Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 10:03:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SC] SilkCoin - Takeover and Rebuilding Discussion/Proposal  (Read 60561 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:47:46 AM

I think you guys need to talk with the old main graphics developer and try and get him to sign on. He mentioned that we was going off on his own to start silky. Try and see if he can update graphics and help with a new website. The guy is quality and not easy to replace.

You must be kidding dude...  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

That guy (wulfensomething) has probably been identified as one of the two original dev-scammers. During the critical hours, instead of providing any explanation, he had been writing that it's game over for silkcoin and we'd better fork to silky and such BS. He tried to exploit dude and start a new coin. If you are not him posting under another account name, then you must be truly insane. My 2 cents.

Unfortunately this seems to have been proven correct. He did do good work, but does not seem to be a good man.  If there is evidence to support otherwise perhaps there should be a review.

I assume this is wulfcastle you are referring to?
Ive been messaged by him earlier in the peace and his style of writing seems rather much that of the scammers.

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
arteleis

Activity: 630
Merit: 505

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:50:33 AM

I've added all trello members to a review card at the Grand Bazaar.  Please review and post comments.

SILKCOIN - DARKSILK - SILKWEAVER - FREEDOM
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 06:56:42 AM

I've added all trello members to a review card at the Grand Bazaar.  Please review and post comments.

Ive just tested that revision and its working flawlessly!  Cheesy

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:11:59 AM

Who released this version? Bholzer?

No we are still waiting for Bholzer to release. Have had a few senior BTT members willing to lend a hand for the interim as we need a stable wallet.  Once everyone on trello has confirmed it works, I will post it here.

arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:13:11 AM

Who released this version? Bholzer?

No we are still waiting for Bholzer to release. Have had a few senior BTT members willing to lend a hand for the interim as we need a stable wallet.  Once everyone on trello has confirmed it works, I will post it here.

Please hold posting version in forum until Bazaar members have tested.  Don't want to release an untested version in the forum quite yet.   Wink

arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:15:08 AM

arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:24:45 AM

Current voting poll on rebranding.
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52
Silkcoin 56%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 7%
Silk 34%
SilkCrypto 1%
P2P Bazaar - Ecosystem 0%
Silk Exchange - Ecosytem 0%
Phenocoin 2%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%
Total votes: 89

Please post on forum if another vote will be needed as question was raised about silkcoin2, silkcoin2.0, silkcoin 1.1 etc.

I can make another poll if this is the case. 

At the moment it seems overwhelmingly that the name Silkcoin is chosen to remain the same.

The name will need to be finalized before moving forward with web development/marketing/fundraising.
We currently have 3 web developers in trello (maybe more?  Smiley) and translators for 4 different languages.
Multiple marketing and social media campaign ideas ready to be chosen and implemented.

The Camel Marches On. Grin

arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:26:18 AM

In the meantime, we're hiring!
Have you got what it takes?

Mr.Joker

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 07:50:19 AM

Sent 10000 silk to fund.

We need to lift it asap.

The longer we wait, the more difficult it is going to be to get attention again. With the current price, The Silkcoin donations aren't worth that much.

Isn't there any place where we can do a request for hiring new devs??? This is the most important thing now.

People that want to invest, want to know what the future plans are of this coin.

I am not sure if this coin will survive with the same investors without new devs, because people who have SilkCoins at the moment, aren't going to invest in it again if there is no serious plan
arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:07:03 AM

By cleaning the cookies and disconneting/reconnecting the modem, one can vote multiple times. I bet the old dev has voted two dozens of times already for silkcoin. Cheesy

Some thoughts: perhaps the right to vote should be earned by making a donation of N minimum SC.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find enough time to fully explore trello yet. Wouldn't it be possible to create a group of members with the 'right to vote' and let voting take place there?

Yes we are exploring the idea of having a diminishing paid to vote system - whereas 1 silk= 1 vote up to 20k and diminishes accordingly after that.  2fA and captcha to combat bots.  All funds for voting go to development of project.  Is in web development card presently at the bazaar.

arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:09:38 AM

Sent 10000 silk to fund.

We need to lift it asap.

The longer we wait, the more difficult it is going to be to get attention again. With the current price, The Silkcoin donations aren't worth that much.

Isn't there any place where we can do a request for hiring new devs??? This is the most important thing now.

People that want to invest, want to know what the future plans are of this coin.

I am not sure if this coin will survive with the same investors without new devs, because people who have SilkCoins at the moment, aren't going to invest in it again if there is no serious plan

Yes there are presently devs for hire, but are waiting for bholzer to finish as we want to give him the chance to complete his work.  There is a client upgrade presently in testing, and once confirmed will be released.

arteleis

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 08:10:19 AM

By cleaning the cookies and disconneting/reconnecting the modem, one can vote multiple times. I bet the old dev has voted two dozens of times already for silkcoin. Cheesy

Some thoughts: perhaps the right to vote should be earned by making a donation of N minimum SC.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find enough time to fully explore trello yet. Wouldn't it be possible to create a group of members with the 'right to vote' and let voting take place there?

Yes we are exploring the idea of having a diminishing paid to vote system - whereas 1 silk= 1 vote up to 20k and diminishes accordingly after that.  2fA and captcha to combat bots.  All funds for voting go to development of project.  Is in web development card presently at the bazaar.

Sorry arteleis, didn't notice it.

Lol its okay, I've posted quite a bit of stuff in the last few days. haha

BrianJaye

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:18:54 AM

There was a poll the other day. Last I saw "Silkcoin" was overtaking all the options. http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52

I really like "PhenoCoin" as a name but maybe just not for this particular coin.

Personally when I hear Pheno, I feel like it has a negative connotation because "Phenobarbital is a barbiturate, nonselective central nervous system depressant which is primarily used as a sedative hypnotic and also as an anticonvulsant in subhypnotic doses" (definition from rxlist.com).

In an earlier post someone mentioned “phoenix coin”.

It started me thinking about whether or not its possible to do a rebrand without everyone loosing what they already have.

I don’t know if you can change the name and identity and still keep everyone’s coins intact? i.e. will the exchanges allow for a different name but same coin? – again, I’m not a Dev just a designer/marketer. If that is not possible, then I DO NOT suggest a rebranding. But if it is possible then I think we should and here is why:

• Currently the name Silk Coin is tainted - The community will support it and some others but it's important to separate ourselves from the negativity so others will give it a second look.
  • The name of the coin is not only tainted but even if it had gone on with no problems it still reminds people of Silk Road and all the negative aspects that came from that. Its going to be hard for a lot of professional people to get behind it.
  • We have the opportunity to really make something more than just a “coin recovery”/community take-over out of this but rather an amazing story.

From a marketing angle, there are so many reasons to rebrand. - again, as long as it does not cause the community to lose everything.

I don’t think “Phoenix Coin” is the answer, its too long of a name to be memorable and its somewhat cliché. – no offense intended because I think the name was on the right course it was just too long, too many syllables. I also think currencies with the word “coin” in them are way over done now and get lost in the mix. Silk had a lot of potential to be more than another “Coin".

I looked for a name that had some deep meaning, was short enough to have the whole name in the ticker symbol for better branding (5 characters in length) but still held the idea of “Phoenix Coin”.

I came up with concept of “Pheno” – it is a play off the word “Phoenix” but also has the following meanings as a prefix:

From Google Definitions:

http://s3.postimg.org/61exm0hur/Pheno_Def.png

Derived from Benzien

Creative Interpretation – “Pheno is derived from something that became toxic

Wikipedia about “Pheno-types - the "Showing" part of the defenition.” - “…the composite of an organism's observable characteristics or traits… …results from the expression of an organism's genes as well as the influence of environmental factors and the interactions between the two…:

Creative Interpretation"Pheno, the rebirth of Silk, has been caused by negative “environmental” factors but is now the expression of the community’s genetic make-up and interactions. It is our aim to continue a promising technology but also “showing” what is possible when altcoin communities band together for a better purpose. ”

Symbolism:

1.   An upward moving Ticker mark
2.   Opposing sheets of folding Silk - Thought is was important to keep references to "silk" in.
3.   An interpretation of a Phoenix
4.   Smoke
5.   Launching upwards
6.   A coin “represented by the outer circle”

http://s3.postimg.org/e86xdl7xf/Pheno_1.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/hgbeqmu77/Pheno_Rise.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/hucqq8ear/Pheno_Shirt.jpg

http://s3.postimg.org/3p6xof59f/Pheno_Wood_Small.jpg

I think changing what Silk is while telling a positive story will really help with marketing but for me it would also just be great in and of itself to turn this into something amazing and positive regardless of who pays attention.

@bholzer , @Arteleis, @BadAss.Sx and everyone on the Trello boards are doing an amazing job so I hope no one feels I’m stepping on any toes here. I’ve been in branding and marketing for a long time and wanted to assist in the way I know how.

mbishop75 - yeah you are right but It was a bit intentional.
m104323419

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 09:46:42 AM

我们需要重新创建一个线程,编辑界面.发布消息,bholzer是个不可靠的人
ifxist

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:03:44 AM

Current voting poll on rebranding.
http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=53b09f5ce4b0d5f2a7af9a52
Silkcoin 56%
The Grand Bazaar - Ecosystem 7%
Silk 34%
SilkCrypto 1%
P2P Bazaar - Ecosystem 0%
Silk Exchange - Ecosytem 0%
Phenocoin 2%
FairSilk - Ecosystem 0%
Total votes: 89

Please post on forum if another vote will be needed as question was raised about silkcoin2, silkcoin2.0, silkcoin 1.1 etc.

I can make another poll if this is the case. 

At the moment it seems overwhelmingly that the name Silkcoin is chosen to remain the same.

The name will need to be finalized before moving forward with web development/marketing/fundraising.
We currently have 3 web developers in trello (maybe more?  Smiley) and translators for 4 different languages.
Multiple marketing and social media campaign ideas ready to be chosen and implemented.

The Camel Marches On. Grin

I think someone mentioned SilkStream, which I think would be a good poll option to included.
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:05:23 AM

Confirmed bro!
Mr.Joker

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:09:15 AM

This is mine

5d3bb928c594f138334305b2456b4f7dfe58e68c777b78ac7565277efc0ba7d7-000
BadAss.Sx
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1002

Bulletproof VPS/VPN/Email @ BadAss.Sx

View Profile WWW
July 02, 2014, 10:11:52 AM

How much was your donation bro?
madalieninvader

Activity: 130
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:12:03 AM

I realize that SilkCoin is NOT NOW a scam. I followed it very closely before but have since divested and given up.

I don't have time to read everything and have mostly given up on altcoins and just stick to btc with a little NXT or something to offset the unlikely event that 51% will happen, although all crypocurrencies will probably take a price hit because of panic selling if that were to happen.

I was wondering if anyone noticed all the similarities between VootCoin and SilkCoin? Almost exact same ideas, e.g. , decentralized marketplace. Then "team of devs" who may never have existed run off or something. One "dev" comes back with 8 BTC from sold premine asking to rebuild in the case of SilkCoin, 10 BTC in the case of VootCoin. Here's where they go seperate ways with VootCoin maybe going for scam 2.0 . SilkCoin has community takeover, VootCoin still has original team member or something. I still have investigating to do but any input on this would be appreciated.

Goriilajam I would've took you more seriously if you didn't accuse me of being Shimahl all the time. Nevertheless I humbly offer my public apology to gorrilajam and megaman who may have been wrong about specific details but appear to be generally right about the scam, and were taking the time and effort to warn others. Thanks for your efforts, though at the time I was criticizing both of you. Sorry.

crypto currency poker:
https://www.betcoinpoker.ag/
https://nitrogensports.eu/
https://pokershibes.com/
https://sealswithclubs.eu/ (are you coming back seals?)

BURST: http://burstcoin.info/ Mining for everyone, ASIC resistant, wide fair distribution, many features, greener POW, Smart Contracts (Automatic Transactions)

♦  Just-Dice.com  ♦   ♦  1% House Edge Dice Game  ♦   ♦  Play or Invest  ♦
Mr.Joker

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:58:48 AM

How much was your donation bro?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 »
  Print  

Jump to: