Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:41:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you selling your WAS or buying more?
Buying, to participate in stake. - 4 (10.3%)
Selling, to cash in from v1. - 10 (25.6%)
Holding, to collect more WAS! - 25 (64.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com  (Read 42558 times)
hashy

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:48:42 PM

I am For change man....   i just don't think up and changing everything all at once algo and all will really help...   is all i am getting at..   not no change, but what change...   all i am concerned about not that its changing but how..   i think just a reduction in the money supply would be a good start  how much  i dunno  but changing the algorithm is a bit drastic...      That is all Wink            

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Ratters

Activity: 434
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 03:53:29 PM

then walk   youve had 2 or 3 guys say ok because they don't know any better   they think your here to help...  lol     i don't see it that way  if you were really here to help  you would give it more then 12 hrs on one forum to gain a general consensus  and  what does was really need  not a freaking new algo that will screw everyone who has mined it to this point...  just fucking think about it for a second  if you can do that .......

#Hashy, Can i ask why you have not bothered to answer NO to the poll?

This coin was dead in the water and needs a major shake up to get it back on track if you ever want to sell your bag.

#ACN, If people here cant accept change and want to hold their WAS then NYC are asking for help.
hashy

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 03:54:34 PM

multi algos is the way to go...   my opinion.    you can easily prevent a 51%  with multi algos.      or is what im asking too difficult???   If the  sha256 pos codebase has issues why not fix them..   i just don't think the easy way should be the way because its easy...    Grin   I would vote  if i could  lol  stupid newbie rules i guess...       wouldnt be but the last account i had well  not gonna get into it  besides some godly moderator did not like me...   I am Not a Newbie like it says  but what can ya do..   3+ years in the game  Cool   And as i said and i will say it again  I AM FOR CHANGE,  BUT WHAT CHANGE IS THE QUESTION...  sorry bout the caps  it's just so difficult for some to get it i guess..       
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:07:34 PM

I am For change man....   i just don't think up and changing everything all at once algo and all will really help...   is all i am getting at..   not no change, but what change...   all i am concerned about not that its changing but how..   i think just a reduction in the money supply would be a good start  how much  i dunno  but changing the algorithm is a bit drastic...      That is all Wink            

You can't just change the supply without rewrite the code and while we're at it, why not go for the better code? See what I mean?
hashy

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:11:37 PM

yes  i understand...  why not fix other stuff while you got it apart.   it's the other stuff i am concerned about if it goes to far what's the point  you may as well make a whole new coin...  all I am trying to say...    Change is good,  but too much could hurt worse then we are hurting rite now...    why can't anyone understand what i am getting at Huh   
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:17:54 PM

We really cant hurt worse then we are. This coin is dead no way around it. It will basically be a new coin with a premine/insta mine or whatever it ends up being called. for all current bag holders to swap for. So this will be an issue that will make a lot of people not want to touch the coin. However in my opinion we might as well try something crazy because this coin needs a big shake up. I am amazed anyone mines this coin currently. You can not be paid so why mine it at current conditions? (Just curious why so many have been mining when you cant sell)
hashy

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:24:21 PM

i don't get why ppl keep saying you can't buy or sell   lol   i just bought almost 100 mil in the last week    they sold it to me  oh    it's not the price you want to sell at   i get it...    lol    there is volume not much  it's still being mined  so  how is it dead?   because you haven't got rich off of it yet....    see   this is why  i get upset/frustrated..   it's a dead coin  because of lack of dev/services  not because you cant sell it at 0.00000001 btc/was  lol

MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:27:03 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2014, 05:08:56 PM by MrData

yes  i understand...  why not fix other stuff while you got it apart.   it's the other stuff i am concerned about if it goes to far what's the point  you may as well make a whole new coin...  all I am trying to say...    Change is good,  but too much could hurt worse then we are hurting rite now...    why can't anyone understand what i am getting at Huh    

I can understand what you are saying but as-is the coin isn't generating interest from the market and I don't think just a coin reduction would change that. imo X11 fits the WeAreSatoshi coin because Satoshi wanted to put control of the money supply into the hands of the people and for now at least anyone can mine X11 without needing high end graphics cards or FPGA/ASIC.

Nobody has said you can't buy it, just that it's hard to sell since there are few to no buyers.

Edit: Also as for financial incentive I don't know about AmericanComputerNerd but I don't own any WAS; so it's not like I'm getting some big payday from this; I'm doing it for the fun and the experience and because people came to our thread and requested it.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:28:03 PM

I am not a programmer and do not know if it can be done. I'd like to hear you out.

The community here is quite strong, a lot of people here have millions of the WAS for sure (me too).
Is it possible to make WAS2 with 0 premine, BUT depending on how much you had in you old wallet, permanently give higher POS for new coins?
For example. If someone just starts mining he has 10% per year. If you had 100mil WAS in your old wallet you'll get 20% and so on? SHA256 of cause.
Can this be done?
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:30:39 PM

I am not a programmer and do not know if it can be done. I'd like to hear you out.

The community here is quite strong, a lot of people here have millions of the WAS for sure (me too).
Is it possible to make WAS2 with 0 premine, BUT depending on how much you had in you old wallet, permanently give higher POS for new coins?
For example. If someone just starts mining he has 10% per year. If you had 100mil WAS in your old wallet you'll get 20% and so on? SHA256 of cause.
Can this be done?

I guess we all know by now X11 and X13 are being worked on by someone already. 40-50GH/s in minutes on the pools is not cool. I say stick with SHA256d
hashy

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:37:29 PM

Can this be done?

I guess we all know by now X11 and X13 are being worked on by someone already. 40-50GH/s in minutes on the pools is not cool. I say stick with SHA256d

yep keep sha and,  I say come up with something new/different for WAS.  how about my idea multi algos then anyone i mean anyone can mine on the algo of their choice. add x11 as a strait pos so the blocks generated are just for intrest...   mr  i get that it should be in the hands of the people but just an algo i don't think can solve that problem...   
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:46:09 PM

Can this be done?

I don't think that would be possible, at least not in any kind of reasonable and secure manner. Since coins are all just tied to an address and not an overall identity there wouldn't be a good way to control who gets the higher percent and who doesn't so it would probably be exploited.

I would be the one doing the coin swap. I'm the original founder of CoinPayments.net if that builds any trust with you. The coin swap can go on indefinitely or there can be a 3-6 month limit or something. If there is a time limit and depending on how many coins are left they could be:
1) Destroyed
2) Given to the faucet to give away
3) Used for bounties/services
4) Other/some combination of the above

AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 04:54:05 PM

Edit: Also as for financial incentive I don't know about AmericanComputerNerd but I don't own any WAS; so it's not like I'm getting some big payday from this; I'm doing it for the fun and the experience and because people came to our thread and requested it.

The only WAS I'm holding is from pool fees, that will go to cover domain registration and on-going hosting costs when I am able to sell them.  Running a pool isn't free, unfortunately.  I try to break even...

I'm also holding 58 Million WAS from MrBrew, that are supposed to go to a good cause.  The only reason I have these is because someone else was concerned about them being in circulation.  As a community we will need to decide what to do with these at some point.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:12:27 PM

The only WAS I'm holding is from pool fees, that will go to cover domain registration and on-going hosting costs when I am able to sell them.  Running a pool isn't free, unfortunately.  I try to break even...

I'm also holding 58 Million WAS from MrBrew, that are supposed to go to a good cause.  The only reason I have these is because someone else was concerned about them being in circulation.  As a community we will need to decide what to do with these at some point.

Ah hah- I caught you lying. You're also holding the faucet coins  Grin Jokes aside, both MrData and ACN have not any incentives so far and they've been doing an amazing job. In BCT alone, we have 9 pages in 1 week, that's something vs 22 pages in 4 months with most of them go "is this coin dead?"
tom14cat14

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:14:59 PM

i don't get why ppl keep saying you can't buy or sell   lol   i just bought almost 100 mil in the last week    they sold it to me  oh    it's not the price you want to sell at   i get it...    lol    there is volume not much  it's still being mined  so  how is it dead?   because you haven't got rich off of it yet....    see   this is why  i get upset/frustrated..   it's a dead coin  because of lack of dev/services  not because you cant sell it at 0.00000001 btc/was  lol

Two weeks ago you couldn't buy the coin on any exchange. After the coin revival took over they got it listed on an exchange.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 05:20:30 PM

Ah hah- I caught you lying. You're also holding the faucet coins  Grin Jokes aside, both MrData and ACN have not any incentives so far and they've been doing an amazing job. In BCT alone, we have 9 pages in 1 week, that's something vs 22 pages in 4 months with most of them go "is this coin dead?"

Yep, I don't own those though Smiley
Just for total transparency though when I say I don't own any I just mean not any kind of significant amount, I have 2 old USB Eruptors going on the pool rofl Smiley

brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:27:27 PM

Can this be done?

I don't think that would be possible, at least not in any kind of reasonable and secure manner. Since coins are all just tied to an address and not an overall identity there wouldn't be a good way to control who gets the higher percent and who doesn't so it would probably be exploited.

I would be the one doing the coin swap. I'm the original founder of CoinPayments.net if that builds any trust with you. The coin swap can go on indefinitely or there can be a 3-6 month limit or something. If there is a time limit and depending on how many coins are left they could be:
1) Destroyed
2) Given to the faucet to give away
3) Used for bounties/services
4) Other/some combination of the above

I think we need to limit the swap because there will be no hash on the old network to secure the old coins. The unclaimed coins should be split in half to be destroyed and the other half go toward faucet and bounties.
MrData

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2014, 05:36:25 PM

Definitely agreed on that, trying to keep the old network running indefinitely will be a waste of time; if people haven't swapped in 3-6 months I doubt they ever will.

lin0sspice
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1002

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:33:41 AM

I can put 10-200gh/s on was as swap until the end.
For a day for 2.

Website
Whitepaper
Discord
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
VELOX PROJECT
The Future of Anonymous Trading
░░░█░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
░░██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██░░
████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░░░▄██▄░░░░░░░░░░███
███░░░░░░░░▄██████▄░░░░░░░░███
███▄░░░░░░▄████████▄░░░░░░▄███
████░░░░░▄██████████▄░░░░░████
████░░░░▄████████████▄░░░░████
░██████░░▀██████████▀░░███████
░███████░░░▀██████▀░░░████████
░████████▄░░░▀██▀░░░▄████████
░█████████▄░░░░░░░░▄███████░░░
░░█████████▄░░░░░░▄███████░░░░
░░░░██████████▄▄████████░░░░░░
░░░░░░████████████████░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░██████████████░░░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░░░░░░
Latest News
Twitter
Telegram
[/tab
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 12:56:02 AM

I'd like to sponsor for a logo redesign contest. Should i just start a new thread in the other board? Any objections? You guys will have to give me some verbiage and vote for the best one.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: