Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 02:50:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085729 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 09:50:12 AM

Decentralisation Update

Hi Navajo Community,

I've made further progress over the weekend on the decentralization of NAV's anonymous network. This week I have been focusing on the encryption of the recipients address and have largely got this working now. I just have to  swap out the static encryption key with the live key sent back from the chosen server (which is the easy part). As it stands the wallet can now successfully encrypt and decrypt an address using RSA asymmetric public key encryption which is the hard part out of the way. If you're interested in the code, you can see my work in the following commit:

https://github.com/navajocoindev/navajocoin/commit/9c64f66572667dcdb39945246ccba8addae53d8c

I have also started a branch to investigate some of the performance issues the wallet has on low powered devices. The branch is called NIP2-performance-increase and can be seen here:

https://github.com/navajocoindev/navajocoin/commits/NIP2-performance-increase

Our testing of the Raspberry Pi image over the new year has shown that we need to increase performance on low powered devices before we can release it to the public. This is something our new developer Paul Headington will begin to investigate and fix in the coming week.

I've updated the projects page of the website to reflect the progress I've made on the Decentralization Implementation which now shows 30% (previously 20%). As you can see, we are steadily marching towards the finish line!

http://www.navajocoin.org/projects

I will continue to work on this in the evenings this coming week and report back with my progress at the end of the week again.

We will also have more exciting updates for you before then though, so don't forget to keep an eye on the forum!

Cheers,
Craig.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG
hashforce101
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:05:31 AM

Thanks Pakage once again!

Navajocoin Community Please re-tweet

https://twitter.com/HaShForce101/status/686141230581874688
tolikkk

Activity: 952

www.pumpmycoin.com

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2016, 11:06:53 AM

Decentralisation Update

Hi Navajo Community,

I've made further progress over the weekend on the decentralization of NAV's anonymous network. This week I have been focusing on the encryption of the recipients address and have largely got this working now. I just have to  swap out the static encryption key with the live key sent back from the chosen server (which is the easy part). As it stands the wallet can now successfully encrypt and decrypt an address using RSA asymmetric public key encryption which is the hard part out of the way. If you're interested in the code, you can see my work in the following commit:

https://github.com/navajocoindev/navajocoin/commit/9c64f66572667dcdb39945246ccba8addae53d8c

I have also started a branch to investigate some of the performance issues the wallet has on low powered devices. The branch is called NIP2-performance-increase and can be seen here:

https://github.com/navajocoindev/navajocoin/commits/NIP2-performance-increase

Our testing of the Raspberry Pi image over the new year has shown that we need to increase performance on low powered devices before we can release it to the public. This is something our new developer Paul Headington will begin to investigate and fix in the coming week.

I've updated the projects page of the website to reflect the progress I've made on the Decentralization Implementation which now shows 30% (previously 20%). As you can see, we are steadily marching towards the finish line!

http://www.navajocoin.org/projects

I will continue to work on this in the evenings this coming week and report back with my progress at the end of the week again.

We will also have more exciting updates for you before then though, so don't forget to keep an eye on the forum!

Cheers,
Craig.

very good, hard, necessary and important work to be done under conditions of some limitations and some pressure on the done work we can see that the volume of the proposed material differs from the best designs and are developing that will eventually win and the need from the use of, and importance of evolution, and necessity of finding consensus, and best marketing and basically, the monetary part, welcome to the teamwork, it was evident that team spirit is strong NAV and what is reality in the minds of already vystragivaemaja build the skeletons of the future that is important, not to lose the thread and that not to go back to basics every time, best redgards comm of NAV!
I have a question, for example, conduct any activities on the testing of the system in a more comprehensive volumes, and large scale, will be prepared community of NAV or any Nav removal via ATM and ATMs or popolna about the monetary component of the NAV platform, if not a secret?
Thank you for job NAV team
chemal

Activity: 621
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:08:19 AM

Thank you pakage for this informations.
I really like the idea of your weekly updates! It brights much reliance to navajo. That is it what everyone wanted!

hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:27:00 AM

Anyone have a guestamate on how much the Raspberry Pi unit will cost . I like the power efficiency savings the unit can bring. Ill buy a unit with everything pre-installed with running Navajocoin software. Hopefully it's really easy to setup and run
I would like to see a YouTube tutorial video of one running before purchase. So I can see before hand if I have the technical skills to run one. You could probably just use a smart phone to record the youtube stuff and upload to a Navajocoin channel.

I  can  also do video editing for free on a RAW recording. So above can all be done for free with a Professional look and feel 
chemal

Activity: 621

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 11:55:33 AM

Anyone have a guestamate on how much the Raspberry Pi unit will cost . I like the power efficiency savings the unit can bring. Ill buy a unit with everything pre-installed with running Navajocoin software. Hopefully it's really easy to setup and run
I would like to see a YouTube tutorial video of one running before purchase. So I can see before hand if I have the technical skills to run one. You could probably just use a smart phone to record the youtube stuff and upload to a Navajocoin channel.

I  can  also do video editing for free on a RAW recording. So above can all be done for free with a Professional look and feel 

Hashforce maybe you could also help navajo team with marketing video materials about anon decentralization and web wallet??^^

I would also help but i am not sure if i can;p
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 12:42:06 PM

Hashforce maybe you could also help navajo team with marketing video materials about anon decentralization and web wallet??^^

I would also help but i am not sure if i can;p

It would be my pleasure
I'll upload a re-edited version of Navajocoin Bitcoin Rush Episode 35
I have condensed down from 10mins to just over 2mins to the hashforce101 channel
Uploading now
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 01:15:56 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 01:28:18 PM by hashforce101

Navajocoin Bitcoin Rush Episode 35 Navajocoin Re-edit 2mins 30 seconds

https://youtu.be/_939faQBqQ8

https://youtu.be/jPLn0ojT7d8 -Star Wars The Force Awakens Fan Edit
sluppy
Legendary

Activity: 2020
Merit: 1041

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 02:51:15 PM

A Pi2 will run you about 55 euros/USD with the adapter and a case.(u will still need a eth cable or a USB wifi connector)I see a full set onsale with cable for 59 euros atm. a touch screen will run you an additional 12.99 euros must be about the same in usd so for around 75 euros in hardware you could be done.
I'm not sure why it would need a touch screen or a customized OS on it raspbian works fine.(remote desktop works well for me but 12.99 isn't that bad.)
They just need to reduce the memory usage of the wallet by stripping it down to its bare essentials no bells or whistles like showing exchange prices.
Current NAv wallet is a huge memory hog that takes over 1gb of memory if they can cut that down to half or less that would be great then it would also run on Pi1 not just Pi2.(ive asked for this in the past I'm glad its finally happening)
This will allow people to stake 24/7 at only a few Watts. Good for the blockchain good for the coin good for everyone.

I would be happy to make a video tutorial once I have access to the tweaked wallet on how to compile and setup the PI2 if there is a need for that.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:08:46 PM

A Pi2 will run you about 55 euros/USD with the adapter and a case.(u will still need a eth cable or a USB wifi connector)I see a full set onsale with cable for 59 euros atm. a touch screen will run you an additional 12.99 euros must be about the same in usd so for around 75 euros in hardware you could be done.
I'm not sure why it would need a touch screen or a customized OS on it raspbian works fine.(remote desktop works well for me but 12.99 isn't that bad.)
They just need to reduce the memory usage of the wallet by stripping it down to its bare essentials no bells or whistles like showing exchange prices.
Current NAv wallet is a huge memory hog that takes over 1gb of memory if they can cut that down to half or less that would be great then it would also run on Pi1 not just Pi2.(ive asked for this in the past I'm glad its finally happening)
This will allow people to stake 24/7 at only a few Watts. Good for the blockchain good for the coin good for everyone.

I would be happy to make a video tutorial once I have access to the tweaked wallet on how to compile and setup the PI2 if there is a need for that.

How about putting NAV on a PINE?
It's better than a R.Pi2, and it's cheaper.

http://pine64.com/

Or maybe get ROKOS to do it?

http://rokos.space/

Just a thought.

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:12:30 PM

How about putting NAV on a PINE?
It's better than a R.Pi2, and it's cheaper.

http://pine64.com/

Or maybe get ROKOS to do it?

http://rokos.space/

Just a thought.

Thanks for the detailed answer and I  think a  video tutorial would be great when the time comes near. Awesome thanks sluppy
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 03:28:33 PM

I cant wait for Nav staking unit.
I will can stake 24/7 with it. I cant make it myself I no have enought skills.

I have sugestion that Nav Staking Unit must be very easy to working and completed to plug and play.
This allow new person in cryptocoins easy join and have some Nav's.

Anyway what with masternodes system ? will be added or is not needed ?
And Nav staking Unit maybe can be Masternode too ?? It can have version as normal staking wallet or be a Masternode ? if its possible ofc.
shahim
Legendary

Activity: 1082
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:09:10 PM
Last edit: January 10, 2016, 06:49:21 PM by shahim

I have sugestion that Nav Staking Unit must be very easy to working and completed to plug and play.

And Nav staking Unit maybe can be Masternode too ?? It can have version as normal staking wallet or be a Masternode ? if its possible ofc.

Main problem this Pi is suffering at the moment is the performance!  Right now it is not really doing its work.

It's a pity there is no msata ssd on the board. I try to bring the main system on a sd card and the blockchain data to a usb stick to spread the load on the device.

Edit: I just found a msata module. I will order it and keep you updated!
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 06:54:11 PM

Main problem this Pi is suffering at the moment is the performance!  Right now it is not really doing its work.

It's a pity there is no msata ssd on the board. I try to bring the main system on a sd card and the blockchain data to a usb stick to spread the load on the device.

Id advise you to use a Pi2 there is hardly any difference in cost but it preforms a lot better.
Yes I agree I would have loved a Sata port or it to be bootable from Usb would have been nice as well Ive read some posts from people that only bootup from the SD card and then run from USB that's a lot quicker but will take some modding.
Btw seems wallet is taking less then I thought it only takes up 750 mb ish so it will run on PI2 Mine is filled with other POS coins staking atm but ill try to run some test.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing. Edmund Burke -- May the forces of evil become confused on the way to your house.George Carlin
We pay for life with death , so everything in between should be free. Bill Hicks -- It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light. Aristotle
Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment. Buddha -- The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. Socrates
shahim
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2016, 07:13:04 PM

Id advise you to use a Pi2 there is hardly any difference in cost but it preforms a lot better.
Yes I agree I would have loved a Sata port or it to be bootable from Usb would have been nice as well Ive read some posts from people that only bootup from the SD card and then run from USB that's a lot quicker but will take some modding.
Btw seems wallet is taking less then I thought it only takes up 750 mb ish so it will run on PI2 Mine is filled with other POS coins staking atm but ill try to run some test.

Thnx! I already use a version 2 model.  But it seems the sd card is to slow to handle the blockchain data.
hashforce101
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 12:23:08 AM

When a Navajocoin Community Member has a chance . An easy and Free way to advertise is use your twitter account and one of the Navajocoin infographs with some good #hashtags

Please re-tweet Check out @HaShForce101's Tweet: https://twitter.com/HaShForce101/status/686341000931840000?s=09
sluppy
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 09:52:50 AM

Thnx! I already use a version 2 model.  But it seems the sd card is to slow to handle the blockchain data.

If u really want a Sata you could look at the Banana Pi it has one on board. But with sata the whole thing could get really expensive imo if u have to attach a sata disk as well it would be nicer to stick to Usb imo decent ones can do 20Mbs and up.

**I forgot you need a SD card in my previous posts .. lol so add another 10-20 euro's to the cost.

shahim
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 11:38:11 AM

If u really want a Sata you could look at the Banana Pi it has one on board. But with sata the whole thing could get really expensive imo if u have to attach a sata disk as well it would be nicer to stick to Usb imo decent ones can do 20Mbs and up.

**I forgot you need a SD card in my previous posts .. lol so add another 10-20 euro's to the cost.

I will use a USB to msata device to put all Blockchai ndata on it. This should realise a performance of around 30 to 40 Mb/s instead of 5Mb/s ... We will see.
Ginger Ninja

Activity: 373

They walk among us...

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 05:09:32 PM

I will use a USB to msata device to put all Blockchai ndata on it. This should realise a performance of around 30 to 40 Mb/s instead of 5Mb/s ... We will see.

Does the class difference on SD card not make a difference? IE Class 10 is quicker than class 4 (standard). If the I/O on the SD is locked at 5 Mbs then that will be the IOP (input output processor) and the buss will be locked at that speed usb or not?
shahim
Legendary

View Profile
January 11, 2016, 06:45:50 PM

Does the class difference on SD card not make a difference? IE Class 10 is quicker than class 4 (standard). If the I/O on the SD is locked at 5 Mbs then that will be the IOP (input output processor) and the buss will be locked at that speed usb or not?

That's correct!  It also depends on the blocksize writing speed. Most sd cards are for camera and smartphone usage. Not usefull for operation systems...

At all sd cards are slow... I get a max 8mb write speed on raspbian
Pages: « 1 ... 764 765 766 767 768 769 770 771 772 773 774 775 776 777 778 779 780 781 782 783 784 785 786 787 788 789 790 791 792 793 794 795 796 797 798 799 800 801 802 803 804 805 806 807 808 809 810 811 812 813 [814] 815 816 817 818 819 820 821 822 823 824 825 826 827 828 829 830 831 832 833 834 835 836 837 838 839 840 841 842 843 844 845 846 847 848 849 850 851 852 853 854 855 856 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: