Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 02:26:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
macorcina

Activity: 466
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:07:35 PM

npos is punishment not reward system.
reward system will be 3% interse, whatever.
and increase if you're staying for longer time to exemple 6%.
Also if we're talking for people to people, and main purpose for pos, secure the network, the must be LESS reward for BIGGER staking amount.

Excessive pos reward only increases inflation which reduces value of the coin for all... the system is already designed to be fair for all by giving higher trust weight for longer time without trust block and other measures all of which are already outlined by viz in previous posts. While I agree increasing trust key expiration beyond 1 day seems a reasonable measure I cant help but feel you are just here to complain that you can't immediately profit from staking the coins u have purchased/mined etc. Also I can't help but notice your calculations are rather in accurate since you don't take into account the fact that the interest rate will increase from the .5% starting value. Further there are many ways you can perform staking that will use significantly less power than running a desktop pc a few have already been mentioned but there are more than haven't such as intel nuc or the raspberry pi with such devices power consumption could be considered almost non existent (~4-6w) add to that the fact you could be staking multiple different coins on such devices and it seems to make much more sense to use such a device for staking than a desktop pc.

I talking about facts.
Fact 1. / POS is replacement of mining. mining and pos is the same. purpose is generating NEW blok.

do you agree about that ?
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
babylon99

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 04:21:57 PM

Wow many coins except BTC . what are they ? i am Newbie and didn't know exist other coins . i'm confused with seeing this section .
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 05:12:44 PM

My wallet stopped syncing overnight, I have 7 connections but nothing I do will allow it to start syncing again.  

Any suggestions?

ETA: Just noticed from nexusniro.com that the reserves have been drained overnight.........was 3000 odd last night, now down to 420!

I had to resync the whole blockchain....very strange. 

I see the reserve amounts displayed in wallet differ from those on nexusniro.com?
Videlicet
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1058

Creator of Nexus http://nexus.io

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2015, 06:09:46 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2015, 06:23:13 PM by Videlicet

Proof of Stake
nPoS is designed as another measure to secure the network, on top of the 2 already existing mining channels which means 51% attack cost is spread across nPoS, Prime, and Hashing. This secures the network. It is not a fact for it to replace mining, it is a fact for it to secure the other two channels more then they were secured before. The mining for Nexus won't finish it's initial distribution for 10 years. I build nPoS from scratch due to many security flaws in PoS v1.0/2.0.

Community Input on nPoS
I'll probably increase trust key expiration to 1 week, so that there is more freedom for stakers to still build their interest rate, but also allow natural circumstances of life to not force its expiration. If you would like a different expiration time, do let me know. As I said, its up to the community what values we use for nPoS, so speak up to the trust key expiration time you would like, and I will be happy to implement it. The same could be said for Maximum Interest rate, I'll implement what we can agree on.

Reserves
Reserves on main site are 1 block back, reserves in wallet are the next block's reserve amounts so this is why these numbers could differ slightly.

Sk Miner
Yes miners crashing definitely has to be with the build, what versions of SKMiner have issues?

Promotion
As to promotion we are doing just that, first phase is getting our visuals up to par such as OP, site, and Wallets. I need to do a lot of work in the GUI since most of my time has been under the hood.

Purpose
The purpose of Niro is to solve major flaws in Bitcoin for both the benfit of Nexus and Bitcoin, creating a usable currency to be used for many years to come. This has been done with the 15 active features, and 3 features under development. This is what I've spent the last 1.5 years doing, and will continue to do so for years to come. The purpose and vision is outlined in more detail in the Nexus White Paper.

Nexus White Paper Abstract:
Abstract. Herein this paper lays the many concepts and components that are represented by Nexus. They were/are developed solely, for the use of citizens of the world to foster: Freedom, Innovation, and Self Sufficiency. It applies these concepts in the following regions of knowledge: Viz. Psychology, Philosophy, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Economics. Established companies Nexus Tech, Inc. and Nexus Union, Inc. together supplement The Nexus Economy extending the concepts outlined in this paper – establishing an economy that gives power to the people, the citizens: the working force that is the movement of a system. Together, with the proper procedure, we bring upon ourselves knowledge, growth, and wisdom demonstrated to elucidate the understanding of a greater profit within the perspectives and philosophies of Nexus: It is the Connection of Economies, Ideas, People, Computers, and Resources that will free mankind as the connection of matter and cells frees life into expanding consciousness.

Thank You,
Viz.

[Nexus] Created by Viz. [Videlicet] : "videre licet - it may be seen; evidently; clearly"
macorcina

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 06:43:46 PM

please Viz, answer to me.
For Any crypto coins. ( including niro )
you must have blockchain, blok 0, blok 1, blok 2 etc.......
you must produce blok
you could produce blok
1. by mining
2. by pos
3. by mining and pos.
Answer to me . This is correct or  not.  With yes or No.
jasemoney
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1008

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 07:47:38 PM

Im not Viz but yes you need mining through pos or traditional to move blocks. what is your question... if you lose connection for 2 days you will make up the stake you missed later. the point is to reward people for doing the work. whether it is stake or mine it is work that needs to be done.

$MAID & $BTC other than that some short hodls and some long held garbage.
macorcina

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:26:15 PM

I talking about facts.
From your post i understand we agree about fact 1.
Fact 1. / mining and POS is the same. purpose is generating NEW blok.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:27:58 PM

I talking about facts.
From your post i undestand we agree abaut fact 1.
Fact 1. /  mining and POS is the same. purpose is generating NEW blok.
so what next. they have same purpose, they are 2 different ways to accomplish this purpose

macorcina

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:36:59 PM

I talking about facts.
Fact 1. /  mining and POS is the same. purpose is generating NEW blok.
so what next. they have same purpose, they are 2 different ways to accomplish this purpose

fact 2
now we talk about reward.
reward in coins could be zero  to  whatever per blok.
Yes or no. ?
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 08:41:18 PM

More nodes staking does help secure the nPoS channel yes, so thank you for helping Smiley

As to Trust Key expiration if you don't stake for 1 day your key will expire requiring you to get another genesis transaction and create a new trust key starting at 0.5% interest. Most likely going to increase the expiration time to 1 week or month, depending on what you guys would like so if you have suggestions to how long you would like the expiration time to be, let me know Smiley

Vanilla has had a lot of attention, but under false pretense such as: The Angel Investor was actually John Conner.
There are also some false claims such as their staking being more energy efficient, when it is an exact line for line clone of Peercoin, just rewritten in C++ 11.

Another thing for you VNL holders, don't trust Zero Time. I found some flaws in it that would allow successful double spends at zero confirmations without 51% of network power, I'm writing a report for a friend about it and other positives / negatives with its claims / actual results.

But on another note, I'd like to extend my appreciation to everyone for helping make Nexus what it is, don't forget: By the People, for the People. To me, Nexus isn't just about profit, it's about freeing ourselves from a system designed to keep us enslaved, the more everyone works together, the more chances we have at this Freedom.

Cooperation, not Competition
We Are Nexus

Be a good sport and show the flaws instead of just posting things like this. The whole idea of the test network is for people to test it, so if you found something let the VNL dev know. I seriously doubt that you have though  Grin
Namsbreh

Activity: 318

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 09:31:25 PM

This is what I mean about the difference in reserves, a bit more than a slight difference.

I would prefer trust key expiration to be somewhere between 14-21 days.  I go skiing during the winter and try to have a holiday/break from computers etc. 

I would also prefer a higher interest rate maximum, although I am well aware of inflationary risks.  At the moment the interest is not important to me as I can mine more in 15 mins than I get from staking for a day, but in the future it could be different.  Maybe %5-7.

I understand the additional security nPOS provides to the other channels.
jasemoney
Legendary

Forget-about-it

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 10:14:29 PM

I talking about facts.
Fact 1. /  mining and POS is the same. purpose is generating NEW blok.

fact 2
now we talk about reward.
reward in coins could be zero  to  whatever per blok.
Yes or no. ?
i think your wasting space or this could be discussed elsewhere.
yes it could be zero to infinity. if its zero there is no incentive to waste work for nothing as even if the cost is a few watts power for POS is still disincentive

merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 07, 2015, 11:53:05 PM

Proof of Stake

Community Input on nPoS
I'll probably increase trust key expiration to 1 week, so that there is more freedom for stakers to still build their interest rate, but also allow natural circumstances of life to not force its expiration. If you would like a different expiration time, do let me know. As I said, its up to the community what values we use for nPoS, so speak up to the trust key expiration time you would like, and I will be happy to implement it. The same could be said for Maximum Interest rate, I'll implement what we can agree on.

Reserves
Reserves on main site are 1 block back, reserves in wallet are the next block's reserve amounts so this is why these numbers could differ slightly.

Sk Miner
Yes miners crashing definitely has to be with the build, what versions of SKMiner have issues?

Thank You,
Viz.

3% is already a higher interest rate than you would get from saving traditional money in a savings account (at least currently)

Reserve stats differ greatly from info tab in the debug console to the values shown when u do "getmininginfo" in the console. For example there is a 3101 difference in those stats on the hashing channel currently (block 353210).

I'm not sure of actual version but it was the one most recently released by djm34, previous build v1.2 seems 100% stable.

There has been some talk recently about Gpu pool I think this should be a priority at this point.

macorcina

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 12:32:18 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 01:38:07 AM by macorcina

I would prefer trust key expiration to be somewhere between 14-21 days.  I go skiing during the winter and try to have a holiday/break from computers etc.  

I would also prefer a higher interest rate maximum, although I am well aware of inflationary risks.  At the moment the interest is not important to me as I can mine more in 15 mins than I get from staking for a day, but in the future it could be different.  Maybe %5-7.

I understand the additional security nPOS provides to the other channels.

I can mine more in 15 mins than I get from staking for a day,

this is best explanations of big disproportions between nero channels.
If we agree about
fact 1 mining = pos= generate blok = make blockchain = live network
fact 2 coins is REWARD for mining or pos
in niro is big disproportions for miners with gpu, cpu and miners with POS.

in other words , for all crypto design main problem is FAIR coin distributions.
and fair reward for ALL network participants/ worker /miner/ investor/  
merc84

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 02:34:52 AM
Last edit: August 08, 2015, 02:55:20 AM by merc84

this is best explanations of big disproportions between nero channels.
If we agree about
fact 1 mining = pos= generate blok = make blockchain = live network
fact 2 coins is REWARD for mining or pos
in niro is big disproportions for miners with gpu, cpu and miners with POS.

in other words , for all crypto design main problem is FAIR coin distributions.
and fair reward for ALL network participants/ worker /miner/ investor/  

Miners using gpu/cpu have invested much more in hardware and power cost than pos miners its only fair they get greater reward. Also most pos coins have 1-5% interest at most, the ones that have more usually die a fast death due to excessive inflation.
traumschiff
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1001

180 BPM

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:46:41 AM

More nodes staking does help secure the nPoS channel yes, so thank you for helping Smiley

As to Trust Key expiration if you don't stake for 1 day your key will expire requiring you to get another genesis transaction and create a new trust key starting at 0.5% interest. Most likely going to increase the expiration time to 1 week or month, depending on what you guys would like so if you have suggestions to how long you would like the expiration time to be, let me know Smiley

Vanilla has had a lot of attention, but under false pretense such as: The Angel Investor was actually John Conner.
There are also some false claims such as their staking being more energy efficient, when it is an exact line for line clone of Peercoin, just rewritten in C++ 11.

Another thing for you VNL holders, don't trust Zero Time. I found some flaws in it that would allow successful double spends at zero confirmations without 51% of network power, I'm writing a report for a friend about it and other positives / negatives with its claims / actual results.

But on another note, I'd like to extend my appreciation to everyone for helping make Nexus what it is, don't forget: By the People, for the People. To me, Nexus isn't just about profit, it's about freeing ourselves from a system designed to keep us enslaved, the more everyone works together, the more chances we have at this Freedom.

We Are Nexus1

Be a good sport and show the flaws instead of just posting things like this. The whole idea of the test network is for people to test it, so if you found something let the VNL dev know. I seriously doubt that you have though  Grin

If he had anything he would have posted proof via testnet else the full code and draft isn't up on github yet, but yeah, he obviously found a flaw and will report it to his "friend" instead of revealing it. Trust him, he is a respected clone dev.

merc84

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 06:59:58 AM

Clone of what lol stupid shills go post somewhere else.
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:04:58 AM

We Are Nexus1

If he had anything he would have posted proof via testnet else the full code and draft isn't up on github yet, but yeah, he obviously found a flaw and will report it to his "friend" instead of revealing it. Trust him, he is a respected clone dev.

Exactly, he's trying to bring unwarranted attention to this "project" by luring in VNL holders. It worked, somewhat, but it's just mindless FUD. No proof, no nothing.
Well good luck with this walletbuilders.com coin lads, if you ever feel the need to FUD another coin, choose one from which you can actually win.

Normally I am all pro broship between coins, but you just outed yourself as a pathetic little bunch, so I'll end with a heartfelt FU

Goodnight

CTRLX

Activity: 910
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:18:15 AM

merc84

View Profile
August 08, 2015, 07:30:46 AM

This has to be some of the lowest quality fud around GJ.  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 [178] 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 ... 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: