Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 02:57:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [350 GH/s] "Eligius" (experimental) pool: almost feeless PPS, hoppers welcome  (Read 116928 times)
jkminkov

Activity: 698
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 12:00:37 PM

The EU pool on Eligius has been having bad luck recently.  Only two blocks solved in the past week!  Average should be about 3-4.
It's a pretty small pool, so you are going to have runs of good or bad luck like this.  When the luck is better you will make a lot, when the luck is bad, not so much.
Luke: since Eligius is still a little pool, why not join the eu and us pools together to minimize the variance?

just noted that with phatk kernel I can run on both us and eu servers and it divides hashing power evenly 50:50 unlike poclbm

.:31211457:. 100 dollars in one place talking - Dudes, hooray, Bitcoin against us just one, but we are growing in numbers!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Dusty

Activity: 731
Merit: 503

Libertas a calumnia

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 12:08:02 PM

Luke: since Eligius is still a little pool, why not join the eu and us pools together to minimize the variance?
I'm not sure why everyone assumes this is easy, or even possible... The main difficulty is finding a way to handle network issues when they can't talk.[/quote]
What I was implying was not to mine on the same block but to share revenues from found blocks of one pool with the other, and the other way around.

That should be viable because you need network connectivity only on bounty time.

Articoli bitcoin: Il portico dipinto
dudel42

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:26:10 PM

pretty new to mining -- started using the eu eligius pool yesterday, and for the first 12 hours the rate climbed as expected. but starting this morning the expected earning curve slowly flattens out and is now almost horizontal == no new earnings are being added at all. hashing rate has been a almost constant 240mh/s for the past 24 hours.

can anyone explain this behavior to me?
tiberiandusk

Activity: 575

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2011, 01:32:22 PM

pretty new to mining -- started using the eu eligius pool yesterday, and for the first 12 hours the rate climbed as expected. but starting this morning the expected earning curve slowly flattens out and is now almost horizontal == no new earnings are being added at all. hashing rate has been a almost constant 240mh/s for the past 24 hours.

can anyone explain this behavior to me?

Take the total hashing power of the EU pool and figure out what fraction of that you are contributing. That will be the maximum return you can get per block after it is split up from the 50btc. You were climbing up to that percent but cannot go above that without adding more hashing power therefore increasing the percent you are contributing.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
dudel42

Activity: 111
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 01:50:11 PM

Take the total hashing power of the EU pool and figure out what fraction of that you are contributing. That will be the maximum return you can get per block after it is split up from the 50btc. You were climbing up to that percent but cannot go above that without adding more hashing power therefore increasing the percent you are contributing.

thanks for the concise and clear explanation!

however that means something is off with my calculations: the bitcoin mining calculator shows .56 btc per 24 hours of 240mh/s, whereas on the pool it's only .36, which is a big enough difference to question rentability...
Luke-Jr (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 04:26:03 PM

bitclockers pool has 3 seperate servers, 2 in the US and 1 in the czech republic maybe have a word with them as its a great feature which makes it fully redundant too Smiley
But they don't payout immediately as part of the same block you worked on Wink
however that means something is off with my calculations: the bitcoin mining calculator shows .56 btc per 24 hours of 240mh/s, whereas on the pool it's only .36, which is a big enough difference to question rentability...
The estimate isn't per 24 hours, it's per-block; right now, Europe should find a block on average every 21 hours, which works out to 0.41 BTC every 24. You should see your estimate creep up (possibly slowly) toward the point where it reaches the full .56 BTC per 24 hours (which would be .49 BTC per 21).

whitecrow

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2011, 05:45:28 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2011, 08:19:55 PM by whitecrow

Hi,

Edit: problem solved the drivers wernd right installed so problem solved now.

sry if my post is a little bit wrong here but i still want to try

i Downloded newest version of:
BitCoin from original site
and
poclbm_py2exe_20110428

i coud install everything and when i start
it with
poclbm.exe -d1 --host=mining.eligius.st --port=8337 --user=My Acc (ya i wrote the right thing here) --pass=x

i get the msg
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
C:\...
***CAL version mismatch:
This OpenCL build requires version 1.4.879, version 1.4.636 installed.
Aborting.
No device specified or device not found, use -d to specify one of the following

• Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

i got an ATI Radeon HD 5700

i Downloded also the newest version of
AMD-APP-SDK-c2.4-Windows-64
(bevore i did this i coudnt start the mining tool i got no openCL)

So the question is why i cannot use my GPU?
If you need further information i will try to get them.

i used -d0 and it worked with my CPU i got 3,4MH/s

thx White
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 11:21:32 AM

Can some one please explain why my page suddenly not exist?
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/us/1KaSXG6ncuriX2MXpsFohT7eELNQJSiS1E.htm
http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/1KaSXG6ncuriX2MXpsFohT7eELNQJSiS1E.htm
tiberiandusk

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 11:48:15 AM

I can see them.

Bitcoin Auction House http://www.BitBid.net BTC - 1EwfBVC6BwA6YeqcYZmm3htwykK3MStW6N | LTC - LdBpJJHj4WSAsUqaTbwyJQFiG1tVjo4Uys Don't get Goxed.
dishwara
Legendary

Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 11:57:33 AM

yes now i also see them. It was not before. giving 404 error.
tiberiandusk

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 01, 2011, 03:26:15 PM

Holy color changing graph Batman! Tongue

nyargh

Activity: 25

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 03:29:01 PM

Hi there,

I've been using the pool for a few days now and I notice my "estimated" hash rate is less than 60% of my actual?  Is there any reason for this?  I'm not getting a lot of rejected or invalid blocks on my miner, and my generation rate seems to be lacking somewhat as well.

FWIW I'm using DiabloMiner. 
whitecrow

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:26:25 PM

Hi there,

I've been using the pool for a few days now and I notice my "estimated" hash rate is less than 60% of my actual?  Is there any reason for this?  I'm not getting a lot of rejected or invalid blocks on my miner, and my generation rate seems to be lacking somewhat as well.

FWIW I'm using DiabloMiner. 

what do you mean by estimated Hash rate ?

do you mean this side: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/1FjGRR6hDTGhVmQ3ZYc1QBBTJ5TQH1Vtft (your ID ofc)

if yes
theres only 1 time estimate : 1.) "Current block estimate :"
(this dosent belong to your hash rate)

the 2 things with Hash rate i found where:

2.) "This user has submitted 175 shares in the last 3 hours. This represents a contribution in average of 69.59 Mhashes/sec to the pool."

3.) "and the Graph with your Hash rate at each time."

if you mean the third:

Iam not realy shure about bitcoin and what itt dose but if iam right its like this.
- you get a block and have to calculate something
- after you done this you write your awnser
- because your computer is stupid he hase to brotforce the awnser so he juses try and error
- so there is a total of X possibles Awnsers and the pool says "You get a block and after Y Trys you have to get the awnser"
- so the pool sends you the Block and starts counting how long it takes for you to "Calculate" (its Try and Error) the awnser and he stops the time when he gets the awnser
so there are 2 Difficultis your lag in internet capacity/ping this time is your comp not calculation but the pool is counting (so you lose some Hashs)
because you try and error the awnser you mabye get the result after Y/2 so the pool things your faster then you are
same if you need 2 * Y for the awnser so the pool things you need to much time means you got low hash rate

Why i think my interpretation is right.
i followed the receved block times
normaly i thing i need 15 sec per block
but form time to time i get some 1 sec blocks (menas i get 1 block every 1 sec)
and so the pool things iam faster then iam

foir this i refer to my site: http://eligius.st/~artefact2/eu/1FjGRR6hDTGhVmQ3ZYc1QBBTJ5TQH1Vtft
i got a top pick of 170 MHash/s but my comp is only 150MHash/s for the hole time so in this time intervall i was very lucky and got some nice trys
at the end (so around 20o'clock i got only 130MHash/s but iam still running on 150MHash)

thats all i have to say to three

about second one its how many shares you got since last 3 hours if your Mining like me only in the eavaning
you start with 1 solved in 3 hours this revers to low MHash but if your going 3h with your full hash rate than the pool shoud estimate your right Hash rate

if somethigns wrong pls say whats wrong
if you want to know more about my opineone feel free to ask

White
nyargh

View Profile
June 01, 2011, 06:44:46 PM

I don't know how atefact is calculating his average, so who knows.  But since this is all about probability, over a long time period the average on the graph should approach what my miner is telling me, however it is constantly at 60% of what my miner is saying - and there are no spikes on the graph, etc. 

I'm curious if everyone else's average on the graph is in line with their own stats from their miner or if they are seeing the same deviation as I am.
irishmick

Activity: 134
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 02:21:14 AM

I've had 220 or so going to eligius for a few days. 2 hr average hashrate hovers pretty close to 220, with dips and spikes of varying degrees.

http://doge.crypto49er.com:9555         http://doge-eu.crypto49er.com:9555
Pool donations: DTPgwgDvyDL3vcnJFf33nkhBm6o2ZxVT6G
nyargh

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 04:04:22 AM

I've had 220 or so going to eligius for a few days. 2 hr average hashrate hovers pretty close to 220, with dips and spikes of varying degrees.

What miner are you using?
nyargh

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 05:18:53 AM

Now my shares don't seem to be showing up at all?  Huh

16xwypiCcnwJCFyFThhomXWy6A9uWWn4L4 is me

Back to slush...
supa
Copper Member

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 05:41:30 AM

Woo, block discovery a few minutes ago on US! Smiley

I'd also like to take a moment to say thanks - this pool is simple and elegant to set up and monitor.  No webpage clutter to bugger with and everything is very simple to find - just stick in an address and start mining.  Check your progress the same way by sticking your address after eligius.st/~artefact2/.  Can't be easier. Smiley

The rrdtool graphs give me some nostalgia to the days I was a slave to Cacti. Smiley

The charts may seem confusing at first, but they're pretty easy to get the gist of.  I don't have any major concerns with the payout amounts and it seems fair.

It would be nice to see the payout threshold much lower, but it makes perfect sense on why it's set where it is for right now.  I also find the threshold automatically paying out after 2 weeks of inactivity very nice and refreshing - I've always wondered where the microcoins went at some of the other pools....  Wink
phelix
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019

View Profile
June 02, 2011, 05:47:04 AM

The EU pool on Eligius has been having bad luck recently.  Only two blocks solved in the past week!  Average should be about 3-4.
It's a pretty small pool, so you are going to have runs of good or bad luck like this.  When the luck is better you will make a lot, when the luck is bad, not so much.
I'm not sure why everyone assumes this is easy, or even possible... The main difficulty is finding a way to handle network issues when they can't talk.
how important is ping time in mining? I am throwing my shares at the us server - from europe and it seems to work fine. (ping 130ms at the moment)
tiberiandusk

The North Remembers

View Profile WWW
June 02, 2011, 07:01:48 AM

I'm not sure why everyone assumes this is easy, or even possible... The main difficulty is finding a way to handle network issues when they can't talk.
how important is ping time in mining? I am throwing my shares at the us server - from europe and it seems to work fine. (ping 130ms at the moment)
I was mining over satellite internet and it was having empty queue errors all the time at higher aggression. I have since switch to a wireless tether to my cell phone and it seems to be doing better. My signal sucks here out in the boonies and it would probably be way better if I had more than a quarter bar.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 »
  Print  

Jump to: