Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:50:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  
Author Topic: FAIRLAY - SPORTS BETTING for experts - highest liquidity, provably best odds  (Read 135271 times)
FairlaySupport

Activity: 473
Merit: 252

please do not contact us here via PM.

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:17:32 PM

Just won a bet and was paid 0.00

Support tells me the market was voided for some unknown reason, and they can't check it for free, and I have to email the 5mbtc address if I want it to be checked and have a chance to see my winnings.

My winnings from this bet would be 3.61, which makes it a losing proposition either way. Am I supposed to just do nothing and accept that my winnings are gone?

I bet probably more than 24 hours before the game. I would understand that it would be voided if, for example, my stake was returned before the game, but I believe it went to grading as per usual, with the usual delayed payout. There was no indication that the bet would be voided, until after I won. Besides, I know of no reason why it would be voided anyway, because the game was played out as per normal.

could you tell us a bit more about the bet? which kind of sport or even the match? the reason I am asking is to help other punters not to get in the same situation.

thx

Of course!

All I need is 5mbtc Grin

But really I'm holding out for Fairlay Support. I just wish there had been some way to settle this without my having to post it on a public forum, as I've been very satisfied with the website so far.

We are a very efficient exchange running on a slim budget. Please understand that looking these things up costs money and is not offered for free. We will eventually build a system where the reason is shown but we are not there yet.  Can you post a link to the market?

conflate

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:30:09 PM
Last edit: March 28, 2018, 08:46:02 PM by conflate

We are a very efficient exchange running on a slim budget. Please understand that looking these things up costs money and is not offered for free. We will eventually build a system where the reason is shown but we are not there yet.  Can you post a link to the market?

I understand, but still, it seems weird to penalize me for that. The line wasn't settled until after the match was played. As far as I know there wasn't any reason to void the bets, and even if there was, there was no indication of it at all to me, someone who had happily bet on it early. If I had received my stake back at any point before the match, and there was plenty of time for that, then I would have no possible complaints.

https://fairlay.com/market/kinguin-vs-mad-lads/

I don't want to seem rude but it's difficult to imagine what kind of reason is strong enough to accept all bets and void them after settlement, other than proven match-fixing, but that's unlikely because the odds barely changed.
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:43:11 PM

I understand, but still, it seems weird to penalize me for that. The line wasn't settled until after the match was played. As far as I know there wasn't any reason to void the bets, and even if there was, there was no indication of it at all to me, someone who had happily bet on it early. If I had received my stake back at any point before the match, and there was plenty of time for that, then I would have no possible complaints.

The event was moved to another day after your bet was matched.  We know it's not optimal that your money is locked up for two days without reason, but for the time being you have to live with it in these special cases.

conflate

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 08:47:38 PM

The event was moved to another day after your bet was matched.  We know it's not optimal that your money is locked up for two days without reason, but for the time being you have to live with it in these special cases.

Thank you for your response anyway, while I'm not particularly happy I appreciate the reply. If I had lost the bet, would I be able to write to support to claim my money back? Game was delayed so I didn't really lose!
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 08:52:53 PM

Thank you for your response anyway, while I'm not particularly happy I appreciate the reply. If I had lost the bet, would I be able to write to support to claim my money back? Game was delayed so I didn't really lose!

Yes, of course. Your bet was unrelated to the outcome of the newly scheduled match.

conflate

View Profile
March 28, 2018, 09:04:35 PM

Yes, of course. Your bet was unrelated to the outcome of the newly scheduled match.

I hope you understand that my frustration comes from having no idea my bet was going to be voided, not about having my money locked up.

If I had known, I would simply have remade the bet, no problem at all. Instead, I got an unwelcome surprise. Perhaps you should advise users to double their bet when they find out a match may be rescheduled.
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2018, 09:12:37 PM

It should not be a huge problem to void the bet before the rescheduled match starts. We will try to work on this within the next weeks.

fairlay (OP)

Activity: 443
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
March 29, 2018, 06:58:40 PM

Champions League quarter-finals first legs are just around the corner!

Check our blog, gather all information you need and place your predictions!

https://promo.fairlay.com/post/172310875134/champions-league-quarter-finals-first-legs-are

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
Hhampuz
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 5986

Meh.

View Profile
March 29, 2018, 09:59:14 PM

https://promo.fairlay.com/post/172310875134/champions-league-quarter-finals-first-legs-are

Very nice! Can't wait for this to get started as I already have the bets I want to make in my head.. Hopefully all will go according to my plan but it is usually never that easy Cheesy.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2018, 09:24:33 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2018, 10:08:52 PM by fairlay

Who's gonna win 2018 FIFA's World Cup? Our markets are already available! Come and place your bets!

https://promo.fairlay.com/post/172423726224/2018-fifas-world-cup-markets-are-available

www.fairlay.com - the Bitcoin prediction market - the future of reliable information
milewilda
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 1136

View Profile
March 31, 2018, 01:51:01 PM

Very nice! Can't wait for this to get started as I already have the bets I want to make in my head.. Hopefully all will go according to my plan but it is usually never that easy Cheesy.
Just to check it out:

Liverpool vs Manchester City
Barcelona vs Roma
Sevilla vs Bayern Munich
Juventus vs Real Madrid

This would really be an interesting match up. Choosing up teams wont really be easy on my head  Cheesy

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 04, 2018, 07:45:37 PM

UFC 223 is next Saturday! Come, check our markets at Fairlay and place your predictions using Bitcoins!

https://promo.fairlay.com/post/172597720734/ufc-223-two-belts-under-siege

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2018, 05:38:37 PM

Champions League quarter-finals second legs are getting closer! Check our markets and place your bets!

https://promo.fairlay.com/post/172694317694/uefas-champions-league-quarter-finals-are-still

game-protect

Activity: 1344
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 07, 2018, 05:48:20 PM

How do you make money if you charge 0% fees on sport bets?

Other betting exchanges usually charge 5% on winnings.

Do you have affiliates also?
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
April 08, 2018, 05:04:01 PM

We have several markets with 2%, most successful one was the Next President in 2016 with 2000+ BTC  Volume.  Furthermore we collect API fees.

Nevertheless we will update our fee schedule in the upcoming weeks.

fairlay (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 02:02:47 AM

We were featured at Bitcoin News! Come and check the full story!

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-prediction-market-fairlay-sees-sizable-volumes/

umgrantb

Activity: 1

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 01:32:22 PM

Why isn't this market closed? Gary Cohn resigned before March 31.

https://fairlay.com/market/will-gary-cohn-be-director-of-the-national-economi/
Easternbloc

Activity: 63
Merit: 2

View Profile
April 12, 2018, 04:38:53 PM

https://news.bitcoin.com/bitcoin-prediction-market-fairlay-sees-sizable-volumes/
Will you create an API to allow market makers to seed on fairlay more easily than manual input?
FairlaySupport

View Profile WWW
April 12, 2018, 06:31:54 PM

Will you create an API to allow market makers to seed on fairlay more easily than manual input?

You can do all these things with our existing API

DT3

Activity: 53

View Profile
April 15, 2018, 06:46:17 PM

This site is really disappointing its like its run by people that have no clue what they're doing.

Here's a PSA to anyone that uses this site. They've gone ahead and changed their withdrawl policy so that your money is tied up for 24 hours before you can withdraw. Amazing that they don't say a peep about something that will impact their entire player base. Truly amazing.
Pages: « 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 [82] 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 »
  Print  

Jump to: