Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 03:50:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT]  (Read 125054 times)
will7am (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:43:17 AM

Mintpal are one of the largest alt crypto exchanges, and they're based in London.  As for 'pump and dump', there's no reason people couldn't do it on any of the other exchanges.. It's one of those things you have no control over. Smiley

Wake up to find BritCoin was added to the Bittrex exchange in the early hours last night!

https://bittrex.com/Market/?MarketName=BTC-BRIT

Well done to everyone who helped us get listed, next we hassle MintPal. Wink

Remember, don't sell low! Smiley

Don't do mintpal. IT will get pumped and dumped to shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bigjme

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:50:29 AM

what about poloniex?
I have a few good experiences there, and its pretty big

also @will7am
don't forget to change your sig Wink

Owner of: cudamining.co.uk
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 08:53:25 AM

Wake up to find BritCoin was added to the Bittrex exchange in the early hours last night!

you know, I'm getting sick and tired of reading shit like this.

No facts, no proof. Not even a valid reason to be hating mintpal. Just some random ignorant dumbass spouting crap for no reason whatsoever.

caught!

u lost to much of ur panic sells on pump and dumps or u dont know when go in and when out??
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:02:59 AM

We have asked poloneix to add BritCoin, no response so far.  I think targeting MintPal next is the right move, they have a large user base and high volume..  Not to mention they're based in London. Smiley

Also, updated my sig.. Thanks for noticing! Cheesy

what about poloniex?
I have a few good experiences there, and its pretty big

also @will7am
don't forget to change your sig Wink

gysca

Activity: 392

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 09:03:45 AM

don't forget CoinMarketCap

Bitcointalk thread here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=199685.0

Request form here : https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IZf5cBivam_93zENT_arFFuvWDidHGjWxoTMVmFSoWg/viewform

J9901

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:06:31 AM

No facts, no proof. Not even a valid reason to be hating mintpal. Just some random ignorant dumbass spouting crap for no reason whatsoever.

caught!

u lost to much of ur panic sells on pump and dumps or u dont know when go in and when out??

Lets be honest here though...MP is a p&d. Some people say it "kills" coins, but I disagree with that. What I dont disagree with however is that when something hits MP, 95% of the time, it gets dumped, and dumped HARD.

Recently just to name a few GUE, SUPER, MIN, and last night, URO. All these coins got dumped hard...URO's value dropping 50% in less than 24 hrs.

All 4 of those coins were experiencing a happy uptrend in Bittrex. Slow & steady. Then Mintpal happened. DUMP.

All coins had potential but it created huge FUD for current holders so many dumped, and new investors are hesitant to get in. It sucks for legit coins like MIN who have huge potential, but a few days after MP add, value dropped to BELOW its original value in Bittrex pre-Mintpal add. That coin is so promising, and its probably going to take weeks to recover.

Not saying ALL coins die in MP, but usually when theres an immediate dump, it never reaches that peak anymore. Look at the MAX trend in MP will half the coins. Basically, once added in MP, there is a very high chance that the coins value will significantly decrease within 72hrs.

Dev i recommend we let BRIT mature in Bittrex. Get some features out, etc.. lets establish the coin first. Then hopefully after some weeks, we'll give mintpal a shot, but right now is seriously too premature.
bigjme

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 09:52:49 AM

As another example, JackpotCoin hit mintpal a few days back. Was sitting stable at ~24sat
Bit mintpal and check the price, dropped as of the second it hit mintpal, work around 10sat now.

I have nothing against mintpal, as i use to use it a lot but it does worry me. All the big traders are there and we all know they have very good bots that earn them a lot of money by dumping at the right time and keeping the price low

nxthing

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:09:33 AM

caught!

Lets be honest here though...MP is a p&d. Some people say it "kills" coins, but I disagree with that. What I dont disagree with however is that when something hits MP, 95% of the time, it gets dumped, and dumped HARD.

Recently just to name a few GUE, SUPER, MIN, and last night, URO. All these coins got dumped hard...URO's value dropping 50% in less than 24 hrs.

All 4 of those coins were experiencing a happy uptrend in Bittrex. Slow & steady. Then Mintpal happened. DUMP.

All coins had potential but it created huge FUD for current holders so many dumped, and new investors are hesitant to get in. It sucks for legit coins like MIN who have huge potential, but a few days after MP add, value dropped to BELOW its original value in Bittrex pre-Mintpal add. That coin is so promising, and its probably going to take weeks to recover.

Not saying ALL coins die in MP, but usually when theres an immediate dump, it never reaches that peak anymore. Look at the MAX trend in MP will half the coins. Basically, once added in MP, there is a very high chance that the coins value will significantly decrease within 72hrs.

Dev i recommend we let BRIT mature in Bittrex. Get some features out, etc.. lets establish the coin first. Then hopefully after some weeks, we'll give mintpal a shot, but right now is seriously too premature.
+1m
Once hit mintpal, I'm dumping hard!
majningmaster

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:15:46 AM

All my twitt and my emails work well yesterday as I see, im very happy Smiley
Thank you all.
Let's show bittrex how #BRIT will become the leading crypto in UK.

Will i reserving Polish translation Smiley

[XDE] DoubleEagle - Only 100! Unique and Rare! - Come Get your Free Share! - ends Nov. 21
shimlbit
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:19:50 AM

caught!

+1m

idc i  sold a my coins..i made 5x profit ...thanks! now im out of this coin..cuz country coins and watch every countrycoin on exchanges...tell me one who has a great value

when this coin get dumped to a good rebuy than im back in but its much profitable atm
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:44:43 AM

If enough people feel this way about MintPal, then we will rethink our immediate "social community support" plan Smiley

Do you guys think we should concentrate on getting published on the BBC Tech News website?  They wrote an article about KanyeCoin before, so I'm sure they'll be interested in BritCoin..  Plus they've publish countless articles about btc.

idc i  sold a my coins..i made 5x profit ...thanks! now im out of this coin..cuz country coins and watch every countrycoin on exchanges...tell me one who has a great value

Well done to you, but with regards to your country coin comment..  We believe BritCoin is the first real country specific coin, no disrespect to other coins, like ScotCoin (99% premine? lol).  And let's not forget that this is a long term project, a lot of the coins will life fast and die young, we intend to be around for a long time.

caught!

+1m

when this coin get dumped to a good rebuy than im back in but its much profitable atm

nxthing

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

If enough people feel this way about MintPal, then we will rethink our immediate "social community support" plan Smiley

Do you guys think we should concentrate on getting published on the BBC Tech News website?  They wrote an article about KanyeCoin before, so I'm sure they'll be interested in BritCoin..  Plus they've publish countless articles about btc.

idc i  sold a my coins..i made 5x profit ...thanks! now im out of this coin..cuz country coins and watch every countrycoin on exchanges...tell me one who has a great value

Well done to you, but with regards to your country coin comment..  We believe BritCoin is the first real country specific coin, no disrespect to other coins, like ScotCoin (99% premine? lol).  And let's not forget that this is a long term project, a lot of the coins will life fast and die young, we intend to be around for a long time.

caught!

+1m

idc i  sold a my coins..i made 5x profit ...thanks! now im out of this coin..cuz country coins and watch every countrycoin on exchanges...tell me one who has a great value

@Dev, you need to remove support for mintpal on your signature, concentrate on adding features and update on twitter, more community activities including facilitating volume on bittrex then may be this country coin will be diffrent from the likes of spa,isr etc!
nxthing

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:03:57 AM

bbc? That will be a good pr. However, development of the coin is what will translate to value. Crypto world and real life event are mutually exclusive. Focus on what the crypto community want and the real world acceptance and usage will take care of its self! In crypto community you either innovate or die!
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:19:19 AM

bbc? That will be a good pr. However, development of the coin is what will translate to value. Crypto world and real life event are mutually exclusive. Focus on what the crypto community want and the real world acceptance and usage will take care of its self! In crypto community you either innovate or die!

I agree with what you say, and our development and marketing strategy will be outlined in our 'road map' white-paper which should be released at some point tomorrow.  Our goals are more commercial oriented than other coins, so getting publicity within the UK through the media and concentrating on merchant acquisition and growing the userbase is how BritCoin will succeed where other coins have failed. Smiley

bigjme

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:20:36 AM

Would be nice to see BritCoin being used in some tech stores, i already know a few large stores that accept bitcoin

sanders.334

Activity: 21

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:22:53 AM

1)  You can't really "get listed" on Mintpal...if your coin shows high volume, they will add it on their own...you could go the voting route, but that will take tons of BTC and coins that get added to MP via voting usually aren't that successful anyways

2)  Getting media coverage for Britcoin would be HUGE...you should aggressively market Britcoin this way...BC once you have newsworthy video footage, you can spread it around twitter to prove your coin's legitimacy

3)  most country coins were epic failures BC they're massive premines (often 50%)...Britcoin premined 200k coins out of 10M, which is nothing....you can buy 100k Britcoin for 1BTC now, if that helps put it in perspective

4)  getting on the Keiser Report would be huge

5)  aggressively pursue the marketing routes that are free...blog interviews, video interviews, twitter marketing, etc.

6)  have a video of paying for a cup of coffee with Britcoin at a local store...if Britcion becomes as good as cash, it will become massively valuable

7)  I like the Britcoin's tech...secure, proof of stake, low inflation, negligible premine

Cool  do what Vericoin is doing...follow their lead...you don't have to reinvent the wheel

9)  I like Britcoin's branding...Britain - quality - Land Rover, Rolls-Royce, Beatles....drunkard Churchill...lol

Final point)  a)  focus on tech improvement  (i.e. do exactly EVERYTHING that Vericoin is doing)
                  b)  focus on aggressive marketing - twitter, YouTube, blogs, Keiser Report, British and other European media...etc.

With so many new coins in crypto, you have to make noise and BE AGGRESSIVE if you want to be noticed!

Best of Luck Limey's Smiley
tr0ubles0me

Activity: 51

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:33:15 AM

Has anyone bothered to check the code for hidden premine? IDK if it's just me, but everything about this coin looks terribly SAME as Dreamcoin. Even the damn logo design with that frame. I lost money dealing with Dreamcoin, so excuse my anger, but everything about this coin just rings a bell in my head, like a deja vu.

Carsen? Is that you?
Soul_eater_123
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:51:50 AM

That's a very bad idea.  Only coins that are really well established can survive on Mintpal and survive is the key word.  Nobody flourishes there.
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:09:49 PM

Well it has been clear that the BritCoin community is not fussed about getting listed on MintPal, and as such we will listen and stop our MintPal campaign.  I will remove the link from my sig and replace it with something better soon. Smiley

Thanks for the support and feedback guys, means a lot to us. Smiley

That's a very bad idea.  Only coins that are really well established can survive on Mintpal and survive is the key word.  Nobody flourishes there.

majningmaster

Activity: 186
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 12:21:37 PM

William I reserving Polish translation Smiley
Smiley

[XDE] DoubleEagle - Only 100! Unique and Rare! - Come Get your Free Share! - ends Nov. 21
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: