Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:56:02 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 09:50:57 PM

Website design is what i do most for clients. I made silkcoin.nl in just 2 hours. I could take that job.

What i am very curious of is...can the dev fulfill the original ideas behind SC? Like openbazaar implementation and exchange? And do we need more devs?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:20:15 PM

Website design is what i do most for clients. I made silkcoin.nl in just 2 hours. I could take that job.

What i am very curious of is...can the dev fulfill the original ideas behind SC? Like openbazaar implementation and exchange? And do we need more devs?
From what i understand from reading everything here, bholzer is basically acting as an interim dev.
He will keep it going until the time that a new dev team comes on board.
I can expect that this could take some time.

If you can design a good website and the community agrees, then you may very well fit the job.
We will probably need some editors who can add content to the site too, news articles, updates etc.
I expect a good CMS system will do the job nicely.

I dont know what platform most of the coins websites are using, but its plain obvious they are all using near identical templates.
I see that silkcoin.com is parked with godaddy.com
I dont know if its possible to find the owner and see if it can be purchased.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 10:48:30 PM

I just purchased the domain silkcoin.us for this community to use. I will let the named marketers use it to promote silkcoin, etc. No charge. Maybe as a marketing tactic you can use the .US as US the silkcoin community. Just a thought.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 10:57:52 PM

From what i understand from reading everything here, bholzer is basically acting as an interim dev.

Hmm, then we have there our little hickup for good progress in the coin. Other problem i have is this. The original devs perhaps have millions of coins. Now the community is going to invest in the development en with great luck and superior coding maybe we get lucky and the coin starts up again gaining trust and investors. The value is rising, and who get's all the money? The original devs. And to be honest....that sucks!

Think there are a lot of problems we are going to face to build this coin back up. There has to be some kind of meeting of people who are trying to build this all up and ask our self...how much is it worth to bring SC back up? Is it not better to pick a different name, but with the same ideas the original dev(s) had and start all over?

Yes, i know that this means that the original coins are worthless then. But please, do we really want to invest a lot of money, time and effort just to make the original devs rich? I mean, with every 1mil coins with a price of $0.05 makes $50.000, just for doing nothing. If everyone answers my question with a yes, then we have a strong based community and then we can work this out together. But the problem remains that we do not have a steady dev team already, is a little fucked up, if i may say so.

It's a discussion question, not a fud one.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:05:37 PM

I just purchased the domain silkcoin.us for this community to use. I will let the named marketers use it to promote silkcoin, etc. No charge. Maybe as a marketing tactic you can use the .US as US the silkcoin community. Just a thought.

really, i don't want to insult you or whatever, but i would not use your domain. Firstly, we do not know you (only 5 posts and no credit build up), perhaps you are the original dev (who knows). Second, your wallet address also shows us you don't have a single coin in it. So, what's in it for you? Please, don't take this up as an insult. My work is privacy and security related and your post is just ringing a security bell. No offense.
mamba

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:08:40 PM

really, i don't want to insult you or whatever, but i would not use your domain. Firstly, we do not know you (only 5 posts and no credit build up), perhaps you are the original dev (who knows). Second, your wallet address also shows us you don't have a single coin in it. So, what's in it for you? Please, don't take this up as an insult. My work is privacy and security related and your post is just ringing a security bell. No offense.

Man.... Go easy on him... How does it matter if he is the original dev?
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:17:32 PM

It's a security breach which you do not want to have later on when this coin succeeds. If he want to hand it over to the new born dev team incl. the EPP code then there should be no problem. If not, i would not advice it.
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:24:52 PM

Hmm, then we have there our little hickup for good progress in the coin. Other problem i have is this. The original devs perhaps have millions of coins. Now the community is going to invest in the development en with great luck and superior coding maybe we get lucky and the coin starts up again gaining trust and investors. The value is rising, and who get's all the money? The original devs. And to be honest....that sucks!

Think there are a lot of problems we are going to face to build this coin back up. There has to be some kind of meeting of people who are trying to build this all up and ask our self...how much is it worth to bring SC back up? Is it not better to pick a different name, but with the same ideas the original dev(s) had and start all over?

Yes, i know that this means that the original coins are worthless then. But please, do we really want to invest a lot of money, time and effort just to make the original devs rich? I mean, with every 1mil coins with a price of $0.05 makes $50.000, just for doing nothing. If everyone answers my question with a yes, then we have a strong based community and then we can work this out together. But the problem remains that we do not have a steady dev team already, is a little fucked up, if i may say so.

i actually wanted to do such a post myself, but you already did it.
too many holes in this whole story, nobody knows how much sc's are still in the  hand of the scammers and who the scammers are actually are.

you could right now ride in there second scam. ( not trying to call someone here out)

i would rather burn my money instead of spending one single cent in silkcoin.

take this idea and make a new coin, fresh start.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Grifftech2k4

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:26:46 PM

odds are the original devs have already cashed out. I think a lot of people would like to see this coin come back as they do have a lot of money invested in it, myself included, and would like it to be worth something again.

Just dumping it because the old "might" still have coins is not a good enough reason.

Again I see NO way the original devs still have any of the premine left. They knew the ship was going down and the first thing they would have done was to sell it all off.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:32:15 PM

odds are the original devs have already cashed out. I think a lot of people would like to see this coin come back as they do have a lot of money invested in it, myself included, and would like it to be worth something again.

Just dumping it because the old "might" still have coins is not a good enough reason.

Again I see NO way the original devs still have any of the premine left. They knew the ship was going down and the first thing they would have done was to sell it all off.

I dont think the original devs hold any SC, the premine was dumped when it was only worth $6k

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:40:39 PM

Personally i also think they do not own a lot of them. But this rich list shows us still wallets which have not been touched after the big dump. Wallets with millions in it with a total of 10-15 million coins.
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:46:09 PM

Personally i also think they do not own a lot of them. But this rich list shows us still wallets which have not been touched after the big dump. Wallets with millions in it with a total of 10-15 million coins.

it is possible some of those might be exchanges, since no one can withdraw coins from exchanges.

Why risk screwing over honest people who work hard for their money and invested in SC to scrap the coin because you "think" the devs could maybe possibly by some off chance when hell freezes over still have their coins.

Let's rebuild this!
bholzer (OP)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

The Murraycoin Project ▪ Lead Developer

View Profile WWW
June 26, 2014, 11:47:53 PM

Will be back with an update later tonight, guys - progress is being made.

Also, if we can confirm which wallet addresses(s) belonged to the original dev(s), there are ways I can remove them from the equation. Obviously we would have to be 100% certain. Perhaps it isn't worth discussing quite yet but just throwing that out there.

murrayCOIN The Only Currency Worthy of the NameBitcointalk Thread BTC: 1KY5kptnac4HLbF9Rn1Y6J8wPrM734db42
fat mike

Activity: 20

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:52:42 PM

The scammer dumped his coins already, the large wallets would belong to exchanges who have frozen withdrawals for now. .
Grifftech2k4

View Profile
June 26, 2014, 11:53:51 PM

Also, if we can confirm which wallet addresses(s) belonged to the original dev(s), there are ways I can remove them from the equation. Obviously we would have to be 100% certain. Perhaps it isn't worth discussing quite yet but just throwing that out there.

Oh that would be awesome! Smiley I like the way you think!
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:01:34 AM

The scammer dumped his coins already, the large wallets would belong to exchanges who have frozen withdrawals for now. .

+1

BadAss.Sx
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 27, 2014, 12:05:28 AM

Nope, they have the same amount for more then 7 days now. But hey, if everyone is ok with it, then there should be no problem with that. But there are still problems like domain(name), funds, dev team, shady name, promotion and the loss of trust from investors. If we can overcome this (specially the creation of a new dev team) it has potential to come back stronger then it was. If the crew also reveal their identity like the Vericoin crew did, then we are standing in front of a new dimension of cryptos. Instead of calling it the dev team, we better call it a foundation. And with the decentralized social media and marketplace in your wallet, it is like you take the first step on the moon as in 1969.
mafort1469

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:29:16 AM

It's a security breach which you do not want to have later on when this coin succeeds. If he want to hand it over to the new born dev team incl. the EPP code then there should be no problem. If not, i would not advice it.

OK, let me be the first for transparency then. My name is Marc Fortenberry and my email is marc.fortenberry@yahoo.com. I have allowed all to see it on my profile page now. I have a facebook account so due your research folks. I am a noob to all of this and definitely not the dev. Anyway i would most certainly hand the domain over to the new devs no problem including the EPP code. In regards to my BTC address I do not have any in it. All I have is approx 35k SC on MP and approx 20k on Bittrex. I can give you those addresses if you like. Any other questions I am more than happy to answer. I just want to be part of this SC community. Thanks.
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 12:46:01 AM

Nope, they have the same amount for more then 7 days now. But hey, if everyone is ok with it, then there should be no problem with that. But there are still problems like domain(name), funds, dev team, shady name, promotion and the loss of trust from investors. If we can overcome this (specially the creation of a new dev team) it has potential to come back stronger then it was. If the crew also reveal their identity like the Vericoin crew did, then we are standing in front of a new dimension of cryptos. Instead of calling it the dev team, we better call it a foundation. And with the decentralized social media and marketplace in your wallet, it is like you take the first step on the moon as in 1969.

I dont see it as a shady name, the term "silk road" was originally an ancient trade route, nothing to do with the black market.
That name was adopted for that black market site, so they never come up with the name themselves.

Anyway, i think the word "silk" describes something expensive and luxurious - something that is rare in cryptos.

sanworld

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 27, 2014, 01:33:30 AM

Well that's wonderful,looking forward to your update!buy buy buy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: