Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 09:06:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622147 times)
batesresearch
Legendary

Activity: 2424
Merit: 1147

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:10:07 PM

Crypto Cloud Hosting

Awesome. Smiley

How experienced with running websites would you expect someone to be to enter? I assume you would want someone who really knew what they were doing in order to thoroughly test out the system, right?

It depends I understand alot of people are still learning and I will be offering help setting up systems (No mater the user). It would really be for example, adding your domain, setting up your emails, maybe uploading files via FTP, configuring your account etc. Just someone that can get a feel and provide feedback of the platform and how easy they can use the main features.

Hope this helps

Visit Satoshi's Place, a Bitcoin Hub based in Bury, Manchester, UK.
Goals: Educate & Onboard users in to Bitcoin. Lightning network⚡️
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 08:12:59 PM

This is great! I am currently considering various viable business options centered around Marking & BTM. I will be in the market for a site and I hope to work with y'all in the near future. Thank You for providing this service, as well as the competition.

No problem. Looking forward to creating some great partnerships. We will be offering custom packages viable for different types of businesses.

coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2014, 11:46:48 PM

Update

Simple BTM 'Value' API: http://bitmark.co/statistics/value

This is for end user usage, and for integration in to services which price goods in BTM. The price is currently displayed in BTC.

The value is calculated from:
 - 4 day average production cost, with mining cost samples taken from multiple sources (currently 5). We will add more sources as they become available.
 - 3 day weighted average market prices. Currently the only market is Poloniex, we will add more as they become available.

Data is updated every two hours automatically.

Thank you.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:27:43 AM

was about to post this one for you all, https://gist.github.com/gavinandresen/e20c3b5a1d4b97f79ac2 , it seems that MarkPfennig is already onto it.  Wink
WhatDisk

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 08:20:26 AM

Angry What happen
Xhash 2GH/S
hash-to-coins.com 2.3GH/S
Diff is 46 allways
and Network 1.6GH/S?
 ;)Tomorrow maybe can buy some cheap BTM
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 10:18:40 AM

Crypto Cloud Hosting

What about SSH access? What CC I can use for payments?
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 10:24:52 AM

Crypto Cloud Hosting

What about SSH access? What CC I can use for payments?

SSH and Git access.

Payments are made via BitMark only

neleonele

Activity: 392

member of GameCredits Dev team

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:43:02 PM

Angry What happen
Xhash 2GH/S
Diff is 46 allways
and Network 1.6GH/S?

Network: 3.46 GH/s

diff is still 46!!!!

should be 100???isnt it???

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 12:45:16 PM

Angry What happen
Xhash 2GH/S
Diff is 46 allways
and Network 1.6GH/S?
At Difficulty of 46 the Target Network hash rate is around 1.6 GH/s. The network re-targets every 18 hours if I am not mistaken. But you can find that on the wiki - https://github.com/project-bitmark/bitmark/wiki#block-maturity--difficulty-re-target-720-blocks-1-day

This is not the actual Network hash rate. Feel free to join us on the Bitmark IRC Chat http://webchat.freenode.net/?channels=bitmark, we will help you with any further questions you may have or simply hang out and read our current dialogues. Additionally, you may type a few commands at the Bitmark IRC Bot (that sammy built). To my knowledge, the BOT has provided accurate information in regards to the Network Hash Rate, Difficulty, and current BTM Price.

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 12:45:59 PM

diff is still 46!!!!

It changes soon at block 22320

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 01:56:13 PM

http://bitmarknews.com/2014/08/12/why-bitmark-will-be-important/

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:03:28 PM

Great article Este, Thank You

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
sammy007
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 02:05:44 PM
Last edit: August 12, 2014, 05:17:31 PM by sammy007

Guys, let's vote on hitbtc, it's very solid exchange with USD and EUR pairs. Will be good for this coin.
s11made

Activity: 110
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 03:01:30 PM

Please view the Bitmark Version3 Concept for full details.

I really like those buttons.  However I didn't get it at first sight. But now I do!
I immediately thought:
If Wikipedia had such a button, I would certainly donate few BTM.  Wiring them money is too much work, but a 1 click donation is awesome!

However I am wondering if this is safe to us. If clickjacking or similar stuff would be possible, that would be really bad.
How could you protect your funds ? In crypto there is no such thing as payback if coins are once sent?!

One more question to see if I get it:
If I want to use the button and pay with it, L'll have to create an account at getmarked.com.
Now I will fund my account with BTM.
If i visit a site that uses the marking system, I can use it. No further authentification needed. Just 1 click ?

A totally different thing:
What is the purpose of Pfennig ? Why would I need a BTM clone ? Those clone currencies can't be used to mark can they ?
batesresearch
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 03:16:20 PM

As some may notice my Competition post has been removed by Admin (Although I did contact Admin beforehand and confirm the competition was good to go ahead with).

It seems the post in Alternate cryptocurrencies (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=734667.msg8300406#msg8300406) is still live for now.

coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 04:07:31 PM

Please view the Bitmark Version3 Concept for full details.

I really like those buttons.  However I didn't get it at first sight. But now I do!
I immediately thought:
If Wikipedia had such a button, I would certainly donate few BTM.  Wiring them money is too much work, but a 1 click donation is awesome!

However I am wondering if this is safe to us. If clickjacking or similar stuff would be possible, that would be really bad.
How could you protect your funds ? In crypto there is no such thing as payback if coins are once sent?!

One more question to see if I get it:
If I want to use the button and pay with it, L'll have to create an account at getmarked.com.
Now I will fund my account with BTM.
If i visit a site that uses the marking system, I can use it. No further authentification needed. Just 1 click ?

A totally different thing:
What is the purpose of Pfennig ? Why would I need a BTM clone ? Those clone currencies can't be used to mark can they ?

Such excellent questions, Thank you.

I will presume you are familiar with services like Steam, where you deposit money to your account, and then trust them to handle transactions between users on their service? Consider Marking to take the same approach, everything is documented in detail on the wiki. Typically each service which fully integrates Marking will handle it's own users transactions, all via a provided API and application of course. The Bitmark Blockchain is the glue between integrations, where you can move your currency between services, or to your own personal storage, and back.

Outside of these services and communities which support marking, we have getmarked.org, it is also a service but more like reddit fused with an online wallet. It also features various marking buttons for usage anywhere on the web, they will work in functionality like facebook's 'like' button, where you have to be logged in to click it, or sign up if you do not have an account.

All of this is to dress our currency in ways which are familiar and easy to use. We do not aim to replace what exists, but rather work with what already exists, to add further usefulness and value.

There are many technical concerns and things to address as we develop, we hope that all those using it will join and bring others, to give feedback and ensure we get things right. Natural growth, the first integration will be our own community, we can scale from there.

Remember also it is a cryptographic currency compatible with things which support Bitcoin, that is a string to our bow also, anything that can accept or use Bitcoin, can also use Bitmark too, perhaps with a gentle tweak.

The purpose of Pfennig is to give something to the community, so many coins use old code bases with problems, this is a fresh code base for clones and alternatives to use, one which is tested and maintained.

Pfennig also helps us in the future, innovations can be integrated and proven on forks of pfennig, when ready pulled in to Bitmark. It's the glue between multiple development channels. Upstream it has Bitcoin and Bitmark, side ways Bitmark, and downwards any Alternatives which use it. The idea has also been suggested to have it default to merge mine Bitmark, that could be nice.

I hope that helps answer your initial questions, and welcome you to ask many more Smiley

s11made

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 05:31:27 PM

I hope that helps answer your initial questions, and welcome you to ask many more Smiley

Thanks for your reply. The Pfennig thing is clear and quite clever. If others implement new features that are good, BTM could use them aswell. Sort of a testing playground for BTM.

I have more questions.
I just read the wiki again, more carefully and it says
The marking system is by nature a massively scalable viral system in which all fair participants earn marks.
Bitcoin is quite limited in transactions per second (I read about 7 tps). If marking will be a thing, there will be many many transactions per second.
Many micro transactions. Won't this bloat the blockchain, since every marking event is one transaction that has to be processed.

--
Each user then has a store of all the things they have marked on getMarked.org.
So if you mark something it is tied to your user account.
Getmarked would know about all the stuff you like and custom ads could be easily tailored just for you...
This might be a lucrative side business.

If the marking is public then it is published on getMarked.org and the user becomes it's marker.
I have no problem with the things I mark appearing on getMerked. However I'd perfer if this wasn't tied to my user account.
You could imagine a feature like "See all stuff marked by s11made". Although this is quite a cool feature if you find people with similar interests, I wouldn't want that for my account.

--
I had a thought about the gift cards / key cards.

Think of selling keycards with private BTM keys that are dynamically filled with a given amount of BTM.
You pay 5$ and get a privat key that holds 5$ worth of BTM. (this might not work for plastic cards because the $ value is volatile, but for online cards)
You can enter the purchased key at getMarked and have 5$ worth of Marks.
(One issue - If someone found your key card, he could use the remaining funds that are held with the private key from the card.)
Since people are used to gift cards that are no longer valid after you once entered the key, it would be best if a auto-transaction to another account would be initiated after the key is entered on getMarked.
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 05:50:19 PM

I have more questions.
I just read the wiki again, more carefully and it says
The marking system is by nature a massively scalable viral system in which all fair participants earn marks.
Bitcoin is quite limited in transactions per second (I read about 7 tps). If marking will be a thing, there will be many many transactions per second.
Many micro transactions. Won't this bloat the blockchain, since every marking event is one transaction that has to be processed.

Not at all, every marking event is handled off chain by the integrations, instant, only transfers between services and for usual transactions are on chain, so it scales further.

In the future that gives scope for larger services to move to sidechain or similar technologies as they are developed. More on that here

Initially we may consider getmarked.org to provide one of the higher volume integrations, any optimisations made to it will be made to the opensource marking system all others use. When it migrates to side chain that too will be proven and available for other services to use too. Each thing naturally follows on from the other.

Each user then has a store of all the things they have marked on getMarked.org.
So if you mark something it is tied to your user account.
Getmarked would know about all the stuff you like and custom ads could be easily tailored just for you...
This might be a lucrative side business.

It could also replace adverts, as each mark given is a small amount of money / remuneration. The network effect is that everybody becomes a paid curator, and every markable resource has a revenue stream.

People simply create or offer things, if they are liked they are marked, each user who marks has their 'share' (marking) marked, and each mark on the the thing created pays for it's creation also.

Perhaps it's fair to say that it's monetized word of mouth.

If the marking is public then it is published on getMarked.org and the user becomes it's marker.
I have no problem with the things I mark appearing on getMerked. However I'd perfer if this wasn't tied to my user account.
You could imagine a feature like "See all stuff marked by s11made". Although this is quite a cool feature if you find people with similar interests, I wouldn't want that for my account.

Each marking can be public or private, and you can have multiple accounts. Privacy is a thing managed by each user and under your control Smiley

I had a thought on the gift cards. This might be a good idea.

Think of selling key cards with private BTM keys that are dynamically filled with a given amount of BTM.
You pay 5$ and get a privat key that holds 5$ worth of BTM. (this might not work for plastic cards because the $ value is volatile, but for online cards)
You can enter the purchased key at getMarked and have 5$ worth of Marks.
(One issue - If someone found your key card, he could use the remaining funds that are held with the private key from the card.)
Since people are used to gift cards that are no longer valid after you once entered the key, it would be best if a auto-transaction to another account would be initiated after the key is entered on getMarked.

Perfect. Each card would be global though, you could redeem the Marks on the card at any service which integrated Marking. An auto-sweep of the card is also a good idea, perhaps there are also ways to provide a pin number or 2FA so that they are reusable and reloadable.

I imagine at some point payment networks may be created, where they put physical card readers in physical stores and payments are handled by there (sidechain powered) service. That would be quite nice and foster competition, as you could swap your balances between any card provider, to any service, and out to your own blockchain addresses as you wish.

s11made

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 06:55:24 PM

...and you can have multiple accounts. ...

Word of mouth is worth much more if you know the people who recommend you something.
It's a difference if a friend recommends something or a complete stranger. I would trust 1 close friend more than 5000 strangers.

If it's easy to create multiple accounts, the problem I see here, is that one could create fake accounts to like its own content, only to get to the front page.
App developers are buying downloads and ratings, only to hit top 25 page. That's expensive. Here it is almost free. You mark your own content and get your own marks back.

Contend marked by true people (those having a facebook account with 50+ friends) would be better than content marked by someone with a one way trashmail address.
However I also don't like logging in to another platform with my facebook account...

Yet I hope this will be a success. Tipping and being tipped feels good. Hitting that button must become an addictive feeling. Wink
coinsolidation (OP)

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
August 12, 2014, 07:05:27 PM

...and you can have multiple accounts. ...

If it's easy to create multiple accounts, the problem I see here, is that one could create fake accounts to like its own content, only to get to the front page.
Yet I hope this will be a success. Tipping and being tipped feels good. Hitting that button must become an addictive feeling. Wink

This is a problem we have to address.

One proposed solution is to have community moderation. A 'spam' button which users can click, it costs a mark to click it, if enough reputable members hit a percentage target then the content is removed and the marks distributed to those doing the moderation. This could be applied to all moderation duties. We plan to try it all out with the community discourse at bitmark.co once it is ready.

The fun part will be creating and testing each thing. Quite democratic, with each action earning or staking reputation+money.

I agree with you, it should become an addictive feeling. Gamification Smiley

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: