Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:03:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mbishop75

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:55:18 PM

mbishop75 - yeah you are right but It was a bit intentional.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new logo design.  If we want to change the name, I would suggest something more like Novus which is Latin for new, fresh, young, revived, and refreshed.  That would work well with your logo, IMHO.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitTome

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:11:43 PM

In your wallet.dat are all your coins backed up.

I am not sure. I just clicked backup wallet under file option in my wallet when SC wallet was loading fine.

Only thing you could do is try...

backup your C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Silkcoin folder.  Then remove the Silkcoin folder and run the silkcoin qt again.  Then exit the wallet.  It should create a brand new folder in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\ called Silkcoin.  Copy your wallet.dat file in there and start the Silk coin wallet and all should be well.
jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:17:51 PM

I am not sure. I just clicked backup wallet under file option in my wallet when SC wallet was loading fine.

backup your C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\Silkcoin folder.  Then remove the Silkcoin folder and run the silkcoin qt again.  Then exit the wallet.  It should create a brand new folder in C:\Users\<User Name>\AppData\Roaming\ called Silkcoin.  Copy your wallet.dat file in there and start the Silk coin wallet and all should be well.

I am overwhelmed!!

I got my SC wallet working. http://imgur.com/bAI7KsZ Trying to migrate wallet.dat from backup.
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 07:22:40 PM

Forward progress is good progress!

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
jaipagare

Activity: 514
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:23:52 PM

I am overwhelmed!!

I got my SC wallet working. http://imgur.com/bAI7KsZ Trying to migrate wallet.dat from backup.

Now, how do I import SC backup wallet?
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:18:44 PM

I am overwhelmed!!

For the sake of safety... follow these instructions

1. Right click on your wallet.dat. 
2. Select copy.
3. Go to your search bar.
4. Search %appdata% - type it exactly like this.  The hidden folder called roaming will now display as an option
5. Double click 'roaming'
6. Scroll through folders in 'roaming' until you find silkcoin
7. In silkcoin folder there should be a new wallet.dat.  this will be the one that says you have 0 coins. 
8. For safety, move this wallet.dat to your desktop into a new folder.  Name folder something youll remember.
9. Right click and paste your old backuped wallet.dat into this folder
10. Restart your silkcoin client.  Once synced your coins will be there.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:07:16 AM

For the record folks.  Arteleis and hanzlambrecht.  Same guy.  Thats me. Sorry for any confusion.  Thought that was implied. 

Arteleis is a dark forest elf.  Hanz is a very cool german guy.  haha

Have posted my skype and gchat info for anyone that wants to chat.

hanzlambrecht@gmail.com
skype and gchat/gmail

Im Working continuously to help make this community better.   Im addicted to it.  This may be the first time in crypto history that coin is community run, completely decentralized with technological trust achievements in place.

However I can help. I'm in.

Working on a voting platform to kick me and anyone else that could possibly fuck with this community again.
Im hoping that whatever this may become is adopted by crypto in general, and sets an example for the greedy fucks that are ruining it for people that actually believe in something.

New finalized update enroute.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 01:17:57 AM

Genius.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:27:57 AM

For the record folks.  Arteleis and hanzlambrecht.  Same guy.  Thats me. Sorry for any confusion.  Thought that was implied. 

hanzlambrecht@gmail.com
skype and gchat/gmail

Im Working continuously to help make this community better.   Im addicted to it.  This may be the first time in crypto history that coin is community run, completely decentralized with technological trust achievements in place.

Working on a voting platform to kick me and anyone else that could possibly fuck with this community again.
Im hoping that whatever this may become is adopted by crypto in general, and sets an example for the greedy fucks that are ruining it for people that actually believe in something.

arteleis +1

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 01:48:56 AM

hanzlambrecht@gmail.com
skype and gchat/gmail

Love it. I'm sure there are many that have dreamt of this but were unable to do something about it. This could be a new era in crypto thanks to you and the community's vision and generosity. Can't wait to see where this goes.
BrianJaye

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:00:11 AM

mbishop75 - yeah you are right but It was a bit intentional.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the new logo design.  If we want to change the name, I would suggest something more like Novus which is Latin for new, fresh, young, revived, and refreshed.  That would work well with your logo, IMHO.

Yeah, I like Novus. Just one word, simple and fresh sounding.
BitTome

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:38:30 AM

I am overwhelmed!!

You're welcome!
j5crypto

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:59:52 AM

I take back what i said. It's not normal for the dev to post that on the main page and then never give any updates. Using the momentum of the old community to start the new one is probably a fail so far. Not looking good and the price drops show more and more abandonment. adios
arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:02:06 AM

https://github.com/hanzlambrecht/silkcoin/releases/

Updated Silkcoin Qt release - version 1.0.9.3

1.  Fixed crashes (all platforms)

2.  Added seednodes for users unable to get nodes

3.  Fixed missing dll issue with windows

4.  Fixed file permisions for unix/macos

5.  Fixed QT crash on startup (all os)

6.  Updated/fixed checkpoints

silkcoin-qt-1.0.9.3-win32.zip attached
  DFAB15843DCA0F40631B247403714B04

Official blockchain download .zip attached
  ad84f866b3e514517dcf42c6b6441a87

Some users may experience getting stuck in sync. 
In this case reload client or download the blockchain. 

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:27:38 AM

In the meantime, we're hiring!
Have you got what it takes?

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:31:25 AM

I take back what i said. It's not normal for the dev to post that on the main page and then never give any updates. Using the momentum of the old community to start the new one is probably a fail so far. Not looking good and the price drops show more and more abandonment. adios

Sorry don't understand this post.

Bitcoinasourus

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:31:16 AM

Pretty sure we haven't chosen a dev yet. Bholzer was offering his assistance. Anyone who is qualified can have the job. Who isn't the lst dev.
j5crypto

Activity: 84

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:05:09 AM

Sorry don't understand this post.

Most people are moving on. basically.
kewlya

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:09:44 AM

Pretty sure we haven't chosen a dev yet. Bholzer was offering his assistance. Anyone who is qualified can have the job. Who isn't the lst dev.

the sooner you understand that bholzer bailed on this coin, the better for the coin.

i wouldnt trust bholzer even if he comes back after all this silence ( while he active on other threads ) with some statement that he was busy. dont tell me someone dont have 2 minutes spare time to post on thread and update people , for sure he had time to post long answers on other threads ( check his post history ). the ideea is simple, this coin need a new and ACTIVE DEV.

we need more funds to be donated and hire some competent devs ( i was thinking to contact the vericoin devs, maybe they can help us, since they are 3 )
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 07:43:24 AM

the sooner you understand that bholzer bailed on this coin, the better for the coin. ( find a new dev quick before SC dies )

bholzer definitely did not seem like the kind of person who would bail without a word. Maybe there has been a misunderstanding about the 1.0.9.3 release? Or about bholzer's role? Or about the donations? Just wild guessing here...

I would be surprised if hes bailed, if he's bailed, there is little we can trust here.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: