Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 07:06:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you selling your WAS or buying more?
Buying, to participate in stake. - 4 (10.3%)
Selling, to cash in from v1. - 10 (25.6%)
Holding, to collect more WAS! - 25 (64.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com  (Read 42558 times)
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 09:49:47 PM

I think my point may have been missed in this back and forth about donating to the charity fund.  By all means, please feel free to shoot coins to that address...  As it grows, we'll be enabled to do more...

However, for now, I'd simply like to unite us as a group and determine what WeAreSatoshi should do with the charity fund.  Let's have some dialogue about how to turn the WAS into real money, or a way to help humanity.

What are the thoughts on Doctors Without Borders?  Does anyone else think there is a more appropriate foundation or cause out there?

What are the thoughts on how to turn the WAS charity fund in to BTC?  I don't want to dump it on an exchange...  That would be bad for the coin...  I think a charity auction sounds like a viable idea.  Maybe spread them out and do 10k WAS at a time???

I'd like to have some meaningful dialogue on what and how to accomplish this.  At the end of the day, I could do it all...  But that wouldn't be working for the communities agenda.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
garmin

Activity: 550
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:50:59 PM

I love the graphics, lol.  It would be nice to help a good cause.  This isn't supposed to be a pump and dump coin, or a get rich quick coin, it's the coin that honors Satoshi by promoting a culture of giving and goodwill.

Well for starters the community should Pull the 50 BTC in sell orders... That's not helping the price at all!
Didn't anyone learn anything from WAS V1? DUH!
Secondly donations will reduce the the amount of coins in circulation and add value for an ICO or Raffle or something.
But looking at the rich-list and seeing 6 million plus or 17% at the top of the list might imply the possibility for a large dump
and that does not honor Satoshi by promoting a culture of giving and goodwill, only greed. The puzzle needs to be rearranged
to make sense and then it may be able to be used for good. The way the stage is set now I see any efforts to use WAS for charity
could be trashed by a dump from above by the greedy. aprox 40% of WAS is held by 25 addy's http://explore.was.club/wealthiest.php

JMHO
garmin

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:46:38 PM
Last edit: August 02, 2014, 11:19:59 PM by garmin

Just an Idea...

Stop the POW now. Allocate the remainder minus the POS amount to the Donation fund. Take control of the largest pie slice/%
The donation pool should be at the top of the rich-list.
If those coins are held and a donation drive takes more coins out of circulation and increases the Held Donation pool, and then if the
community pulls the sell orders the price will rise. Or add a multipool to buy up all the rich-list greedy float without a true POW from the coin itself.
With such large chunks of WAS being held by the rich-list I feel any serious upward movement will be dumped on by whales until that float dry's up
or the coin dies a stagnant death again @ 1sat.

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2014, 11:52:31 PM

Just an Idea...

Stop the POW now. Allocate the remainder minus the POS amount to the Donation fund. Take control of the largest pie slice/%
If those coins are held and a donation drive takes more coins out of circulation and increases the Held Donation pool, and then if the
community pulls the sell orders the price will rise. Or add a multipool to buy up all the rich-list greedy float without a true POW from the coin itself.
With such large chunks of WAS being held by the rich-list I feel any serious upward movement will be dumped on by whales until that float dry's up

I just checked all of the coin swap stats, and only about 55% of V1 has swapped out for V2 coins...  Those larger addresses may be the coin swap wallets.    According to my math, we should have about 15 million in un-redeemed coin swap funds.

So, it would appear that only about 20 million v2 WAS is actually in circulation at the moment.
garmin

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:02:06 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 12:43:50 AM by garmin

Just an Idea...

I just checked all of the coin swap stats, and only about 55% of V1 has swapped out for V2 coins...  Those larger addresses may be the coin swap wallets.    According to my math, we should have about 15 million in un-redeemed coin swap funds.

So, it would appear that only about 20 million v2 WAS is actually in circulation at the moment.

Perfect... If you stop the POW and Re allocate the remainder to Something like a WAS foundation for humanity fund, and implement a multipool
with smaller payouts per virtual block the price should start to rise. Ideally the WAS fund would be large enough to produce enough POS
to fund a rotating or semi static Charity pool with increasing charity payment size as rarity increases. Instead of a 1 time 6 dollar donation to something.  Cheesy

Unfortunately even with the 1000/1 reverse split there is still to much WAS flooding the exchange to gain much value. Looks like it's headed to the same place as V1 with everything for sale at 1 sat with no buyers. Like you said need some brainstorming and collaboration from the community.
Try to make WAS like a little cash pump for charity, with increasing output... Same as scammers do, but for charity.. LOL

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 03:44:39 AM

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but since these posts have started going back and forth our hash rate has dropped off significantly and some of our buy orders have been dropped on c-cex.

I would like to assure everyone that my intention here is to get feedback on how to march forward with our charity initiative.  Any significant changes of the coin format would require a hard fork and would require much more than a single community member's suggestion.

If the timing is not right for the charity initiative, I can wait for a better time.  I thought it would be good to begin delivering on some of our commitments regarding goodwill, though.  What Garmin suggests about ending PoW and converting to PoS will happen in due time, as the coin is programmed today.  The opinions stated are his own, based on his analysis of the market conditions.  They are not necessarily fact, it's mostly speculation.

So, let me ask this question point blank...  Is anyone opposed to us supporting Doctors Without Borders or feels that another charitable program is more appropriate?

We'll find a way (or discuss later) how to convert and / or use the WAS to generate BTC for the charity.
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:21:11 AM

Not sure if it's coincidence or not, but since these posts have started going back and forth our hash rate has dropped off significantly and some of our buy orders have been dropped on c-cex.

I would like to assure everyone that my intention here is to get feedback on how to march forward with our charity initiative.  Any significant changes of the coin format would require a hard fork and would require much more than a single community member's suggestion.

If the timing is not right for the charity initiative, I can wait for a better time.  I thought it would be good to begin delivering on some of our commitments regarding goodwill, though.  What Garmin suggests about ending PoW and converting to PoS will happen in due time, as the coin is programmed today.  The opinions stated are his own, based on his analysis of the market conditions.  They are not necessarily fact, it's mostly speculation.

So, let me ask this question point blank...  Is anyone opposed to us supporting Doctors Without Borders or feels that another charitable program is more appropriate?

We'll find a way (or discuss later) how to convert and / or use the WAS to generate BTC for the charity.

I think the doctors would be a good charity. I also think we are hurting the chance of a descent price with what has been said today. Most serious investors buy coins to make money. When you make it sound like this coin will be 100% about donations a lot of people will bail. We can donate in cash or any other form of crypto so most will want to see ROI with this coin along with donating.

To comment about garmin saying WAS is no BTC. Do you have a crystal ball. If so can you tell this weeks lotto numbers? If not you can not say for sure this will not be like BTC. Now I do not believe it will get anywhere close I was pointing out that current price does not mean the coin will be worthless in the future.
garmin

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 04:39:23 AM

I was trying to help. Do what ever you want... Enjoy the 3 dollar donation.

At least I don't have to sync the wallet anymore.. LOL

Hasta la vista
lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 07:17:04 AM

Have not see youtube promotion yet ?

I though it will come out Aug 1st ?

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
copychicken

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:51:04 AM

Have not see youtube promotion yet ?

I though it will come out Aug 1st ?

sorry thats me... i got late with the pool, and missed the video Sad

we are back on bussiness though, and now i can make the promo at last....

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:26:36 AM

pow end?

my wallet can't sync

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:15:25 PM

pow end?

my wallet can't sync

No, but MrData has updated the client with additional checkpoints and some tweaks that will improve performance.  This is not a hard fork or mandatory upgrade, but should fix any issues with syncing / etc...

https://github.com/WeAreSatoshi/WeAreSatoshi-Binaries/blob/master/WeAreSatoshi-2.0.1.0-Setup.exe?raw=true

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

I'm going to put the charity stuff on the back burner for the time being.  We're not ready as a community to tackle this, and the last thing I want to do is hurt the coin's economy by pushing it...

I'll revisit in the future and instead of coming to the forum with an open slate, I'll present a full plan for discussion.

To be clear, this coin's sole purpose is not for donations / giving.  It is intended to be a fully functional Altcoin, traded on exchanges / accepted for payment / and respected within the community.  At the same time, we would like to promote a culture of giving and goodwill by coming together to help humanity.

More to come in the future on this...  Let's continue to focus on the basics.
mine2slow

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 02:13:40 PM

Just an Idea...

I just checked all of the coin swap stats, and only about 55% of V1 has swapped out for V2 coins...  Those larger addresses may be the coin swap wallets.    According to my math, we should have about 15 million in un-redeemed coin swap funds.

look again number one is mining not swap wallet http://explore.was.club/address.php?chain=2&addr=wiZ3v3T2wRYCnzPkEgN7Nc9oddmEi7m4tm

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 02:38:04 PM

That's better, in my opinion...  Garmin's concern was that one person controlled all of those funds.  If it's a pool, it's a group of people that just hasn't withdrawn yet.

In either case, aside from the risk that one bag holder could dump the market, it doesn't make a difference...  You'd have to also ask yourself, why would a substantial bag holder crash the market?  They'd lose their investment in the process.

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 04:39:42 PM

The pool at mine.was.club was attacked and the payout system was breached.  I'm trying to figure out exactly what happened, and how to move forward...  More to come...

The attack didn't result in stolen coins, but rather a "Denial of Service" type of attack.  Somehow, the auto payments were targeted and a series of what appear to be random payments were distributed to pool members until MPOS froze because of the wallet being exhausted.

I believe this was isolated to my pool.  I would suggest redirecting your hash power to other pools on the OP, as I'll be down for at least a few days while I sort this out.  SuperNova has never had issues, and is probably the best choice at this point.
copychicken

Activity: 784

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:04:21 PM

i am having problems again... it was working almost 8 hours and then errors...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

cuke

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:36:47 PM

Any decision on the charity yet? If we go with Doctors without borders and use a repeating pos donation, I'll donate 50% of my till. I'm on the rich list.
fonzerrellie
Legendary

Activity: 1190

Kaspa

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:37:05 PM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 03:19:00 AM by fonzerrellie

Yup supernova is working good Cheesy

EDIT: the doctors without borders sounds like it would do a lot of good

#Expanse $EXP 500 transactions 4 .1 EXP 1st Clone of ETH 
WAVES
cuke

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 11:56:47 PM

We need an official WAS donation address on the WAS website.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: