Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:04:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
stlcoin

Activity: 63
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 05:02:28 PM

Any recommendations of which pool to use, have a few S1 like to run?

I been using http://btcd.xpool.ca/ without any problems but the problem I see is that I generaly do not think its worth mining on a multipool unless can add considerably more coins to the kitty to mine on. I generally mine about 4 to 6BTCD daily with 700GH or so but to be honest looking at conversions better to mine other coins and then buy up BTCD

Was on http://sha256d.ispace.co.uk/ said "This pool is marked for closure, please withdraw your coins as soon as possible"  What happened there?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:26:15 PM

Wish BTCD was on BitcoinWisdom; sure would like to have better charts to view  Undecided

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
SHossain

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:46:12 PM

I been using http://btcd.xpool.ca/ without any problems but the problem I see is that I generaly do not think its worth mining on a multipool unless can add considerably more coins to the kitty to mine on. I generally mine about 4 to 6BTCD daily with 700GH or so but to be honest looking at conversions better to mine other coins and then buy up BTCD

Was on http://sha256d.ispace.co.uk/ said "This pool is marked for closure, please withdraw your coins as soon as possible"  What happened there?

The POW stage finished. You can't mine BTCD anymore. Mining will not generate any coins. You need to trade / buy from exchanges.
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:07:21 PM

Might be helpful to provide a brief, jargon-free TDLR summary of what this would mean for an average user (for the non-techies among us).
I want to make it so people can say: "buy 1 BTC worth of BTCD at an average price of .00125, but no higher than .0015"
This sounds not so impressive, but I also want to be able to qualify such orders with: "only buy when the slope is positive", or basically any state represented by the colored lines.

This way, when InstantDEX is connecting two people, the tradebot can determine if it is able to trade at that moment.

Now knowing exactly when to trade or not is very difficult thing, but there are people that specialize in making these things. I am creating a framework for people to create very advanced tradebots using SVM tech. Other people can then subscribe to these custom created tradebots. So in a few months it will be possible for people to use highly sophisticated signals. I will make it so that a fee is paid only if it a profitable trade, this way people dont waste money on bots that dont work and the people that do make bots that work will get good income

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET
thevampireskilledit

Activity: 234
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:31:59 PM

Might be helpful to provide a brief, jargon-free TDLR summary of what this would mean for an average user (for the non-techies among us).
I want to make it so people can say: "buy 1 BTC worth of BTCD at an average price of .00125, but no higher than .0015"
This sounds not so impressive, but I also want to be able to qualify such orders with: "only buy when the slope is positive", or basically any state represented by the colored lines.

This way, when InstantDEX is connecting two people, the tradebot can determine if it is able to trade at that moment.

Now knowing exactly when to trade or not is very difficult thing, but there are people that specialize in making these things. I am creating a framework for people to create very advanced tradebots using SVM tech. Other people can then subscribe to these custom created tradebots. So in a few months it will be possible for people to use highly sophisticated signals. I will make it so that a fee is paid only if it a profitable trade, this way people dont waste money on bots that dont work and the people that do make bots that work will get good income

James

It's amazing to hear about and I hope the price reflects your hard work when this begins to launch.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:52:30 PM

James

It's amazing to hear about and I hope the price reflects your hard work when this begins to launch.
I am not worried about price. We were holding steady at .00015 for almost a week after I announced my involvement. you can see it right on the charts july 16th. then the press hit along with some pump and dumpers, massive liquidity, but off to the next "hot" coin they went, so now we are about 3 days into the horizontal price. In fact the price action looks very similar to the previous. Of course, highly unlike to exactly repeat.

Anyway, this is marathon. Even if you fall down, as long as you get up and keep going, you will finish the race. I dont intend to even fall down Smiley

It is the value that I work to build. The price will oscillate around the value. BTCD will be one of very few coins with actual value, and I mean financial value. When InstantDEX starts revenue sharing, all privacyServer operators get income, but so will all BTCD stakers. The revenue will probably be in BTC for the BTCD stakers to simplify things. As InstantDEX grows in volume, the value of BTCD grows. There will be times the crazy market pays a lot more than the value and sometimes sells for a lot less.

Price is manic/depressive roller coaster. Value is something that grows steadily. Unfortunately not a way to put a nice number to value, but I do see that a lot of people have become BTCD HODL'ers, so maybe they understand a bit of what is to come.

Some guys are coin pumpers. I am a coin builder.

James

japandrew73

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 06:55:32 PM

Great to be a part of a coin with such a dedicated dev.  I'm a LONG-TERM holder.  Need some marketing guys
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:02:21 PM

jl777 can you tell us a bit more about the privacyServers? will that be like a software that anybody can download and let it run, or what kind of knowledge will it need to be operated?

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:08:53 PM

jl777 can you tell us a bit more about the privacyServers? will that be like a software that anybody can download and let it run, or what kind of knowledge will it need to be operated?
It will be for Ubuntu, so anybody with VPS should be able to build and run it. You would need to be able to survive without a GUI and do some command line.

I just looked at the bid/ask ratio on bittrex and it is some crazy 8:1 ratio. Clearly, we have mostly hodl'ers
usually ratios like that are seen only during massive pump, and this is when the price is going sideways during sleepy time.

OK, I am feeling good positive energy and I see a way to get a very very simple tradebot done. Not sure how long, but I think a simple demonstration for trading would be pretty cool

James

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:10:08 PM

Great to be a part of a coin with such a dedicated dev.  I'm a LONG-TERM holder.  Need some marketing guys
marketing takes the weekend off Smiley
by working weekends, I get 40% more productivity.
By working 16 hr days, I get another double.
So without any magic, I get three times more stuff done.

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:18:11 PM

Those who FUD the development of this coin are crrraaazzyy, indeed!  There's so much communication here, I almost can't believe it. I mean, between coding 100 hrs/week, 1000 lines/day, eating, sleeping and keeping us informed, I don't see how you do it James. You must be wearing old skool Velcro sneakers so you don't have to tie your laces huh?  Absolutely amazing job dude!!!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:25:11 PM

Those who FUD the development of this coin are crrraaazzyy, indeed!  There's so much communication here, I almost can't believe it. I mean, between coding 100 hrs/week, 1000 lines/day, eating, sleeping and keeping us informed, I don't see how you do it James. You must be wearing old skool Velcro sneakers so you don't have to tie your laces huh?  Absolutely amazing job dude!!!
no commute, work at home, usually dont wear shoes Smiley
Also, 1000 lines is max output (ok, I think I once did 2500 lines in a single "day" but it was something like 20 hours straight) and after I write it, have to debug it. I think sustained output is closer to 300 lines per day

I am also doing a bunch of stuff over in NXT, especially with uMGW, but it all is part of same system. By doing so many things all of this is active in my head and I think this creates some "magic" so I can see stuff that nobody else has a chance to see, simply because I am doing so many things

Anyway, about to go under. Maybe price goes to bargain price when I am not posting

James

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:27:10 PM

Also, 1000 lines is max output (ok, I think I once did 2500 lines in a single "day" but it was something like 20 hours straight) and after I write it, have to debug it. I think sustained output is closer to 300 lines per day

I am also doing a bunch of stuff over in NXT, especially with uMGW, but it all is part of same system. By doing so many things all of this is active in my head and I think this creates some "magic" so I can see stuff that nobody else has a chance to see, simply because I am doing so many things

Anyway, about to go under. Maybe price goes to bargain price when I am not posting

James

Already have my orders set.  Long and strong here.  Sweet dreams man!!!

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
id10tothe9

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:34:22 PM

It will be for Ubuntu, so anybody with VPS should be able to build and run it. You would need to be able to survive without a GUI and do some command line.

great! surviving without a GUI and with command line I can, and will learn about VPS  Cheesy Cheesy

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
crazyearner
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:41:57 PM

The reason they are closing mining on this is due to the POW Proof Of Work round finishing so no more generation of blocks for pool operators.

The POW stage finished. You can't mine BTCD anymore. Mining will not generate any coins. You need to trade / buy from exchanges.

Yes you can min btcd.xpool is a multipool thus meaning mining other alt coins and they pay out in BitcoinDark instead of being paid in BTC or other alt coins that's how their pool works mining other alt coins that are the best profitable coins and get exchanged and then you are paid in BitcoinDark as final result.

=
  R E B E L L I O U S 
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▄                           ▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄
▄▀        █▄▄                     ▄▄█        ▀▄
█            █████████████████████            █
█▄          ██       ██ ██       ██          ▄█
█        █            █            █        █
  █    █               █               █    █
   █ ██               █ █               ██ █
    █ █               █ █               █ █
    █ ███▄  █████▄   ██ ██   ▄█████  ▄███ █
    █     ███     █         █     ███     █
     █   █   ▀███ █  █   █  █ ███▀   █   █
     █   █      █ █  █   █  █ █      █   █
     █   █      ██  █     █  ██      █   █
      █  █     ██  █       █  ██     █  █
      █  █    ██  █ ███████ █  ██    █  █
      █ ███   ██  █         █  ██   ███ █
       █   ▀███      █   █      ███▀   █
        █     ██       █       ██     █
         █      █   ▄▄███▄▄   █      █
          ███   ███▀       ▀███   ███
             █████           █████
                  ███████████
  R E B E L L I O U S
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 07:54:09 PM

James

Ah, my English mistake.
By going "under" I meant into the code Smiley

OK, so I put in a tradebot framework and totally delayed deciding the exact language to program the tradebots in.
I just made a JSON form/file to specify a tradebot and launch it.

So, if anybody has any requests as to what types of things you want your tradebot to be able to do, speak up now. I will try to make it extensible, but maybe I wont be able to handle your use case so easily and will not have time to implement it.

James

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:57:53 PM

James

Ah, my English mistake.

OK, so I put in a tradebot framework and totally delayed deciding the exact language to program the tradebots in.

So, if anybody has any requests as to what types of things you want your tradebot to be able to do, speak up now. I will try to make it extensible, but maybe I wont be able to handle your use case so easily and will not have time to implement it.

James

More likely, my "lack of coding knowledge" mistake. I'm sure when you're coding, it's similar to a dream state anyhow.  Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:08:47 PM

James

Ah, my English mistake.

James

Yay nice.
Definitely need rules like stop/loss take/profit.
Best case would be that we can make personal rules - i.e. if x amount of currency sold under price p sell y amount at price q.
The user should be able to choose the different arguments and input the parameter to easily create a rule.

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
ralexvalex

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:41:39 PM

How about if price went up/down X% during last hour   buy/sell Y amount.
japandrew73

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:42:55 PM

wow well i just bought more
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: