Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:06:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [♔] British Digital Currency | 5% annual PoS - Bittrex - Fiat to BritCoin [BRIT]  (Read 125054 times)
will7am (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 973
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:51:55 AM

so you guys are actually British? Might have to have a look at the market in a bit

Yep, we're all British..  With the exception of our Norwegian designer. Smiley  We have some exciting features and developments coming up, so now is a great time to get involved in BritCoin. Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
LordPiccolo

Activity: 1022

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 10:56:30 AM

so you guys are actually British? Might have to have a look at the market in a bit

Yep, we're all British..  With the exception of our Norwegian designer. Smiley  We have some exciting features and developments coming up, so now is a great time to get involved in BritCoin. Smiley

That's a bonus, easier to hunt you down if I lose my money lol!

What have you got coming up then? I havn't really paid much attention, my bad!

▄███████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    █████████████████████████   
    ███████           ███████   
    ███████          ▄███████   
    ███████   ▄▄▄▄███████████   
    ████████████████████████▀   
    ███████████████████▀▀▀       
    █████████████▀▀▀             
    ███████▀▀                   
    █████▀▀                     
    ▀▀▀                         

.phore.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
xD E L I V E R I N G   B L O C K C H A I N   T E C H N O L O G Yxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxT O   T H E   R E A L   W O R L Dxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
..Telegram....
..Facebook...
..Instagram...
..Youtube...
..LinkedIn...
..Twitter......
..Discord...
..Reddit.....
..Github.....
(██████████████████████████████
xphore.ioxx

██████████████████████████████████████
)
longthu

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 11:00:31 AM

willam
[/color]
you say that this week will be anon and wallet but why until now still have not seen nothing

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
███████  ████████  ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
████████████  ████████  ████████████
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
dennemann

Activity: 90
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
September 07, 2014, 02:37:34 PM

willam
[/color]
you say that this week will be anon and wallet but why until now still have not seen nothing

Anon development does not start until monday.

Designer and developer at the Britcoin project. https://twitter.com/dennemann87
Donate Britcoins: BKvch6CHCtvAvxXwSRk5nHuBCysUehfQ9P
cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 03:45:44 PM

I just wanted to say I've had a quick read through the whitepaper, and after being with Guldencoin since April time, and seeing the immense leaps forward they've made, I'd like to pick up on a couple of points.

1) Merchants And E­commerce Acquisition
This section of the whitepaper is ESSENTIAL to get Britcoin moving. In order for you to start getting merchants to accept Britcoin, they NEED a guaranteed way of exchanging their Brits into pounds, at the moment of transaction.
Some retailers might choose to hold Britcoin, but most, they'll want to be sure of the money they get, and this is the only way to ensure they come on board.
Litebit.eu is who Guldencoin partner with to ensure this happens swiftly.

2) Your offer of just 25k Brit for iOS wallet - frankly, it's going to be a shot in the dark if you get this done for such a low price. iOS developers are in huge demand, and as of yet, there's no publically available wallet that I know of (I could be wrong), but what I do know is that Guldencoin raised $3,000 in selling some of the pre-mine to get a developer to take them seriously - and by all accounts, that was a cheap price.

3. Your Britcoin for Merchants page is extremely limited - before starting to go to merchants, this should be comprehensively covered in my opinion.

I'll be keeping an eye out here to see how things develop - I was thinking to buy a significant size holding when I came across the thread, after seeing how well nation coins can thrive under the right direction.

Look forward to any feedback you may have.

Cy Smiley
dgmon

Activity: 438

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 04:27:17 PM

I just wanted to say I've had a quick read through the whitepaper, and after being with Guldencoin since April time, and seeing the immense leaps forward they've made, I'd like to pick up on a couple of points.

This section of the whitepaper is ESSENTIAL to get Britcoin moving. In order for you to start getting merchants to accept Britcoin, they NEED a guaranteed way of exchanging their Brits into pounds, at the moment of transaction.
Some retailers might choose to hold Britcoin, but most, they'll want to be sure of the money they get, and this is the only way to ensure they come on board.

2) Your offer of just 25k Brit for iOS wallet - frankly, it's going to be a shot in the dark if you get this done for such a low price. iOS developers are in huge demand, and as of yet, there's no publically available wallet that I know of (I could be wrong), but what I do know is that Guldencoin raised $3,000 in selling some of the pre-mine to get a developer to take them seriously - and by all accounts, that was a cheap price.

3. Your Britcoin for Merchants page is extremely limited - before starting to go to merchants, this should be comprehensively covered in my opinion.

Great points cy!

Re: #2, I think you devs have limited yourself by having such a small premine!
ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:13:00 PM

The volume on Bittrex is extremely low today. 0.03 BTC volume. Though only 1 BTC. To get to 1k. I know some will hate it this, but with buy walls and sell walls like we have currently, it primed for some pumper to take advantage.
leigh2k14
Legendary

Activity: 1288

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 07:51:02 PM

The volume on Bittrex is extremely low today. 0.03 BTC volume. Though only 1 BTC. To get to 1k. I know some will hate it this, but with buy walls and sell walls like we have currently, it primed for some pumper to take advantage.

The volume will pick up when we get a bit more attention.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

Token Sale Starts on [ 12 October ]
[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

ProGamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:26:26 PM

Yes, but we have to be careful not to let the volume get low enough that the coin gets delisted.
peterw1234

Activity: 181
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:33:36 PM

Yes, but we have to be careful not to let the volume get low enough that the coin gets delisted.

Bittrex won't delist a coin immediately. Nothing to worry about Roll Eyes
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 07, 2014, 08:41:44 PM

I can't see that happening, work being done on anon next week, plus the will7am is in talks with vendors.

You also forget a lot of people steer clear country coins after all pump and dumps a few months back. Once the masses realize there's legit developers with a plan to get this coin on the high street, they will come flooding in.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄▄                   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄      ▄▄▄
████████████▄       ███                ▄███████████▄            ▄██████████      ███     ███▀
███     ▀▀███▌      ███               ████▀     ▀████         ▄███▀▀     ▀▀      ███    ███▀
███       ███▌      ███              ███▀         ▀███       ▄███                ███   ███
███     ▄███▀       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███  ███
██████████▀         ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███ ███
███▀▀▀▀▀████▄       ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐██▌                 ███  ███     ███           ███
███      ▀███▌      ███             ▐██▌           ▐██▌     ▐███                 ███   ███     ███         ███
███       ███▌      ███              ███▄         ▄███        ███                ███    ███     ███       ███
███     ▄▄███▌      ███               ████▄     ▄████         ▀███▄▄     ▄▄      ███     ███▄    ███▄   ▄███
████████████▀       ███████████        ▀███████████▀            ▀██████████      ███      ███▄    ███▄ ▄███
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                  ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀       ▀▀▀     ███▄███
                                                                                                    ▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

longthu

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 04:22:27 AM

I think the dev team should push up your pump sooner rather than bittrex are tightened pump fake status
PI trading has a number of benefits for traders and markets.  For traders using automated trading it saves them time by allowing them to trade without spending physical time on markets and it reduces the emotional impact of trading. For non-automated traders, there is the additional liquidity that bots provide and badly written bots provide great opportunities.

Unfortunately, the latest crop of bots are being used to skew the order books by automatically creating orders that have no intention of being filled.  This frustrates traders who are trying to find the real price of a coin.

To combat this, we are making the following changes.

Order Entry

Number open orders per market will be limited to 10.
Only 100 orders may be placed in a one hour period on a given market.
These caps apply both to UI and API trades
API Requests

Api requests will be throttled based on data intensity and resource utilization, calls will be eligible for throttling if they exceed:

Low:  1 request per second
Medium: 1 request per 10 seconds
High: 1 request per 30 seconds
The API documentation will be updated shorty to reflect the intensity level of each call. These changes are still in draft and we're looking for community feedback.  For users and services who require higher data access levels, please contact us for potential white listing.

The changes will take effect no earlier than midnight Monday September 8th*.

_Crypto made easier than cash_
▄███▄              ▄███▄
███████            ███████
███████   ▄████▄   ███████
▄██████████  ████████  ██████████▄
▀██████████  ████████  ██████████▀
▀███▀   ████████   ▀███▀
████████
▀████▀
MenaPay.
ANN THREAD
__
Akajsoos

Activity: 39
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 08:20:46 AM

Willam good morning,
What you think about to add some speech to video?
leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 09:06:35 AM

Willam good morning,

I'm not sure what you meant by that, care to explain further?

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

jdebunt
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1010

View Profile WWW
September 08, 2014, 09:18:47 AM

Small new article :

http://www.cryptoarticles.com/crypto-news/britcoin-to-offer-optional-anonymous-transactions-soon
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:10:36 AM

I'll be keeping an eye out here to see how things develop - I was thinking to buy a significant size holding when I came across the thread, after seeing how well nation coins can thrive under the right direction.

Cy Smiley

Hi Cy!  Sorry for the late reply, Sunday evening is my designated bath, beer, movie and no internet time.  But now it's Monday morning and I'm glad to say there's a lot of exciting things going on with BritCoin this week.  We have been keeping a close eye on Guldencoin and would like to replicate their growth in adoption and price, but keep in mind that Guldencoin was launched awhile before Brit. Smiley

To answer your questions;

1.  We all understand the importance of merchant acquisition and our plans will be laid out in much more detail in our September Whitepaper.  BritCoin was launched just over 2 months ago, we needed to ensure that the network had been put through its paces and was secure before approaching merchants, now we feel that the network is up to the job, we are starting our merchant campaign.  Aside from our Android wallet that will be available soon, BritCoin will also be part of the Casheer.net app that will allow merchants to accept BritCoin and have it automatically converted to FIAT.  Casheer will be available through Google Play soon.

2.  iOS wallet support is a priority for us, and will come in due time.  25k BritCoins may not amount to a huge amount right now, but we have faith it will be in the near future.  Our Android and web wallet (BritBank) will be launched in the coming days, once these are operational we will work on getting a iOS wallet available, one way or another. Smiley

3.  I agree it's lacking content right now and our Merchants page on our site will be updated soon.  Once we have our first merchant (hopefully to be confirmed this week) we will be begin a directory/map of merchants and more information for new merchants on how to accept BritCoin.  We'll also be giving away 'bounties' for new merchants, more details to come on that though.

A big thanks for your feedback and questions, I really appreciated it.  BritCoin is still a very young currency and we're all working very hard to make this a success.  Whatever advice/feedback we can get from the community goes a long way to improving BritCoin. Smiley

will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 10:25:46 AM

Willam good morning,

I assume you mean our first promo video? (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tcENtfYUlxw)

We'll be working on an entirely new one soon, which will be much more informative and include speech audio.  No ETA on this yet, but it will come in the near future. Smiley

Thanks for the suggestion, appreciate your support. Smiley

cycoinminer

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 12:54:20 PM

Cy Smiley

Hi Cy!  Sorry for the late reply, Sunday evening is my designated bath, beer, movie and no internet time.  But now it's Monday morning and I'm glad to say there's a lot of exciting things going on with BritCoin this week.  We have been keeping a close eye on Guldencoin and would like to replicate their growth in adoption and price, but keep in mind that Guldencoin was launched awhile before Brit. Smiley

1.  We all understand the importance of merchant acquisition and our plans will be laid out in much more detail in our September Whitepaper.  BritCoin was launched just over 2 months ago, we needed to ensure that the network had been put through its paces and was secure before approaching merchants, now we feel that the network is up to the job, we are starting our merchant campaign.  Aside from our Android wallet that will be available soon, BritCoin will also be part of the Casheer.net app that will allow merchants to accept BritCoin and have it automatically converted to FIAT.  Casheer will be available through Google Play soon.

2.  iOS wallet support is a priority for us, and will come in due time.  25k BritCoins may not amount to a huge amount right now, but we have faith it will be in the near future.  Our Android and web wallet (BritBank) will be launched in the coming days, once these are operational we will work on getting a iOS wallet available, one way or another. Smiley

3.  I agree it's lacking content right now and our Merchants page on our site will be updated soon.  Once we have our first merchant (hopefully to be confirmed this week) we will be begin a directory/map of merchants and more information for new merchants on how to accept BritCoin.  We'll also be giving away 'bounties' for new merchants, more details to come on that though.

A big thanks for your feedback and questions, I really appreciated it.  BritCoin is still a very young currency and we're all working very hard to make this a success.  Whatever advice/feedback we can get from the community goes a long way to improving BritCoin. Smiley

Hi Will7am, thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about taking time off from being sat in front of a computer! Smiley

One more thing came to mind after my last message, so I wanted to ask - do you have a RichList, or at least some stats on the top 100 wallets -
what % (in total) they own of the entire coin supply?

Because of the limited amount of time mining, I have some reservations knowing how much is held by individual wallets. Of course, people may hold more than 1 wallet, but I like to know where the supply lies.

I can't say I've read every single page on the ANN, but could you also let me know how the https://buybritcoins.com/ is funded? Are the coins bought from an exchange as and when someone applies for these, or do you have a "stash" of these which are being sold as and when people wish to buy in?
On the same subject, how many people have you had buying from the website? I'm asking because it would give me (and others) a good idea how many people, outside of the crypto world, are becoming interested in Britcoin.

I've seen leigh2k14's name around a few coins, so it's good to see you've got him on board.

Smiley
will7am (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:08:28 PM

Great points cy!

Re: #2, I think you devs have limited yourself by having such a small premine!

I agree it would have been handy to have more BritCoins to get things moving, but you know what this community is like.. Even 1% is considered too much.

We do have a donation address in the OP for Brit or BTC, which the community has been nice enough to donate to. Smiley

leigh2k14
Legendary

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 01:41:27 PM

Cy Smiley

Hi Will7am, thanks for the reply. I know what you mean about taking time off from being sat in front of a computer! Smiley

One more thing came to mind after my last message, so I wanted to ask - do you have a RichList, or at least some stats on the top 100 wallets -
what % (in total) they own of the entire coin supply?

Because of the limited amount of time mining, I have some reservations knowing how much is held by individual wallets. Of course, people may hold more than 1 wallet, but I like to know where the supply lies.

I can't say I've read every single page on the ANN, but could you also let me know how the https://buybritcoins.com/ is funded? Are the coins bought from an exchange as and when someone applies for these, or do you have a "stash" of these which are being sold as and when people wish to buy in?
On the same subject, how many people have you had buying from the website? I'm asking because it would give me (and others) a good idea how many people, outside of the crypto world, are becoming interested in Britcoin.

I've seen leigh2k14's name around a few coins, so it's good to see you've got him on board.

Smiley

Glad I'm on board Grin

Here's the rich list: http://blockexperts.com/brit

▀███▀
                                                                                                     ▀█▀

[ PRESALE IS OPEN ] ●●●

Pages: « 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 [85] 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: