Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 04:35:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Do you Accept Komodo ICO conversion vs Reject Komodo ICO conversion and fund new dev team?
Accept - 145 (68.7%)
Reject - 66 (31.3%)
Total Voters: 211

Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 547 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BTCD is no more  (Read 1328436 times)
clovis A.
Legendary

Activity: 1206
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 09:21:36 PM

Can someone write up a quick guide how to set up your BTCD correctly to get the maximum stake? (Let's say for example splitting it to 10 wallets)

Here's what james wrote up quite a few pages back.....

"How to maximize your staking income

The staking is a bit tricky. After you wait for the coins to start staking, you will notice that when you do get a "mining" tx coming in, then your power is reduced temporarily. I havent dug into all the details, but the following is a practical way to minimize the downtime.

You need to make N addresses, make sure to backup the wallet after you do this as this generates new private keys, so an old backup wont have them all.

Make sure you enable the "display coin control" option in preferences

Now comes the tricky part. Most of you probably have all your precious in a single address. This means that whenever you get a new block, you have to wait. So, we need to spread the balance evenly to the N addresses. To do this, you need to control the inputs, so do a send to your first new address and to do this you need to click the inputs button on the send dialog.

Select your big account as the input. Now when you send you will have to wait a block or two until your big address gets the change.

Keep doing this until all your addresses have approx the same number of coins.

You will have to wait a while before they kick into gear, but when they do, what happens is that only a fraction of your power goes offline when you get a block!

So if you split into 10 addresses, you lose 10% power for a bit. Not sure the full recovery time, but it seems to take a few hours, so the optimum number of addresses is based on how long on average you will get a block. Of course, if you have the time and patience to do this, you could just split it up into 100 accts and then only 1% goes into recovery phase at a time, but that is only worth it if you are a BTCD whale

James"

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
Cloud storage is about to change
                          Are you ready?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, but full nodes are more resource-heavy, and they must do a lengthy initial syncing process. As a result, lightweight clients with somewhat less security are commonly used.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
IceColdTommy

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 10:13:42 PM

Can someone write up a quick guide how to set up your BTCD correctly to get the maximum stake? (Let's say for example splitting it to 10 wallets)
To get the maximum stake keep coins in one wallet/address and try to keep all coins together, you can use coin control for that
paradigmflux

Activity: 378
Merit: 254

small fry

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 11:56:58 PM

Hey guys! Sorry, OVH suspended the VPS that was running BTCDPool.com due to nonpayment.
I am paying for it now and once it is activated again I will pay out everyone's outstanding shares.
Once that is done, I will be open-sourcing the entire pool! Check this thread for more info:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=701200.40;topicseen

---
NXT Multipool! Mine Scrypt, SHA, Keccak or X11 for NXT! http://hashrate.org
http://hashrate.org/getting_started for port info!
cloudboy

Activity: 690
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:36:06 AM

Seems like a standoff on Bittrex...nobody wants to buy or sell.
paulthetafy

Activity: 820

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:38:10 AM

Agreed.  Those that know about BTCD already have bought their coins and are holding.  So other than the day traders causing the occasional buy or sell, it's all going to be pretty flat or a gentle incline until features are delivered, marketing takes place, and more people get interested in it.  We could do with a few buy walls in place though, just to reassure nervous holders.  I've added a few BTC between 13k and 15k, just in case there are some dumps.

You have to be hugely impressed how this coin has avoided the pump and dump though and simply hasn't followed the same pattern as other new coins.  It just feels like it's biding it's time before it explodes.  A 10 fold increase in price from here could happen in a blink.  Makes me want to buy more Smiley
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 11:21:20 AM
Last edit: August 04, 2014, 01:35:19 PM by clovis A.

Agreed.  Those that know about BTCD already have bought their coins and are holding.  So other than the day traders causing the occasional buy or sell, it's all going to be pretty flat or a gentle incline until features are delivered, marketing takes place, and more people get interested in it.  We could do with a few buy walls in place though, just to reassure nervous holders.  I've added a few BTC between 13k and 15k, just in case there are some dumps.

You have to be hugely impressed how this coin has avoided the pump and dump though and simply hasn't followed the same pattern as other new coins.  It just feels like it's biding it's time before it explodes.  A 10 fold increase in price from here could happen in a blink.  Makes me want to buy more Smiley

I'm gonna have to agree as well.  I've been noticing this activity or lack thereof and am also amazed we've managed to escape any P&D thus far.  Virtually no FUD in the thread either, which is equally amazing imo (we're still flying under the radar). I have a little btc scattered from the low 13's to the low 16's, hoping to add a few more coins before we do shoot up in price.  This should be a fun ride up when it does take off.......  Smiley

Peace

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
cloudboy

Activity: 690

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:32:48 PM

Agreed.  Those that know about BTCD already have bought their coins and are holding.  So other than the day traders causing the occasional buy or sell, it's all going to be pretty flat or a gentle incline until features are delivered, marketing takes place, and more people get interested in it.  We could do with a few buy walls in place though, just to reassure nervous holders.  I've added a few BTC between 13k and 15k, just in case there are some dumps.

You have to be hugely impressed how this coin has avoided the pump and dump though and simply hasn't followed the same pattern as other new coins.  It just feels like it's biding it's time before it explodes.  A 10 fold increase in price from here could happen in a blink.  Makes me want to buy more Smiley

I'm gonna have to agree as well.  I've been noticing this activity or lack thereof and am also amazed we've managed to escape any P&D thus far.  Virtually no FUD in the thread either, which is equally amazing imo (we're still flying under radar). I have a little btc scattered from the low 13's to the low 16's, hoping to add a few more coins before we do shoot up in price.  This should be a fun ride up when it does take off.......  Smiley

Peace

It sucks when you are trying to buy more!
clovis A.
Legendary

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 01:36:42 PM

I'm gonna have to agree as well.  I've been noticing this activity or lack thereof and am also amazed we've managed to escape any P&D thus far.  Virtually no FUD in the thread either, which is equally amazing imo (we're still flying under radar). I have a little btc scattered from the low 13's to the low 16's, hoping to add a few more coins before we do shoot up in price.  This should be a fun ride up when it does take off.......  Smiley

Peace

It sucks when you are trying to buy more!

You read my mind!  It is a bit frustrating

|
|
s i a
|
|
|
|
|
                          Are you ready?
visual111

Activity: 493

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:11:34 PM

Will this coin be "truly anonymous?"

And is there a "truly anonymous" coin out right now? I haven't been following alts much as of late. Not sure of DRK's status

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

INTRODUCING WAVES
ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM

drawingthesun
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 02:15:28 PM

Will this coin be "truly anonymous?"

And is there a "truly anonymous" coin out right now? I haven't been following alts much as of late. Not sure of DRK's status

Have a look at Monero. Currently there is no coin more anonymous.

I believe that BitcoinDark will achieve anonymity via routing transactions through Boolberry, Monero's competitor.

Becareful though, Boolberries creator is currently making very questionable modifications to the CryptoNote code. (CryptoNote powers both Monero and Boolberry) These modifications are debatable and mostly a marketing effort against Monero. Step with care.
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:07:58 PM

To get the maximum stake keep coins in one wallet/address and try to keep all coins together, you can use coin control for that

So what you are saying is to ignore the various guides from members telling us to split into multiple wallets to get maximum stake efficiency?
IceColdTommy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:12:05 PM

So what you are saying is to ignore the various guides from members telling us to split into multiple wallets to get maximum stake efficiency?
yes
jeezy
Legendary

Activity: 1237
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:13:53 PM

yes

Care to explain?
IceColdTommy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 03:28:29 PM

yes

Care to explain?
Having coins split in many addresses will just lower their minting weight, yes you will get more minted blocks but they will all be like 0.00... and by having 1 address with all coins gathered in one piece you will gain weight faster and get minted block like 0.5(example). Also important is that after your minted block gets all confirmations you use coin control to resend coins back to your address becose after they stake they split in 2 chunks. Depends of your coin size but you can get about 3 blocks in 2 days with 5-6k BTCD which will be about 1.5BTCD in 2 days
id10tothe9

Activity: 623

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:09:12 PM

yes

Care to explain?
Having coins split in many addresses will just lower their minting weight, yes you will get more minted blocks but they will all be like 0.00... and by having 1 address with all coins gathered in one piece you will gain weight faster and get minted block like 0.5(example). Also important is that after your minted block gets all confirmations you use coin control to resend coins back to your address becose after they stake they split in 2 chunks. Depends of your coin size but you can get about 3 blocks in 2 days with 5-6k BTCD which will be about 1.5BTCD in 2 days

After I read jl777 guide on how to maximize staking I had to read a little about POS to understand how it works. I guess a crucial question I need answered is, when a stake finds a block isn't the reward supposed to be independent of the amount of coins inside the stake but instead equal to what ever the reward is for that block? As far as I understand the amount of coins should only influence how fast a block is found, ie. the difficulty for your wallet to find a block is proportional to the amount of coins (relative to total staking on network) multiplied by the time it's been staking, or did I miss something?
Because in that case, if we'd suppose a stake after it has found a block will start staking again right away, without being locked for a period of time, then splitting one big chunk into a multiple would still get you the exact same amount on average after enough time. to prove that you just need to draw x-y axis, x is the time, and from x=0 that's where the staking starts, a line is drawn where it's slope is equal to the amount of coins. let's say on average at y=1 you get a block. then dividing your stake to N stakes, you create N lines with slope S/N, and after N periods of time, your original stake would have earned you N rewards, and your small stakes would each earn you one reward but multiplied by N the number of stakes, so same rewards. But since there is a lock time after a reward is found, the amount of time lost with your funds locked is N times smaller if you spread your coins to N wallets instead of one big wallet blocked N times after each reward. I'm just not sure about the amount rewarded if it's independent of the number of coins or not.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion★  Anonymity Guaranteed
★  Anonymous and Untraceable
★  Guard Your Privacy
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
IceColdTommy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:11:29 PM

yes

Care to explain?

After I read jl777 guide on how to maximize staking I had to read a little about POS to understand how it works. I guess a crucial question I need answered is, when a stake finds a block isn't the reward supposed to be independent of the amount of coins inside the stake but instead equal to what ever the reward is for that block? As far as I understand the amount of coins should only influence how fast a block is found, ie. the difficulty for your wallet to find a block is proportional to the amount of coins (relative to total staking on network) multiplied by the time it's been staking, or did I miss something?
Because in that case, if we'd suppose a stake after it has found a block will start staking again right away, without being locked for a period of time, then splitting one big chunk into a multiple would still get you the exact same amount on average after enough time. to prove that you just need to draw x-y axis, x is the time, and from x=0 that's where the staking starts, a line is drawn where it's slope is equal to the amount of coins. let's say on average at y=1 you get a block. then dividing your stake to N stakes, you create N lines with slope S/N, and after N periods of time, your original stake would have earned you N rewards, and your small stakes would each earn you one reward but multiplied by N the number of stakes, so same rewards. But since there is a lock time after a reward is found, the amount of time lost with your funds locked is N times smaller if you spread your coins to N wallets instead of one big wallet blocked N times after each reward. I'm just not sure about the amount rewarded if it's independent of the number of coins or not.

Block amount depends on amount of coins
criptix
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:38:17 PM

yes

Care to explain?

stake interest is definitly depended on the amount of staked coins.

can anyone please explain the "locktime"? do you mean the time when the coins move to your "stake" after you got interest (=found a block)?
i didnt found info regarding a locktime...

█████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ██████
                ██████
               ██████
              ██████
             ██████
            ██████
           ██████
          ██████
         ██████
        ██████    ██████████████████▄
       ██████     ███████████████████
      ██████                   █████
  ██████
 ███████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████████████████████████████

█████
                     ██████
                    ██████
                   ██████
                  ██████
                 ████████████████████
                 ▀██████████████████▀
.LATTICE - A New Paradigm of Decentralized Finance.

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀
IceColdTommy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 05:38:59 PM

yes

Care to explain?

stake interest is definitly depended on the amount of staked coins.

can anyone please explain the "locktime"? do you mean the time when the coins move to your "stake" after you got interest (=found a block)?
i didnt found info regarding a locktime...
the time when you don't have muture coins
durdur23

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:22:31 PM

Hi, I opened the wallet with same address on 2 different computers.
Will that help me stake more than opening wallet on just 1 computer?
Thanks
IceColdTommy

View Profile
August 04, 2014, 06:25:27 PM

Hi, I opened the wallet with same address on 2 different computers.
Will that help me stake more than opening wallet on just 1 computer?
Thanks
No it wont help you stake more Smiley
Pages: « 1 ... 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 [131] 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 ... 547 »
  Print  

Jump to: