Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:49:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you selling your WAS or buying more?
Buying, to participate in stake. - 4 (10.3%)
Selling, to cash in from v1. - 10 (25.6%)
Holding, to collect more WAS! - 25 (64.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com  (Read 42558 times)
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:44:03 PM

Love the nice icon MrData- First staking is even better Grin

Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 06:55:17 PM

Love the nice icon MrData- First staking is even better Grin

Just tweeted about our first reported staking!  RT if you can!
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 07:23:45 PM

We're also up to 15,902,256,477 WAS v1 exchanged now. ~48.3% complete.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 10:05:22 PM

We're also up to 15,902,256,477 WAS v1 exchanged now. ~48.3% complete.

Just tweeted this stat, as well!  Almost at 50%!!!

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:55:41 AM

Update on Paper Wallet -

I've had some challenges getting a paper wallet generator up and running.  I can generate addresses which the client recognizes, but the associated private keys fail when trying to import to the client.  I think it is because the script I am using is written for base64 encoding, and our coin is in base58...

In either case, I've done some research online and have found what looks like a cool service.  WalletGenerator.net is a service that has launched with the goal of including as many alt coins as possible.  I've reached out to them for inclusion on their site.  More to come as it develops...

Check out the site - http://walletgenerator.net/
adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:24:49 AM

v1 can still mine??

BillTech

Activity: 296

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 08:30:20 AM

just listed at c-cex

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 08:54:32 AM

v1 can still mine??

V1 can be mined for a Block Reward of 0 coins, if you are using the coin swap fork version (8.99.9).  This client doesn't recognize prior versions data after block 517200.  Mining on this chain helps to keep the coin exchange running, but is not necessary.  It will eventually be end-of-lifed and abandoned when the coin swap is completed.

If the client was never upgraded (v 0.8.99.8 or earlier), you can continue to mine on the old WAS v1 chain.  However, any coins after block 517,200 won't be recognized by v2 or the coin swap.  So, you'd be basically mining a dead coin with no development plans or support.

I don't understand the attachment people have to v1...  Things are going well, and if they coin swap, they hold the same value as before...  They even get interest through PoS staking to further increase their holdings.  v2 is designed to fix flaws in the coin that were hurting it's value; PoS added to provide an incentive to not mine and dump, X11 algo allows for essentially anyone to mine, and the coin reduction ensures the coin is traded for BTC instead of another Altcoin.

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:17:25 AM

More exciting news!  c-cex.com has added us to their exchange overnight!!!  This is great news!  Their exchange offers more exposure, trades in WAS / BTC, USD, or Any Listed Altcoin...  They also have built-in merchant features, allowing WAS to be accepted as payment for goods and services.

Check out their exchanges, and please if you are following on Twitter RT the news!

BTC Market - https://c-cex.com/?p=was-btc
USD Market - https://c-cex.com/?p=was-usd

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 09:25:48 AM

Updated the OP with a note about mining after block 517,200 and with C-Cex.com information.
4w4k3ning

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 10:04:53 AM

where can i trade the  WAS v1 for v2??
dimke_yu

Activity: 461

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 11:36:32 AM

You have directions on was.club

sdersdf2

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 12:41:20 PM

question from this noob to others who've been closely following this coin:

could anyone summarise what's special about it?
have the devs lived up to their promises?

Any hidden problems -
premines?
instamines?
well distributed? is there a rich list?
buggy code?
are these are hard core programmers, not "copy-paste" devs or middlemen? When bugs/fork challenge popped up, were they fixed quickly?
dev squabbles?
dev complacency?
missed deadlines?

Anything to worry about?

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 01:17:38 PM

Any hidden problems -
premines?
instamines?
buggy code?
are these are hard core programmers, not "copy-paste" devs or middlemen? When bugs/fork challenge popped up, were they fixed quickly?
dev squabbles?
dev complacency?
missed deadlines?

Anything to worry about?

I am one of the dev's, so take my answers with a grain of salt since some of them are about me.  I encourage our community to answer candidly.

What's special - This coin was launched to pay homage to Satoshi Nakamoto, and promote kindness / giving / support of charitable causes within the crypto community.  Most of this is a culture, and MrBrew (original dev) laid the groundwork.  Our goal, as the coin revival team, is to stay true to his original intentions.

Dev's Lived Up To It - I think so, but encourage the community to answer.

Pre-Mine - We did a 2% pre-mine for development costs, bounties, etc...  This puts us in a much better position to support the coin and / or bring in experts using bounties to develop needed enhancements and environmental components.

Insta-Mine - No, everything has been very smooth with the v2 launch.

Well distributed, Rich List - Yes, you can look at the rich list at http://explore.was.club/

Buggy Code - v2 has not had any issues, to date.

Dev Background - MrData, who does the clients, has ~15 years experience in c/c++ programming.  As well as knowledge in php and mySQL.  He was one of the co-founders of coinpayments.net, as well.  You can see what he is up to at http://www.crypto2.net/

I do most of the PR / Web / and Mining Pool stuff.  I work in IT Project Management and am an crypto enthusiast.  My website is http://www.americancomputernerd.com/

Deadlines - We've stayed true to any published timelines.

Anything Else? - The only two issues that we have had to date is 1) there are some folks who would rather have kept the algo as SHA256, and they don't support the v2 transition.  It is worth noting that the majority of the community does support the v2 switch.  2) After the fork of the v1 network, that block chain was attacked.  However, MrData was able to publish revisions to the source code to resolve the problem within hours.  The coin swap was not impacted, and has continued to function flawlessly (~50% swapped as of yesterday).
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:33:36 PM

just listed at c-cex

Yayy- First large exchange ever for WAS!!!  Cool
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:42:08 PM

where can i trade the  WAS v1 for v2??
You have directions on was.club

Can you please update OP to include the link to the swap and the deadline to do so? Most people scan OP for the info first and post question before going to another site.
caspar

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:54:03 PM

You update the wallet, changing the algorithm.
My old coin in?
Is gone? Huh
sdersdf2

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:54:27 PM

Any hidden problems -
premines?
instamines?
buggy code?
dev squabbles?
dev complacency?
missed deadlines?

Anything to worry about?

I am one of the dev's, so take my answers with a grain of salt since some of them are about me.  I encourage our community to answer candidly.

What's special - This coin was launched to pay homage to Satoshi Nakamoto, and promote kindness / giving / support of charitable causes within the crypto community.  Most of this is a culture, and MrBrew (original dev) laid the groundwork.  Our goal, as the coin revival team, is to stay true to his original intentions.

Dev's Lived Up To It - I think so, but encourage the community to answer.

Pre-Mine - We did a 2% pre-mine for development costs, bounties, etc...  This puts us in a much better position to support the coin and / or bring in experts using bounties to develop needed enhancements and environmental components.

Insta-Mine - No, everything has been very smooth with the v2 launch.

Well distributed, Rich List - Yes, you can look at the rich list at http://explore.was.club/

Buggy Code - v2 has not had any issues, to date.

Dev Background - MrData, who does the clients, has ~15 years experience in c/c++ programming.  As well as knowledge in php and mySQL.  He was one of the co-founders of coinpayments.net, as well.  You can see what he is up to at http://www.crypto2.net/

I do most of the PR / Web / and Mining Pool stuff.  I work in IT Project Management and am an crypto enthusiast.  My website is http://www.americancomputernerd.com/

Deadlines - We've stayed true to any published timelines.

Anything Else? - The only two issues that we have had to date is 1) there are some folks who would rather have kept the algo as SHA256, and they don't support the v2 transition.  It is worth noting that the majority of the community does support the v2 switch.  2) After the fork of the v1 network, that block chain was attacked.  However, MrData was able to publish revisions to the source code to resolve the problem within hours.  The coin swap was not impacted, and has continued to function flawlessly (~50% swapped as of yesterday).

Really appreciate the quick answers - it's challenging to track and research all these new coins, so this helps. Will be following this coin and any other responses to my questions with interest. Thank you.
supercoins

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2014, 02:57:06 PM

Satoshi deserves a homage so I like the name of this coin. Best wishes to the devs!
MrData

Activity: 290

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2014, 03:00:37 PM

You update the wallet, changing the algorithm.
My old coin in?
Is gone? Huh

No, you can trade it in for WAS v2. You can find the wallet downloads and directions at http://www.was.club

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: