Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 11:55:27 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679272 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
CryptoToit

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2018, 07:56:17 AM

Hi, I want to get my son into Crypto and PoS with HyperCoin. We only have a Mac to work with atm, need some noob guidance on how to sync it with the Bootstrap.

1) The app is in the "Applications" folder. Is this the correct place to run it? If so where to I put the Bootstrap file, also in this folder?

2) Or should I create a specific folder where both files are located?

3) This is the cmd I need to run -> cd ~/Documents/Cryptos/HyperStake && ./HyperStake-qt -loadblock=bootstrap.dat

If I use a folder like this with the application file and the bootstrap i keep getting a "No such file or directory" msg.

Appreciate any help!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bitmaster1x
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

CRYPTO-CITY.COM 🌟 Communities

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 02:37:30 AM

How to setup staking with split on CLI (or using RPC) like shown using hyperstake-gui in this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ufrBwNDWts&feature=youtu.be

How many coins does one need to have any "luck" in staking?

To give it a fair shot, 100k minimum and 1mill+ is ideal and 3 months+.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2018, 02:54:17 PM
Last edit: February 10, 2018, 03:44:51 PM by bitmaster1x

Been picking up tons of HYP this week It's accumulation time. Grin

d-angel2001

Activity: 137

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:06:54 AM

I'm running staking wallet with 3000.00 coins for about one week now. No rewards yet (not even some small satoshi). Do I need to open any firewall ports to make it work or is it "more safe" to keep them closed?

My wallet is synced. My rpc "getstakingstatus" shows as follows:
Code:
{
    "generatebitcoins" : true,
    "haveconnections" : true,
    "blockchainsynced" : true,
    "walletunlocked" : true,
    "mintablecoins" : false,
    "enoughcoins" : true,
    "staking status" : false
}

Why is "staking status" and "mintablecoins" still false? Does it have to do with the block I have started staking and have to wait some more time for first rewards?!

What exactly does rpc-method "getpotentialstake" mean given by saying f.e. "231.01529229"?

Thanks for any help.

Due to the competitive nature, with only 3k you're going to have to be very lucky to win a stake. To give it a fair shot most people are looking at 100k - 1million. If the HYP wallet can't communicate with the network it won't stake.

Thanks for reply. In the meantime I've bought some coins and have now 4221.00 HYP. Still same status for staking. Only change is mintablecoins is now "true".

Code:
{
    "mintablecoins" : true, <--
    "staking status" : false <--
}

Any help? Sad
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:40:23 AM

I'm running staking wallet with 3000.00 coins for about one week now. No rewards yet (not even some small satoshi). Do I need to open any firewall ports to make it work or is it "more safe" to keep them closed?

My wallet is synced. My rpc "getstakingstatus" shows as follows:
Code:
{
    "mintablecoins" : false,
    "staking status" : false
}

Why is "staking status" and "mintablecoins" still false? Does it have to do with the block I have started staking and have to wait some more time for first rewards?!

What exactly does rpc-method "getpotentialstake" mean given by saying f.e. "231.01529229"?

Thanks for any help.

Due to the competitive nature, with only 3k you're going to have to be very lucky to win a stake. To give it a fair shot most people are looking at 100k - 1million. If the HYP wallet can't communicate with the network it won't stake.

Thanks for reply. In the meantime I've bought some coins and have now 4221.00 HYP. Still same status for staking. Only change is mintablecoins is now "true".

Code:
{
}

Any help? Sad

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 09:40:43 AM

I'll be doing a show later today. Too busy to go into the studio so I'll be remoting in.

d-angel2001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 10:37:43 AM

--- SNIP ---

Code:
{
}

I'm trying to setup Hyperstake for Staking. I've been wondering why it doesn't. Initially I had 2999.00 coins and got the tip that I need at least 3000.00 coins for that (my fault... forgot the transaction fee for the first time). Today I've transfered more coins - total sum in hyperstake wallet is now 4221.00 coins. Since then staking-status shows this values changed:

Code:
"mintablecoins" false became true
"staking status" still false!

So my question is does anybode know what's wrong?
sacskate

Activity: 994
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:22:53 PM

--- SNIP ---

Code:
{
}

I'm trying to setup Hyperstake for Staking. I've been wondering why it doesn't. Initially I had 2999.00 coins and got the tip that I need at least 3000.00 coins for that (my fault... forgot the transaction fee for the first time). Today I've transfered more coins - total sum in hyperstake wallet is now 4221.00 coins. Since then staking-status shows this values changed:

Code:

possibly two things, one coins are not mature or your wallet is locked?
Melody Jelly

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 01:38:28 PM

Hello. Can’t install the wallet latest version.
after installing the antivirus block the wallet continuosly.
What to do?
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 01:52:18 PM

Hello. Can’t install the wallet latest version.
after installing the antivirus block the wallet continuosly.
What to do?

You can disable the antivirus and add an exclusion and re-enable it.

....or download the blockchain with binary here: https://www.crypto-city.com/index.php/hyperstake-hyp-ann/info

d-angel2001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:15:08 PM

--- SNIP ---

Code:

Wallet is unlocked for staking:
Code:
walletpassphrase "XXXXXXXXXX" 99999999999 true

What exactly do you mean with not mature?

d-angel2001

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 03:21:53 PM

Does this work better if I send the coins once at all and they are not splitted transactions?!
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 13, 2018, 07:54:25 PM

Due to lack of time I'm not going to make the show today. Will aim for Friday.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 13, 2018, 09:00:39 PM

--- SNIP ---

Code:

Wallet is unlocked for staking:
Code:
walletpassphrase "XXXXXXXXXX" 99999999999 true

You need to hold the coins for (if I recall correctly) 8.8 days before they are eligible to stake. After that, it's just time with the wallet open for staking. Also, walletpassphrase is a different function. I don't have HYP on this computer, it's miles away Cheesy but there's a button, I think under "options", that you need to push to unlock for staking. walletpassphrase MIGHT work, but I think not. It's been a while. My HYP stash is pretty minimal, would probably take more than a year to stake. I would expect at 4K coins, a week or more. The more you have, the faster you'll stake.
vancefox
Legendary

Activity: 1033
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 12:49:19 AM

You need to hold the coins for (if I recall correctly) 8.8 days before they are eligible to stake. After that, it's just time with the wallet open for staking. Also, walletpassphrase is a different function. I don't have HYP on this computer, it's miles away Cheesy but there's a button, I think under "options", that you need to push to unlock for staking. walletpassphrase MIGHT work, but I think not. It's been a while. My HYP stash is pretty minimal, would probably take more than a year to stake. I would expect at 4K coins, a week or more. The more you have, the faster you'll stake.

The command walletpassphrase will allow for staking, but only for the fixed amount of time AND all other commands are also unlocked.  If you unlock the wallet for minting only you can't then send coins to another address without entering your passphrase.  It's an added level of security just in case someone can remote in or has physical access to your machine.

This space not for rent...
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 01:53:18 AM

The command walletpassphrase will allow for staking, but only for the fixed amount of time AND all other commands are also unlocked.  If you unlock the wallet for minting only you can't then send coins to another address without entering your passphrase.  It's an added level of security just in case someone can remote in or has physical access to your machine.

Thanks, Vance. I couldn't recall the details Tongue
d-angel2001

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 08:04:22 AM

Well I think that's not complete info at all. At first (in my case) I run the headless (non-gui) wallet. So there's no Option-Menu ;-)
And second it's not completly that walletpassphrase is "unsecure" at all. In fact you can (and must) not only limit time it is running unlocked, but you can also additionally add "true" parameter to use it for mint (and also staking?) only.

This is said by CLI/RPC info:
Code:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout> [mintonly]

Well I'm not completly shure if this is a misinfo/typo for "mintonly". Does this include staking? How else should I be able to activate this on headless/non-gui version? I've also added "staking=1" to my conf-file.

But I should also have said I'm still waiting for rewards on my 4221.000 HYP-Coins deposit for testing having had not even a satoshi generated yet Sad
bitmaster1x
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 14, 2018, 08:47:54 AM
Last edit: February 14, 2018, 09:58:39 PM by bitmaster1x

It's confirmed.  I will be doing a crypto show on Friday, Feb. 16th .  On Sunday,  Feb 18, I'll  be on a panel to speak about the future of crypto hosted by the  Institute of Exponential Science and U.S. Transhumanist Party. Publicly viewable links will be provided on the day of the events.

James_owen@mail.ru

Activity: 3

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 03:29:34 PM

Hi there. I am still having that issue with staking. Its been almost 14 days that my coins are in the wallet and its nothing going on. Do I need to set up something else? the days to stake fluctuate from 60 to 75 and it doesn't go down. the blockchain is up to date, wallet says minting, and its unlocked for PoS. Please any help.......
Biomech
Legendary

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
February 14, 2018, 04:20:45 PM

Well I think that's not complete info at all. At first (in my case) I run the headless (non-gui) wallet. So there's no Option-Menu ;-)
And second it's not completly that walletpassphrase is "unsecure" at all. In fact you can (and must) not only limit time it is running unlocked, but you can also additionally add "true" parameter to use it for mint (and also staking?) only.

This is said by CLI/RPC info:
Code:
walletpassphrase <passphrase> <timeout> [mintonly]

Well I'm not completly shure if this is a misinfo/typo for "mintonly". Does this include staking? How else should I be able to activate this on headless/non-gui version? I've also added "staking=1" to my conf-file.

But I should also have said I'm still waiting for rewards on my 4221.000 HYP-Coins deposit for testing having had not even a satoshi generated yet Sad

My apologies, I assumed you were running QT. Yes, you're correct, that is how to set it for minting via command line. and yes, mintonly is the correct parameter.

Running that way, assuming your coins have reached the maturity date, it's just a matter of time. Eventually, they will stake. The more you have in a single transaction, the faster it will work. 4221 is actually a really small amount on the current network. I don't know how long that would take, but I suspect rather a long time. Over a year ago, the suggested minimum was 20K, and that was gonna work (then) about a week after eligibility.

If staking is your primary goal, I would highly suggest acquiring more coin. I've been out of the loop too long to even suggest a number. I'm currently building back up to where I think it will work out, and I'm aiming for a minimum of 100K coins.
Pages: « 1 ... 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 [354] 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: