Bitcoin Forum
August 28, 2024, 08:22:21 AM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 [634] 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 702194 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3430
Merit: 1095

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2023, 03:32:22 PM

- AM don´t stop the miner - click stop, AM stop showing the console, but if i connect to the Rig - Rigelminer is still running (only tested with windows at the moment)

I can confirm this, but on Windows 10 only. It is ok on Windows 11.

It appears that Rigel is using a standard CMD window on Windows 10, but is using Windows Terminal on Windows 11.

...jim

Thanks for the report. Can you please check the configuration in the Options dialog, Mining Settings section, "Use Ctrl+C event for closing mining process". Is this one enabled or disabled when you run into this problem?

Update: I was able to reproduce this when running with Administrator privileges. Rigel starts two processes. When not running as Administrator, both close down correctly when you stop via Awesome Miner. However, when the mining process has been started as Administrator, only one of the two Rigel processes are terminated. For this reason, the Rigel mining continues to run. I will investigate possible solutions here.

"Use Ctrl+C event" is NOT enabled.

On my Win10 PC I went to the Windows Store and installed Windows Terminal. Didn't seem to make any difference. I set up an override to not start Rigel with admin privileges and it it worked just fine. Of course, would prefer a solution that does not require that override. I will patiently await your solution.

Again, it is working just fine on Win11.

Thanks,
...jim

There is a possible solution for this in the new development release v9.8.5.

It is now sort of working. On both Win10 and Win11, it sometimes successfully stops the miner, but sometimes does not. I am running all miners with Administrator privileges.

...jim

Thanks for the update. It will make another attempt to solve this in the next release of Awesome Miner. It's basically about trying to terminate all rigel processes in case they are left running after sending the signal to close in a nice manner. Awesome Miner always do this - but rigel uses two processes which makes the scenario as bit different.

In case you run into this again, can you please use the Windows task manager to confirm that it's possible to manually terminate the process.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 20, 2023, 03:34:16 PM

Hi Patrike, something wrong with DNX coin revenue calculation. DNX hashrate in profit profile is in H/s. If i change from H/s to GH/s, AM begin to show some revenue. But if i am wrong, why AM not show negative revenue? Regards.
Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the calculations for DNX and it should automatically work in your Awesome Miner now (or within the next few hours).

The revenue (mining income before electricity cost) can never go below zero. The profit can however be negative.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
JimBrown462

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2023, 03:50:42 PM

- AM don´t stop the miner - click stop, AM stop showing the console, but if i connect to the Rig - Rigelminer is still running (only tested with windows at the moment)

I can confirm this, but on Windows 10 only. It is ok on Windows 11.

It appears that Rigel is using a standard CMD window on Windows 10, but is using Windows Terminal on Windows 11.

...jim

Thanks for the report. Can you please check the configuration in the Options dialog, Mining Settings section, "Use Ctrl+C event for closing mining process". Is this one enabled or disabled when you run into this problem?

Update: I was able to reproduce this when running with Administrator privileges. Rigel starts two processes. When not running as Administrator, both close down correctly when you stop via Awesome Miner. However, when the mining process has been started as Administrator, only one of the two Rigel processes are terminated. For this reason, the Rigel mining continues to run. I will investigate possible solutions here.

"Use Ctrl+C event" is NOT enabled.

On my Win10 PC I went to the Windows Store and installed Windows Terminal. Didn't seem to make any difference. I set up an override to not start Rigel with admin privileges and it it worked just fine. Of course, would prefer a solution that does not require that override. I will patiently await your solution.

Again, it is working just fine on Win11.

Thanks,
...jim

There is a possible solution for this in the new development release v9.8.5.

It is now sort of working. On both Win10 and Win11, it sometimes successfully stops the miner, but sometimes does not. I am running all miners with Administrator privileges.

...jim

Thanks for the update. It will make another attempt to solve this in the next release of Awesome Miner. It's basically about trying to terminate all rigel processes in case they are left running after sending the signal to close in a nice manner. Awesome Miner always do this - but rigel uses two processes which makes the scenario as bit different.

In case you run into this again, can you please use the Windows task manager to confirm that it's possible to manually terminate the process.

I'm not currently using Rigel due to this issue. However, when I was using before finding the issue, I was able to terminate the left over Rigel process using the Task Manager.

...jim
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2023, 12:55:54 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2023, 10:18:51 PM by patrike

Awesome Miner version 9.9

ASIC mining
  - Added support for Antminer KA3 (Kadena)
  - Added support for Antminer K7
  - Added support for iPollo G1
 Features
  - Updated design for the Miner Groups tab
  - Store created time for Managed Miners (already supported for External Miners)
  - Display created time for both Managed and External Miners
 Improvements
  - Reduce data size for cloud web
  - Improved compatibilty with latest Windows 11 update
 Mining software
  - New mining software: DynexSolve
  - New mining software: Rigel 1.3.6
  - BzMiner 13.1.1
  - CpuMiner-Opt 3.21.1
  - Gminer 3.28
  - Miniz Miner 2.0c3
  - NbMiner 42.3
  - Lolminer 1.67
  - SrbMiner-Multi 2.1.0
  - TeamBlackMiner 1.91
  - TeamRedMiner 0.10.9
  - TT-miner 2023.1.7
  - WildRig Miner 0.36.6b
  - XmRig 6.19
 Corrections
  - Correction to NbMiner password parameter
  - Correction to Binance BTC exchange rate
  - Correction to Hammer D10 share count

narousberg
Legendary

Activity: 1753
Merit: 1007

View Profile
February 24, 2023, 01:29:33 PM

Hi Patrike, strange bug in ver 9.9 on DNX coin mining. If i start mining, AM show on start 307 acepted shares. If i switch mining to other algo, then acepted shares counter begint from 0. On other my locations, DNX show same bug, but with other starting value of acepted shares. Check pls. Regards.

I AM NOT SELL MY BITCOINTALK ACCOUNT !!!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2023, 10:17:46 PM

Hi Patrike, strange bug in ver 9.9 on DNX coin mining. If i start mining, AM show on start 307 acepted shares. If i switch mining to other algo, then acepted shares counter begint from 0. On other my locations, DNX show same bug, but with other starting value of acepted shares. Check pls. Regards.
Thanks for the report. I have an idea what the problem could be here - please try the latest version that is about to be released.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2023, 10:19:24 PM

Awesome Miner version 9.9.1

Mining software
  - BzMiner 13.2.1
  - Lolminer 1.68
  - Rigen 1.3.7
 Corrections
  - Correction to temperature display in the web interface
  - Correction to wallet balance for Dogecoin
  - Correction to DynexSolve integration

JimBrown462

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 27, 2023, 12:54:01 PM

Mining software
  - BzMiner 13.2.1
  - Lolminer 1.68
  - Rigen 1.3.7
 Corrections

Hi Patrike,

Rigel is still sometimes leaving one of its processes active after AM shuts it down.

Regards,
...jim
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 27, 2023, 04:00:35 PM

Mining software
  - BzMiner 13.2.1
  - Lolminer 1.68
  - Rigen 1.3.7
 Corrections

Hi Patrike,

Rigel is still sometimes leaving one of its processes active after AM shuts it down.

Regards,
...jim

Thanks for the feedback. I've noticed that there is a command line flag to disable the built-in watchdog feature of Rigel (--no-watchdog). In the next release I will make sure it's disabled as I suspect it could cause the issues you describe here.

joseph32

Activity: 415
Merit: 21

View Profile
February 28, 2023, 02:47:11 PM
Last edit: February 28, 2023, 03:16:11 PM by joseph32

Hi Patrik,

can you please add dual mining support for TeamRedMiner in the Managed Miner Properties?

If I switch from (for example) Lolminer to TeamRedMiner, the Dual Mode config below the "Path" disapears. Right now, I have to put everything of the Dual/Triple mining part into the password field. It works, but AM just shows the first coin, not the second coin.

Thanks Smiley

Edit: Will you add Triple mining support in the properties?
sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 01, 2023, 11:48:31 AM

Hi Patrik,

can you please add dual mining support for TeamRedMiner in the Managed Miner Properties?

If I switch from (for example) Lolminer to TeamRedMiner, the Dual Mode config below the "Path" disapears. Right now, I have to put everything of the Dual/Triple mining part into the password field. It works, but AM just shows the first coin, not the second coin.

Thanks Smiley

Yes, I took the entire command line in the miner properties. The problem with Teamredminer and dual and triple mining is that a different API port is used for each coin. I don't think that's easy to implement. But I also asked Patrik a few weeks ago, so I hope he can solve it Smiley
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 05, 2023, 04:08:57 PM

Hi Patrik,

Thanks Smiley

Yes, I took the entire command line in the miner properties. The problem with Teamredminer and dual and triple mining is that a different API port is used for each coin. I don't think that's easy to implement. But I also asked Patrik a few weeks ago, so I hope he can solve it Smiley
I noticed that TeamRedMiner has started to provide an alternative way to get dual coin monitoring details, without having to use a different API port that would have made it complex. You can expect TRM dual mining support soon.

narousberg
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2023, 10:41:18 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2023, 01:42:24 AM by narousberg

Hi Patrike, can you please improve a rules functionality. AM need a "rule group", where user put all rules and can trigger all rules in this group with simple rule trigger. I want realise scenario where on defined time the profit profile of every rig will be changed. Every rig have individual profit profiles 1 and 2. Now AM allow only one rig per rule and if you have 100 rigs you need 200 rules (set profile 1, set profile 2)
I want group all this set rules in one group and activate only with one simple rule. Or AM have another trick for this scenario?

upd. If with "rule group" you have problem, then please improve "Apply Profit Profile" action, where user can define a rig for which selected Profit Profile must be set.At the moment will be choosed only rig or whole rig group where rule was called. Or simple show please a C# code example where i can select miner and apply profile.

Or another variant:
i define a rig variables with names of profile1 and profile2.
Execute rule on top level group of miners and C# function recieve a List object with all rigs.
I select each list element and read variable "profile1" or "profile2" (depend of rule which was manual executed)
I apply profit profile wich was found by name from variable  "profile1" or "profile2"

Logic is simple, but no documentation.... I know, all what i need is in "Context" object.

I need examples for this steps. How to read user defined variable, how to find by name profit profile, how to apply profile)))

Regards.

joseph32

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 12:04:07 AM

Hi Patrik,

just played around with the Rigel miner and it doesn't work well. My AM is the newest version 9.9.1, Rigel is the newest version 1.3.8.

If I start Rigel in the first instance on a rig with multiple cards, AM only shows 1 card mining. The GPU tab also shows that 1 card only.
- The hashrate is correct from all cards together.
- The wattage is only the wattage of that 1 card.
- The profit is correct from all cards together.

If I start Rigel in a second instance on that same rig, the status only shows "mining". No temps, no GPUs in the GPU tab.
- Hashrate is correct.
- No wattage.
- Profit is correct.

Right now its only possible to run 1 instance of the Rigel miner per rig, but it only shows 1 card. So every rule with the expected number of mining devices wont work correctly. If I connect multiple instances, AM gets in trouble or the Rigel API is broken, or whatever...

Can you please check that? Thanks!
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2023, 09:26:36 AM

Hi Patrike, can you please improve a rules functionality. AM need a "rule group", where user put all rules and can trigger all rules in this group with simple rule trigger. I want realise scenario where on defined time the profit profile of every rig will be changed. Every rig have individual profit profiles 1 and 2. Now AM allow only one rig per rule and if you have 100 rigs you need 200 rules (set profile 1, set profile 2)
I want group all this set rules in one group and activate only with one simple rule. Or AM have another trick for this scenario?

upd. If with "rule group" you have problem, then please improve "Apply Profit Profile" action, where user can define a rig for which selected Profit Profile must be set.At the moment will be choosed only rig or whole rig group where rule was called. Or simple show please a C# code example where i can select miner and apply profile.

Or another variant:
i define a rig variables with names of profile1 and profile2.
Execute rule on top level group of miners and C# function recieve a List object with all rigs.
I select each list element and read variable "profile1" or "profile2" (depend of rule which was manual executed)
I apply profit profile wich was found by name from variable  "profile1" or "profile2"

Logic is simple, but no documentation.... I know, all what i need is in "Context" object.

I need examples for this steps. How to read user defined variable, how to find by name profit profile, how to apply profile)))

Regards.

The easiest solution here would be to improve the existing Apply Profit Profile rule to allow you to specify a variable name. You could then add a variable with this name for each of your miners, specifying the name of the Profit Profile you want the rule to apply.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2023, 09:36:09 AM

Hi Patrik,

just played around with the Rigel miner and it doesn't work well. My AM is the newest version 9.9.1, Rigel is the newest version 1.3.8.

If I start Rigel in the first instance on a rig with multiple cards, AM only shows 1 card mining. The GPU tab also shows that 1 card only.
- The hashrate is correct from all cards together.
- The wattage is only the wattage of that 1 card.
- The profit is correct from all cards together.

If I start Rigel in a second instance on that same rig, the status only shows "mining". No temps, no GPUs in the GPU tab.
- Hashrate is correct.
- No wattage.
- Profit is correct.

Right now its only possible to run 1 instance of the Rigel miner per rig, but it only shows 1 card. So every rule with the expected number of mining devices wont work correctly. If I connect multiple instances, AM gets in trouble or the Rigel API is broken, or whatever...

Can you please check that? Thanks!
Thanks for the report.

I was only able to reproduce and correct one of the issues here. In case you select specific GPUs to be used for mining, Rigel will still report the GPU in the API and Awesome Miner didn't react to this correctly. The result could be that no GPU showed up in the GPU tab in Awesome Miner. This will be corrected in the next release.

When using all GPUs I've not been able to identify any issues. After you applied the new Awesome Miner version, can you please try again and then collect the API Report (toolbar Tools -> API Report) for the miner when you run into this issue.

narousberg
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 10:42:56 AM

The easiest solution here would be to improve the existing Apply Profit Profile rule to allow you to specify a variable name. You could then add a variable with this name for each of your miners, specifying the name of the Profit Profile you want the rule to apply.

indeed this is easiest variant. Please, please do it this in the next update ))) I need this functionality to adjust system power consumtion depend day time. To better consume solar energy. Regards.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2023, 11:28:37 AM

Awesome Miner version 9.9.2

GPU mining
  - Dual mining with TeamRedMiner
 Features
  - Use variables for rule action to apply a Profit Profile to miners
  - Include the date a miner was created in the miner list CSV export
 Mining software
  - BzMiner 13.3.0
  - CpuMiner-Opt 3.21.2
  - DynexSolve 2.2.5
  - Lolminer 1.69
  - Nanominer 3.7.7
  - Rigel 1.3.8
 Corrections
  - Correction to context menu for groups in the Groups tab
  - Correction to Antminer K7 default pool operation
  - Correction to Rigel miner GPU list when only specific GPUs are selected for mining

sxemini

Activity: 1558
Merit: 69

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 12:10:40 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2023, 01:18:16 PM by sxemini

Awesome Miner version 9.9.2

GPU mining
  - Dual mining with TeamRedMiner

Nice!!!!

I found something strange - if i mine kaspa + zil with teamredminer AM, show me the zil pool behind the miner name and not the kaspa pool, but the kaspa pool should be the first pool.

In pool tab it show me both.

Is it normal that i see the hashrate and average hashrate only for the first coin on the main tab.

On GPU Tab i see the hashrate for both algos and the average for both - this is nice.

EDIT: Ok in ETC+KAS i see both hashrates in the MainTab

And a question about zil mining - will it be added for all miners? I mine kas+zil with teamredminer for example. gminer, trex, srbminer and miniz miner also have the ability for +zil.

Next request is about GPU selection for Intel - i can´t select it.

Thanks overall for this update.

joseph32

View Profile
March 08, 2023, 07:47:03 PM
Last edit: March 08, 2023, 10:35:53 PM by joseph32

Hi Patrik,

my answer to your post: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg61876439#msg61876439

Thanks for the update! The new AM version works much better with Rigel, but one more strange bug.

1a) If I don't change the "Device Order", mostly the last card, but sometimes also one or more cards between, shows wrong numbers or missing informations.
- GPU -> Missing texts
- Clock -> Wrong clocks and missing voltage
- Fan -> Wrong speed
- Temperature -> Missing hotspot
- Progress & Performance is fine.

2a) If I manually set the "Device Order", everything is correct.

1b) Here another example without changed Device Order.

2b) And with changed Device Order, everything is correct.

Do you still need the API report or can you reproduce it without? Thanks for your hard work!

EDIT: I would say this behavior is only visible running the miner with admin privileges. Without it seems fine. But I need them because of the OC settings build in the miner.

EDIT 2: One more strange thing: If I have multiple instances of the Rigel miner running (in admin mode) and I try to stop one or more instances, all other miners randomly start and stopping all the time. I have to stop all, wait until all have stopped and than start them again.
Pages: « 1 ... 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 616 617 618 619 620 621 622 623 624 625 626 627 628 629 630 631 632 633 [634] 635 636 637 638 639 640 641 642 643 644 645 646 647 648 »
  Print  

Jump to: