Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 09:05:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328437 times)
jl777
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1132

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 08:58:25 PM

Teleport

Best of luck and happy coding! Your excitement is contagious Smiley

Would Teleport be bound up by NXT/BCTD somehow, or would it be coin-agnostic?
Teleport to be integrated into the core of BTCD and BTCD will be able to be Teleported without anything more than normal tx fees. I will try to eliminate any NXT dependencies from the core Teleport feature, but for things like Privatebet and InstantDEX, NXT will of course be needed.

Now, I am sure the following will generate complaints from some people as being too "complicated", I believe privacy is something that everybody should have, so I do not want to limit the Teleport to BTCD. This tech is under the NXTprivacy charter so, that asset will get a 0.1% fee for Teleporting BTC, NXT, etc. In that sense it will be coin-agnostic. The list of coins that can be supported will be quite large, but each will need testing by community. Just adding lines to the jl777.conf file will be enough to be able to test a new coin. I will make sure BTC and NXT teleporting will work.

Most anon coins try to replace bitcoin, but that is not realistic. So, BTCD will help turn BTC itself dark!
and NXTprivacy gets a small percentage for its troubles and similar to InstantDEX revenue sharing, NXTprivacy will share revenues with BTCD stakers

I think of way to explain the side effects of Teleport.
The initial transition into "hyperspace" and transition out of hyperspace needs special care, but that will all be automated. Each teleport transfer within hyperspace will be much simpler and this will work out very well for Privatebet

I try to make it simple, but I am not smart enough to make this simple, since the problem I am solving is quite a bit larger than a single feature. It is privacy weaved into an entire system of trading and betting, etc. Plus to be practical and compatible with the current day reality of BTC dominance.

So, I think the community can start to plan nice marketing with this

James

Just checked, NXT is used for account authentication, so while it wont be involved in the actual Teleport, it is needed to make sure somebody else cant spoof you

http://www.digitalcatallaxy.com/report2015.html
100+ page annual report for SuperNET

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2014, 10:24:22 PM

[Back to techtalk mode]
Currently MGW is limited to 64 coins and I have to make any changes manually and since I am lazy for stuff like that I changed all the coin handling code so there are no limits and any coin can be added to the .conf file
Of course not all coins can be teleported, but I will minimize the number of functions their RPC API needs to support, so if they pass the test of these functions, they can be teleported
Actually I think I will make it so that a special tradebot can be created to deal with nonstandard coins!

James

clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:45:56 PM

Crazy how the btcd price started moving immediately after James posted about his "significant breakthrough".......  You can really move the needle James!  I was hoping for a few more of my cheaper orders to execute....  Can't complain about a bump in price though, either.  Cool stuff, I'm excited to hear more....

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?
cryptoholic11

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:00:51 AM

Crazy how the btcd price started moving immediately after James posted about his "significant breakthrough".......  You can really move the needle James!  I was hoping for a few more of my cheaper orders to execute....  Can't complain about a bump in price though, either.  Cool stuff, I'm excited to hear more....

Peace

Seriously lol. Remove that 25btc wall a little lower, so we can get cheaper coins damn it.

jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 12:25:31 AM

Peace
I seem to have many quite a few people some significant money and there seem to be some of them that closely follow my posts.

I need some feedback on usability, since I am very weak in that area.

I want to use some familiar metaphor, so I chose the transporter from Star Trek Smiley

You would need to make a label in your wallet (Receive coins -> New address -> label) and call it "transporter"
This will be the source of funds if you dont have already teleported coins.

So to Teleport to someone else, you need to have enough funds in the "transporter". You can send funds here using any means, it is normal space. Though if you funded it via withdraw from an exchange, that is one additional barrier for attacker to deanonymize.

When you Teleport to someone else, they will receive a telepod with the funds, but this wont be visible in the wallet without rescanning and that takes forever and we cant be doing that for each telepod, so I am making API that the GUI can call to display the amount you have in telepods. Also, you dont want to accidentally spending any telepods using normal wallet send as that will contaminate hyperspace and lead to spacetime continuum discontinuities, and we certainly dont want that!

The software will automatically deal with things, so you just need to make sure the transporter has enough funds to begin with. I am sure even creating this label can be automated by GUI, but for now I think its best for people to make this themselves so they can be sure to fund the transporter

Is that OK? Too complicated?

James

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:25:41 AM

Peace

Seriously lol. Remove that 25btc wall a little lower, so we can get cheaper coins damn it.

I see the wall that's been chillin @ 100k is now gone too.  Wonder if that 26btc wall @ 135k is the same person?  It's 40 btc to get to 100k now  Shocked

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:30:30 AM

Peace
I seem to have many quite a few people some significant money and there seem to be some of them that closely follow my posts.

I need some feedback on usability, since I am very weak in that area.

I want to use some familiar metaphor, so I chose the transporter from Star Trek Smiley

You would need to make a label in your wallet (Receive coins -> New address -> label) and call it "transporter"
This will be the source of funds if you dont have already teleported coins.

So to Teleport to someone else, you need to have enough funds in the "transporter". You can send funds here using any means, it is normal space. Though if you funded it via withdraw from an exchange, that is one additional barrier for attacker to deanonymize.

When you Teleport to someone else, they will receive a telepod with the funds, but this wont be visible in the wallet without rescanning and that takes forever and we cant be doing that for each telepod, so I am making API that the GUI can call to display the amount you have in telepods. Also, you dont want to accidentally spending any telepods using normal wallet send as that will contaminate hyperspace and lead to spacetime continuum discontinuities, and we certainly dont want that!

The software will automatically deal with things, so you just need to make sure the transporter has enough funds to begin with. I am sure even creating this label can be automated by GUI, but for now I think its best for people to make this themselves so they can be sure to fund the transporter

Is that OK? Too complicated?

James

tbh it sounds a bit too simple but i think people get the basic idea l0l

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:03:13 AM

Can't wait to receive some telepods! The whole idea is very catchy, if you ask me. 

You say this idea "flashed"......  I'd really like to know what leads up to these flashes you have; I assume this isn't a super rare occasion for you.  Can you delve into the way in which you receive this intelligent energy at all?  It's interesting to me because many brilliant minds have explained such instances in the same way.

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:05:15 AM

God damn pump and dumpers on bittrex and cryptsy.  the sooner they leave this coin alone to naturally rise the better.

If I had any more BTC left to put into BTCD I would put up buy walls, but I'm afraid I don't.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 01:10:35 AM

Can't wait to receive some telepods! The whole idea is very catchy, if you ask me. 

You say this idea "flashed"......  I'd really like to know what leads up to these flashes you have; I assume this isn't a super rare occasion for you.  Can you delve into the way in which you receive this intelligent energy at all?  It's interesting to me because many brilliant minds have explained such instances in the same way.
small flashes all the time, but big flashes not so often. Needs to be a problem I am working on for a while, in this case 6 months+
I guess its the subconscious saying, "hey the answer is here!" and due to being busy with ordinary stuff like tradebots, I ignore this. So then it makes a big flash Smiley

Cant ignore those

The key I think is total immersion in the process and being aware of all things within that space. Amazing things happen if you let it. The problem is most people have so much day to day distractions, they never come close to this. However, I believe this is something that is open to anybody, just takes some years of practices

James

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 01:21:57 AM

God damn pump and dumpers on bittrex and cryptsy.  the sooner they leave this coin alone to naturally rise the better.

If I had any more BTC left to put into BTCD I would put up buy walls, but I'm afraid I don't.

Slow steady growth would be great, but P&D folks are gonna have their way with btcd.  I'm sure they're as excited as those of us who are holding. It seems fairly reasonable that shit's gonna get pretty wild once some of these features become reality. As long as we continue moving up over the long run, P&D can be good for visibility imo.

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
MemoryShock

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:12:01 AM

I am constantly impressed with the level of dev innovation from James...I think what I am more impressed with is the level of community interaction.

Hats off to you...

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
  I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 02:35:05 AM

Now I know why nobody else has done Teleport.
At first I thought it would be really easy to implement and that there should already be many teleport implementations out there.
That's the problem with "FLASH"es, they leave out the details.

The important detail is that if you are already master of monitoring the blockchain in realtime and parsing and creating raw multisig transactions, then its not so hard Smiley

Luckily, I happen to have all that experience from my MGW work so while the FLASH concept is relatively simple, the coding will be months and months of battling against bitcoin horribleness. However, I have already paid the price of months of suffering, so I am still on track for my two week estimate. It will just take hard work.

I want to test things piecemeal and the easiest test point is for Mac to Mac teleport using manual file transfer. Once that works, then I replace the manual file transfer with privacyServer encrypted transfer and then to a totally traceless bitmessage like broadcast, so we can have two paths for Teleporting!

So, if you have a Mac and can unzip files and run a commandline program, PM me your email address and when I have a test ready, I can send it to you. [No fair using test release timing for trading gains!]

James

clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 02:46:19 AM

Now I know why nobody else has done Teleport.
At first I thought it would be really easy to implement and that there should already be many teleport implementations out there.
That's the problem with "FLASH"es, they leave out the details.

The important detail is that if you are already master of monitoring the blockchain in realtime and parsing and creating raw multisig transactions, then its not so hard Smiley

Luckily, I happen to have all that experience from my MGW work so while the FLASH concept is relatively simple, the coding will be months and months of battling against bitcoin horribleness. However, I have already paid the price of months of suffering, so I am still on track for my two week estimate. It will just take hard work.

I want to test things piecemeal and the easiest test point is for Mac to Mac teleport using manual file transfer. Once that works, then I replace the manual file transfer with privacyServer encrypted transfer and then to a totally traceless bitmessage like broadcast, so we can have two paths for Teleporting!

So, if you have a Mac and can unzip files and run a commandline program, PM me your email address and when I have a test ready, I can send it to you. [No fair using test release timing for trading gains!]

James

I like what you did there with the teasing us thing..... two weeks turning into several months and then back to roughly two weeks again.  Very tricky you are

Wish I was on a mac...

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 03:40:55 AM

Funny, I just had a little flash myself.  All this talk of teleporting, space, space time continuum and the like has me thinking of geometry...... sacred geometry to be more specific.  Platonic solids, flower of life type stuff.  Geometry makes up the fabric of space so.....this is just a thought, but I think it would be pretty cool if some of this geometry was incorporated into the btcd theme or brand or whatever you want to call it.  Seems to be a good fit with what James has been talking about in recent posts

Any thoughts on this idea?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
ralexvalex

Activity: 256
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 04:21:09 AM

Funny, I just had a little flash myself.  All this talk of teleporting, space, space time continuum and the like has me thinking of geometry...... sacred geometry to be more specific.  Platonic solids, flower of life type stuff.  Geometry makes up the fabric of space so.....this is just a thought, but I think it would be pretty cool if some of this geometry was incorporated into the btcd theme or brand or whatever you want to call it.  Seems to be a good fit with what James has been talking about in recent posts

Any thoughts on this idea?

Some of these could be applied here:
hyper-cube, Schrödinger's cat, Wave-Particle Duality, quasi-transaction, Uncertainty Principle, pair production and of cause annihilation.
jl777
Legendary

View Profile WWW
July 31, 2014, 05:13:35 AM

dark matter
we know its there, but cant actually see it
bitcoindark will teleport bitcoin into dark crypto Smiley

Just finished refactoring the relevant MGW code so now I can build on top of something that already monitors all coin blockchains in realtime. That saved three months of dev time Smiley

Still need some more support functions for this new use case, but good progress. I'm ahead of my self-imposed schedule so far

James

IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 11:54:42 AM

I want to donate to the Anon Card but when I click on the address (http://cryptobe.com/address/RJCzAjZMYVvqbyQHKcD7X8s61MKmaSF76p) it says "Address not seen on the network." so I haven't sent the BTCD yet. Someone please tell me if the adress is correct Smiley
Address is correct i can printscreen, the block explorer sucks
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:14:01 PM

I want to donate to the Anon Card but when I click on the address (http://cryptobe.com/address/RJCzAjZMYVvqbyQHKcD7X8s61MKmaSF76p) it says "Address not seen on the network." so I haven't sent the BTCD yet. Someone please tell me if the adress is correct Smiley

Thank you, sent 100 BTCD from my bittrex wallet.

Got them will update anon cards page soon
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
July 31, 2014, 12:49:10 PM

Thank you, sent 100 BTCD from my bittrex wallet.

Got them will update anon cards page soon

I plan on donating as well...... how long will the fund be accepting donations ICT?

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
Pages: « 1 ... 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 [126] 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: