Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 08:37:23 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
ralexvalex

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:03:42 AM

Why TF are these crazy selling walls on bitrex .. they don't allow the value to rise...

Profit selling by those who jumped in yesterday. I guess we all knew it will come back to 180 in a day or two. Let them sell. It means nothing for the coin.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 12:25:22 PM

most of the coins generated by my wallet are not accepted (I guess that's what's called orphan blocks?), why is that, will this get improved?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
Starfleet.Intelligence

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:18:08 PM

most of the coins generated by my wallet are not accepted (I guess that's what's called orphan blocks?), why is that, will this get improved?

Maybe you have high latency due to bad connection that gives you disadvantage while synchronisation!?!?

On my side I have about 5% rejection ratio and I think this is quite normal. Also mostly I get 0.0X to 0.00X BTCD income from stacking  Sad Is this normal?

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:22:03 PM

Wow, wow, wow is all I can say!  I've just read through the first 94 pages of this thread and felt it necessary to say hello to the community. So...... what up btcd community!  From jump, this thread has been quite fun, interesting and exciting to read.  And JL777, you are the freakin man!

I've felt really golden about other coins before, but there was always a deep rooted, subconscious feeling of fear involved in such crypto investments...... and I don't get any of those weird feelings from what I've read thus far.  There's not even much FUD or hate going on here either. I'm sure that will come as this coin becomes more popular, but it all feels so pure at the moment.  Kudos to the devs, miners and community members for that.  This is going to be big, it seems, and I feel fortunate to have been able to get in during this pullback  Grin

Just wanted to make myself known so I can begin to establish a positive rep here, as I would really like to help in any way possible.  And this thread is great for learning as well, which is what it's all about anyway.  It's been a joy getting to know folks through their posts and I can't wait to get through the rest of the thread.  

Outstanding job to everyone!!!

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3444
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 01:34:23 PM

Does anybody know how often you can query each exchanges API without getting blacklisted?

for the following exchanges
#define BITTREX_FEEDID 0xfeed0001L
#define CRYPTSY_FEEDID 0xfeed0002L
#define POLONIEX_FEEDID 0xfeed0003L
#define MINTPAL_FEEDID 0xfeed0004L
#define BTER_FEEDID 0xfeed0005L

dont want to blast out too many queries, but also dont want it to be updating once per minute either

I got some HTML help and now have graphic updating every second, which is plenty fast. Just a test loop, no actual data yet, that's for this weekend

James

Not sure about each exchange, but I did recently find out that MintPal is 10 queries a second.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
kjadB

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:35:39 PM

Wow, wow, wow is all I can say!  I've just read through the first 94 pages of this thread and felt it necessary to say hello to the community. So...... what up btcd community!  From jump, this thread has been quite fun, interesting and exciting to read.  And JL777, you are the freakin man!

I've felt really golden about other coins before, but there was always a deep rooted, subconscious feeling of fear involved in such crypto investments...... and I don't get any of those weird feelings from what I've read thus far.  There's not even much FUD or hate going on here either. I'm sure that will come as this coin becomes more popular, but it all feels so pure at the moment.  Kudos to the devs, miners and community members for that.  This is going to be big, it seems, and I feel fortunate to have been able to get in during this pullback  Grin

Just wanted to make myself known so I can begin to establish a positive rep here, as I would really like to help in any way possible.  And this thread is great for learning as well, which is what it's all about anyway.  It's been a joy getting to know folks through their posts and I can't wait to get through the rest of the thread.  

Peace

I agree man! This coin feels very different to other crypto.

Question, do I have better chance of getting a stake coin if I leave my wallet open 24/7, or if I open once every day for an hour or so is my chance of getting stake coins the same?
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 01:56:59 PM

Peace

Question, do I have better chance of getting a stake coin if I leave my wallet open 24/7, or if I open once every day for an hour or so is my chance of getting stake coins the same?

In this thread somewhere, James laid out what he thought was the best way to maximize the staking profit. By using the "coin control" feature within the wallet and splitting up your coins between like 10 or more addresses, you should get a better stake.  I'm not sure which page, but I'll need to go back myself and refresh my mind with what he said specifically.  Hopefully someone can give the page number or a better explanation.

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:01:30 PM
Last edit: August 23, 2014, 11:48:10 AM by id10tothe9

Maybe you have high latency due to bad connection that gives you disadvantage while synchronisation!?!?

On my side I have about 5% rejection ratio and I think this is quite normal. Also mostly I get 0.0X to 0.00X BTCD income from stacking  Sad Is this normal?

wow ok only 5% rejection this is a big difference to what I get. My internet connection is not too fast (12MBit/s) and I was thinking of switching to a faster one, do you really think it's the reason or could it be something else? cuz in that case I would really switch my connection, me want to have more BTCD Grin Grin

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 02:32:25 PM

Peace

In this thread somewhere, James laid out what he thought was the best way to maximize the staking profit. By using the "coin control" feature within the wallet and splitting up your coins between like 10 or more addresses, you should get a better stake.  I'm not sure which page, but I'll need to go back myself and refresh my mind with what he said specifically.  Hopefully someone can give the page number or a better explanation.

Peace

kjadB,  I found the quote from James regarding staking.  Whether it actually is the best way, who knows.  I'm gonna mess around and see what works for me.  Here's the quote....... Wink

"How to maximize your staking income

The staking is a bit tricky. After you wait for the coins to start staking, you will notice that when you do get a "mining" tx coming in, then your power is reduced temporarily. I havent dug into all the details, but the following is a practical way to minimize the downtime.

You need to make N addresses, make sure to backup the wallet after you do this as this generates new private keys, so an old backup wont have them all.

Make sure you enable the "display coin control" option in preferences

Now comes the tricky part. Most of you probably have all your precious in a single address. This means that whenever you get a new block, you have to wait. So, we need to spread the balance evenly to the N addresses. To do this, you need to control the inputs, so do a send to your first new address and to do this you need to click the inputs button on the send dialog.

Select your big account as the input. Now when you send you will have to wait a block or two until your big address gets the change.

Keep doing this until all your addresses have approx the same number of coins.

You will have to wait a while before they kick into gear, but when they do, what happens is that only a fraction of your power goes offline when you get a block!

So if you split into 10 addresses, you lose 10% power for a bit. Not sure the full recovery time, but it seems to take a few hours, so the optimum number of addresses is based on how long on average you will get a block. Of course, if you have the time and patience to do this, you could just split it up into 100 accts and then only 1% goes into recovery phase at a time, but that is only worth it if you are a BTCD whale

James
"

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 02:58:29 PM

hey guys, I have lowered the payout threshhold to 0.5 BTCD on BTCDPool.com - next payout cycle will include everyone over 0.5 BTCD

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:00:44 PM

Does anybody know how often you can query each exchanges API without getting blacklisted?

dont want to blast out too many queries, but also dont want it to be updating once per minute either

I got some HTML help and now have graphic updating every second, which is plenty fast. Just a test loop, no actual data yet, that's for this weekend

James
I usually just make a local redis key of the exchange rate lookups, and then refresh those keys rom each exchange every minute.
You could to every 10-15 seconds if you wanted for all of them except poloniex, they have a hardware load balancer that starts dropping after X many connections per interval.  I'm not sure the exact number, though, nor do I think they publish it...

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
p2pool.name

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 03:07:44 PM

hey guys, I have lowered the payout threshhold to 0.5 BTCD on BTCDPool.com - next payout cycle will include everyone over 0.5 BTCD

I'am still waiting for my first payout sine July 21th.
Balance > 4.4 and nothing is paid until now.
Please check RKAgCYoJHVpk3KesayAxDJnq3wsSYzQaLt

Also there is no mail or contact at btcdpool.com.

not professional!

Angry

Check out our p2pool-node at http://p2pool.name
Starfleet.Intelligence

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:10:00 PM

On my side I have about 5% rejection ratio and I think this is quite normal. Also mostly I get 0.0X to 0.00X BTCD income from stacking  Sad Is this normal?

wow ok only 5% rejection this is a big difference to what I get. My internet connection is not too fast (12MBit/s) and I was thinking of switching to a faster one, do you really think it's the reason or could it be something else? cuz in that case I would really switch my connection, me want to have more BTCD Grin Grin

edit: I also get 0.0x BTCD with about 2000BTCD in the wallet.

I think relevant is not throughput, but latency (ping). Maybe someone else has an idea concerning the rejection ratio what could be crux of the matter...

However, with 2k BTCD and currently about  ~5% interest / year you'd ideally get about ~0.27 BTCD per day  Undecided.
id10tothe9

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:37:06 PM

I think relevant is not throughput, but latency (ping). Maybe someone else has an idea concerning the rejection ratio what could be crux of the matter...

However, with 2k BTCD and currently about  ~5% interest / year you'd ideally get about ~0.27 BTCD per day  Undecided.

thanks for the info! I guess I would get 0.27 BTCD per day if all the mined coins were accepted (I meant 0.0x for each successful mining). I tested my connection now and I get a ping time of 46ms, is that too slow? If somebody can be sure this is the reason for the low success rate then I would really get a faster connection even if it's more expensive.
(cuz BTCD worth it Grin)

edit: retested ping, it takes even 60ms sometimes..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
newfred28

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 03:41:25 PM

great news! i hope see my payout very soon!!  Grin
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:19:09 PM

Amazing! Just finished reading the thread from page 1 to the present; I'm blown away with the knowledge and communication from the dev team!  It took me about a day and a half to read through.  Fortunately, me reading the thread coincided with the dip.  As I was reading, I'd get more excited and set new orders. Was able to ride it down and picked up at 1118 and now have been following it back up and still have active orders. This has been a really fun 36 hours! Best thing...... it's only the beginning.

How this thread has escaped any FUD is beyond me.  Truly unbelievable.  Love where this is headed! Grin

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:56:18 PM

On my side I have about 5% rejection ratio and I think this is quite normal. Also mostly I get 0.0X to 0.00X BTCD income from stacking  Sad Is this normal?

100 BTCD per day / ~1400 blocks per day -> ave .07 BTC per staked block

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 06:58:54 PM

Peace
Welcome to the transformation of crypto!
I knew there is a good thing about lower prices, it brings in new people who are longer term thinkers than day traders
That is what we need, more peoples to help build all the parts I dont do

James

Starfleet.Intelligence

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 07:01:43 PM

However, with 2k BTCD and currently about  ~5% interest / year you'd ideally get about ~0.27 BTCD per day  Undecided.

thanks for the info! I guess I would get 0.27 BTCD per day if all the mined coins were accepted (I meant 0.0x for each successful mining). I tested my connection now and I get a ping time of 46ms, is that too slow? If somebody can be sure this is the reason for the low success rate then I would really get a faster connection even if it's more expensive.
(cuz BTCD worth it Grin)

edit: retested ping, it takes even 60ms sometimes..

I think your ping is quite normal. But I would let the experts (devs?) judge here, but I see nothing really abnormal concerning ping. Also Im new to the PoS used here, so I cannot really help.

BTW: I got us to the listing here (theres not much I can do, but I try what I can  Grin): https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=568166.0
So everybody please vote to get some attention.

BTW2: Why the hell is everybody selling? I am HODLing Kiss
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2014, 07:05:19 PM

James

Not sure about each exchange, but I did recently find out that MintPal is 10 queries a second.
10 queries a second, ok that's plenty, I will set it at 5 seconds, should give good dataset

Pages: « 1 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 [115] 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: