PM

NEXUS - as the official name for the project and pending incorporation this is locked in

NIRO - for the currency this is becoming less and less appealing to me as time goes on and it's not very attractive marketing wise

We could have a vote to decide if KK & Viz agree to a name change if that's what the majority wants

As far as name ideas go someone previously suggested: NEURO

I would like to suggest: FLUX

Anyone else with ideas for the currency name?

-----------------------------

EDIT: the first name has recently been taken https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1132736.0

I like Niro, it's like Euro  Wink Niro is a good name for european pepole.

Flux looks like more funny coin Smiley

rt99

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 02:03:30 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 04:05:18 PM by rt99

Flux doesn't mean anything to this coin or to developer.  It needs simplicity like Flux, but now with something that means something.
nPOS, trust, genesis, recyclers, POS 3.0 are all what Nexus is about.  The name needs to reflect these innovations and sound cool.  
And comparing Niro to Euro, not great right now.  Euro is debt money

Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2015, 06:01:19 PM

There is a lot more then just nPoS that makes Nexus what it is. Maybe I should re-cap all the active features:

1. Mining Channels: Each channel reinforces each other to prevent 51% attacks on one channel forcing attacker across multiple channels.
2. Hashing: SK-1024, SK-576, SK-512, and SK-256 used in all hashing. Pure SHA3 using Skein and Keccak.
3. Keys: 571 Bit Private Keys compared to 256 bit in other currencies. Using NID_sect571r1 as the algorithm.
4. Difficulty: Calculated with time overlaps and true % over bounds, using weighted block average over past 5 blocks.
5. SK-1024: Using Skein-1024 and Keccak-1600 for GPU PoW to produce a 1024 bit output hash used for the block hash proving the highest security.
6. Prime: Searching for Dense Prime Clusters as CPU PoW, finding these clusters of numbers that are ~308 digits to verify prime density in large numbers.
7. LLP: Lower Level Protocol as a template protocol to allow any protocol to be created with ease without need for repeated network programming.
8. Core LLP: Protocol responsible for time keeping as an advancement to NTP, keeping clocks on the network synchronized within a few seconds of one another. Maximum clock drift for Nexus is 10 seconds.
9. Mining LLP: Dedicated Mining Protocol outside of JSON-RPC Server to allow the greatest performance for mining. Protocol can handle 5k + connections allowing solo mining of any magnitude.
10. No Reward Halving: Rewards are calculated along an exponential decay curve to slowly reduce the value of each block rather than shock both miners and the market with block reward halving which acts as a rudimentary decay model.
11. Released Reserves: Decayed Amounts are deposited into the Reserves for each channel, preventing a miner from being able to mint more than project amount while difficulty is compensating to their amount of computing power.
12. Fractional Rewards: When reserves are below given thresholds, the mining reward is then based off of the time it took to create a block preventing a miner from ever being able to deplete the reserves.
13. Decentralized Checkpoints: All blocks must root from the most recent checkpoint which is declared by fitting into a timespan. This allows checkpoints to be automatically created every hour, without the need for any master node or checkpoint broadcast.
14. Trust Keys: Interest rate is increased the more a node services the main chain giving incentive to active stakers. This also increases the cost of an attack for in order to attack with a trust key it requires time to get it to the same threshold.
15. Nexus Proof of Stake: Explained in previous posts in detail, but in summary Proof of Stake system built from the ground up utilizing energy efficiency threshold, trust keys, and logarithmic weights to create the fairest and most stable Proof of Stake system to date.
16. Developer Commission: Built into the protocol levels, gives a small decayed amount to developer addresses every block [~1 Niro] over 10 years amounting to a total of ~2.5% after 10 years, and starting at ~1.5% as a way to bring the benefits of pre-mines, without the risk to investors. This means developer account has no control over the currency as it will never be of a high enough %, but it allows funds to be distributed to development removing need for corruptible foundations such as the Bitcoin Foundation which was spawned to cover developmental costs.

Features coming in future releases:
1. Reversible Transactions: Transaction can be reversed if below expiration time by sending transaction void to the network.
2. Two-Way Signatures: Receiver of transaction will be required to sign to prove ownership of txout before it will be processed. This will prevent burning coins by accident.
3. Trust Network: Using Trust Keys and more sophistication in Checkpoints will create a Trust Network in which nodes will be given the opportunity to vote on checkpoints and blocks to agree on set blockchain. This will prevent a rogue node from trying to manipulate the network.
4. Sync-less Wallets: Using the Trust Network as a backbone and the LLP for the protocol, will allow wallets to remain sync-less by processing transactions in the Trust Network.
5. HTML5 Wallet: Probably coming sooner rather then later, essentially building up a clean simple HTML5 wallet using qt web server. Will have all the great visuals that HTML5/CSS3 provides. Most likely coming before transaction features so I can have a cleaner GUI to integrate more functionality into.
6. Double Spend Protection: Using input locking and checking on reorganizations, can prevent a transaction from ever being able to be overwritten by a longer blockchain after a checkpoint eliminating any threat of 51% attacks.
7. LLL Integration: Once I finish the Library including Static and Dynamic Databases, will be integrating LLP, LLD, and LLS with possible LLE for encrypted communications and high efficiencies in protocol responses and data storage. Most likely going asymmetrical route for encryption.
8. Merging: This will be one of the bigger updates, essentially as another channel to start creating what I term "The Block Tree" which will enable other currencies to be merged into Nexus on a live network, enabling some of these worthless assets with great communities to come together to form one stronger global community. The assets will be merged together with minimal inflation to Nexus.

And of course, I'm excited for the day I get to open the source code Smiley
Now I agree with community here, name Niro doesn't ring equal to Nexus, actually in my opinion dampens Nexus. This is in part why I recapped active features and future features, so everyone can have a decent idea of what Nexus is so we can hopefully arrive at some names for the denomination. I don't like the word "coin" for one because it is the lowest valued form of money, and for two because it sounds like a video game. We need a currency name that carries that professional sound, so that the name reflects accurately what Nexus is.

Nexus is the name of project, corp, community, network as its definition fits all of these. Now as to my ideas for currency names, but please don't let that keep you from making your own suggestions. I'd like the symbol to be 3 letters if possible.

Some words I like.. Problem is none of these ring right to me with Nexus added... maybe you have better suggestions?
NEO
GEM
ZEN
NET

And expect the update release today at least for Windoze bins, I'll make some Ubuntu bins when I get to my other place this weekend. Just need to choose some main net constants and recompile, and set the time lock. Tests look good for Nexus Proof of Stake, I'm satisfied with its current level of security. Might be releasing future updates to tweak some constants if I don't like how these operate.

I am Choosing These Values for constants:
Trust Key Expire - 1 Day
Block Weight Span - 1 Day
Min Interval [Minimum blocks between your trust blocks] - 10 Blocks
Trust Weight Span - 30 Days
Genesis Weight Span - 90 Days
Max Coin Weight: 1000 or need at least 1000 coins for full coin weight.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
borris123

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 10:28:38 PM

There is a lot more then just nPoS that makes Nexus what it is. Maybe I should re-cap all the active features:

1. Mining Channels: Each channel reinforces each other to prevent 51% attacks on one channel forcing attacker across multiple channels.
2. Hashing: SK-1024, SK-576, SK-512, and SK-256 used in all hashing. Pure SHA3 using Skein and Keccak.
3. Keys: 571 Bit Private Keys compared to 256 bit in other currencies. Using NID_sect571r1 as the algorithm.
4. Difficulty: Calculated with time overlaps and true % over bounds, using weighted block average over past 5 blocks.
5. SK-1024: Using Skein-1024 and Keccak-1600 for GPU PoW to produce a 1024 bit output hash used for the block hash proving the highest security.
6. Prime: Searching for Dense Prime Clusters as CPU PoW, finding these clusters of numbers that are ~308 digits to verify prime density in large numbers.
7. LLP: Lower Level Protocol as a template protocol to allow any protocol to be created with ease without need for repeated network programming.
8. Core LLP: Protocol responsible for time keeping as an advancement to NTP, keeping clocks on the network synchronized within a few seconds of one another. Maximum clock drift for Nexus is 10 seconds.
9. Mining LLP: Dedicated Mining Protocol outside of JSON-RPC Server to allow the greatest performance for mining. Protocol can handle 5k + connections allowing solo mining of any magnitude.
10. No Reward Halving: Rewards are calculated along an exponential decay curve to slowly reduce the value of each block rather than shock both miners and the market with block reward halving which acts as a rudimentary decay model.
11. Released Reserves: Decayed Amounts are deposited into the Reserves for each channel, preventing a miner from being able to mint more than project amount while difficulty is compensating to their amount of computing power.
12. Fractional Rewards: When reserves are below given thresholds, the mining reward is then based off of the time it took to create a block preventing a miner from ever being able to deplete the reserves.
13. Decentralized Checkpoints: All blocks must root from the most recent checkpoint which is declared by fitting into a timespan. This allows checkpoints to be automatically created every hour, without the need for any master node or checkpoint broadcast.
14. Trust Keys: Interest rate is increased the more a node services the main chain giving incentive to active stakers. This also increases the cost of an attack for in order to attack with a trust key it requires time to get it to the same threshold.
15. Nexus Proof of Stake: Explained in previous posts in detail, but in summary Proof of Stake system built from the ground up utilizing energy efficiency threshold, trust keys, and logarithmic weights to create the fairest and most stable Proof of Stake system to date.
16. Developer Commission: Built into the protocol levels, gives a small decayed amount to developer addresses every block [~1 Niro] over 10 years amounting to a total of ~2.5% after 10 years, and starting at ~1.5% as a way to bring the benefits of pre-mines, without the risk to investors. This means developer account has no control over the currency as it will never be of a high enough %, but it allows funds to be distributed to development removing need for corruptible foundations such as the Bitcoin Foundation which was spawned to cover developmental costs.

Features coming in future releases:
1. Reversible Transactions: Transaction can be reversed if below expiration time by sending transaction void to the network.
2. Two-Way Signatures: Receiver of transaction will be required to sign to prove ownership of txout before it will be processed. This will prevent burning coins by accident.
3. Trust Network: Using Trust Keys and more sophistication in Checkpoints will create a Trust Network in which nodes will be given the opportunity to vote on checkpoints and blocks to agree on set blockchain. This will prevent a rogue node from trying to manipulate the network.
4. Sync-less Wallets: Using the Trust Network as a backbone and the LLP for the protocol, will allow wallets to remain sync-less by processing transactions in the Trust Network.
5. HTML5 Wallet: Probably coming sooner rather then later, essentially building up a clean simple HTML5 wallet using qt web server. Will have all the great visuals that HTML5/CSS3 provides. Most likely coming before transaction features so I can have a cleaner GUI to integrate more functionality into.
6. Double Spend Protection: Using input locking and checking on reorganizations, can prevent a transaction from ever being able to be overwritten by a longer blockchain after a checkpoint eliminating any threat of 51% attacks.
7. LLL Integration: Once I finish the Library including Static and Dynamic Databases, will be integrating LLP, LLD, and LLS with possible LLE for encrypted communications and high efficiencies in protocol responses and data storage. Most likely going asymmetrical route for encryption.
8. Merging: This will be one of the bigger updates, essentially as another channel to start creating what I term "The Block Tree" which will enable other currencies to be merged into Nexus on a live network, enabling some of these worthless assets with great communities to come together to form one stronger global community. The assets will be merged together with minimal inflation to Nexus.

And of course, I'm excited for the day I get to open the source code Smiley
Now I agree with community here, name Niro doesn't ring equal to Nexus, actually in my opinion dampens Nexus. This is in part why I recapped active features and future features, so everyone can have a decent idea of what Nexus is so we can hopefully arrive at some names for the denomination. I don't like the word "coin" for one because it is the lowest valued form of money, and for two because it sounds like a video game. We need a currency name that carries that professional sound, so that the name reflects accurately what Nexus is.

Nexus is the name of project, corp, community, network as its definition fits all of these. Now as to my ideas for currency names, but please don't let that keep you from making your own suggestions. I'd like the symbol to be 3 letters if possible.

Some words I like.. Problem is none of these ring right to me with Nexus added... maybe you have better suggestions?
NEO
GEM
ZEN
NET

And expect the update release today at least for Windoze bins, I'll make some Ubuntu bins when I get to my other place this weekend. Just need to choose some main net constants and recompile, and set the time lock. Tests look good for Nexus Proof of Stake, I'm satisfied with its current level of security. Might be releasing future updates to tweak some constants if I don't like how these operate.

I am Choosing These Values for constants:
Trust Key Expire - 1 Day
Block Weight Span - 1 Day
Min Interval [Minimum blocks between your trust blocks] - 10 Blocks
Trust Weight Span - 30 Days
Genesis Weight Span - 90 Days
Max Coin Weight: 1000 or need at least 1000 coins for full coin weight.

Thank You,
Viz.

How long till release?
rt99

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 24, 2015, 11:21:39 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2015, 11:37:27 PM by rt99

Great job.  Long term hold here for sure.  Glad u recognize the importance of this awesome tech you have , combined with branding and upcoming marketing efforts.  The name is a tough one here because there's so much this project delivers.  Some of those key words are good, better than Niro for sure.  I'm going to make a point of researching this name thing and try to come up with a few ideas that may work.  No promises, as this is a tough one.  Here are a couple catchy ones that reflect this tech company's name brand.
NET3.0
nPOS ( I love this, sounds catchy.  Just like it sounds n-pos)
NexTX (nex-tx)
SHA3 ( sha-3)
MGTX (mined, genesis, trust, transactions)
Just off top of my head, will post some more later
Pages: « 1 ... 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 [171] 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: