Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 06:58:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328438 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2014, 11:50:43 PM

Just finished up defining the input/output process for the tradebots. Unfortunately it is getting a bit complicated for all the aspiring language creators, but the good news is the picoTradebotLanguage, PTL should be relatively easy to write, if you know C

Here are the data types for PTL:

structN - N bytes
bit[n] - N bits
['u']char[V] - 8 bits
['u']short[V] - 16 bits
['u']int[V] - 32 bits
['u']long[V] - 64 bits
['u']float[V] - 32 bits
['u']double[V] - 64 bits

All except struct ant bit types support unsigned. Yes, even floating point! On output, an unsigned float/double type automatically gets fabs() applied to it. The "struct" type is just an arbitrary number of bytes that will be allocated for output. bit[n] means "bit" or "bit1", or "bit2", etc. bit2 would be two bits, bit13 would be thirteen bits. For output having bitfields doesnt make much sense, but when it is used as inputs, then it starts making much more sense, as 32 "bit" inputs would fit into a single uint32_t

Now all the other scalar types have a [V], so you can do int4, int13, double16, etc. double16 is a vector of 16 doubles
Unfortunately this syntax has different meanings for the suffix, eg. N bytes or n bits or V elements, but hopefully it wont cause too much confusion.

A tradebot would register an output type with a name and it is responsible for keeping this updated.
So for input, you can specify the output of any other tradebot's outputs and due to the nature of the data stream it will be useful to modify the inputs, eg. SMA, EMA, filters, etc. So I have a "conditioner" field that will allow you to specify how an input field is conditioned and made available to your tradebot. This will be easily extensible to add a large variety of different signal processing algos.

I realized I have a bug in my bitpacking of inputs when they are not conditioned, so back to the coding I go. I fix that bug and start to create PTL callable functions. The power of this will become apparent soon Smiley

James

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 12:09:04 AM

To keep things simple I just support a single case of bitpacking, all inputs must be of the same size and none of them can be conditioned. This would require an extra bot layer to aggregate bitfields, but I think it is worth the savings of coding time as that is really the most likely use case

James

tmpwhore

Activity: 343
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:56:48 AM

Why do I have over 800000 shares mined over the weekend and 0 confirmations on the official multipool? Bug? Should I not mine on the weekend? I thought it would all be sorted out for monday nights shift. Is the pool broken? Stopped mining for now as I just get more unconfirmed without even 1 confirmed. Miners be warned until explanation or fix.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 12:58:45 AM

supporting vector types made some ripple effects.
For specifying inputs, it is now 9 dimensional!

lang, exchange, base, rel, botname, botid, signal, vector index and conditioner    

So I had  a bit of time packing the input type descriptor into 32 bits, but by storing (itemsize - 1) in the type, I was able to support vectors of up to 2048 elements with each item up to 256 bits. The 256 bitsize is important as there are many crypto data types that are 256 bits. If we need 512 bit fundamental types, i can always reduce the max vectorsize to 1024 elements

So, with this change propagating, it slows me down a bit to get all the inputs located, gathered and preprocessed

more a bit later

James

crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3458
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:13:11 AM

Why do I have over 800000 shares mined over the weekend and 0 confirmations on the official multipool? Bug? Should I not mine on the weekend? I thought it would all be sorted out for monday nights shift. Is the pool broken? Stopped mining for now as I just get more unconfirmed without even 1 confirmed. Miners be warned until explanation or fix.

Take a minute and read the payout details before deciding there is something wrong. Nothing is wrong. Don't be so skittish, it'll only hurt profitability. I'm not really sure how many more places I can put this information.

There are several way to contact me if you think there is a problem, use them next time before starting this kind of post.

Today's shift payments have finished. Over 712 BTCD has been sent out.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 02:14:38 AM

BitcoinDark by xpool - The Official BTCD Multipool

PROP reward system
BTCD Payouts
Scrypt & SHA256 & X11 Algo's
DDoS Protected
High Performance Backend
Simple setup and usage
1% Fee
To mine:

How does it work?

xpool offers 3 different sets of coins to mine. SHA256, Scrypt and X11. Each algorithm runs on a shift (see below). The confirmed coins are traded on the top 4 exchanges throughout the duration of the shift automatically to maximize the profits by exchanging them into BTCD and creating buy pressure in the BTCD markets! Once the shift ends, the shift is moved into "Confirming" status while all the coins are confirmed as successfully traded and exchanged, the BTCD payments are sent.

Current shifts run 24 hours, Monday - Friday and end at 7PM Eastern each day except Saturday & Sunday. The weekend shift ends on the Monday. Payments are then finialized and typically complete 2-3 hours after a shift ends.

The advantage of the pool is that you can utilize your any GPU, CPU and older ASIC equipment to earn you the more desired BitcoinDark.
Cheers and Happy Hashing!

PortAlgoExample
3500SHA256stratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3500 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING
3600SCRYPTstratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3600 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING
3700X11stratum+tcp://mine.btcd.xpool.ca:3700 -u <BTCD address> -p ANYTHING

Donations welcome or tip me, crackers, on IRC!

Any issues, please report them here or feel free to PM me, as I can't always see every post.

Today's shift payments have finished. Over 712 BTCD sent out to miners on all 3 algos!

Cheers!

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
JimmyJones

Activity: 101

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:39:12 AM

Give James a break folks. As far as I can see he stepped up and offered his services and has asked nothing in return, hell he even bought his own btcd.

The man has delivered before and I see no reason not to believe he will come through again. I for one would like to thank him as well as the rest of the dev team for there dedication and hard work.

Awesome stuff guys  Grin  Grin

FreakBro #2  AKA.... cardcoder
tmpwhore

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:12:40 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 06:56:33 AM by tmpwhore

Take a minute and read the payout details before deciding there is something wrong. Nothing is wrong. Don't be so skittish, it'll only hurt profitability. I'm not really sure how many more places I can put this information.

There are several way to contact me if you think there is a problem, use them next time before starting this kind of post.

Today's shift payments have finished. Over 712 BTCD has been sent out.

I HAVE read the details and have received a small payout(1/3rd of a days worth) for the weekend, AFTER the payout I still have 810070 shares unconfirmed, still after now 6+ hours after the Monday payout for the weekend. Are those shares lost? Will they be confirmed by Tuesday night? I received the equivalent of about a 1/3 of a day of mining after the weekend, which I'm assuming is the former unconfirmed leftovers from Friday. After 3 days of mining I shouldn't receive only a 1/3 of a days worth. On other pools I've been on the blocks are confirmed as they mature and even if the payout is only once a day those shares are confirmed. Payout date should not affect the maturing of the blocks. As of a few hours ago, I turned my miners to the pool again as a test and the unconfirmed keep going up but no confirms yet after 3+ hours which is not the behaviour of the site last week. So I ask what changed? Why do I have 3 days worth of shares still unconfirmed after and I quote from your site "The weekend shift ends on the Monday. Payments are then finialized and typically complete 2-3 hours after a shift ends. When a shift ends all the coins that were found and matured will have been exchanged and converted into BTCD" does that statement not say that after the weekend all the shares you've mined (810070) will be confirmed and paid out on Monday night? Again, why do I have 3 days of mining stuck in "unconfirmed"? Why after hours later my test mining just keeps the unconfirmed going up with zero confirms? That wasn't the behavior of the site last week. Maybe look into my account if you don't mind you don't have an email on the site so heres my wallet. Thanks.

wallet address:

RBSR6mbcCwvJVNyKEgk5X2Qn4g64Y8KdVm

Maybe it's a display issue(probably not according to the payout) but my payout for the entire weekend was only .14 of a BTCD when it's usually .39 a day. As you can see from the below screenshot out of the whole weekend I only got 125000 shares confirmed for a payout. Strange no? Don't get me wrong I love your pool but something is amiss. I'll throw my miners back on it and see what happens tomorrow morning.

P.S. A nice big email icon on the pool would eliminate these posts. It's probably more useful that your chat icon which I've never seen anyone on and yes I tried that first. This was the last resort.

Screeny:

tmpwhore

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 07:07:29 AM
Last edit: July 29, 2014, 08:35:35 AM by tmpwhore

I think I may have found the issue if this help you out under the X11 protocol in the statistics under the x11 protocol which I'm mining at there are 0 confirms across the board and very few pending blocks(1). Is it possible everyone on X11 over the weekend bailed so now it's totally pointless mining with x11? Or it could mean that the x11 multipool is having problems. Screeny:

paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 07:42:22 AM

I think I may have found the issue if this help you out under the X11 protocol in the statistics under the x11 protocol which I'm mining at there are 0 confirms across the board and very few pending blocks. Is it possible everyone on X11 over the weekend bailed so now it's totally pointless mining with x11? Or it could mean that the x11 multipool is having problems. Screeny:

Feel free to try BTCDPool.com instead. Smiley

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 08:05:11 AM

Well, that took longer than I expected, but had to essentially recreate most of MT4!

The reason is that after spending all that time making sure bots can use other bot's outputs as inputs and making arbitrary topology, the front line bots need input from, well, from other exchanges and InstantDEX orderbook. So, after not going crazy from all the possible price inversions due to the ability of InstantDEX to show any orderbook base/rel or rel/base. Meaning BTCD/BTC or BTC/BTCD. So at the lowest level, an orderbook needs to pick assetA and assetB and I just require assetA < assetB in its ID. For most contracts there is only one order, but toss in the NXT AE and it is NXT based, so it has BTC/NXT, but all the exchanges have NXT/BTC.

Add to this confusion, the user (tradebot) can request the orderbook in either orientation.

Anyway, I think I got it right, but too late to debug this sort of thing today, so it will have to be tomorow, when I should also be able to add the "action" function calls, eg. makeoffer, issue trades, etc.

All the tradebots are called whenever the top of the orderbook of any exchange changes. Also, once per minute timer.

The first thing a tradebot needs to do is call the initialization function:
int init_PTL(int *eventp,int *changedp,char *exchange,char *base,char *rel);

if exchange is not specified, all exchanges will be accepted, including a special one called "ALL", which is all exchanges including InstantDEX combined.
base is the first currency and rel is the second, so BTC/BTCD would be base = "BTCD" and rel = "BTC"

if init_PTL returns 0, it means it was not a match. If non-zero it was and all the globals are set.
event will currently be:
#define TRADEBOT_PRICECHANGE 1
#define TRADEBOT_NEWMINUTE 2
changed would be 1 if there was a pricechange, this is probably almost always going to be set, but I think there are some timer cases that could have no changes, needs some debugging

Here are the available global data:
Bid(n) nth bid in the orderbook
Bidvol(n) nth bid volume in the orderbook
Bidid(n) id of the nth buyer
Ask(n) nth ask in the orderbook
Ask(n) nth ask volume in the orderbook
Askid(n) id of the nth seller

I also calculate the bars for various timeframes: M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, M10, M15, M30 and H1
Maxbars tells the most bars possible, but it is quite possible that even though the bar is there it is empty especially if you dont have much data. Just check the BARI_FIRSTBID or BARI_FIRSTASK field, if it is zero, then no data for that bar

There are 16 fields in each bar, to access one, just go:
M1(pasti,bari) or M2(pasti,bari) or ... H1(pasti,bari)

pasti of 0 is the latest bar, pasti 1 is one bar in the past, etc. Now I recalculate all the bars to the second, so the bars are relative to the current second. Jdatetime has the time index in GMT from 1/1/2000

bari is the index into the 16 element bar and has the following fields:
#define BARI_FIRSTBID 0
#define BARI_FIRSTASK 1
#define BARI_LOWBID 2
#define BARI_HIGHASK 3
#define BARI_HIGHBID 4
#define BARI_LOWASK 5
#define BARI_LASTBID 6
#define BARI_LASTASK 7

#define BARI_ARBBID 8
#define BARI_ARBASK 9
#define BARI_MINBID 10
#define BARI_MAXASK 11
#define BARI_VIRTBID 10
#define BARI_VIRTASK 11
#define BARI_AVEBID 12
#define BARI_AVEASK 13
#define BARI_MEDIAN 14
#define BARI_AVEPRICE 15

Currently, the ARB and VIRT fields are not calculated.

So as you can see, PTL now is getting close to MT4 functionality, actually in many ways it has a lot more. Now I just need to debug all the new code and add the action functions.

James

tmpwhore

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:07:12 AM

I think I may have found the issue if this help you out under the X11 protocol in the statistics under the x11 protocol which I'm mining at there are 0 confirms across the board and very few pending blocks. Is it possible everyone on X11 over the weekend bailed so now it's totally pointless mining with x11? Or it could mean that the x11 multipool is having problems. Screeny:

Feel free to try BTCDPool.com instead. Smiley

Ok after even more looking at the stats it doesn't seem to be only me having trouble. The other x11 people are also having trouble. If you look at the stats below you can see that after a weekend of mining with only a few breaks here and there that the total number of shares for everyone is about 2/3 of what it should be for just one day of mining. I'll bet dollars to doughnuts that other people are missing a shitload of coins as well on the X11 protocol. Those 125090 and those 19554450 I will wager are the extra shares that were done on Friday at least according to the average of the last 5 shifts. So it seems that there are a ton of shares not being paid out on the weekend for the X11 guys based on my over 810070 unconfirms.

crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2014, 11:14:15 AM

I think I may have found the issue if this help you out under the X11 protocol in the statistics under the x11 protocol which I'm mining at there are 0 confirms across the board and very few pending blocks(1). Is it possible everyone on X11 over the weekend bailed so now it's totally pointless mining with x11? Or it could mean that the x11 multipool is having problems. Screeny:

Conspiracy coin is having issues again. They are on a stuck block which reported from the exchanges as most profitable. They've been removed for the time being. Not sure how long they have been stuck, but I think I'll drop them. 2nd time they've had this problem.

I'm away on family vacation so limited time for responses.

xPooky

Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:27:49 PM

The new BitcoinDark website is now available on http://bitcoindark.net check it out and give me feedback on do you like it or not, what should you think should be added, i am always open for suggestions. On the site we present you unique possibility to submit a bounty request and explain why bitcoindark needs that bounty, after adding your bounty request bounty is put on voting and every member can vote for a bounty once every 24 hours, so from time to time we will take the most voted bounty and present it. We also have a fundraiser for james anon card so do also check that and donate some BTCD if you can. The site will be constantly developed and many new features will be added, if you like it and support our work you can donate some BTCD to the address in the bottom of the site or in my sig.

IceColdTommy
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:09:39 PM

The new BitcoinDark website is now available on http://bitcoindark.net check it out and give me feedback on do you like it or not, what should you think should be added, i am always open for suggestions. On the site we present you unique possibility to submit a bounty request and explain why bitcoindark needs that bounty, after adding your bounty request bounty is put on voting and every member can vote for a bounty once every 24 hours, so from time to time we will take the most voted bounty and present it. We also have a fundraiser for james anon card so do also check that and donate some BTCD if you can. The site will be constantly developed and many new features will be added, if you like it and support our work you can donate some BTCD to the address in the bottom of the site or in my sig.

IceColdTommy

Nicely done dude! Looks sweet

How bout a community tab to link to btctalk, reddit, etc.  And maybe a news/PR tab so folks can see what's up with btcd

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
xPooky

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:50:15 PM

IceColdTommy

How bout a community tab to link to btctalk, reddit, etc.  And maybe a news/PR tab so folks can see what's up with btcd

i am on it, will be done in the next update together with a better menu and the language tab
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 01:57:44 PM

IceColdTommy

i am on it, will be done in the next update together with a better menu and the language tab

I favor the black/grey/white logo as well.  Much more appealing imo

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:30:16 PM

Not worried about price, with all the updates, this coin is sure to go up  Grin Grin
mihaisav

Activity: 309

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 03:59:49 PM

what updates?
When is the next updat?

Azeroth
ralexvalex

Activity: 256

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 08:18:09 PM

We also have a fundraiser for james anon card so do also check that and donate some BTCD if you can.

Can you be more specific about "donations"? Let's say I send 100BTCD to the address provided on the site, what exactly will I get for it? Considering the goal is 33kBTCD and NXT asset, how can I calculate what percentage of the transaction fees I will get?
Thanks.
Pages: « 1 ... 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 [123] 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: