Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:26:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:49:10 PM

BTW, I only dumped on bittrex which is why cryptsy seems a bit more stable. Smiley All done for now though, so no more cause for alarm.

lol you did it good

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 08:55:27 PM

I think the recent dump is due to nxt multipool who mined a lot of btcd.
This will only be happen once if I am right.
exactly
sorry to cause anyone alarm
I had to liquidate nearly 5000 BTCD, which is now completed, to pay out some miners. Smiley

So, now it goes up! Smiley
@jl777 I like your technical understanding and your postings! This thread is very interesting!!! (I am afraid of FUDs incoming since the value of BTCD is growing.)
The FUDsters will have to work pretty hard to come up with bad stuff to say about BTCD.

Giant premine for coin founders of ~20000 BTCD, worth a few BTC for the first week+ of coin launch. Hmm, nope doesnt seem FUDable to me

lets see. Oh, yeah, BTCD is a scam because there is nothing new. Sure, they can go with that and then explain how https://github.com/jl777/pNXT is nothing new. Also, if I am just writing new code I write ~1000 lines, then it takes a day or two to debug, so several thousand lines of new code per week. Every once in a while, I refactor and replace old code with much cleaner code so my output goes "negative", but that is just part of the process. Write code, debug, refactor. Add new feature. Repeat

OK, maybe they say my approach to privacyServers is no good. In that case I am very eager to hear about flaws so I can fix them.

Clearly privacy is a core feature, but BTCD will be far more than an anon coin. It will be a gateway coin into a universe of decentralized features. And I will keep adding to these decentralized features steadily. Maybe I slow down a bit after BTCD is near top of coinmarketcap, but for the rest of this year, I plan to continue my pace of 100+ hrs per week

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
shrekster

Activity: 299
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:55:42 PM

I predict .005 by the end of tonight.
thevampireskilledit

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 08:59:36 PM

exactly
I had to liquidate nearly 5000 BTCD, which is now completed, to pay out some miners. Smiley

@jl777 I like your technical understanding and your postings! This thread is very interesting!!! (I am afraid of FUDs incoming since the value of BTCD is growing.)
The FUDsters will have to work pretty hard to come up with bad stuff to say about BTCD.

Giant premine for coin founders of ~20000 BTCD, worth a few BTC for the first week+ of coin launch. Hmm, nope doesnt seem FUDable to me

lets see. Oh, yeah, BTCD is a scam because there is nothing new. Sure, they can go with that and then explain how https://github.com/jl777/pNXT is nothing new. Also, if I am just writing new code I write ~1000 lines, then it takes a day or two to debug, so several thousand lines of new code per week. Every once in a while, I refactor and replace old code with much cleaner code so my output goes "negative", but that is just part of the process. Write code, debug, refactor. Add new feature. Repeat

OK, maybe they say my approach to privacyServers is no good. In that case I am very eager to hear about flaws so I can fix them.

Clearly privacy is a core feature, but BTCD will be far more than an anon coin. It will be a gateway coin into a universe of decentralized features. And I will keep adding to these decentralized features steadily. Maybe I slow down a bit after BTCD is near top of coinmarketcap, but for the rest of this year, I plan to continue my pace of 100+ hrs per week

James

Hi James,

Regarding privacy, have you seen what bitshares TITAN has?
https://i.imgur.com/7ki3fe3.jpg

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:00:05 PM

I predict .005 by the end of tonight.
For that we would have to exceed LTC volumes.
Anyway, I think current price level is a good place to be for a few days, let more people get in at these prices.
What most people dont realize yet is how significant the 1.2 million fixed number of coins is.

.002 price for BTCD is like .0005 price for a coin with 5 million coins and .00005 price for a coin with 50 million coins

Even XMR has over 2 million coins and many more added every day.

Anyway, time to start coding.

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:09:11 PM

exactly

James

Hi James,

cool looking chart, reminds me of metro station maps for some reason.
I dont really understand what they are doing, but with a color chart like that it must be good Smiley

There just isnt enough details on how TITAN hides the info on the blockchain. I cant tell what level of privacy they get with this. One problem that none of the other solutions (that I know of) solves is the user error issue. See, to maintain high levels of privacy you need to be diligent and never expose your IP address anywhere that you dont trust.

This is why I designed the hub and spoke model of privacyServers. The privacyServers are public nodes, so everybody knows their IP addresses and each BTCD client connects through encrypted channel to a privacyServer. So now, you can avoid having the best anon algo totally negated because you logged into your email without going through a proxy.

Theoretically, maybe there isnt much added anon to this, but in practice it will make all the difference in the world. I dont want BTCD users to have to use Tor (that's a big red "come and investigate me" flag!) or I2P or anything to raise issues. Just normal use and if everybody is using BTCD, then using BTCD is normal!

So, my design is for everybody to gain privacy without needing to know anything about how to setup Tor, proxies, etc. Of course the people running privacyServers will need to know this, but they will get compensation for it

Do we have someone that can make pretty chart like that? I bet we can make one look much cooler

James

Cornett

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:22:44 PM

The major mass of people bought BTCD at 120-140 ksat. The prise will not falling lower than = [Buy Price]+[30% of Buy price]. So now there is a big opportunity to buy in. The coin change hands at the prices near 180 ksat

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Azeh (OP)

Activity: 441

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:25:53 PM

exactly

James

Hi James,

cool looking chart, reminds me of metro station maps for some reason.
I dont really understand what they are doing, but with a color chart like that it must be good Smiley

There just isnt enough details on how TITAN hides the info on the blockchain. I cant tell what level of privacy they get with this. One problem that none of the other solutions (that I know of) solves is the user error issue. See, to maintain high levels of privacy you need to be diligent and never expose your IP address anywhere that you dont trust.

This is why I designed the hub and spoke model of privacyServers. The privacyServers are public nodes, so everybody knows their IP addresses and each BTCD client connects through encrypted channel to a privacyServer. So now, you can avoid having the best anon algo totally negated because you logged into your email without going through a proxy.

Theoretically, maybe there isnt much added anon to this, but in practice it will make all the difference in the world. I dont want BTCD users to have to use Tor (that's a big red "come and investigate me" flag!) or I2P or anything to raise issues. Just normal use and if everybody is using BTCD, then using BTCD is normal!

So, my design is for everybody to gain privacy without needing to know anything about how to setup Tor, proxies, etc. Of course the people running privacyServers will need to know this, but they will get compensation for it

Do we have someone that can make pretty chart like that? I bet we can make one look much cooler

James

Yes, no worries.  Gitbknowsall is putting together infographics to better illustrate the btcd tech!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:32:03 PM

I have some bad news:

"moneysupply" : 1177663.72510559 midnite Tues
"moneysupply" : 1177736.38533444 4:30 PM Tues

criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:34:33 PM

I have some bad news:

"moneysupply" : 1177663.72510559 midnite Tues
"moneysupply" : 1177736.38533444 4:30 PM Tues

uhm can you explain  Huh

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Juicemixer

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:36:16 PM

That is the overall amount of BTCD. Not sure why it's bad news.
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:37:25 PM

That is the overall amount of BTCD.

yes and i see it has increased by ~70 coins through pos. what is the problem now? too many coins?

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2014, 09:42:50 PM

yes and i see it has increased by ~70 coins through pos. what is the problem now? too many coins?
This projects to a daily rate of ~100 coins per day. I had estimated closer to 200 coins. I posted instructions on how to maximize staking, but I guess most BTCD is still on exchanges? Not sure if the total output depends on total coins staking, if so, it will take much longer to get to 22 million coins. Not sure, something absurd like 100 years?

so at 100 coins per day, that is 36,500 call it 40,000 more in a year
1177663 + 40000 = 1217663

This is ~3.4%, now compounding will boost it some, but not to 5%

Now the FUDsters can come at us saying BTCD is always overestimating the number of coins!
First they said 1.6 million coins, but only 1.2 million
Then they said 5% per year, but it wont even be 4%

Smiley

James

criptix
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:47:11 PM

This projects to a daily rate of ~100 coins per day. I had estimated closer to 200 coins. I posted instructions on how to maximize staking, but I guess most BTCD is still on exchanges? Not sure if the total output depends on total coins staking, if so, it will take much longer to get to 22 million coins. Not sure, something absurd like 100 years?

so at 100 coins per day, that is 36,500 call it 40,000 more in a year
1177663 + 40000 = 1217663

This is ~3.4%, now compounding will boost it some, but not to 5%

Now the FUDsters can come at us saying BTCD is always overestimating the number of coins!
First they said 1.6 million coins, but only 1.2 million
Then they said 5% per year, but it wont even be 4%

Smiley

James

yeah i did the exact same math too (with 5% annual interest rate), i guess alot of coins are on exchanges right now to play daytrading.

This is a PoS-Coin now, everyone should put as much as possible in their wallet and stake.

just remember what happened with mintpal and vericoin not long ago!

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
Cornett

Activity: 700

★ IT's Party Time! ★

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:48:42 PM

Grin Grin Grin Very optimistic !
Just found this

https://twitter.com/vangainvest/status/491692755542736896

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
matrix961

Activity: 150

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:51:45 PM

everyone should put as much as possible in their wallet and stake.

Now just kindly sell into my 180k's buy orders and I'll be happy to transfer those to my wallet...and stake... Tongue
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:52:51 PM

I retweeted although I have 900 more twitter followers.. Grin Grin

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
criptix
Legendary

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:53:51 PM

Now just kindly sell into my 180k's buy orders and I'll be happy to transfer those to my wallet...and stake... Tongue

ah sorry mate im staking and waiting myself for my buys to get filled  Grin

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
  ██████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
koralon

Activity: 185

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:54:11 PM

Yeah I understand, it's because some random Twitter account user can see to the future.

Also 12 followers means that other people believe in him.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 09:58:38 PM

ah sorry mate im staking and waiting myself for my buys to get filled  Grin

How low will it it go to you think back to yesterday's levels? Cos I wanna try buy some more..and then take off and stake.

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

JOIN OIKOS

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: