Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 08:52:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
IMJim
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 10:29:27 PM

5 days now I have been trying to sync my wallet, very frustrated having to run my computer last 3 days just for this!  3 times now wallet has gotten stuck at around 200k blocks left trying to download blockchain.  All 3 times it has gotten stuck, nothing I could do to get it unstuck but to start over.

What a waste of time and electricity!! 

As old as this project is, why on earth is this wallet so unreliable? 

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
December 24, 2015, 11:45:03 PM

5 days now I have been trying to sync my wallet, very frustrated having to run my computer last 3 days just for this!  3 times now wallet has gotten stuck at around 200k blocks left trying to download blockchain.  All 3 times it has gotten stuck, nothing I could do to get it unstuck but to start over.

look at your chat history it tells a story and drops a hint it maybe the computer you are running that is causing the problem. in-fact you have a history in making this statement.

Surely the is more factors than just a wallet to factor in, like ram, space left, corrupted files on a computer,etc.

Sure the wallet works fine for other people otherwise they would not be sending a receiving coins. it might be an internal problem for you, rather than Nav technology.

Wow.......you actually looked at my chat history to come up with this conclusion hah?  Too funny.  No, this is NOT my computer and not that it's any of your business but being disgusted in Crypto as a whole I sorta left the game a year or so ago.......go ahead and confirm that in my chat history too detective.  I fire up my wallets now once every 2-3 months, update them if needed.....sync em and let the stakers stake for a day or.

Out of the approximate 35 wallets on my spare computer (which is a beast by the way), I have problems this round with 3-4 of my wallets.....hence my recent posts working on those as well.....damn I feel like I am writing to some sort of stalker now.  I started this by the way about 7 days ago........all my other wallets (except for few that are just dead projects now) were done over 3 days ago. 

Nav is the ONLY wallet I cannot get to fully sync.......if you think I've got some hidden agenda here, you're an idiot and I resent you fucking hinting towards such.  While I have definitely not stayed "positive" during this adventure of broken promises and non stop chearleading, I have been here since the early days.......and look, I still have my Nav.......so instead of being a weird, stalker prick just ignore my posts if you have nothing to suggest in getting my wallet fixed.......because THAT is the only reason I posted here in the first place!
nwfella
Legendary

Activity: 1582

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 12:03:51 AM

Great to see the updated roadmap.  Thanks.

So dj and I where playing around a bit with anon sends to one another.  Seriously, a 5% fee?!?  Are you kidding me?

Also not really understanding why amounts smaller than 10 NAV can't be sent anonymously.

smaller than 10 Nav to prevent spam in nethwork. Its fine for me.
And send anon fee I think is higher than 10 Nav so maybe too is no sense sending smaller amount than 10 Nav.
But Nav is not btc/ltc so nobody not need send so small amount coins like less than 10 Navs.
imo.
That's all well and good.  I'm just thinking ahead for when NAV's are selling in the $5-10 range :p

(yeah yeah, that's the ticket)

Always good to have the ability to truly tip somebody anonymously btw Wink

¯¯̿̿¯̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿'̿̿̿̿̿'̿̿̿)͇̿̿)̿̿̿̿ '̿̿̿̿̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪̀●́)=o/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿̿

Gimme the crypto!!
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 12:58:01 AM

Dude, stop trying to play detective man and for the love of god quit making assumptions and accusations.......you are making yourself look like an idiot, and a creepy one at that!  You're insinuation that I've some hidden agenda in posting here other than trying to get some help getting my wallet synced is EXTREMELY offensive......especially coming from a brand new account and to a member that has been invested in this project as long as I have!!

Ask yourself this.......if you had 30-35 different wallets on your computer, and you fired those wallets up one at a time after not running any of them for almost 3 months........and considering THIS IS CRYPTO.......how many of those wallets do you think might night fire right up and sync?  If you're gonna "try" to play detective........try learning to catch a clue, I dropped many and they're not secretly hidden in my recent posts.

Now does anybody actually have anything useful to reply that may help me get past this?  There is obviously a reason why a full download of a blockchain has gotten stuck at almost the same exact spot of 200k blocks left and froze.  Went perfectly fine to this point all 3 times, all 3 times it appears something gets corrupted as only way to get going again is deleted blockchain and start over......oh yeah sounds like Malware to me lol.  Come on man! 

Is there perhaps a recent and trusted boot strap of the blockchain I can try?
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:21:05 AM

Dude, stop trying to play detective man and for the love of god quit making assumptions and accusations.......you are making yourself look like an idiot, and a creepy one at that!  You're insinuation that I've some hidden agenda in posting here other than trying to get some help getting my wallet synced is EXTREMELY offensive......especially coming from a brand new account and to a member that has been invested in this project as long as I have!!

Ask yourself this.......if you had 30-35 different wallets on your computer, and you fired those wallets up one at a time after not running any of them for almost 3 months........and considering THIS IS CRYPTO.......how many of those wallets do you think might night fire right up and sync?  If you're gonna "try" to play detective........try learning to catch a clue, I dropped many and they're not secretly hidden in my recent posts.

Now does anybody actually have anything useful to reply that may help me get past this?  There is obviously a reason why a full download of a blockchain has gotten stuck at almost the same exact spot of 200k blocks left and froze.  Went perfectly fine to this point all 3 times, all 3 times it appears something gets corrupted as only way to get going again is deleted blockchain and start over......oh yeah sounds like Malware to me lol.  Come on man! 

recently installed nav wallet on new hd running win10. had an issue as well. did a complete delete and cleaned it from my registry. then redownloaded the oneclick installer with blockchain. let it sit and it synced. then after full sync i copied my dat to roaming. took 3 times for me
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:27:16 AM

I dont understund some things.
So what with Masternodes after decentralisation ?
Masternode was removed from road map or Rasperry Pi Staking Unit is Masternode ?
Rasperry Pi Staking Unit its for Nav wallet and stake coins but I no see info about its Masternode too or need remaining amount of Nav.
So if somebody no want have Rasperry Pi Staking Unit can use normal wallet like now ?
Masternodes is not needed to decentralisation anon ?? I read whitepaper decentralisation but my english is not enough to technical details about it or not wrote about it.
I would also like to hear from the dev's as to whether or not the whole masternode concept is literally being scraped in lieu of these nav pi's.  If so, it's quite the divergence from what was originally planned.

Please provide more information regarding how the anon is going to be scaled out and some additional details regarding the nav pi's

Gimme the crypto!!
nwfella
Legendary

Well hello there!

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 01:29:30 AM

5 days now I have been trying to sync my wallet, very frustrated having to run my computer last 3 days just for this!  3 times now wallet has gotten stuck at around 200k blocks left trying to download blockchain.  All 3 times it has gotten stuck, nothing I could do to get it unstuck but to start over.

If you would like to 'bootstrap' your blockchain I have a copy of it on the dedicated forum here:
http://navcointalk.org/forum-root/topic/current-stable-navcoin-qt-wallet-for-windows/

Gimme the crypto!!
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 03:04:17 AM

@sum2dev or any dev. there may be a spelling mistake in the whitepaper ;P

1. Self Registering Nodes - When an anonymous server comes online it will register itself on the
network as avaialbe to accept transactions.

IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 07:48:16 AM

recently installed nav wallet on new hd running win10. had an issue as well. did a complete delete and cleaned it from my registry. then redownloaded the oneclick installer with blockchain. let it sit and it synced. then after full sync i copied my dat to roaming. took 3 times for me

Hey thanks for the feedback man.  I know there were some minor issues with the nodes recently as well, somebody had given me some additional addnodes to try earlier in the in the week and they gave me strong connections right away.  Blockchain was jamming on the download for I think a day and a half before it just froze......right around the 200k blocks left mark.....still showed a strong connection but would not pull anymore blocks.  This happened 3 times in a row.....I want to say a 4 day period.....about that anyways. 

Gonna try from bootstrap now.....likely will get it with that.
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 25, 2015, 04:30:20 PM

Here on a branch asked a question, but I'll ask again, though , but decentralization will make the level of the Navajo, whether it is a network of masternodes, which will offer compensation for the use or some other way of construction of decentralization? Thank you
pkoston

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 04:36:54 PM

that's terrible.
IMJim
Legendary

View Profile
December 25, 2015, 08:21:58 PM

If you would like to 'bootstrap' your blockchain I have a copy of it on the dedicated forum here:
http://navcointalk.org/forum-root/topic/current-stable-navcoin-qt-wallet-for-windows/

And thanks to you as well!!  Got wallet fully synced with the bootstrap file, guessing it finished in about an hour....but I went to bed after starting so not sure exactly on the time.  It did catch my attention however that the link you posted redirected to a navcointalk.xyz site which seemed strange to me, am sure it's nothing funny but I did find the actual bootstrap available on the known .org domain and used that one.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Merry Christmas to all!!
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 06:31:59 AM

And thanks to you as well!!  Got wallet fully synced with the bootstrap file, guessing it finished in about an hour....but I went to bed after starting so not sure exactly on the time.  It did catch my attention however that the link you posted redirected to a navcointalk.xyz site which seemed strange to me, am sure it's nothing funny but I did find the actual bootstrap available on the known .org domain and used that one.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction!

Merry Christmas to all!!
nothing wrong with that link. navcointalk.org is a redirect for navcointalk.xyz. it will change to just .org most likely in the future. but either way, its still the nav official forum. always a good idea to register there incase btctalk goes down(which happens way to often)
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 10:24:01 AM

yes price again at 4XX satoshi.
and decentralisation progress bar drop to 10% Sad
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:01:07 PM

yes price again at 4XX satoshi.
and decentralisation progress bar drop to 10% Sad

WOW! I didn't notice that  Angry

Whilst the pi idea is nice, in reality you are only going to make like a dollar a month with the current staking return.....

What happened to all the "nearly finished" projects?

A working block explorer and a richlist on the official site that has been updated in the last 3 months would be nice and to be honest long overdue.
smoomrik

Activity: 100
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:05:29 PM

what are problem with decentralization? why it do not work already?

sum of year: devs wrote some new pictures. devs release some not important things. All people who look up this thread waiting for decentalization and only this.

nothing not save this coin, not are new marketing picture or new logo, not are bip32 or pi stacking. Only decentralization could make this.

★NavajoCoin★ NavajoCoin Asynchronous Encryption Technology
juguelio

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 12:18:28 PM

Why instead of bitching all the time, just stop for a second and READ THE WHOLE POST and also the whitepaper...

Raspberry pi staking unit is a great step forward.
Decentralization is coming....

NAV Foundation Update

Seasons greetings NAV community!

It is with great excitement I come bearing four important gifts for you today.

Decentralization White Paper

After a long and difficult process of research and development we can finally announce our ground breaking plans to decentralise NAV which will revolutionize blockchain supporting services.

The white paper details how we will remove the reliance on an API to select an incoming server for processing anonymous transactions. Instead, the server list will be written into the wallet itself and distributed through the existing peer to peer mesh network which distributes the blockchain. Each server will become self registering so they can be brought online and begin processing transactions without human intervention.

This type of peer to peer API will be the worlds first implementation of its kind and will forever change the way blockchain services interact with users wallets.

Read the NAV Decentralization White Paper:

New Developer Joins the Team

Along with the recent addition of our new Business Strategist Sophia, we've recruited another Senior Developer to help with the decentralization of NAV and the BIP32 implementation.

Paul is an experienced and talented programmer who was Craig's professional mentor for a number of years. He will be a valuable asset to the team and help to speed up the release of the decentralized technology.

With Paul, Sophia and Craig all living in the same city it will make their collaboration on the project a much more dynamic process. Paul will be formally introduced on the forum in the coming days.

NAV Raspberry Pi Staking Unit

We are in the process of designing and developing a Raspberry Pi controlled Staking Unit for NAV. The final implementation will be a Raspberry Pi with an interactive touch screen which allows you to setup the wallet address, view the balance and withdraw the coins all from the touch screen. All you will need to do is plug it into the network, send it some coins to stake and it will begin earning you coins. This will allow coins to be earned with very minimal setup and running costs.

(Artist impression, not actual product)

The beta version of the Raspberry Pi image is ready for user testing and will be available for download over the next few days. This version will not include the touch screen capability, so if you want to try it, you will need to login to your Raspberry Pi, manually generate a wallet address and withdraw mined coins through its terminal interface.

When the touch screen implementation is ready to go, we will setup an online store where you can purchase the Rasperry Pi Staking units directly from us, all setup and ready to plug in.

New Github Repository

We have moved the NAV repository from Soopy's personal account to a shared github account which we all are contributing to. In an effort to be more transparent about the projects status we want you to follow our progress in delivering the anonymous decentralization via this github account.

New NAV Repository:

https://github.com/navajocoindev/navajocoin

Craig & Paul will primarily be working on NAV's decentralization which has been labelled as NAV Improvement Proposal 1 (NIP1).

You can follow their progress here:

https://github.com/navajocoindev/navajocoin/tree/NIP1-decentralization

Soopy continues to work on the HD Wallet BIP32 implementation to allow for us to build both mobile and web wallets.

They will be regularly committing their code over the next few weeks so you have as close to real time updates on progress as possible.

We will begin our social media and PR campaigns this afternoon to advertise the decentralization white paper. The projects page of the website will also be updated shortly to reflect the new status and road map of our projects.

We remain committed to this coin and moving it forward with continuing to deliver world class work into 2016.

Stay tuned and please remember to help us by sharing any content we provide through your networks.

Best Wishes and Happy Holidays

- NAV Development Team

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373
Merit: 250

They walk among us...

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 03:45:03 PM

I hope PI comes first just so these people in this small circle who have no idea of the real world, get the point. if NAV could get into major retailers, electronic ones, phone shops, it's unlimited potential and a mass market.

Hmm well that hasn't happened to Bitcoin yet in how many years? CORE technology has to be there before the singing and dancing. We will NEVER be taken seriously without a WORKING block explorer and a WORKING richlist. THAT is the real world.
djselery
Legendary

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 05:48:09 PM

seismicboom, who are you and where did you come from? i see you have a scam site, seismicboom.co.uk. its riddled with spelling errors and dead links. seams to be copyrighted by a james proctor. can you copyright a scam? not really trying to start anything, just curious. never seen you here before, and you seem to have a comment for everything recently.
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
December 26, 2015, 08:07:38 PM

A nice start but , the things id really like to know about are:

When are the Masternodes and Decentralized Anon coming ?

I would also really like a more dressed down pure Staking wallet that could run on the PI2 nav wallet is kind of a recouces hog.
(PI2 would allow people to keep it staking 24/7)
For a Pos coin Imo you cant really go lower then 12% a year if u want to keep people motivated to keep staking.

I really hope you can Turn these Pi wallets into masternodes because 5% cost for anonymous is Insane we have had this argument many months ago and you guys agreed its to much and staking for less then 1% a month is also Very low In my opinion.
Also the touch screen does it really need it ? it kinda feels like your planning to sell me a Way overpriced PI that has a bunch of shit it doesn't need remote desktop works fine imo.
Decentralisation that's controlled through cloud still doesn't sound very decentralized to me someone controls it and it costs money to maintain.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
Pages: « 1 ... 760 761 762 763 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 [810] 811 812 813 814 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: