Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:50:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Are you selling your WAS or buying more?
Buying, to participate in stake. - 4 (10.3%)
Selling, to cash in from v1. - 10 (25.6%)
Holding, to collect more WAS! - 25 (64.1%)
Total Voters: 39

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][WAS][WeAreSatoshi] | X11 | Hybrid PoS/PoW | Trading on C-Cex.com  (Read 42558 times)
adoalli

Activity: 646
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:44:59 AM

any Promotion plan?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
copychicken

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 09:01:14 AM

with so low hashrate, its like instamining it....

the launch needs to be tweeted... nobody knows it?

Even the worst scam coin had more network hash and miners...

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

AmericanComputerNerd (OP)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

"Change is the only constant." -Heraclitus

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 01:59:20 PM

with so low hashrate, its like instamining it....

the launch needs to be tweeted... nobody knows it?

Even the worst scam coin had more network hash and miners...

Launch was tweeted, with pretty regular updates - https://twitter.com/WeAreSatoshi

It's hard to judge by hash power...  The X11 algo opens up mining to the masses, but the hash power is much lower (by design) than SHA & Scrypt.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 02:10:40 PM

any Promotion plan?

Right now, we're focused on the coin swap and v2 launch.  What sort of promotions do you guys think are the most effective?  What would you like to see our community do?
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:04:06 PM

any Promotion plan?

Right now, we're focused on the coin swap and v2 launch.  What sort of promotions do you guys think are the most effective?  What would you like to see our community do?

Not trying to repeat myself  Wink, but this is a C/P from WAS v1 OP with additional ideas

We need multiple phases:

Phase I:
1. New Win/Mac/Linux wallets with HB patch.
2. Logo revamp/tweak. The current logo is nice, just needs a bit tweaking to make it more fancy
2. Android and IOS wallets (now with Apple's blessing)
3. Additional Block explorer, Rich list
4. Dedicated Faucet

Phase II:
1a. BTCTalk Signature / Twitter Giveaways (actual products instead of WAS - Amazon gift card/ Apple TV or electronic gadgets.)
1b. Some sort of outreach or charity initiatives
2. Online wallet generator, additional game sites
3. Get listed on decent exchanges, WAS is not on any mainstream exchanges (Got delisted from Europex a couple days ago, Cryptoaltex and CryptoRush are dead)

Phase III:
1. Coinpayment and the likes
2. Coinkite and other dedicated merchant services
3. Online shops that accept WAS
merval

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 03:30:50 PM

In some positive news, thanks to Karimdr2 we have a v2 Mac QT.  Thank you!

Mac v2 QT - https://github.com/WeAreSatoshi/WeAreSatoshi-Binaries/blob/master/WeAreSatoshi-2.0.0.0-OSX-QT.dmg?raw=true

Not sure if it's by design, but the Mac v2 wallet, crashes the first time you open it with a runtime error, it loads fine after that.

- Merval
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:29:21 PM
Last edit: July 15, 2014, 04:56:15 PM by brian_nguyen

I'm staking in 4 hours. Isn't that a little early? My first transaction was on 7/10.

Edit: Yayyy- I'm staking in 2 hours   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 04:45:41 PM

I'm staking in 4 hours. Isn't that a little early? My first transaction was on 7/10.

Wasn't that your idea to have the 5 days min stake / 30 days max?

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 04:55:00 PM

Wasn't that your idea to have the 5 days min stake / 30 days max?

It was indeed, I keep on thinking it's 7 days and had to go back to double check. Working as intended MrData  Cheesy.
InstantBitcoin

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

+░░+Legendary Bitcoiner+░░

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 05:35:13 PM

so how does this coin swap work? I have some WAS in the original wallet...!  tia

copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:37:04 PM

what was the price of the V1?

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:38:36 PM

so how does this coin swap work? I have some WAS in the original wallet...!  tia

Follow instructions here:
http://was.club/coinswap.html
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 05:40:10 PM

what was the price of the V1?

It was at 1 sat on some exchanges, but buy volume was never there.

Edit: Honestly being on both DonkeyKoin (never out of alpha) and CryptoRush didn't help.

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 06:15:18 PM

any Promotion plan?

Right now, we're focused on the coin swap and v2 launch.  What sort of promotions do you guys think are the most effective?  What would you like to see our community do?

Not trying to repeat myself  Wink, but this is a C/P from WAS v1 OP with additional ideas

We need multiple phases:

Phase I:
1. New Win/Mac/Linux wallets with HB patch.
2. Logo revamp/tweak. The current logo is nice, just needs a bit tweaking to make it more fancy
2. Android and IOS wallets (now with Apple's blessing)
3. Additional Block explorer, Rich list
4. Dedicated Faucet

Phase II:
1a. BTCTalk Signature / Twitter Giveaways (actual products instead of WAS - Amazon gift card/ Apple TV or electronic gadgets.)
1b. Some sort of outreach or charity initiatives
2. Online wallet generator, additional game sites
3. Get listed on decent exchanges, WAS is not on any mainstream exchanges (Got delisted from Europex a couple days ago, Cryptoaltex and CryptoRush are dead)

Phase III:
1. Coinpayment and the likes
2. Coinkite and other dedicated merchant services
3. Online shops that accept WAS

Does the community agree with this?  Should anything be taken off the list, or added?  To finish phase 1, will probably require bounties...  I'm not sure about those operating systems...  But phase 2 and 3 seem pretty straightforward, and manageable.  The biggest hurdle will be getting the community support to get noticed by the services being mentioned.  Mainstream exchanges and payment services are overwhelmed with new Altcoins, and we'll have to be able to vote our way on to many of these.

Brian - Can you please confirm with the winner of the Coin Redesign contest that we are okay to use his image on WAS merchandise?  Shirts, coffee mugs, etc...  I'm not sure what we will do, but I want to make sure we have his blessing before moving forward.
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:17:27 PM

the network hash grew up a little..actually 100%... someone noticed us...

the block reward was 25coins on V1? cause if we hit the price on ccex of 1 satoshi, its not even worth the electricity...

brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:22:08 PM

the network hash grew up a little..actually 100%... someone noticed us...

the block reward was 25coins on V1? cause if we hit the price on ccex of 1 satoshi, its not even worth the electricity...

WAS v1 reward was 100k/50k/25k but for WAS v2 it's 25/12.5 halving every 200k block. See this calculation from ACN: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=661588.msg7811119#msg7811119
copychicken

Pools Of Honor

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:23:23 PM

we should start at least 1000 satoshi then..

MrData

Activity: 290
Merit: 250

CoinPayments

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2014, 06:24:04 PM

The main problem with V1 was how it was dumping thousands of coins per block into the economy which held it at 1 Satoshi on the exchanges. (With over 32 billion coins minted even a 1 Satoshi difference was 320+ BTC in market value). That is why the v1 to v2 trade-in is at at a 1000:1 ratio.

CoinPayments - The original multi-cryptocurrency payment processor.
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:34:24 PM

Does the community agree with this?  Should anything be taken off the list, or added?  To finish phase 1, will probably require bounties...  I'm not sure about those operating systems...  But phase 2 and 3 seem pretty straightforward, and manageable.  The biggest hurdle will be getting the community support to get noticed by the services being mentioned.  Mainstream exchanges and payment services are overwhelmed with new Altcoins, and we'll have to be able to vote our way on to many of these.

Brian - Can you please confirm with the winner of the Coin Redesign contest that we are okay to use his image on WAS merchandise?  Shirts, coffee mugs, etc...  I'm not sure what we will do, but I want to make sure we have his blessing before moving forward.

I sent him a PM asking for a confirmation, but it was also stated in the ANN of the logo contest.

Here are the requirements and it can be changed at anytime.

1. The coin will be used for charity, facilitate trade, in stores and to buy gold / silver, etc.
2. Gold, Silver, Bronx, White or Black - Anything you want and be creative and support the message of the coin (WeAreSatoshi)
3. The Revival Team receives the original artwork (PSD or in the original format of your program)
4. The Revival Team has the rights to use and modify it any way they see fit
brian_nguyen
Legendary

View Profile
July 15, 2014, 06:34:59 PM

we should start at least 1000 satoshi then..

+1
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: