Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 03:10:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome  (Read 116935 times)
luffy

Activity: 607
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 06:01:58 AM

more than 6 blocks the past 24h,. very very good!
the problems with disconnections, miner idle etc are caused only by my router, after a reset, no problems!
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Zamicol

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 07:22:29 AM

This is a wonderful service!  Thank you! 
JA37

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 07:48:37 AM

So, how do I see my balance? I tested your pool a few hours with a GPU so I could expect a few bitcents coming my way sometime in the future? Or are those lost until I've racked up over 1BTC?

Ponzi me: http://fxnet.bitlex.org/?ref=588
Thanks to the anonymous person who doubled my BTC wealth by sending 0.02 BTC to: 1BSGbFq4G8r3uckpdeQMhP55ScCJwbvNnG
Grinder
Legendary

Activity: 1284
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 08:02:50 AM

I made Coin Control so you can view your Eligius stats

http://coin-control.appspot.com/
Nice, but it would be more user friendly if you add a text field for the address and a submit button to this page, so people don't have to manipulate the address field.
BitMaster

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 08:17:30 AM

Why is the balance changing over time? My balance is decreasing right now.
Nythain

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 08:30:39 AM

Why is the balance changing over time? My balance is decreasing right now.

I was curious of this myself... I had to stop mining for a few minutes and a few reboots and noticed when i got back up and running my balance had dropped ~0.01 give or take. Figured it probably had something to do with how luke-jr does the shares/balance/payout system.
anisoptera

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 08:52:11 AM

People are submitting shares. You aren't. So your share of the next block goes down proportionally.

Grinder
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 09:37:04 AM

The effect would be the same on Deepbit if he was showing the expected reward.
Nythain

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 09:41:32 AM

People are submitting shares. You aren't. So your share of the next block goes down proportionally.

Meh, been decreasing consistently for the last couple hours now even submitting shares Sad oh well, having a balance to decrease better than not having a balance at all i guess.
Grinder
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 09:46:29 AM

Meh, been decreasing consistently for the last couple hours now even submitting shares Sad oh well, having a balance to decrease better than not having a balance at all i guess.
It's because the total hash rate of the pool is increasing, so your share from each block gets smaller. On the other hand more blocks will be solved in the same amount of time, so your average payout/day will be the same. I consider it a good thing.
Nythain

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 09:53:43 AM

Thanks for the explanations and clarification and perspective. Only been on Eligius for about 10 hours, so seeing things differently was a bit startling.
Nythain

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:31:10 PM

One last question/concern... Eligius doesn't pay until a "balance" goes over 1btc, and then it pays once the block is solved right? So my question/concern is, if my balance keeps going down because I'm not generating as many shares as others, even if the block gets solved faster, I will never get paid? It's been about 5-7 hours now, and i've watched my balance bounce between 0.370 and 0.379, but for every step up, its like two steps down, as im now at 0.365. At this rate, its not even the decrease thats bothering me, so much as the fact that i will never hit 1btc at this rate/as more users with better rigs join because my 78Mh/s just can't generate enough shares to net an increase in balance.

Is this totally wrong and im completely missing something? Or should i switch back to deepbit or slush if it comes back up since at least there i always went forward, never backwards in my efforts.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:49:49 PM

Your balance goes ups & downs, but what u get paid is not.
It seems the connection between the balance & current has some strange connection.
When i mine, i also gets ups & downs. But if i stop, then my balance is what was original or increased if a block was solved when i mine.
Seems as every pool this pools also takes ur shares in current block only.
So, while u mining, it will be showing u some balance, hoping that this pool solves the block & u get some bitcoins u shared for current blocks + ur original balance.
When another pool finds block, then it starts from scratch again for current block. so, again it will be reflected as down in u r balance & going up.
He is not taking ur coins or balance. But the balance connected to the current coins u MAY get.
That creating ups & downs in the balance.

I am not 100% sure about what i said above. if wrong some correct.
Grinder
Legendary

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 12:50:51 PM

If you haven't been active for a week the remaining balance will be paid. Also, the number you're looking at is just an estimate for how much you will earn for that particular round. Every time a block is solved, that reward is added to your balance, and that number will not go down if you stop mining.
luffy

Activity: 607

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:04:03 PM

i confirm the above Smiley
i had stopped mining at eligius when i saw a big reward from previous mining activities :p
kseistrup

Activity: 566

Unselfish actions pay back better

View Profile WWW
May 09, 2011, 01:16:26 PM

[The balance] will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.

How about changing this to “the balance will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or when nothing has been paid for one week, whichever comes first”?  For some of us with CPU miners it will take ages to reach 1 BTC, and getting paid at least once per week will be encouraging.

Cheers,

Klaus Alexander Seistrup
molecular
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1019

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:25:31 PM

Donations for pool may be sent to: 1RNUbHZwo2PmrEQiuX5ascLEXmtcFpooL
awesome address, how did you generate that? (assuming the "pooL" is intentional)

PGP key molecular F9B70769 fingerprint 9CDD C0D3 20F8 279F 6BE0  3F39 FC49 2362 F9B7 0769
disq

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 01:50:21 PM

Donations for pool may be sent to: 1RNUbHZwo2PmrEQiuX5ascLEXmtcFpooL
awesome address, how did you generate that? (assuming the "pooL" is intentional)

well, gavin made a patch for this a long time ago. search for "vanity" in the forum. Smiley
BitMaster

Activity: 6

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 02:55:15 PM

So there seem to be two different things:
  • Amount if Bitcoins that I have earned and will be sent to my Bitcoin adress some day. (This Amount does not change)
  • An expected value that will be added to this amount when the next Block is solved.
How can I find these two numbers?

Which of these two numbers is the number that is called "Balance" on http://coin-control.appspot.com ?

I go back to deepbit until I find an explanation how Eligius works that I actually understand. Deepbit is so successful because you get  0.00041032137601209 BTC per share, no questions asked. This is transparent and simple. I don't want to use a miner without user interface that does not dispay my balance, and if it does the balance is decreasing.

Like Einstein said: “If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough”.
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 09, 2011, 03:46:19 PM

So, how do I see my balance? I tested your pool a few hours with a GPU so I could expect a few bitcents coming my way sometime in the future? Or are those lost until I've racked up over 1BTC?
Payouts occur when your balance reaches 1 BTC, or you haven't mined for a week, whichever is sooner.

One last question/concern... Eligius doesn't pay until a "balance" goes over 1btc, and then it pays once the block is solved right? So my question/concern is, if my balance keeps going down because I'm not generating as many shares as others, even if the block gets solved faster, I will never get paid? It's been about 5-7 hours now, and i've watched my balance bounce between 0.370 and 0.379, but for every step up, its like two steps down, as im now at 0.365. At this rate, its not even the decrease thats bothering me, so much as the fact that i will never hit 1btc at this rate/as more users with better rigs join because my 78Mh/s just can't generate enough shares to net an increase in balance.
If you get 0.50 BTC from the pool twice a day, it adds up to 1 BTC. If you get 0.25 BTC from the pool four times a day, it also adds up to 1 BTC in the same time period. So no matter how your earnings-per-block change, the blocks-per-day should also be changing to make it come out the same in the end.

[The balance] will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or after 1 week of not mining on the pool.
How about changing this to “the balance will be paid out when it reaches 1 BTC or when nothing has been paid for one week, whichever comes first”?  For some of us with CPU miners it will take ages to reach 1 BTC, and getting paid at least once per week will be encouraging.
As soon as message signing becomes standardized, I hope to allow changing the minimum payout on a per-address basis.

So there seem to be two different things:
  • Amount if Bitcoins that I have earned and will be sent to my Bitcoin adress some day. (This Amount does not change)
  • An expected value that will be added to this amount when the next Block is solved.
How can I find these two numbers?

http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/blocks/latest.json includes the first.
http://luke.dashjr.org/programs/bitcoin/pool/balances.json is the total combination.

However, note that the block json files do not consider manual payouts (such as I had to do because of a bug about a week ago).

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: