Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 01:15:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Dimitry

Activity: 896
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 02:49:58 PM

Despite now being at my office, I will take what free moments I have to start posting my ideas.

First:
Arteleis, do you have admin privileges on this thread?
We need to sticky the Trello board link at the top of each page, which can be done by spoofing it as a survey.
Trello is a fantastic organizational platform and will be key to us making real progress.

https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding

Also, I suggest you remove the lamp & treasure wallpaper -- it's blingy, but in my opinion is amateurish and distracting. I think a washed version of the camel graphic would be optimal. I can provide a Photoshop'ed version tonight if you let me know the correct resolution.

Ben

I think bholzer has the privileges. So we need a new ANN thread.

I agree with the big wallpaper it's nice but not for now.
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transidium

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:06:17 PM

Next:

We need to take a full inventory of all the digital assets owned & operated by the SilkCoin community.

• All URL's
    BCT threads
    Twitter accounts
    Facebook page
    Reddit board
    Trello board
    Github account
    E-mail accounts

-- Who controls each, and which of those controllers are active in this rebuilding?
 -- Which of those assets are controlled by members of SC-gen1 and should be considered unavailable?

This inventory, once complete, needs to be posted on a prominent card on the Trello board, as well as maintained on a new, self-moderated SC-gen2 DevTeam thread.

(... By the way, I love SLK as a new ticker symbol, if that change can be made without affecting the blockchain)

Ben
ethereal73

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:37:52 PM

Next:

We need to take a full inventory of all the digital assets owned & operated by the SilkCoin community.

• All URL's
    BCT threads
    Twitter accounts
    Facebook page
    Reddit board
    Trello board
    Github account
    E-mail accounts

-- Who controls each, and which of those controllers are active in this rebuilding?
 -- Which of those assets are controlled by members of SC-gen1 and should be considered unavailable?

This inventory, once complete, needs to be posted on a prominent card on the Trello board, as well as maintained on a new, self-moderated SC-gen2 DevTeam thread.

(... By the way, I love SLK as a new ticker symbol, if that change can be made without affecting the blockchain)

Ben

Wrong priority.
Bholder just started this new thread, starting to program a new wallet, no more, no less.
Who is taking care off getting people with the needed skills together?
Just a week down the drain.
If this continues for another 3 or 4 days without any positive movement, the coin will slowly die.

armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:42:01 PM

Next:

• All URL's
    BCT threads
    Twitter accounts
    Facebook page
    Reddit board
    Trello board
    Github account
    E-mail accounts

Ben

Wrong priority.
Bholder just started this new thread, starting to program a new wallet, no more, no less.
If this continues for another 3 or 4 days without any positive movement, the coin will slowly die.

I think 3-4 more days is a long time, we need something before

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
ethereal73

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 03:49:07 PM

Next:

• All URL's
    BCT threads
    Twitter accounts
    Facebook page
    Reddit board
    Trello board
    Github account
    E-mail accounts

Ben

Wrong priority.

I think 3-4 more days is a long time, we need something before
Let's see who will get this on track this time, a few days ago i tried, and found myself overruled by bholder.
Fine by me, no one knows me here, so i stepped back.
But what i see now is lets say it as i see it, a organisational nightmare.

Crypt0Keeper

Activity: 150
Merit: 100

Ad Libertas!

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2014, 04:10:43 PM

Next:

• All URL's
    BCT threads
    Twitter accounts
    Facebook page
    Reddit board
    Trello board
    Github account
    E-mail accounts

Ben

Agreed.  That would be an excellent summary card to add to Trello.  I like SLK or SILK as the new ticker.

Now, the fact of the matter is that we need a new lead.  Bohlzer doesn't want to or can't.  Either way, we at least need a temporary lead to make some decisions until we have a voting system in place to officially elect leaders/positions.  We're running into a prime example of why it's so hard to move forward while employing full democracy.  Sometimes people just need to make decisions.

--Silkcoin Reddit Moderator--
https://silknetwork.org
Transidium

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:41:26 PM

Ethereal, the reasoning behind my post comes down to these key points:

• We need to immediately consolidate our efforts, shedding connections with any toxic/inaccessible assets.
  • We need a defined management structure, identifying each participant and his specific role. People will be responsible for their tasks, rewarded accordingly.
  • We need to immediately and proactively hire a new developer, someone with a proven track record. The reality is that anybody who volunteers pro bono is not going to be as dedicated or as skilled as this coin requires right now. ... Arteleis, if you have confirmed devs who are 100% on board, we'll want at least their SN's on record.

Again, I will be putting up bounties tonight, starting with a 60,000 SC block, and I will be happy to donate more after the first ones are claimed.

Ben
Transidium

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 04:48:00 PM

Crypt0Keeper, we're on the same page about the disadvantages of a decentralized democracy under crisis conditions.

As today develops and after I post my more in-depth ideas/bounties tonight, I expect that no one will oppose my stepping up as interim managing director, deferring to Arteleis's seniority as interim "CEO". I have relevant real-world experience to apply.

Ben
Transidium

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:08:58 PM

Now would be a good time for anybody who has made contributions to this rebuilding thread to put their hand up, to nominate themselves for a defined, accountable position within the team.

- CTO
- Programmers
- Visual Design Manager
- Web Dev
- Social Media Coordinator
- Thread Moderator
- Treasurer/Escrow Manager

... for example

Ben
ahbartsch

Activity: 165
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:10:12 PM

Essentially what it sounds like we need is a board of directors who run the shoes and make quick decisions but still have a democratic infrastructure in place to make larger overarching decisions as well as eleviating bad seeds. The foundation is the most important thing. Take time with it. Get it right. Everything is built upon it and it better be damn level.
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:21:01 PM

Hello SilkCoin Community,

My name is Benjamin Koslik.
I live in Toronto, Canada.
I'm a significant SilkCoin stakeholder, and have been steadily buying, including as recently as this morning.
I'm typically a sidelines investor, but have been inspired to come on board here to offer my expertise.
Yes, I registered for BCT specifically to join this team.
SilkCoin deserves to succeed. From the hard work and passion I see here, with people like Arteleis leading, it will succeed.

I'm here to help.

I have a job and need to leave for it right now.
But I will be back this evening and have a ton of ideas for how we can streamline and turbocharge SilkCoin's rebirth.

I also have a block of SilkCoin to donate for bounties, totalling 60,000 SC. This will be discussed tonight.

Enjoy the day, be excited about our future!

Ben

Awesome man, welcome!

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
ethereal73

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:21:25 PM

• We need to immediately consolidate our efforts, shedding connections with any toxic/inaccessible assets.
  • We need a defined management structure, identifying each participant and his specific role. People will be responsible for their tasks, rewarded accordingly.
  • We need to immediately and proactively hire a new developer, someone with a proven track record. The reality is that anybody who volunteers pro bono is not going to be as dedicated or as skilled as this coin requires right now. ... Arteleis, if you have confirmed devs who are 100% on board, we'll want at least their SN's on record.

Again, I will be putting up bounties tonight, starting with a 60,000 SC block, and I will be happy to donate more after the first ones are claimed.

Ben

I see what you are trying, its not the effort people putting in to SC, its how.
Despite off the efforts Bholder is putting in to SC, its not a developer who safe the coin now.

Developers learn, and most off them learn fast, one or two dev's with knowledge about coin development, and 4-5 devs learning along the way is also a option.

But first SC need 1 at most 2 persons who can setup a new team, both should be backed by the community.
Without it its gonna be a mess.

Roel.

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:23:34 PM

Despite now being at my office, I will take what free moments I have to start posting my ideas.

First:
Arteleis, do you have admin privileges on this thread?
We need to sticky the Trello board link at the top of each page, which can be done by spoofing it as a survey.
Trello is a fantastic organizational platform and will be key to us making real progress.

https://trello.com/b/YfCUpW9h/silk-coin-rebuilding

Also, I suggest you remove the lamp & treasure wallpaper -- it's blingy, but in my opinion is amateurish and distracting. I think a washed version of the camel graphic would be optimal. I can provide a Photoshop'ed version tonight if you let me know the correct resolution.

Ben

No no privledges on this thread.  Will need to relaunch new one.

Haha yeh the camel and lamp can go.  Will replace with logos instead.  Threw everything up fast.

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:24:44 PM

Essentially what it sounds like we need is a board of directors who run the shoes and make quick decisions but still have a democratic infrastructure in place to make larger overarching decisions as well as eleviating bad seeds. The foundation is the most important thing. Take time with it. Get it right. Everything is built upon it and it better be damn level.

Exactly.  The united states of bitcoin.  Paid for in silk.

arteleis

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:34:42 PM

Ben

Despite off the efforts Bholder is putting in to SC, its not a developer who safe the coin now.

Developers learn, and most off them learn fast, one or two dev's with knowledge about coin development, and 4-5 devs learning along the way is also a option.

But first SC need 1 at most 2 persons who can setup a new team, both should be backed by the community.

Roel.

Sorry what do you mean by SN number?  Youll notice the contributions on github and where they came from.

For new thread, we'll make a list of who is on board and post.  Currently work done is placed on the bounty reccomendations and will need to be paid out once this economy is complete.
  I donated about 45k silk for the client upgrades directly to the dev to ensure stable client before release.  Also wanted to ensure that there was the largest base of silk for chosen development by community and new team.
     I have more silk to donate for the development of this project and benefit of the community.

A team of 5 or more full time devs is of course the best plan and i believe is what everyone is working towards.

armlock

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:46:38 PM

Ben

Roel.

Sorry what do you mean by SN number?  Youll notice the contributions on github and where they came from.

For new thread, we'll make a list of who is on board and post.  Currently work done is placed on the bounty reccomendations and will need to be paid out once this economy is complete.
  I donated about 45k silk for the client upgrades directly to the dev to ensure stable client before release.  Also wanted to ensure that there was the largest base of silk for chosen development by community and new team.
     I have more silk to donate for the development of this project and benefit of the community.

A team of 5 or more full time devs is of course the best plan and i believe is what everyone is working towards.

I donated 5 k silk and I am committed to helping more 50 k donation but need to feel things moving forward

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
SWISS
MADE
coolsaint99

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 05:56:58 PM

Where is Bholzer? We trusted on him. If he really lied us, I think this will be dangerous for his reputation in the crypto-community and his Murraycoin.

I am still holding my 500k sc coins. Still hoping for the best.
ethereal73

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:03:00 PM

Ben

Roel.

Don't get me wrong, its not the work/money people are putting in to SC, that's just great.
Its how.
Who takes the lead? who makes the basic decisions?

Roel.

mbishop75

Activity: 25

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:16:20 PM

Don't know how many times I need to say it, but I am a professional C/C++/C# developer and will volunteer my services.
Last night I spoke with arteleis about the market data bugs and I already have fixes that I'm testing now. 

Once I'm done testing my fixes, I'll submit to arteleis for release on GitHub.

Also, I sent two messages to bholzer offering to help, but got no response.  My offer still stands and don't want to step on toes, nor do I want to waste my time fixing things that are being fixed in another branch of code.
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
July 03, 2014, 06:18:37 PM

So is this coin going to come back? Any decisions made yet, or any plans/roadmap in restoring Silkcoin?

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: