Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:56:37 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Nexus - Pure SHA3 + CPU/GPU + nPoS + 15 Active Innovations + More to Come  (Read 785447 times)
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:20:30 PM

Nexus is a grand and glorious project.

Unfortunately, good mortals are hard to find.
The Nexus team on the website is fine, but the mods and their ass-kissing clique at Nexus Slack are disease-infested, maggot-laden dogshit.

If you have a free mind and know how to express yourself freely with verve, the following shit are those to look out for:

Shea
Mike Casey
Alberic
Alexnt02
JetFunk

There are other ass-kissing maggots in this group. But these are the main ones who belittle and ridicule, if you express thoughts outside their stinking fish-bowl.

Unfortunately, Mike Casey was a made a mod at Discord too.

No doubt these maggots are to blame for the low-price of Nexus - people join Slack and see their vacuous and vexing bullshit and idle talk.
Think twice about investing in Nexus, these fuck-tards will drive the price into the shit-hole.

Im sorry you feel that way, honestly I barely go on slack due to all the spam and the repeated QandAs, but thats just me.  for me im in NXS for the long term, so short term price doesnt bother me too much.

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 03:41:57 PM

OMG, is it really true that this coin will have nodes on launched satellites?!  Shocked

Yes. Starting this year. JULY and OCTOBER. ...and its trading at 2 buxx right now.

Wow that's pretty soon already. Going to be a site to behold! Will there also be camera's attached to the rocket or will it be filmed by drones or camera's from the ground? Would be an amazing moment to watch this on a livestream!

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████████████████████████
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 05:03:31 PM

OMG, is it really true that this coin will have nodes on launched satellites?!  Shocked

Yes. Starting this year. JULY and OCTOBER. ...and its trading at 2 buxx right now.

Wow that's pretty soon already. Going to be a site to behold! Will there also be camera's attached to the rocket or will it be filmed by drones or camera's from the ground? Would be an amazing moment to watch this on a livestream!

Based upon the horrific karma of the Nexus Community created by the sick and pathetic mods at Nexus Slack, I would expect Nexus first launch would be an explosion like Challenger in 96'. The price of NXS will drop so fast, the Nexus dream will become a nightmare for all involved

loool  Grin dudeee smoke a fatty and chill out
what's the matter with you

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
limitup

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 05:52:06 PM

OMG, is it really true that this coin will have nodes on launched satellites?!  Shocked

Michael Sheetz@ CNBC will most likely be covering Vector launches.  I don't know if there will be cameras on the rockets. It will be a exciting summer/fall.

Just load up and HODL. Right now price is in consolidation mode. Seasonals suggest we will turn up in March.  

I think there will be third launch this year as well.
Turing

Activity: 994
Merit: 277

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 06:05:01 PM

Based upon the horrific karma of the Nexus Community created by the sick and pathetic mods at Nexus Slack, I would expect Nexus first launch would be an explosion like Challenger in 96'. The price of NXS will drop so fast, the Nexus dream will become a nightmare for all involved

Challenger was ‘86, actually.
limitup

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:21:18 PM

Nexus is a grand and glorious project.

Unfortunately, good mortals are hard to find.
The Nexus team on the website is fine, but the mods and their ass-kissing clique at Nexus Slack are disease-infested, maggot-laden dogshit.

If you have a free mind and know how to express yourself freely with verve, the following shit are those to look out for:

Shea
Mike Casey
Alberic
Alexnt02
JetFunk

There are other ass-kissing maggots in this group - these are the main ones who belittle and ridicule, if you express thoughts outside their stinking fish-bowl.

Unfortunately, Mike Casey was a made a mod at Discord too.

No doubt these maggots are to blame for the low-price of Nexus - people join Slack and see their vacuous and vexing bullshit and idle talk.
Think twice about investing in Nexus, these fuck-tards will drive the price into the shit-hole.

You are fucking clueless!!! Stop being a crying pussy and get the fuck out and get job at Mcdonalds.  You are not fit for trading. You would last one day in the futures market. 
Turing

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:53:59 PM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 12:19:01 PM by Turing

What do those rocket launches + satellites cost?
How many satellites will be launched?
What is the coverage?
What is the budget of the Nexus team, how much are they holding?
What will it do to the Nexus price when they sell their stack to pay for those launches?

Still have a few questions, I think they are valid ones.
Not to fud, just some research.
jezabel

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:33:51 AM

There was a meeting today with the main Nexus team because of the malignant narcissism of the mods and admins of Nexus Slack.
So if you think I'm off-base, check for yourself. These fucks are real assholes.

I think that you should step back and look into the mirror with this one.
Regardless of your issues with nexus' slack, based on your rancid attitude you've displayed in this thread im not sure i could see how anyone would treat you in the manner you would like to be shown.

Here's a nice little life lesson: treat people how you would like to be treated.

Sounds to me like you have a personal problem. You can keep your beef with slack mods and entitlement to yourself.

I can assure you that nobody cares about anything your saying.

jezabel

Activity: 27

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:47:48 AM

There was a meeting today with the main Nexus team because of the malignant narcissism of the mods and admins of Nexus Slack.
So if you think I'm off-base, check for yourself. These fucks are real assholes.

I think that you should step back and look into the mirror with this one.
Regardless of your issues with nexus' slack, based on your rancid attitude you've displayed in this thread im not sure i could see how anyone would treat you in the manner you would like to be shown.

Here's a nice little life lesson: treat people how you would like to be treated.

Sounds to me like you have a personal problem. You can keep your beef with slack mods and entitlement to yourself.

I can assure you that nobody cares about anything your saying.

You're dispensing many assumptions out of your ass without knowing facts -
You certainly don't want to ask questions, that would blow-away your baselss-bullshit.

LMFAO

well then.. since you like to use pretty colors in attempt to get your point across. and the fact that you clearly dont seem to understand, I'll make it simple..

i can assure you that nobody cares about anything youre saying.
limitup

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:56:01 AM

A sneak peek of the new Tritium Wallet:

https://www.facebook.com/hemi.tobin/videos/10216166523622604/

Pon13

Activity: 670
Merit: 130

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 08:44:47 AM

that is super news !!

Bill Hicks was right about....everything
Turing

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 12:17:34 PM

What is the coverage?
What will it do to the Nexus price when they sell their stack to pay for those launches?

Is there nobody here who knows this?
SHBlizzard

Activity: 196
Merit: 124

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 07:42:59 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 07:57:03 AM by SHBlizzard

What is the coverage?

"The Vector-R vehicle is a low-cost rocket intended to meet the growing demand from the microsatellite sector, which is expected to become a $7.5 billion industry in five years. At less than $3 million per launch, Vector is aiming for a 20th the cost of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket."
- source: Oct 19, 2017 https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/19/vector-space-systems-signs-deal-with-virgina-space.html

this potential agreement could potentially lower the launch costs listed above - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/23/rocket-builders-looking-to-brazil-for-equatorial-launch-site.html

EDIT: this is the cost for launching the rocket not the satellites, i read somewhere that parts for a micro satellite can cost as low as 25-30k, nano satellites (1 cubesat is 10cmx10cmx10cm) 100k per cubesat, including launch 150k to 1M

⚪ Byteball          I T   J U S T   W O R K S .   
Sending Crypto to Email   -   Risk-Free Conditional Smart Payments   -   ICO Platform with KYC
ANN THREAD                  TELEGRAM                     TWITTER                  MEDIUM                  SLACK                  REDDIT
muleroaa

Activity: 924
Merit: 526

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:59:13 PM

What is the coverage?

"The Vector-R vehicle is a low-cost rocket intended to meet the growing demand from the microsatellite sector, which is expected to become a $7.5 billion industry in five years. At less than $3 million per launch, Vector is aiming for a 20th the cost of a SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket."
- source: Oct 19, 2017 https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/19/vector-space-systems-signs-deal-with-virgina-space.html

this potential agreement could potentially lower the launch costs listed above - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/23/rocket-builders-looking-to-brazil-for-equatorial-launch-site.html

EDIT: this is the cost for launching the rocket not the satellites, i read somewhere that parts for a micro satellite can cost as low as 25-30k, nano satellites (1 cubesat is 10cmx10cmx10cm) 100k per cubesat, including launch 150k to 1M

There is obviously a need for cheaper and more frequent launches for smaller satellites. It will be interesting to see how Vector might get a leading role in these launches and how Nexus will tie into this. I think I read there is some kind of connection with VMware, I'm sure this will gather quite some publicity too when the time comes.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                          ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
             █████████████████                   █████████████████
         █████████████████████████           █████████████████████████
       █████████████████████████████       █████████████████████████████
     █████████████████████████████████   █████████████████████████████████
   ████████████▀           ▀██████████████████████████████████████████████
  ████████████▄▄███████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████
 ▐██████████████▀         ▀██████████▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████▄▄█████████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
▐█████████████████▀      ▀██████████▓▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████▌
▐████████████████▄▄██████▄▄█████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████      ███████████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓███████████████████████████████████▌
▐██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓████████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████ ████ ████████████▓▓▓▓▓███████████████    ████████████████
  █████████████████ ████ █████████████▓▓▓████████████████   █████████████   █
   ████████████████      ███████████████████████████████    ███████████
    ██████████████████████████████████ ██████████████████     ████████
      ███████████████████████████████     █████████████████
        ███████████████████████████         █████████████████▓
           ████████████████████                ███████████████████▓
               ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄████████████████████████████▄
▓████████████████████████████████▓
███████████████████████▒░███████████
▄█████████████████▒░      ███████████▄
█████████████░░          ░████████████
█████████░              ░█████████████
██████████▓░░          ░██████████████
██████████████▓░       ███████████████
▀███████████████▒     ░██████████████▀
████████████████▒   ░███████████████
████████████████░ ░███████████████
▀████████████████████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
 ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
JOIN OUR
TELEGRAM
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 06:58:46 AM

If Nexus really is all it purports to be, it reminds me of when I was mining ETH and it's price hovered around $10 for months, then dropped as low as $7.

But then when a whole lot of attention was aimed at it, and it started to actually prove to have utility (when really useful ICOs started rather than that DAO fiasco) and worth and the price started climbing. It then hovered around the $50 range, which is unfortunately for me - when I sold most of what I mined. I did make a nice amount, but if I had HODL'd it, it would now be worth a quarter million, rather than the approximately $12000 I made.

Hindsight is 20/20 obviously, and I had financial pressures that more or less forced me to cash out early with ETH. It was so nerve wracking for someone like me who isn't very rich or wealthy - and the electricity bills on the mining rigs were ridiculous because I live in a VERY energy expensive country....

but the point of all this whining is: HODL your NXS if you really believe in the project!

I'm not sure about it yet - obviously it has great ideas, but I'm very cautious in my optimism about it because it seems almost too ambitious. I work in electro-mechanical engineering so I know how expensive and time consuming it is to build very small but highly functional devices - so I can only imagine that just building a cubesat, before you even get it on a launch vehicle will be REALLY expensive. This project is proposing a constellation of these! Imagine how much money it cost to put up (and maintain) the GPS constellation!

I think that if Nexus manages it's own "Sputnik" and actually succeeds in having one up there and working - it's price should just head for the moon, and then I guess that's how they fund a whole constellation, so IMHO - successfully Earth orbiting a nexus node (or not) is the whole deal. If they can do that it will be in the top 5 on coinmarketcap.com, but for as long as they don't the price will continue to fall.

I guess it's possible that if they show in public that there is progress towards this goal it would definitely pump the price - but maybe they don't want that to happen. Or maybe it's never going to happen because there is no progress towards this goal and it's all snake-oil like 85% of crypto currencies - I haven't done enough research or actually seen any evidence that makes me confident that this is real yet, but I do HODL a few hundred NXS. Right now I am very, very tempted to buy a whole lot more in the hope that this is real.

Good luck Nexus - I hope you really can make "skynet" but for all of us to benefit from - rather than the other thing.

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
newmz

Activity: 372
Merit: 250

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 07:03:19 AM

What is the coverage?

There is obviously a need for cheaper and more frequent launches for smaller satellites. It will be interesting to see how Vector might get a leading role in these launches and how Nexus will tie into this. I think I read there is some kind of connection with VMware, I'm sure this will gather quite some publicity too when the time comes.

I agree there is a need for cheaper solutions, but when you are choosing the best vehicle, it's a shame if that has to mean "the cheapest".

Crypto currency enthusiast and miner since 2015. Mined approx 200 ETH during 2016 and 2017 and sold it at approximately $US40 each. Then I watched it reach $1000+ each. If anyone bothers to read this stuff pay attention to this: HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL HODL

I started mining with 1 AMD 7950 and 1 R9-280X. Then I gradually built my AMD operation into 12 R9-290s. Awesome ETH hash but ridiculous power consumption and heat. Over the last year I defected to the Nvidia team. I now use GTX 1070s. They were expensive to buy (probably a bargain now) but awesome hash rate vs. power consumption. blah blah blah blah
limitup

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 08:43:30 AM

1  (done deal) Sat(s) launches and possibly 2 more this year.
Vector has already locked in 5 orbital launches starting in 2019 with Open Cosmos:

https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/vector-announces-five-orbital-launch-reservation-with-open-cosmos-300598391.html

If Nexus really is all it purports to be, it reminds me of when I was mining ETH and it's price hovered around $10 for months, then dropped as low as $7.

But then when a whole lot of attention was aimed at it, and it started to actually prove to have utility (when really useful ICOs started rather than that DAO fiasco) and worth and the price started climbing. It then hovered around the $50 range, which is unfortunately for me - when I sold most of what I mined. I did make a nice amount, but if I had HODL'd it, it would now be worth a quarter million, rather than the approximately $12000 I made.

Hindsight is 20/20 obviously, and I had financial pressures that more or less forced me to cash out early with ETH. It was so nerve wracking for someone like me who isn't very rich or wealthy - and the electricity bills on the mining rigs were ridiculous because I live in a VERY energy expensive country....

but the point of all this whining is: HODL your NXS if you really believe in the project!

I'm not sure about it yet - obviously it has great ideas, but I'm very cautious in my optimism about it because it seems almost too ambitious. I work in electro-mechanical engineering so I know how expensive and time consuming it is to build very small but highly functional devices - so I can only imagine that just building a cubesat, before you even get it on a launch vehicle will be REALLY expensive. This project is proposing a constellation of these! Imagine how much money it cost to put up (and maintain) the GPS constellation!

I think that if Nexus manages it's own "Sputnik" and actually succeeds in having one up there and working - it's price should just head for the moon, and then I guess that's how they fund a whole constellation, so IMHO - successfully Earth orbiting a nexus node (or not) is the whole deal. If they can do that it will be in the top 5 on coinmarketcap.com, but for as long as they don't the price will continue to fall.

I guess it's possible that if they show in public that there is progress towards this goal it would definitely pump the price - but maybe they don't want that to happen. Or maybe it's never going to happen because there is no progress towards this goal and it's all snake-oil like 85% of crypto currencies - I haven't done enough research or actually seen any evidence that makes me confident that this is real yet, but I do HODL a few hundred NXS. Right now I am very, very tempted to buy a whole lot more in the hope that this is real.

Good luck Nexus - I hope you really can make "skynet" but for all of us to benefit from - rather than the other thing.
ceozero

Activity: 18

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 05:08:54 PM

new NXS GPU POOL,
www.pool.ren

skminer nxs.pool.ren 9521 wallet.worker 6 20 47

ONE more efficient pool,

Lower rejection rate.
kotwica666
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:22:44 PM

I see that opinions are extremely different, probably those who bought higher, are disappointed now. Ufortunately that's how investing in the crypto world looks like.

Where I can find roadmap for the next days / weeks / months to check by myself what the future for Nexus is?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
SheaDan

Activity: 3
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 27, 2018, 01:41:17 PM
Merited by kotwica666 (1)

Hey Kotwica666. Nexus does not have a roadmap, per se. Not one with dates etc. I can give you a quick update on the upcoming releases (may be out of order):
Tritium whitepaper, Tritium Electrum wallet, Tritium hard fork. 3DC whitepaper, Amine (L2 of the 3DC), Obsidian mining vault (L3 of the 3DC).
As for satellite launches, Nexus hopes to launch 2 test satellites in 2018. I also believe work is progressing on developing a mobile wallet.
Shea
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 »
  Print  

Jump to: