Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 07:49:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:52:50 AM

So why is it the few nxt fanbois constantly trolling the forum are the ones so concerned about litecoin's future  Roll Eyes

First of all, I am not a Nxt fan boi. I haven't decided which crypto will be the next one I support apart from Bitcoin, but I am leaning towards Counterparty, Mastercoin, Bitshares AGS, Swarm, Ethereum, or Maidsafe. Possibly Nxt too, although they have some trolls (which coin doesn't), they are doing some interesting and innovative things... the initial distribution is kind of a put off to me though. However, to be fair to them... everyone had a chance to invest and didn't.. that is not their fault.

Secondly, I think the Litecoiners are getting scared. They are getting more organized and are doing more projects recently than ever before. I think most of them can see the writing on the wall and are trying to "right the ship" so to speak. Not only have the Litecoin "haters" been more vocal as of late (which is totally understandable due to the points I've outlined ITT), but the Litecoin supporters are also being more vocal because their throne is being challenged. They are even sending people over here from their forums to try and prove me wrong: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20631.0

You think.

So you are just speculating.

Got it.

I'm a litecoin supporter and no I am not scared nor have I gotten the notion that the community for LTC is scared as well.

Anyone can go back into CH's post history on this forum and the Litecointalk.org forum and see how much Coinhoarder is butthurt. For what real reason I can't say for sure but what I do know is he tried to get the LTC devs to make certain changes to the LTC protocol and it fell upon deaf ears so he took his ball and went home crying.

Now he is here still talking about LTC even though he claims it will die. And instead of just seeing if his prediction is true and let it be he is still talking about LTC which is keeping it alive.

As long as people are talking about LTC or trading it or mining it...it isn't dead in my view.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:55:11 AM

Bitcoin is nowhere mass adoption by the general public, litecoin is positioned well should that happen.
why do litecoin supporters claim this?  I think more people know what dogecoin is than litecoin. 

People also know that dogecoin was created as a joke. Who is supposed to take it seriously after that being a fact? lol
nice, but that doesn't answer the question.

litecoin is positioned poorly outside of the incestuous cryptocurrency community.  the number one use of litecoin is to proxy mine bitcoin by trading rapidly-depreciating ltc for btc with scrypt asics, and past this narrow function, i don't see litecoin being used anywhere else.  litecoin is not positioned well at all in terms of general adoption by the unwashed masses.  

I think this lack of public awareness is part of the reason for the current state of litecoin.  I still own litecoin, but i'm starting to understand more reasons not to own litecoin.

No one can predict the future. If you believe in the technology and the protocol then pick your side of the fence.

I'm not here to convince anyone to buy or sell litecoin.

But I will speak up when someone claims the LTC will die. And then doesn't define what "dying" really means. Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 01:57:28 AM

No one can predict the future. If you believe in the technology and the protocol then pick your side of the fence.

But I will speak up when someone claims the LTC will die. And then doesn't define what "dying" really means. Cheesy
I understand, but i'd just like to lose the spin (i.e. "dying") and seriously discuss the prospects of litecoin.

do you think the asics will secure or continue to devalue ltc?  

we observed a decoupling of BTC and LTC prices a couple months ago when asics started hitting big.  is this just more hashrate, or is this a continuing trend?  LTC doesn't seem to be picking up or holding with BTC anymore.

and if a joke currency could strip half it's hashrate a few months back, wouldn't asic miners be as equally fickle as the gpu miners before and jump on the next big thing?

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
El Dude

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:02:54 AM

I understand, but i'd just like to lose the spin (i.e. "dying") and seriously discuss the prospects of litecoin.

do you think the asics will secure or continue to devalue ltc? and if a joke currency could strip half it's hashrate a few months back, wouldn't asic miners be as equally fickle as the gpu miners before?

people just jumped on the dogecoin to ride the pump and convert back to LTC , go look at the hashrate now

Bitcoin and Litecoin hodler
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:05:51 AM

Interesting read. Litecoin is actually the coin I first read about that got me interested in cryptos back in Jan (read some article somewhere on it). Before then, I had no idea that alt coins even existed and a very rudimentary knowledge of bitcoin. I thought I'd play around with this crypto stuff and maybe I could get a free litecoin out of it, just for fun.

I never bothered really going past that 1 ltc (and have since sold it) and now have a small chunk of btc instead. The problem I saw, and still see, is a lack of innovation and the fact that there really is no reason for the value of ltc to rise a whole lot anymore.

I think the OP touched on one really important fact, multi coin processors for purchases. They already exist, and I think they will become the standard if cryptos make any headway into being used as a currency by the general public at all. And that means there will be no difference between ltc, doge, nxt, or whatevercoin, when ConsumerX decides to use crypto to buy something.

The only coins then that could stand out a bit are those that have unique features (nxt flavors, ethereum, maidsafe, anon coins, etc). And I'm not saying any of them will even take the #2 spot, but that #2-#6 spot may end up being somewhat bunched up close to one another.

I agree, Litecoin has a severe lack of innovation and that will be it's undoing. It's not really accepted at much stores and it doesnt have widespread adoptance. Only a matter of time when Litecoin gets taken over.

I like how the bolded statement is supposed to justify why litecoin will "die" or "fail" or whatever undefined word you want to use to describe what litecoin will be in the future.

(combine the three points below and it is the first with all of those combined)

Litecoin is one of the first altcoin to have a different mining algorithm so that it can't be merge mined and BTC asics would not destroy it.

Litecoin is one of first altcoin not to have a premine + have a known launch date ahead of time.

Litecoin is THE first altcoin to have survived all of the smear campaigns for years now about how "uninnovative" it is.

Even huge bitcoin supporters (Luke-jr etc) were bashing Litecoin in 2011 and 2012 and claimed "It will die and it is worthless". Looks like the free market says differently.

Litecoin with those things I listed above were enough "innovation" to make litecoin worth buying and supporting.

Innovation is not the only reason something will do well. Just look at car manufacturers. Ford came up with the idea yet Toyota, Honda, GMC, etc all are able to be successful with no real "innovation" they just added their own branding and changed a few things.

Claiming innovation is the ONLY way that a crypto coin can be successful is obviously bullshit as Litecoin has proven that statement/thought wrong.

THIS IS NO DIFFERENT  Cheesy

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:07:09 AM

do you think the asics will secure or continue to devalue ltc?  

we observed a decoupling of BTC and LTC prices a couple months ago when asics started hitting big.  is this just more hashrate, or is this a continuing trend?  LTC doesn't seem to be picking up or holding with BTC anymore.

and if a joke currency could strip half it's hashrate a few months back, wouldn't asic miners be as equally fickle as the gpu miners before and jump on the next big thing?

I think you will get your 100% concrete answer to your question in the next few months.

Let the free-market convince you via price, security, merchant acceptance...let us see.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:11:50 AM

what I find odd is you already publicly declared you no longer support litecoin yet you still want to talk about it as if it matters.

Roll Eyes

Smoothie!!!

Whats up?

Litecoin lives....

Cheesy whats up

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:17:12 AM

I see value in some other alternative coins, and I even think some of them have a large chance to overtake Litecoin as people slowly realize that Litecoin is just one big marketing campaign. If your investment strategy is to look at coinmarketcap and choose the coins with the biggest market cap, then I don't feel like that is a smart investment. According to you, this is how "smart money" operates. However, I think the "even smarter money" does extensive research on all coins that are available and the ones in development, and then comes to a proper decision as to what they will put their money in. After doing this myself I have come to the conclusion that "smart money" isn't actually so smart afterall.

why should people listen to you who have been unsuccessful in your investments?

Are you part of the smart money crowd or are you not and just posturing to make people who are in the "smart money" crowd feel inferior with no basis for your claims but just "I think it is" and "I have come to the conclusion..."??

You can't preach on the topic of smart money if you yourself have not lived it and actually done it yourself.

It's like you preaching about marriage when you are divorced in your own personal life. It doesn't work as you are now disqualified as someone to speak on it and have any actual impact on the topic if your own track record proves to be the on the opposite spectrum of what you are discussing.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:53:21 AM

Giant wall of text.

What would be the defining point of Litecoin being dead?

You can't slowly die yet never die.

Ah Smoothie... I've been waiting for you. Smiley

I'm not surprised that you would try to focus on technicalities of the English language, and not on the arguments I have made against Litecoin. I know you are one to cherry pick the statements that support your cause and ignore the ones that don't, so I won't judge you for this. Perhaps dying is the wrong word, and "irrelevancy" is more appropriate.

thanks for this well reasoned post.  

do you feel the added security of the litecoin blockchain with new asics on the way will prolong the life of litecoin, or accelerate its demise?

It's hard to say. I feel like in the long run it will be a bad thing, but the effects of the centralization of Bitcoin/Litecoin mining won't be felt for some time. As corporations, old money, and old money FIAT take over mining, the affects will start to show. At that point they are no longer decentralized currencies, it is moving that way already.

I think Litecoin will remain number 2 through at least the end of the year and possibly next year too. However, things are moving so quickly that it is completely possible that its demise could happen sooner rather than later. I think Bitcoin will be much harder to topple than Litecoin.

what I find odd is you already publicly declared you no longer support litecoin yet you still want to talk about it as if it matters.

Roll Eyes

You are actually the reason I started this thread. You talked very rudely about me on the Litecoin forums about my decision to not support Litecoin anymore, so I thought I would explain myself to everyone the reasons for my decision. Also, the Litecoin faithful are going around spewing their usual marketing strategies based on half truths, so I thought I would let it be known that not everyone feels that way. I am different from the other anti-Litecoin trolls in that I was a dedicated supporter of Litecoin for a very long time, and I have recently changed my mind. I thought people would be interested as to why, and it seems they are as this thread is pretty long for being up less than a day.

So why is it the few nxt fanbois constantly trolling the forum are the ones so concerned about litecoin's future  Roll Eyes

First of all, I am not a Nxt fan boi. I haven't decided which crypto will be the next one I support apart from Bitcoin, but I am leaning towards Counterparty, Mastercoin, Bitshares AGS, Swarm, Ethereum, or Maidsafe. Possibly Nxt too, although they have some trolls (which coin doesn't), they are doing some interesting and innovative things... the initial distribution is kind of a put off to me though. However, to be fair to them... everyone had a chance to invest and didn't.. that is not their fault.

Secondly, I think the Litecoiners are getting scared. They are getting more organized and are doing more projects recently than ever before. I think most of them can see the writing on the wall and are trying to "right the ship" so to speak. Not only have the Litecoin "haters" been more vocal as of late (which is totally understandable due to the points I've outlined ITT), but the Litecoin supporters are also being more vocal because their throne is being challenged. They are even sending people over here from their forums to try and prove me wrong: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20631.0

You think.

Got it.

I'm a litecoin supporter and no I am not scared nor have I gotten the notion that the community for LTC is scared as well.

Anyone can go back into CH's post history on this forum and the Litecointalk.org forum and see how much Coinhoarder is butthurt. For what real reason I can't say for sure but what I do know is he tried to get the LTC devs to make certain changes to the LTC protocol and it fell upon deaf ears so he took his ball and went home crying.

Now he is here still talking about LTC even though he claims it will die. And instead of just seeing if his prediction is true and let it be he is still talking about LTC which is keeping it alive.

As long as people are talking about LTC or trading it or mining it...it isn't dead in my view.

Some of my opinion is based on speculation, but a lot of it is based off of facts. The truth of the matter is no one knows what will happen in the future, but this is how I think it will play out. As to me being butthurt, grow up Smoothie. I am not crying... I am laughing at how ignorant all of you are and pointing out how hypocritical the arguments for Litecoin being the #2 crypto currency are. I am certain I will have the last laugh. If you want to refute some of the points I have made in this thread then go ahead and I will debate them with you, but it seems all you have are personal insults.

There you are again nitpicking on the words of "death" and "dying", use "irrelevant" instead if it makes you feel any better.

I see value in some other alternative coins, and I even think some of them have a large chance to overtake Litecoin as people slowly realize that Litecoin is just one big marketing campaign. If your investment strategy is to look at coinmarketcap and choose the coins with the biggest market cap, then I don't feel like that is a smart investment. According to you, this is how "smart money" operates. However, I think the "even smarter money" does extensive research on all coins that are available and the ones in development, and then comes to a proper decision as to what they will put their money in. After doing this myself I have come to the conclusion that "smart money" isn't actually so smart afterall.

Are you part of the smart money crowd or are you not and just posturing to make people who are in the "smart money" crowd feel inferior with no basis for your claims but just "I think it is" and "I have come to the conclusion..."??

You can't preach on the topic of smart money if you yourself have not lived it and actually done it yourself.

It's like you preaching about marriage when you are divorced in your own personal life. It doesn't work as you are now disqualified as someone to speak on it and have any actual impact on the topic if your own track record proves to be the on the opposite spectrum of what you are discussing.

I have made some poor business and life decisions, but part of those poor decisions are not my ability to pick crypto currencies that are likely to blow up in value. I was right about Bitcoin and I was right about Litecoin, some of my friends and family have made bank because of me suggesting them to invest into them. However, the crypto currency landscape is changing quickly and I can no longer say Litecoin is a sure bet for obvious reasons. I have already stated most all of them, again, if you would like to debate them then lets go at it, however if all you can do is insult me then I'm just going to put you back on ignore like you were before I saw 8 ignored posts by Smoothie in this thread. This is why I have you ignored, all you can do is hurl insults at me and you can't really back up your reasoning for supporting Litecoin.
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:55:55 AM

lets understand marketing

infrastructure is the key for investors and businesses to adopt a coin

I run a business and as yet my customers do not understand crypto

If i was to offer them crypto i would select a coin that has a strong infrastructure and investors

btc and ltc both have enterprises supporting this, why is there asic machines on sale if the market was not there, why is there atm's being built if the markets not there

please provide me with another coin that has the infrastructure to support my customers cash exchange and a network that is very hard to fall down like other altcoins have after a few months

this

Grin
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 02:57:17 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2014, 03:07:54 AM by smoothie

Giant wall of text.

What would be the defining point of Litecoin being dead?

You can't slowly die yet never die.

Ah Smoothie... I've been waiting for you. Smiley

I'm not surprised that you would try to focus on technicalities of the English language, and not on the arguments I have made against Litecoin. I know you are one to cherry pick the statements that support your cause and ignore the ones that don't, so I won't judge you for this. Perhaps dying is the wrong word, and "irrelevancy" is more appropriate.

do you feel the added security of the litecoin blockchain with new asics on the way will prolong the life of litecoin, or accelerate its demise?

It's hard to say. I feel like in the long run it will be a bad thing, but the effects of the centralization of Bitcoin/Litecoin mining won't be felt for some time. As corporations, old money, and old money FIAT take over mining, the affects will start to show. At that point they are no longer decentralized currencies, it is moving that way already.

I think Litecoin will remain number 2 through at least the end of the year and possibly next year too. However, things are moving so quickly that it is completely possible that its demise could happen sooner rather than later. I think Bitcoin will be much harder to topple than Litecoin.

Roll Eyes

You are actually the reason I started this thread. You talked very rudely about me on the Litecoin forums about my decision to not support Litecoin anymore, so I thought I would explain myself to everyone the reasons for my decision. Also, the Litecoin faithful are going around spewing their usual marketing strategies based on half truths, so I thought I would let it be known that not everyone feels that way. I am different from the other anti-Litecoin trolls in that I was a dedicated supporter of Litecoin for a very long time, and I have recently changed my mind. I thought people would be interested as to why, and it seems they are as this thread is pretty long for being up less than a day.

You think.

Got it.

Some of my opinion is based on speculation, but a lot of it is based off of facts. The truth of the matter is no one knows what will happen in the future, but this is how I think it will play out. As to me being butthurt, grow up Smoothie. I am not crying... I am laughing at how ignorant all of you are and pointing out how hypocritical the arguments for Litecoin being the #2 crypto currency are. I am certain I will have the last laugh. If you want to refute some of the points I have made in this thread then go ahead and I will debate them with you, but it seems all you have is personal insults.

There you are again nitpicking on the words of "death" and "dying", use "irrelevant" instead if it makes you feel any better.

I have made some poor business and life decisions, but part of those poor decisions are not my ability to pick crypto currencies that are likely to blow up in value. I was right about Bitcoin and I was right about Litecoin, some of my friends and family have made bank because of me suggesting them to invest into them. However, the crypto currency landscape is changing quickly and I can no longer say Litecoin is a sure bet for obvious reasons. I have already stated most all of them, again, if you would like to debate them then lets go at it, however if all you can do is insult me then I'm just going to put you back on ignore like you were before I saw 8 ignored posts by Smoothie in this thread. This is why I have you ignored, all you can do is hurl insults at me and you can't really back up your reasoning for supporting Litecoin.

Ahh lol I now see that you retracted your statement that I was put on ignore.

Funny to know you can't even stand to stick to your word even on that one. lolz

"irrelevancy"....nice back pedal there.  Grin

It never ceases to amaze me how much crying you do. You remind me of Goat who does the exact same thing when he gets called out on his BS.

You making comments about smart money and not actually being in the smart money group says you are full of it. The fact that you went silent for over a month while your mining hardware customers/investors were waiting for you to respond to them is very telling of your character. They lost out on mining opportunity and all you can really say is "sorry guys" and send them a few extra cables to attempt to make it "right".

Track record is a good indicator of someone's bullshit levels when they talk. For you I still call it how I see it. You are one to over-promise and under deliver, make statements that you are disqualified in making as you haven't lived it yourself, and then at the first sign of opposition you end up running away as you did with Litecoin.

If you can't handle what I have to say I suggest you put me on ignore again as I will continue to be honest in how I see things. If that is too much for you, you should run along with your ignoring.

BTW your thread is doing absolutely nothing but entertaining myself as well as others as to the inconsistencies you keep making in your statements and actions. Your thread is actually keeping LTC revelant and alive as we are still discussing it.

Nice job there BTW.  Tongue

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:00:18 AM

lol there you have it people...CH made this thread because of me and how he did not like how I spoke about him leaving the LTC community which is something he made public for everyone to read.

Because I had an opinion doesn't mean it was rude. It was only rude in your opinion, not in actual facts.

Anyone is welcome to go over and read what CH wrote before he "left" then came back. lol

CH claims Litecoin is dying a slow death (meaning it will die at some point) yet is still talking about LTC which keeps it alive. Genius.  Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:00:56 AM

Yeah Smoothie, I'm just going to let you unload on me and not defend myself...

When I saw 8 ignored posts from you I had a feeling you were talking shit about me and I was right.

I have the right to defend myself.. anyways as you say I'm not a man of my word, so did you really expect me to keep you on ignore like I had said I would?

Again, feel free to debate the arguments I made against Litecoin, otherwise you are dead to me.
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:03:39 AM

lol there you have it people...CH made this thread because of me and how he did not like how I spoke about him leaving the LTC community which is something he made public for everyone to read.

Because I had an opinion doesn't mean it was rude. It was only rude in your opinion, not in actual facts.

Anyone is welcome to go over and read what CH wrote before he "left" then came back. lol

CH claims Litecoin is dying a slow death (meaning it will die at some point) yet is still talking about LTC which keeps it alive. Genius.  Roll Eyes

If I think Litecoin will remain number 2 throughout the rest of this year and possibly next year, how is talking about it right now prolonging its life? If anything I am exposing the bullshit that you guys keep spreading about Litecoin.

Again, lets debate the arguments for/against Litecoin Smoothie, I'm ready for you. I've just been warming up the first 6 pages of this thread.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:10:03 AM

Yeah Smoothie, I'm just going to let you unload on me and not defend myself...

When I saw 8 ignored posts from you I had a feeling you were talking shit about me and I was right.

I have the right to defend myself.. anyways as you say I'm not a man of my word, so did you really expect me to keep you on ignore like I had said I would?

Again, feel free to debate the arguments I made against Litecoin, otherwise you are dead to me.

lol it will be refreshing to have you actually stick to something you say you are going to do.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:17:08 AM

CH claims Litecoin is dying a slow death (meaning it will die at some point) yet is still talking about LTC which keeps it alive. Genius.  Roll Eyes

If I think Litecoin will remain number 2 throughout the rest of this year and possibly next year, how is talking about it right now prolonging its life? If anything I am exposing the bullshit that you guys keep spreading about Litecoin.

Again, lets debate the arguments for/against Litecoin Smoothie, I'm ready for you. I've just been warming up the first 6 pages of this thread.

Looks like your word means nothing as you still have me not ignored lol.  Tongue

What bullshit are you talking about?

Are you claiming the following?

"I think Litecoin will remain number 2 throughout the rest of this year and possibly next year"

If so, well doesn't sound like you are too sure on your prediction as it is rather general and doesn't exactly say it will lose its #2 spot.

Perhaps you can be more clear on your stance as opposed to making vague comments and then being able to retract and side step when proven wrong? Thanks

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

kalus

Activity: 420
Merit: 263

let's make a deal.

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:24:20 AM

did g1 scrypt asics arrive in higher numbers than sha-256 asics did?  what happened to btc prices after the first asics were released?

and if something were to knock down litecoin, there would need to be a reason to pull asics from ltc blockchain.  what would replace litecoin in a year?

DC2ngEGbd1ZUKyj8aSzrP1W5TXs5WmPuiR wow need noms
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:27:01 AM

Looks like your word means nothing as you still have me not ignored lol.  Tongue

What bullshit are you talking about?

Are you claiming the following?

"I think Litecoin will remain number 2 throughout the rest of this year and possibly next year"

If so, well doesn't sound like you are too sure on your prediction as it is rather general and doesn't exactly say it will lose its #2 spot.

Perhaps you can be more clear on your stance as opposed to making vague comments and then being able to retract and side step when proven wrong? Thanks

Vague comments? I have been the most thorough person in this thread when it comes to explaining what I believe and why I believe it.

I am as sure of my prediction as you are that Litecoin will remain #2. No one can tell the future, and I am not claiming to be a fortune teller. I am stating my opinions that are based on facts and events that have happened over the past couple years.

I'm talking about the bullshit arguments that Litecoiners use to support the reason for its value, most of them are ridiculous.

I don't know how I can be any more clear. I think Litecoin will be replaced as the #2 crypto currency in the next 1 to 2 years, possibly sooner. That is not vague at all, what did you want.. an exact date and time this will happen?  Roll Eyes
Saigonsmokes

Activity: 334
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:34:31 AM

Ok - so read through the Litecoin Talk thread...It seems to me that Coinhoarder donated $1000 worth of LTC - his suggestions for changes to Litecoin were 'ignored' - this seems to have upset him. Unfortunately donations to the developers does not give a right to dictate Litecoins future, very much like what Goat did when he setup the Litecoin Foundation with an agenda to sell physical Litecoins. Donations should show support for Litecoin, not follow up with getting upset when the developers didn't do what you wanted.  

Its a shame you turned your back on Litecoin, but your posting tone is pretty arrogant - you supposedly left Litecoin in April but seem upset enough months later to continue posting about it. Your OP had some valid points but your tone lately shows someone who is upset, pissed off and hurt they were not listened too.

OP - What crypto community did you join after your left LTC? Genuinely curious..

sile16

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 03:38:14 AM

I've thought that the transaction volume would eventually get so high that the Bitcoin block chain is stressed to the point people are paying higher than the minimum fee to get transactions processed and that pressure would be the motivation to move latterly into other coins such as litecoin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: