Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:58:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 169 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Bitmark  (Read 622155 times)
emdje

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 07:27:09 AM

Than you just got marked dbkeys

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
tdokta

Activity: 159
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:18:11 AM

if anyone is looking to mine Bitmark, i suggest that they read the whole project from the start, but if its too long to read there are some good links in the OP. i was lucky enough to get into the Bitmark thread early on in development so was able to keep up with the stages that occurred as it progressed, giving an understanding of the system.

we are ready to commit more hashing speed to the coin, but also need others to commit the hashing speed to support a stable growth, rather than the jump in for half hour or so at a time that is now occurring on the difficulty shift.

in my opinion BTM would have greatly benefited from not being listed in coinwarz, the instant top of the list that the network received has been the biggest issue recently with mining, so now we get to a similar fate as other coins with farms jumping on to reap before exiting quickly.

having the slow shift of 720 blocks, the multipool hash rape and dump cant happen so to speak, as coins take a week or so to be released. we just have to sit it out until the liquidity is reached and other miners realise that it is beneficial to stick with the network, as with Bitcoin mining.

Este Nuno
Legendary

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000

amarha

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:48:09 AM

Does this coin even have a POD?
Doesn't seem legit
No POD = Red Flag

Disregarding the obvious work that's been done on the project so far which others have pointed out, is being a trustee/escrow of the ~5700 BTC superNET project enough "POD" for you?

Personally, I would be much more skeptical of any currency that feels the need to participate in a system such as "POD" rather than earning value and letting the development speak for itself. That doesn't mean all projects that have done "POD" are scams of course, but we all know how many shady projects also happen to proudly flaunt their "POD" status.
superresistant
Legendary

Activity: 2128
Merit: 1120

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:26:29 AM

Today I've got some penises while chatting at poloniex.

Still don't know what penis is for but I'm happy anyway.
Janered

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 11:45:17 AM

Can I use a bitcoin-asic (scrypt) on usb for mining this coin because I only have a notebook with a basic videocard.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:48:42 PM

Today I've got some penises while chatting at poloniex.

Still don't know what penis is for but I'm happy anyway.

I'm amarha btw Tongue

You realize that you have a place in Bitmark history now, right? You'll be forever known as the man who sees penises in unlikely places. Cheesy Tongue
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 01:49:33 PM

Can I use a bitcoin-asic (scrypt) on usb for mining this coin because I only have a notebook with a basic videocard.

If it's a scrypt ASIC then yes, you should be able to mine with it. Smiley

We definitely welcome all miners! Welcome! Smiley
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 01:50:47 PM

If it's a scrypt ASIC then yes, you should be able to mine with it. Smiley

We definitely welcome all miners! Welcome! Smiley

Some sha256 miners can also be used to mine scrypt at a lower hashrate, any mining hardware which can calculate the scrypt PoW can be used on Bitmark.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
Thomas-s

Activity: 1274
Merit: 500

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:22:49 PM

lol!
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=807835.0

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET ▬▬▬▬

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
coinsolidation (OP)

Activity: 294

Bitmark Developer

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:50:20 PM

It may prove useful, or may not - my gut feeling is it's a pump and dump, they have not spoken to us in any capacity as far as I know.

I'd like to confirm that markings are anonymous, pseudonymous, or identified giving complete choice to the users of the system anyway. So "Anonymous Marking" is limiting rather than enabling.

Further, hopefully they know that marking is a new unreleased protocol, any changes to a daemon do not affect marking which resides at a layer above, on the web.

Bitmark (reputation+money) : Bitmark v0.9.4 (release)
D.R.O.I

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:56:07 PM

Is there a "good" multipool where I can mine X11/X13 and get Bitmark as Payout?

By "good" I mean better or at least competitive with NiceHash/Multipool/Waffle...

Thanks in advance.
dannygroove

Activity: 306

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 04:59:37 PM

Is there a "good" multipool where I can mine X11/X13 and get Bitmark as Payout?

By "good" I mean better or at least competitive with NiceHash/Multipool/Waffle...

Thanks in advance.

The only one I know of are the guys at simplemulti.com. They are very professional.
D.R.O.I

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 05:07:10 PM

The only one I know of are the guys at simplemulti.com. They are very professional.

Thank You dannygroove I will check them out.
Este Nuno
Legendary

amarha

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 07:44:04 PM

Dear Bitmarkers,

Bitmark (BTM) will be available to trade from tomorrow afternoon Friday 3rd, maybe even around noon time Danish time Smiley

Great. Sounds like you're running a tight operation over there. Good to see. Smiley
82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 03:25:11 AM

ronnyb,

Glad to see BTM / Fiat pairs...very exiting!

I will be sure to check out CCEDK over the weekend.

Question: I live in the US, which is the preferred method of depositing Fiat? Thanks

Note: I have emailed you a Slack invite...This should provide a quick & easy way to communicate with the Bitmark Team, if any issue should arise.

Cheers,
Medic

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
leathan

Activity: 111
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 06:57:09 AM

ronnyb,

Glad to see BTM / Fiat pairs...very exiting!

I will be sure to check out CCEDK over the weekend.

Question: I live in the US, which is the preferred method of depositing Fiat? Thanks

Note: I have emailed you a Slack invite...This should provide a quick & easy way to communicate with the Bitmark Team, if any issue should arise.

Cheers,
Medic

I too am very interested in the best method for depositing fiat. I am in the USA atm, but hope to live in Argentina again someday.

count=($(grep -d recurse -Hn "wallet\.dat" / | cut -d":" -f1 | uniq -c |xargs echo | grep -oh -P '(\d+) ')); sum=0; for i in ${count[*]}; do sum=$(($sum+$i)); done; echo $sum; #  soo much crypto?
Androidicus

Activity: 339

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 08:33:30 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2014, 08:52:20 AM by Androidicus

@johndec2 Thank you - yours and @melvster's responses are an intelligent appraisal of the current yo-yo mining effect. Furthermore, your method for collecting a greater quantity of BTM than straight mining is also a perfectly pragmatic approach, for your desired outcome and not for me to criticise.

However, my simple outlook is that if all miners adopted the same approach, the yo-yo effect would be even worse. It is the consistent miners, like myself, who confirm the currency at high difficulties that you have mined at low difficulty and support the network whilst other miners switch to more easily obtained currencies and perhaps trade them to BTM.

So yes, my dedication to this project is without doubt. Of course, I have electricity costs to meet but that this and my time spent working on projects that aim to adopt the wider features of the project are my investment. Moreover, it is my perception of the project's long term value and worth (on which @melvster comments) that underpins this investment.

With respect  Smiley

Edit: Your question regarding the IPM may not have been answered - I cannot but @coinsolidation or others may be able to update you on this subject.

Androidicus. I admire your dedication to the coin through thick and thin but this "feast and famine" cycle is wearing a bit thin.  It's looking like the current round may last up to 10 days, followed by 6 hours of insanity, rinse and repeat.  Like you, I'm hoping that it will eventually equalise but we shall see.

The general theory around here is mine at all diffs and you will be rewarded.  Umm, sorry but that is not true.  If I was mining BTM at the current diff I would be getting around 20 BTM per day.  What I am doing is mining another coin, selling it and buying BTM. That is getting me up to 40 BTM per day plus helping support the price.  Judging by the nethash, I'm not the only one that has figured that out.

In a way, I'm doing myself and other bag holders a favour. By NOT mining the coin I'm making it scarcer and therefore more valuable.  What happened to the IPM scheme that was supposed to avoid this situation?

Yup good analysis.

It's swings and roundabouts really.  Mining BTM has the advantage of securing the net, faster confirms.  If you want to actively play the market you can arguably make an increased return during certain periods (what warren buffett calls cigar butt investing), but, imho, it's relatively small sums compared with the long-term project ambitions, as the free float is still small (under 5%) and about only 1% of people that could know about BTM do.  Similarly scarcity will act as a deflationary influence.  

But there's another aspect from the mine/trade paradigm and that's growing adoption from the web.  The poloniex rollout has been quite eye opening, there has been a hive of activity, and if this leads to more engagement and businesses to gain a significant competitive advantage, then this ought to become another driving force.  As a developer my hope is that adoption will lead, and the price follow.

Failure is success waiting to happen...
tdokta

Activity: 159

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 09:28:17 AM

@johndec2 Thank you - yours and @melvster's responses are an intelligent appraisal of the current yo-yo mining effect. Furthermore, your method for collecting a greater quantity of BTM than straight mining is also a perfectly pragmatic approach, for your desired outcome and not for me to criticise.

However, my simple outlook is that if all miners adopted the same approach, the yo-yo effect would be even worse. It is the consistent miners, like myself, who confirm the currency at high difficulties that you have mined at low difficulty and support the network whilst other miners switch to more easily obtained currencies and perhaps trade them to BTM.

So yes, my dedication to this project is without doubt. Of course, I have electricity costs to meet but that this and my time spent working on projects that aim to adopt the wider features of the project are my investment. Moreover, it is my perception of the project's long term value and worth (on which @melvster comments) that underpins this investment.

With respect  Smiley

Edit: Your question regarding the IPM may not have been answered - I cannot but @coinsolidation or others may be able to update you on this subject.

Androidicus. I admire your dedication to the coin through thick and thin but this "feast and famine" cycle is wearing a bit thin.  It's looking like the current round may last up to 10 days, followed by 6 hours of insanity, rinse and repeat.  Like you, I'm hoping that it will eventually equalise but we shall see.

The general theory around here is mine at all diffs and you will be rewarded.  Umm, sorry but that is not true.  If I was mining BTM at the current diff I would be getting around 20 BTM per day.  What I am doing is mining another coin, selling it and buying BTM. That is getting me up to 40 BTM per day plus helping support the price.  Judging by the nethash, I'm not the only one that has figured that out.

In a way, I'm doing myself and other bag holders a favour. By NOT mining the coin I'm making it scarcer and therefore more valuable.  What happened to the IPM scheme that was supposed to avoid this situation?

Yup good analysis.

It's swings and roundabouts really.  Mining BTM has the advantage of securing the net, faster confirms.  If you want to actively play the market you can arguably make an increased return during certain periods (what warren buffett calls cigar butt investing), but, imho, it's relatively small sums compared with the long-term project ambitions, as the free float is still small (under 5%) and about only 1% of people that could know about BTM do.  Similarly scarcity will act as a deflationary influence.  

But there's another aspect from the mine/trade paradigm and that's growing adoption from the web.  The poloniex rollout has been quite eye opening, there has been a hive of activity, and if this leads to more engagement and businesses to gain a significant competitive advantage, then this ought to become another driving force.  As a developer my hope is that adoption will lead, and the price follow.

agreement with this quotation, as we see the release of payments over time, difficulty not matters so much, would be nice to have a consistent 50ghash to keep the 1953 flowing a little quicker over the 7ish days that it takes to change ... all in good time
johndec2

Activity: 350

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 11:44:54 AM

Hi Andronicus.  After I made that post, I had a bit of a think about it and realised I was probably helping myself more than the coin and other miners (as you rightly mention).  So, I've now parked my miners on BTM for better or worse Smiley  You can see me on xhash as ben96c - it's a long story why I mine under that name!!

82ndabnmedic

Activity: 247

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 12:28:03 PM

Hi Andronicus.  After I made that post, I had a bit of a think about it and realised I was probably helping myself more than the coin and other miners (as you rightly mention).  So, I've now parked my miners on BTM for better or worse Smiley  You can see me on xhash as ben96c - it's a long story why I mine under that name!!

Thank you for choosing to support the network and earn BTM at all difficulty levels, cheers!

CISSP | PMP | CEH

Bitmark: Project Manager & PR Coordinator

BTC: 1FEi8MSP3ccoqLah8EcxfGZVHUViEmQfvQ

BTM: bNidDXnRu5fuD8Th7cPFh7jnPdyAhMh7Nr
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 ... 169 »
  Print  

Jump to: