Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:14:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you selling your WAS or buying more?
Buying, to participate in stake. - 4 (10.3%)
Selling, to cash in from v1. - 10 (25.6%)
Holding, to collect more WAS! - 25 (64.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com  (Read 42558 times)
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 01:59:04 PM

What is the difference between crypt and voot? They are both X11 and POS. Sorry I do not know anything about those coins.

They are very similar. Crypt seems to be better managed though.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 07:44:53 PM

I'm going to end the vote at 8pm EST (midnight GMT).
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 30, 2014, 07:47:04 PM

Nice- I think we already have the general consensus.  Cheesy

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 10:27:14 PM

Nice- I think we already have the general consensus.  Cheesy

Yes, it looks like X11 by 5 to 2.  We'll have to see if anything changes in the next 90 minutes!

For the PoS, unless someone pushes back or has concerns, at midnight GMT we'll also use Brian's suggestion for the PoS interest.  No one else has pushed back or suggested alternatives so far.
dogecoinshop

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

We are teaching bizs about Crypto daily. #askastor

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2014, 11:15:19 PM

i need some paper wallts any generators up yet? thanks

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:10:40 AM

i need some paper wallts any generators up yet? thanks

I'll work on this once the new client is done.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 12:13:19 AM

Alright, I've locked the poll.  Here is where we stand.

- 40 Million v2 WAS for a 1 / 1000 v1 coin swap.
- Continue with 30 second block targets.
- Block reward would be reduced by 1 / 1000, for 25 v2 WAS halving every 200k blocks until reaching a 1 v2 WAS maintenance reward.
- A hybrid X11 PoW / PoS algo
- 2% development pre-mine

PoS interest schedule:

1. 5% interest each month for the first 3 months
2. 1% per month for the rest of the year
3. 3% annually

5 days stake. Maximum 30 days.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 12:55:07 AM

Great news maybe we can bring this coin back.
glassgoose45

Activity: 63

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 02:03:07 AM

Why did you rewrite the code? I am a big holder of the REAL #WAS and I am not happy you have taken over MrBrew's coin and made all old coins worthless.  Its clearly all part of a scheme to make a buck off people who believe in your fake WAS takeover.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:32:18 AM

Why did you rewrite the code? I am a big holder of the REAL #WAS and I am not happy you have taken over MrBrew's coin and made all old coins worthless.  Its clearly all part of a scheme to make a buck off people who believe in your fake WAS takeover.

This could not be further from the truth.  You have clearly not read the entire thread, or been involved in this community for some time.  You should refrain from spouting off such accusations without taking the time to fully understand the scenario.

1.  40 billion coins have saturated the marketplace, making the original coin practically "un-sellable" on a WAS / BTC market.

2.  The coin swap will maintain the same distribution of wealth that is currently in place.  The only change is that your v2 WAS will be worth 1000 times more than your v1 WAS.  Probably worth more, because of the PoS encouraging traders to hold their coins instead of dumping.

3.  The community reached out to our group...  We contacted MrBrew, and he supports these changes, turned the coin over to us in an orderly fashion, and is still involved on a more limited basis.  This is not a "take over" in the way that you imply.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 02:43:15 AM

so what happens to the WAS that I already have? Does it become unusable? Is there going to be something in place to allow me to trade my current WAS for new WAS of equal value? Because if not that is just wrong.

Your v1 WAS will be traded in via a coin swap for 1 / 1000 v2 WAS.  This will decrease the total WAS in circulation by 1 / 1000, therefore rising the price of a single coin by about 1000 times.  Which will hopefully place us back in the WAS / BTC market.

You will hold the same "piece of the pie" that you previously did, because every member of the user base will be getting 1 / 1000.  This won't affect individual traders, it is to strengthen the infrastructure and attractiveness of the coin.

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:09:46 AM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 03:45:08 AM by AmericanComputerNerd

Why did you rewrite the code? I am a big holder of the REAL #WAS and I am not happy you have taken over MrBrew's coin and made all old coins worthless.  Its clearly all part of a scheme to make a buck off people who believe in your fake WAS takeover.

After doing some research, it would appear that glassgoose45 previously ran the "WeAreSatoshi Foundation", an organization claiming to be a "registered nonprofit organization". http://wasfoundation.us/

I would like to be clear that the WAS Foundation is not affiliated with the new developers of the coin.  I would also caution anyone doing business with this organization to verify the authenticity of the claim that they are a "registered nonprofit organization" and ask for transparency in where donations are being spent.  
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:56:00 AM

After doing some research, it would appear that glassgoose45 previously ran the "WeAreSatoshi Foundation", an organization claiming to be a "registered nonprofit organization". http://wasfoundation.us/

I would like to be clear that the WAS Foundation is not affiliated with the new developers of the coin.  I would also caution anyone doing business with this organization to verify the authenticity of the claim that they are a "registered nonprofit organization" and ask for transparency in where donations are being spent.  

Yea it was a little surprising that someone could try and defend the old WAS. You could not buy or sell it before you guys took over.
glassgoose45

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:09:40 AM

Look at you, now you're the one making accusations.  So hypocritical.  I helped with the original WAS, and I will have absolutely no faith that you are telling the truth until I hear it from MrBrew himself.  Why should we trust that a 1/1000 trade will be given to all holders, and that a special few won't get a better deal?  And why should we trust the new coin is not premined?
glassgoose45

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 07:19:33 AM

Yea it was a little surprising that someone could try and defend the old WAS. You could not buy or sell it before you guys took over.

That's the whole point!  It was engineered specifically to be like that for the first few months.  It's hilarious they are using BTC trading difficulty as an excuse to take over a coin.  It was trading fine on LTC and DOGE.  And mBTC is always an option.  But nope, let's tear down the coin before it even fully finishes its lifecycle, instead of just creating a new coin, let's invalidate all the hash work done and put it in the hands of a new person.  Because people are impatient and greedy.  Why couldn't you just leave this coin alone?
lostmojo

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 08:36:04 AM

I have some of these (been mining since launch) and dont appreciate somone coming in to do one of these "swap" scams, which is just a way to gain shitloads of free coins, as its unlikely everysingle WAS would be swapped.

The logic doesnt make sense, reducing everyones coins by 1000 times, the value would have to increase 1000x, for it to be worth the same as it is now, and that obviously wont happen.

The coin is designed with high numbers and traded with LTC & Doge, and mined with asics.

Why does somone think they can change it?

Miley Cyrus Coin: LaB1XqDS65DhXdyWgsamPR8xUBtzSh9Jw5
hashy

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:36:35 PM

reducing the money supply would be one thing  but to change the whole coin up is bull shit guys....    are you that lame of a developer you have to just clone another coin???   WAS  needs services, places to spend/use  WAS    There is no need for all this algo changing crap    and  anyway  why don't ya come up with something NEW/Original for the client  not just  " lets make it like this one cause it's easy" .....  lmfao   oh yeah and as i said before  /1000 is to freaking much 
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 01:40:45 PM

Hey now, let's take a deep breath and go through the entire thread before scream scam. Here's some recap from my point of view:

The current WAS issues:

a. No active development and no innovation: WAS has one single wallet released since its release and in need of newer security patch and updated features.
b. No reliable working pool: I've been mining WAS for months and we were down to 2 semi reliable working pools which sometimes go down for days if difficultly drops below 900. One pool xguild.net stole million coins from me. (You just can't have 5 billion WAS by running a pool http://goo.gl/n81orR)
c. No exchange, no value and no demand: There's no exchange for WAS since most of them went under and there was no buyer when we got on rockytrade.net. People just don't buy WAS at 1 sat knowing there are billions of them out there. There are no Doge and LTC market and there's no point of holding onto billion of worthless coins.
d. No recognition and no social activities: Don't need to say much here. Last social post was back in April.

The Revival Team member aren't newbies. If you do a little digging, you'll know who they are and I have high respect for what they've accomplished and truly believe that they will breath new life into WAS.
hashy

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:47:41 PM

That's Fine And Dandy  SO Why Don't They Do What Is Needed Not What "They" Want To Do To The Coin...    and  a poll for a day or so  is not a general consensus.....      Come on now people   Huh

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 01:49:29 PM

I will not respond to any further accusations of scams, take overs, or the like...  It is simply not true, or based on facts...  As I mentioned previously, the community reached out to us, and MrBrew (and the active community) supports the transition.  I'm not sure where this group against it has come from, you were not active up until this point...

All of the decisions leading up to this point have been transparent and discussed on the forums, in plain sight.  Anyone who takes the time to read through everything would see that.

We are forking the coin to the spec's previously agreed upon.  The work is already well underway.  If there is a portion of the community that does not want to participate you are welcome to not "accept" the fork, and not trade in your WAS to v2 WAS.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: