Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:08:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin Is NOT Dead (It Is Just Dying A Slow Death)  (Read 28282 times)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:34:28 AM

Great arguments by both sides today I say we go to a poll

Grin
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1026

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:42:20 AM

lets understand marketing

infrastructure is the key for investors and businesses to adopt a coin

I run a business and as yet my customers do not understand crypto

If i was to offer them crypto i would select a coin that has a strong infrastructure and investors

btc and ltc both have enterprises supporting this, why is there asic machines on sale if the market was not there, why is there atm's being built if the markets not there

That is a good reason to support Litecoin/Bitcoin right now, I concur. However, if you don't believe that will change over time and the infrastructure and investors won't show up for more innovative and forward thinking currencies, then I feel like you will be proven wrong for reason's I've already stated such as multi coin payment processors becoming the norm and investor money is flowing into these new projects much more so than money in flowing into Litecoin. As you can see here: http://swarmcorp.com/ and here: http://www1.agsexplorer.com/

I'm not talking about today, I'm talking about 1 to 2 years from now.

I would be surprised if the volume done on a Litecoin ATM would pay for the cost of the ATM. Litecoin ATMs are totally uneccessary at this point, and they will never become popular unless Litecoin is integrated with Bitcoin ATMs. If you think the world will be filled with Litecoin ATMs, then I have a bridge to sell you.

please provide me with another coin that has the infrastructure to support my customers cash exchange and a network that is very hard to fall down like other altcoins have after a few months

It doesn't really matter because on exchanges like Cryptsy you can automatically convert any coin you want to Bitcoin or Litecoin. This is part of the reason Litecoin's volume is a misrepresentation of what's actually going on, because it is used as a trading pair for worthless crypto currencies. Any alternative coin that is worth its weight has not fallen on its face after a few months. You just need to do a better job at picking alternative coins IMO. Yes, there have been a lot of worthless pump and dump coins that fall on there face after a few months, but the innovative ones are still very much alive and thriving, even though some have lost a bit of value since their peak... so have all crypto currencies at this point in time. Most of the INNOVATIVE currencies are still somewhere around the top 10 in market cap.. I wouldn't call this "falling on your face." There is a big difference as I stated earlier in between innovation and gimmicky innovation.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:45:55 AM

Where did I ever claim your donations were bribes or that you were trying to bribe the developers? Dont put words in my mouth. Thanks  Smiley

Please post a link to where I say that. Thanks. Otherwise stfu please.   Grin

I linked to the thread on Litecointalk in my post refuting the things you said about me. Actually, someone else brought it up that they thought I was trying to bribe the Litecoin developers, and you more or less agreed with them. You even took it a few steps further and explained to everyone how awesome you are and how much money you donated and never asked for anything in return, insinuating that I was trying to bribe them. Sometimes you need to read between the lines of your posts for the "thinly veiled insults" I keep referring to, but I am sure that they are there and intentional. I am not making that up, as it happens repeatedly.

Coinhoarder nice try but you still haven't linked me to exactly where I said what you claim. Which if you can't makes you a liar.

Good job attempting to put words in my mouth. I won't stand for it. So please STFU if you can't prove your claim. Thanks  Grin

FYI reading between the lines =/= something I actually said.

Reading between the lines == interpretation of what I said (which isn't necessarily what I said).

I'm not putting words in your mouth, everyone can go read it. https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=18586.msg166156#msg166156

This is done in your usual style that you don't actually say the mean things about me, but you insinuate that they are true. If you didn't believe that I wasn't trying to bribe the developers, then why would you say the following and not something like "umm.. I don't think he was trying to bribe the developers"

Typical Smoothie.

Here is exactly what you said:

So back to my original point, Coinhoarder and anyone else who feels they need to leave is welcome to, but it is hard not to notice how easily he gave up and took his ball and went home.

Smoothie, if the amount of money he is said to have raised is true, it hardly can be said he did not at least give it a try.  I think you are selling him rather short here...  and I still support litecoin.

Just because he raised a few thousand dollars does not mean he should have the ability to dictate the development of Litecoin. As I've already indicated I raised 1000 LTC and donated it to the LTC developers with no expectations but rather as just a form of support to their efforts to keep the Litecoin protocol secure.

In the end, no one dictates litecoin, the OVERALL NETWORK does.

Coinhoarder made the mistake of running away at the first sign of opposition to his goals. If he really wanted development done in a particular direction he should have taken the funds and put them towards developing the exact items he wanted to see (supposedly via developers that are willing to build what he wants). In this case it wouldn't be a "donation" but rather payment for said development, of which is worlds apart from what he did by donating to the LTC development team.

Remember donations to any development are not a right to dictate the outcome of the development process. That is why they are called donations.

If I am not mistaken this is what Goat/TheLitecoinFoundation (user) did when approaching the LTC dev team to send "donations". I believe Warren mentioned this to me several months ago.

I am not in support of this type of action. Sounds more like LOBBYING rather than donating.

1. I never said you bribed anyone. Which proves your initial claim that I said you were bribing the Litecoin development team as false.

2. My post there was in context response to someone saying I was selling you short on why you left and his justification was that you raised money to donate to the litecoin development team.

3. You yourself even TOUTED that fact (you donated) as if that was some sort of justification on being heard and having a say in the litecoin protocol changes.

How many times have you brought up the fact that you donated LTC to the Litecoin development team while in the same post/paragraph talking about how they did not listen to you and that your ideas fell on deaf ears etc?

lol I just had a funny thought of your OP where you were crying about how Charlie ignored you and that he didn't give you the amount of attention/feedback/whatever you were expecting. lol So funny. Makes you sound like a little baby. Not that you are one. But we can let others decide for themselves what they perceive you as.

Personally I perceive you as a person who over promises and under delivers and whines and cries when any opposition comes your way. Not to mention likes to interpret what I post as one thing when clearly what I said was not what you claimed.

You do like to play the victim. Nice try but I don't fall for that BS.

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:50:56 AM

Well some of those claims you say have been made I do not believe were made by me. So thanks again for lumping me in with the rest of them. lol

If you read my post again I said you never said "doesn't exactly say it will lose its #2 spot" in your comment. But now that you clarified that I'll accept it as a valid prediction with no wiggle room. We will revisit this in 2 years  Grin

Some of being the key word. You are still spewing a lot of not completely thought through arguments, so you should be lumped in this "the other guys."

Like?

And be specific because lumping me in with them would not be a honest evaluation of my stance on Litecoin.

Of all the things you claimed in your OP that LTC supporters claim, I have never claimed any of those that I can remember.

Please refute me with facts/links of where I made claims that aren't thought out and are in the same category of those you keep pointing out in your OP and not just "I know you said it so I know it is true."

Did you not read the post I just spent a hour typing? I'm not going to go through your posts and find everytime you talked about Litecoin... as that would take the rest of my life.

Why don't you instead tell me why you think Litecoin will stay the #2 crypto currency for years to come and then we'll go from there.

No I would rather you show me where I am "spewing a lot of not completely thought through arguments".

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:51:55 AM

1. I never said you bribed anyone. Which proves your initial claim that I said you were bribing the Litecoin development team as false.

2. My post there was in context response to someone saying I was selling you short on why you left and his justification was that you raised money to donate to the litecoin development team.

3. You yourself even TOUTED that fact (you donated) as if that was some sort of justification on being heard and having a say in the litecoin protocol changes.

How many times have you brought up the fact that you donated LTC to the Litecoin development team while in the same post/paragraph talking about how they did not listen to you and that your ideas fell on deaf ears etc?

lol I just had a funny thought of your OP where you were crying about how Charlie ignored you and that he didn't give you the amount of attention/feedback/whatever you were expecting. lol So funny. Makes you sound like a little baby. Not that you are one. But we can let others decide for themselves what they perceive you as.

Personally I perceive you as a person who over promises and under delivers and whines and cries when any opposition comes your way. Not to mention likes to interpret what I post as one thing when clearly what I said was not what you claimed.

Personally I perceive you as someone that is very mean spirited, someone that likes to tell the world how horrible of a person I am, a stalker, and someone who changes the topic of the conversation when it doesn't fit inside their argument. So again Smoothie for the 10th time, why will Litecoin remain #2 for years to come? Do enlighten me... the fact that you keep shifting the topic of conversation tells me that you don't have any good reasons.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:52:49 AM

CH to be clear so you don't waste time catching up, I never claimed LTC will be here as #2 crypto for years to come.

In fact I'm of the opinion I would rather see how things turn out than try to debate this as no one can actually predict the future 100% anyway.

It is pointless and a waste of time. Much like the majority of your OP was bitching and whining about how you felt someone or some group of people treated you wrong.

Stop crying and grow up.  Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:55:45 AM

CH to be clear so you don't waste time catching up, I never claimed LTC will be here as #2 crypto for years to come.

In fact I'm of the opinion I would rather see how things turn out than try to debate this as no one can actually predict the future 100% anyway.

It is pointless and a waste of time. Much like the majority of your OP was bitching and whining about how you felt someone or some group of people treated you wrong.

You repeatedly resort to personal attacks when I am trying to have an honest debate. Typical Smoothie.

It is obvious to me that you can't really articulate your support for Litecoin, because you know that I would tear your arguments apart and you don't want to be embarrassed publicly like that. You can never be wrong can you Smoothie?
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 05:59:03 AM

Personally I perceive you as someone that is very mean spirited, someone that likes to tell the world how horrible of a person I am, a stalker, and someone who changes the topic of the conversation when it doesn't fit inside their argument. So again Smoothie for the 10th time, why will Litecoin remain #2 for years to come? Do enlighten me... the fact that you keep shifting the topic of conversation tells me that you don't have any good reasons.

lol You are entitled to your opinion of me. You won't see me cry about it.

But I still think your view is warped of me lol.

Stalker? No more like an honest troll who likes to call people out for their bullshit.

You don't like me posting where you post? Do it on a non-public forum or medium that way you can have your privacy. Otherwise suck it up and stop whining.

If you remember I supported you while you were gone (MIA) and your hardware customers were lost on what was up with you. Yet you still claimed I attacked you. You cost them mining time and all you could say was "sorry" and sent them extra cables and a few small things to attempt to build a bridge with a toothpick.

I merely called it how I saw it and gave you the benefit of the doubt (prior to your return) which I linked you to. Of course that doesn't matter what matters is that taking attention off of your failures and putting the light on me is the best way to avoid your faults.

Even asking a question got you all riled up on your BTC design bounty. Good lord how touchy you have become.  Cheesy

Read my last post above where I explain my stance on LTC being #2 in the next years.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:00:14 AM

You repeatedly resort to personal attacks when I am trying to have an honest debate. Typical Smoothie.

It is obvious to me that you can't really articulate your support for Litecoin, because you know that I would tear your arguments apart and you don't want to be embarrassed publicly like that. You can never be wrong can you Smoothie?

How can I be wrong if I never claimed anything? Please rip that apart.

You just wish you could get even with me as it appears you have some sort of whiney vendetta against me.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:06:28 AM

You just wish you could get even with me as it appears you have some sort of whiney vendetta against me.

You're fooling yourself if you think you don't have some sort of whiney vendetta against me as well, I am simply defending myself. There is a fine line in between defending myself and having a "whiney" (which is not a word by the way, grammar king... death vs irrelevance) vendetta.

I don't like you because of one thing you've done to me, it is the culmination of things you've done to me and said about me over the years. You are always the first to start some bullshit argument with me and point out to everyone how horrible I am. This is not all in my head, as you have repeatedly done this to me over and over again.

Exactly, you can't be wrong if you never claim anything, and that is why you are not claiming anything. You "don't have the time" to explain why, yet you have the time to argue about pointless shit like this. What a hypocrite.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:09:00 AM

You're fooling yourself if you think you don't have some sort of whiney vendetta against me as well, I am simply defending myself. There is a fine line in between defending myself and having a "whiney" (which is not a word by the way, grammar king... death vs irrelevance) vendetta.

Exactly, you can't be wrong if you never claim anything, and that is why you are not claiming anything. You "don't have the time" to explain why, yet you have the time to argue about pointless shit like this. What a hypocrite.

LOL I'm just here defending myself just like you do as well as pointing out bullshit when I see it. Lots of it in this thread from your posts.

Fair is fair right? lol  Tongue

You obviously didn't like the fact that I chose to remain on the sidelines on my commenting in the future of LTC and where it will be. Honestly I don't care if it is #2. The fact that cryptocurrecy is alive and well and the genie is out of the bottle and I am a part of the movement is what matters to me the most.

Obviously your focus here is on LTC.

If LTC succeeds great...if it doesn't then im sure something worth while will if Bitcoin is somehow unseated as #1.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:12:05 AM

LOL I'm just here defending myself just like you do.

Fair is far right? lol  Tongue

You obviously didn't like the fact that I chose to remain on the sidelines on my commenting in the future of LTC and where it will be. Honestly I don't care if it is #2. The fact that cryptocurrecy is alive and well and the genie is out of the bottle and I am a part of the movement is what matters to me the most.

Obviously your focus here is on LTC...which is lol..

This thread wasn't about you Smoothie, it was about Litecoin and why I made the decision not to support it anymore. You came in here throwing around personal insults and made it about you, that is not my fault.

Yes, obviously my focus here is LTC, as stated in the thread title and the OP. That is how forums work.. the topic of conversation is normally aligned with the thread title and the OP. You are the one that has derailed the thread. If you notice before you came along I was having a healthy debate with members of the community about Litecoin. We weren't debating about Smoothie.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:14:18 AM

LOL I'm just here defending myself just like you do.

Fair is far right? lol  Tongue

Obviously your focus here is on LTC...which is lol..

This thread wasn't about you Smoothie, it was about Litecoin and why I made the decision not to support it anymore. You came in here throwing around personal insults and made it about you, that is not my fault.

Yes, obviously my focus here is LTC, as stated in the thread title and the OP. That is how forums work.. the topic of conversation is normally aligned with the thread title and the OP. You are the one that has derailed the thread. If you notice before you came along I was having a healthy debate with members of the community about Litecoin. We weren't debating about Smoothie.

LOL you missed the part about where I said was here to call out bullshit (which by my reputation on this forum should be obvious)...the defending myself came after that as obviously you ended up bringing up a bunch of things about me which I then defended.

Whining about others not hearing you out and "ignoring" you or whatever is bullshit along with a bunch of other things you put in your OP. I agreed with a point or two but that was about it as most of your post was "pity me" themed.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:17:54 AM

I've made my stance on the OP known. Jousting with CH is an endless argument much like I tend to have with Goat.

You guys aren't brothers are you?

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:20:08 AM

thanks for this well reasoned post.  

do you feel the added security of the litecoin blockchain with new asics on the way will prolong the life of litecoin, or accelerate its demise?

It's hard to say. I feel like in the long run it will be a bad thing, but the effects of the centralization of Bitcoin/Litecoin mining won't be felt for some time. As corporations, old money, and old money FIAT take over mining, the affects will start to show. At that point they are no longer decentralized currencies, it is moving that way already.

I think Litecoin will remain number 2 through at least the end of the year and possibly next year too. However, things are moving so quickly that it is completely possible that its demise could happen sooner rather than later. I think Bitcoin will be much harder to topple than Litecoin.

what I find odd is you already publicly declared you no longer support litecoin yet you still want to talk about it as if it matters.

Roll Eyes

insult #1, done in your usual satirical style... I still hadn't responded to any of your posts.

So why is it the few nxt fanbois constantly trolling the forum are the ones so concerned about litecoin's future  Roll Eyes

First of all, I am not a Nxt fan boi. I haven't decided which crypto will be the next one I support apart from Bitcoin, but I am leaning towards Counterparty, Mastercoin, Bitshares AGS, Swarm, Ethereum, or Maidsafe. Possibly Nxt too, although they have some trolls (which coin doesn't), they are doing some interesting and innovative things... the initial distribution is kind of a put off to me though. However, to be fair to them... everyone had a chance to invest and didn't.. that is not their fault.

Secondly, I think the Litecoiners are getting scared. They are getting more organized and are doing more projects recently than ever before. I think most of them can see the writing on the wall and are trying to "right the ship" so to speak. Not only have the Litecoin "haters" been more vocal as of late (which is totally understandable due to the points I've outlined ITT), but the Litecoin supporters are also being more vocal because their throne is being challenged. They are even sending people over here from their forums to try and prove me wrong: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20631.0

You think.

So you are just speculating.

Got it.

I'm a litecoin supporter and no I am not scared nor have I gotten the notion that the community for LTC is scared as well.

Anyone can go back into CH's post history on this forum and the Litecointalk.org forum and see how much Coinhoarder is butthurt. For what real reason I can't say for sure but what I do know is he tried to get the LTC devs to make certain changes to the LTC protocol and it fell upon deaf ears so he took his ball and went home crying.

Now he is here still talking about LTC even though he claims it will die. And instead of just seeing if his prediction is true and let it be he is still talking about LTC which is keeping it alive.

As long as people are talking about LTC or trading it or mining it...it isn't dead in my view.

insult #2 and #3, I still hadn't replied to you at the time.

I see value in some other alternative coins, and I even think some of them have a large chance to overtake Litecoin as people slowly realize that Litecoin is just one big marketing campaign. If your investment strategy is to look at coinmarketcap and choose the coins with the biggest market cap, then I don't feel like that is a smart investment. According to you, this is how "smart money" operates. However, I think the "even smarter money" does extensive research on all coins that are available and the ones in development, and then comes to a proper decision as to what they will put their money in. After doing this myself I have come to the conclusion that "smart money" isn't actually so smart afterall.

why should people listen to you who have been unsuccessful in your investments?

Are you part of the smart money crowd or are you not and just posturing to make people who are in the "smart money" crowd feel inferior with no basis for your claims but just "I think it is" and "I have come to the conclusion..."??

You can't preach on the topic of smart money if you yourself have not lived it and actually done it yourself.

It's like you preaching about marriage when you are divorced in your own personal life. It doesn't work as you are now disqualified as someone to speak on it and have any actual impact on the topic if your own track record proves to be the on the opposite spectrum of what you are discussing.

insult #4, I still hadn't replied to you at the time... this whole post is an insult.

Yeah Smoothie... I totally started this.  Roll Eyes
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:22:42 AM

thanks for this well reasoned post.  

do you feel the added security of the litecoin blockchain with new asics on the way will prolong the life of litecoin, or accelerate its demise?

It's hard to say. I feel like in the long run it will be a bad thing, but the effects of the centralization of Bitcoin/Litecoin mining won't be felt for some time. As corporations, old money, and old money FIAT take over mining, the affects will start to show. At that point they are no longer decentralized currencies, it is moving that way already.

I think Litecoin will remain number 2 through at least the end of the year and possibly next year too. However, things are moving so quickly that it is completely possible that its demise could happen sooner rather than later. I think Bitcoin will be much harder to topple than Litecoin.

what I find odd is you already publicly declared you no longer support litecoin yet you still want to talk about it as if it matters.

Roll Eyes

insult #1, done in your usual satirical style... I still hadn't responded to any of your posts.

So why is it the few nxt fanbois constantly trolling the forum are the ones so concerned about litecoin's future  Roll Eyes

First of all, I am not a Nxt fan boi. I haven't decided which crypto will be the next one I support apart from Bitcoin, but I am leaning towards Counterparty, Mastercoin, Bitshares AGS, Swarm, Ethereum, or Maidsafe. Possibly Nxt too, although they have some trolls (which coin doesn't), they are doing some interesting and innovative things... the initial distribution is kind of a put off to me though. However, to be fair to them... everyone had a chance to invest and didn't.. that is not their fault.

Secondly, I think the Litecoiners are getting scared. They are getting more organized and are doing more projects recently than ever before. I think most of them can see the writing on the wall and are trying to "right the ship" so to speak. Not only have the Litecoin "haters" been more vocal as of late (which is totally understandable due to the points I've outlined ITT), but the Litecoin supporters are also being more vocal because their throne is being challenged. They are even sending people over here from their forums to try and prove me wrong: https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=20631.0

You think.

So you are just speculating.

Got it.

I'm a litecoin supporter and no I am not scared nor have I gotten the notion that the community for LTC is scared as well.

Anyone can go back into CH's post history on this forum and the Litecointalk.org forum and see how much Coinhoarder is butthurt. For what real reason I can't say for sure but what I do know is he tried to get the LTC devs to make certain changes to the LTC protocol and it fell upon deaf ears so he took his ball and went home crying.

Now he is here still talking about LTC even though he claims it will die. And instead of just seeing if his prediction is true and let it be he is still talking about LTC which is keeping it alive.

As long as people are talking about LTC or trading it or mining it...it isn't dead in my view.

insult #2 and #3, I still hadn't replied to you at the time.

I see value in some other alternative coins, and I even think some of them have a large chance to overtake Litecoin as people slowly realize that Litecoin is just one big marketing campaign. If your investment strategy is to look at coinmarketcap and choose the coins with the biggest market cap, then I don't feel like that is a smart investment. According to you, this is how "smart money" operates. However, I think the "even smarter money" does extensive research on all coins that are available and the ones in development, and then comes to a proper decision as to what they will put their money in. After doing this myself I have come to the conclusion that "smart money" isn't actually so smart afterall.

why should people listen to you who have been unsuccessful in your investments?

Are you part of the smart money crowd or are you not and just posturing to make people who are in the "smart money" crowd feel inferior with no basis for your claims but just "I think it is" and "I have come to the conclusion..."??

You can't preach on the topic of smart money if you yourself have not lived it and actually done it yourself.

It's like you preaching about marriage when you are divorced in your own personal life. It doesn't work as you are now disqualified as someone to speak on it and have any actual impact on the topic if your own track record proves to be the on the opposite spectrum of what you are discussing.

insult #4, I still hadn't replied to you at the time... this whole post is an insult.

Yeah Smoothie... I totally started this.  Roll Eyes

Tell me this:

How is it an insult if it is true? Grin Grin Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

CoinHoarder (OP)
Legendary

In Cryptocoins I Trust

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:24:40 AM

Tell me this:

How is it an insult if it is true? Grin Grin Grin

Perhaps you need to learn the definition of the word insult.
smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:25:25 AM

Seems that if I point out something CH doesn't want pointed out...it is an insult.

The butthurt and crying part are my perspective of what you did.

Never did I name call so I can hardly see how it is an insult if what I am claiming is true.

Roll Eyes

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:26:47 AM

in·sult
verb
inˈsəlt/
speak to or treat with disrespect or scornful abuse.

Where did I disrespect you by giving you my view of what you did? It is an honest view. Don't like it? Cry more please.  Grin

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

smoothie
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 06:28:15 AM

This is usually what people who play the victim do. They grasp at straws to find any reason for people to see the wrong in the other party even if what was said was in fact true and honest.

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: