Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 05:43:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 1241 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ★[ANN] [NAV] NAV COIN - Community Fund Live!!!  (Read 2085700 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
pakage

Activity: 794
Merit: 510

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 08:24:12 AM

When I access my %appdata% file, I still have two NAV related files. The two files are NavCoin and NavCoin2. I am almost certain the file NavCoin file is associated with the old NAV 1.0 wallet and is no longer important. If it is not needed I would like to get rid of it because it is using up 3+ gigs of SSD space. Can the experts here give me the green light to make NavCoin file go bye bye with out compromising the operation of my NAV 2.O wallet? Or just help me understand whats going on with those two files. Thank you.

The NavCoin folder is for the old blockchain. The NavCoin2 folder is for the new blockchain. You are safe to delete your NavCoin folder as long as you have already swapped for the new coins which I assume is the case. In any case, please always back up the wallet.dat file before removing anything. That is the important file which stores your private and public keys, so as long as you have that backed up (and your passphrase) you can recover any coins if you make a mistake.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

NAV COIN ANONYMOUS SUBCHAIN TRANSACTIONS ▪ NAVCOIN.ORG BITCOINTALK.ORG

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 08:45:04 AM

When I access my %appdata% file, I still have two NAV related files. The two files are NavCoin and NavCoin2. I am almost certain the file NavCoin file is associated with the old NAV 1.0 wallet and is no longer important. If it is not needed I would like to get rid of it because it is using up 3+ gigs of SSD space. Can the experts here give me the green light to make NavCoin file go bye bye with out compromising the operation of my NAV 2.O wallet? Or just help me understand whats going on with those two files. Thank you.

The NavCoin folder is for the old blockchain. The NavCoin2 folder is for the new blockchain. You are safe to delete your NavCoin folder as long as you have already swapped for the new coins which I assume is the case. In any case, please always back up the wallet.dat file before removing anything. That is the important file which stores your private and public keys, so as long as you have that backed up (and your passphrase) you can recover any coins if you make a mistake.

Perfect! Thank you for answering that for me. I did swap out the old coins for new (flawlessly if I may add) and did a recent back-up. Now I feel more comfortable with deleting the old blockchain NavCoin folder.

However, I do have one more question that has been on my mind for some time now. I have about 30+ back-up saves for NAV alone. My gut tells me I really don't need that many and I should be okay to purge most of them. Since, I've never asked and have stayed in the dark with this, I've just kept them all. better to be safe then sorry. How do others here manage there back-ups? Peace.
arseaboy

Activity: 644
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 09:41:43 AM

so its not going to have any problem between two folders nice to know that making sure my wallet was save so i wont getting any problem if something happen i will ask here too thanks for the previous question at least both of us has been answered in the same ways,.

██████████████████████  ▀███▄          ▄██▄          ▄██████▄   █████████████████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀███▄        ▄████▄        ▄███▀▀███▄   █████████████████████████
                          ▀███▄      ▄██████▄      ▄███▀  ▀███▄       ▐███       ███▌
                           ▀███▄    ▄███▀▀███▄    ▄███▀    ▀███▄      ▐███       ███▌
   █████████████████        ▀███▄  ▄███▀  ▀███▄  ▄███▀      ▀███▄     ▐███       ███▌
                             ▀███▄▄███▀    ▀███▄▄███▀        ▀███▄    ▐███       ███▌
                              ▀██████▀      ▀██████▀          ▀███▄   ▐███       ███▌
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▀████▀        ▀████▀            ▀███▄  ▐███       ███▌
██████████████████████          ▀██▀          ▀██▀              ▀███▄ ▐███       ███▌

R E I M A G I N I N G    E N E R G Y
█▄
▄█████▄
▄████▀████▄
▄█████▌ ▐█████▄
▄███▀▀██▌ ▐██▀▀███▄
▄█████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄█████▄
█████████▄     ▄█████████
██████  ▀██▌ ▐██▀  ██████
▀██████▄  ▀▌ ▐▀  ▄██████▀
▀███████▄     ▄███████▀
▀▀██████▌ ▐██████▀▀
▀▀▀▀▄█▄▀▀▀▀
█████
[.
TELEGRAM    MEDIUM
TWITTER   FACEBOOK
]███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
[PRE-SALE]
C O M I N G 
SOON███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███

███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
colvano

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 09:45:46 AM

Perfect! Thank you for answering that for me. I did swap out the old coins for new (flawlessly if I may add) and did a recent back-up. Now I feel more comfortable with deleting the old blockchain NavCoin folder.

However, I do have one more question that has been on my mind for some time now. I have about 30+ back-up saves for NAV alone. My gut tells me I really don't need that many and I should be okay to purge most of them. Since, I've never asked and have stayed in the dark with this, I've just kept them all. better to be safe then sorry. How do others here manage there back-ups? Peace.

I do wonder the same. Perhaps someone could write a small and simple guide how to make decent backups?

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2016, 10:03:10 AM

With the mobile wallet or the thin clients, all you need is your 12 word seed phrase. there's no need to back up regularly. It uses BIP32 address generation and can recover all generated addresses from the seed phrase. From my testing this works as expected. feel free to test it yourself and if you're comfortable with it, use it like this.

With the full node wallets (ones that store the whole blockchain locally) you need to back up your wallet.dat file after every time you create a new keypair (address).

Personally I save the latest 3 backups so i can roll back with minimal losses if my latest one becomes corrupted some how.

i think this is personal preference, you could store just the latest one if you feel comfortable with that, or store them all, or anywhere between depending on your levels of paranoia!

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

kold678

Activity: 240

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 07:51:44 PM

is the newest wallet ver 3.6 as mine keep hanging up after awhile trying to sync and stops responding only 8 active connections thought there would be more thanks  Huh
Galahad111

Activity: 340
Merit: 122

View Profile
September 24, 2016, 10:36:39 PM

With the mobile wallet or the thin clients, all you need is your 12 word seed phrase. there's no need to back up regularly. It uses BIP32 address generation and can recover all generated addresses from the seed phrase. From my testing this works as expected. feel free to test it yourself and if you're comfortable with it, use it like this.

With the full node wallets (ones that store the whole blockchain locally) you need to back up your wallet.dat file after every time you create a new keypair (address).

Personally I save the latest 3 backups so i can roll back with minimal losses if my latest one becomes corrupted some how.

i think this is personal preference, you could store just the latest one if you feel comfortable with that, or store them all, or anywhere between depending on your levels of paranoia!

Many thanks Package for your help.

One more question just surfaced. What is the recommended staking strategy for qt wallets?  E.g. 1 address staking entire stash of coins vs distributing total NAV equally amongst several address within the wallet.

also when I go to coin control and want to move coins, does conformations mater when trying to avoid disturbing the staking process? Please refer me to the page if this topic has already been discussed. Things may be different with NavCoin 2.0

Thank you again.

Diego24

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 03:09:45 AM

Wow. Look at this guy bashing NAVcoin and his team on internet:

https://www.quora.com/Is-cryptocurrency-NAV-coin-a-good-investment

By the way, what is a rich list and why does that kill NAVcoin's anonimity ?
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 08:03:44 AM

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. I am writing a response now Smiley

There is a rich list included in our block explorer provided by chainz: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/#!rich

This has no relevance to our anonymity as a transaction processor. It simply shows which addresses are holding what values of NAV. This is pretty standard for a cryptocurrency. You can see that this website provides block explorers and hence rich lists for many coins.

Any crypto which is open source (which is a requirement to being traded on all exchanges) has this information publicly available. That is how blockchains work!

I guess if monero doesnt publish a block explorer or a rich list, it just means that you would have to compile monero and write your own script to find this information out for you. Making it harder for the average joe, but by no means impossible.

There is no way to be a crypto which has a public block chain which you can't look up information about address balances..

It's up to users to protect the anonymity of addresses they own.

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

colvano

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 08:44:17 AM

There is a rich list included in our block explorer provided by chainz: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/nav/#!rich

This has no relevance to our anonymity as a transaction processor. It simply shows which addresses are holding what values of NAV. This is pretty standard for a cryptocurrency. You can see that this website provides block explorers and hence rich lists for many coins.

Any crypto which is open source (which is a requirement to being traded on all exchanges) has this information publicly available. That is how blockchains work!

I guess if monero doesnt publish a block explorer or a rich list, it just means that you would have to compile monero and write your own script to find this information out for you. Making it harder for the average joe, but by no means impossible.

There is no way to be a crypto which has a public block chain which you can't look up information about address balances..

IMG

That is a very good description made on Quora. People reading that will fast understand the basics of NAV, great work!

NavtechServers.com - Navtech Servers: Status, Reviews, Information, Guides and News. Follow on Twitter
pakage

NavCoin Founder

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 08:56:23 AM

IMG

That is a very good description made on Quora. People reading that will fast understand the basics of NAV, great work!

If you liked that, you'll love the 20+ page whitepaper im publishing tomorrow ;-)

███████████████████
████████████
███████
█████████████
████████████████████

Diego24

Merit: 501

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 11:51:08 AM

IMG

If you liked that, you'll love the 20+ page whitepaper im publishing tomorrow ;-)
Awesome. Looking forward to it :-)
KemotTM

Activity: 23
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 12:29:52 PM

I have a problem with sending nav from my wallet to poloniex or bittrex. Can someone help me solve this problem?
colvano

View Profile WWW
September 25, 2016, 12:59:48 PM

I have a problem with sending nav from my wallet to poloniex or bittrex. Can someone help me solve this problem?

What wallet are you using?

In general you should just get your deposit address from Poloniex or Bittrex, paste it into recieving address into your wallet and select the amount of NAV you want to send.
What details you have about the problem? What is the amount you are trying to send?

KemotTM

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:14:08 PM

wallet for windows namecoin-qt.exe  operating normally, staking normally, everything is good. the problem is only with the sending, I'm trying to send 20,000 navcoins, enter the address, enter the pasword and confirm but nothing happens, navcoins are not sent
Sjacmur

Activity: 882
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:22:40 PM

namecoin-qt Huh
Anyway if its Nav wallet 3.6 for windows you must close firts wallet. Stop staking I mean.
After lunch again and send coins. Its little issue but thats works you cant send when you staking.
KemotTM

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 01:27:44 PM

namecoin-qt Huh
Anyway if its Nav wallet 3.6 for windows you must close firts wallet. Stop staking I mean.
After lunch again and send coins. Its little issue but thats works you cant send when you staking.

Navcoin_3.6.0. Windows_Wallet exactly from navcoin.org

OK  I stopped staking and sending no problem, thank you for your answer
plastcom

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 06:11:26 PM

Gentlemen, the great days ahead.
Tomorrow will release White Paper - what it means for NAV?

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁
[AZBIT] Join to great asset exchange | Serious project for Real Investors & Traders | Gold,Oil,Apple,Netflix and others!
▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔▔
sandwraithBTC

Activity: 151
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 07:09:55 PM

great news. Nav is on the moon again Smiley
Frederik_FL

Activity: 35

View Profile
September 25, 2016, 09:46:17 PM

Gentlemen, the great days ahead.
Tomorrow will release White Paper - what it means for NAV?

A step in the good direction.

But please make a difference between "good" news and "great" news.
It's not the first time that NAV will release a white paper.
Pages: « 1 ... 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 [972] 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 ... 1241 »
  Print  

Jump to: