Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:03:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249895 times)
cassius69

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 10:59:36 PM

No TOR. No big deal.

Still massively undervalued.

'undervalued.' is that a nice way of saying the price is fucked.

the market has no appetite for apexcoin. its a fail.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:13:01 PM

No TOR. No big deal.

Still massively undervalued.

'undervalued.' is that a nice way of saying the price is fucked.

the market has no appetite for apexcoin. its a fail.

FYI - I bought VOOT at 50 sat when everyone was thinking the same thing about that coin. Things can always turn around. Super was under 100 sat at one point too, and traded with BIG volume and over 15k sat on mint.

EDIT: There is actually alot more BTC on the buy side now than before the ann about TOR implement fail.
foxkyu

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:17:11 PM

so tor failed to implement, that's why the price going down hard  Undecided
to dev please stay in touch with us and keep update any informations
even though you have some failed to implement new feature
B_ulldozer

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:40:45 PM

Scam coin.
Devs are liar.
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:45:08 PM

Yup another scammy fckin dev team, used premine to impement tor, then suddenly no results. By far the shittiest non responsive team out. My guess is they have 6x other scams on the side which is why they have days to reply. Im quite certain these are the same devs as silkcoin.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
mikelitoris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:49:18 PM

lol might as well coin swap now, the price can't fall too much further. .  and it's what ze people voted for anyway

6561742061206469636b
Mauri

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 11:59:51 PM

I feel very bad for the people selling me apex at 352 sat.
Got another 120k
Thanks for this dev lol
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 12:06:19 AM

I am going to offer a suggestion, which is a little 'outside the box'. Since you tested TOR, and say it is working outside of the little problem of not working with the APEX blockchain, why not release it anyway?

Meaning, make a completely new coin. Don't do a swap, don't turn APEX into a TOR coin... just make a separate coin, and distribute it based on APEX holdings. You'd probably need to find another dev to run it, or at least help, but it does at least alleviate a couple of issues.

First off, developer trust. We can see you can actually offer something, aren't scamming anyone, and simply made a mistake.

It also assists with the current coin price a little, assuming the new TOR coin holds at least some value. People wouldn't take a big loss then, or at worst, a little loss.

Since Apex holdings would also influence distribution, it should in turn increase the demand, and therefore the price, at least somewhat. So it would buy you some time pricewise before you need to release the next feature ... in this case, I believe it was that fancier wallet.

You can use Bittrex for the distribution, or go with the Clams model based on the wallet/blockchain (or however they did it). I'd prefer the former myself, as it'd probably be easier all around. Anyway, just an idea, and it's certainly safer than doing the coin swap, and better than doing nothing at all.

Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:31:54 AM

I feel very bad for the people selling me apex at 352 sat.
Got another 120k
Thanks for this dev lol

Also buying - prices are being highly manipulated down right now with sell walls. This won't last.
ICee712

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:02:57 AM

Throughout the testing phase of TOR the ApexCoin devs have been saying that testing is proceeding successfully. Now to come back and say it is impossible to integrate TOR without a hard fork sounds suspicious to me. I am left wondering why this problem wasn't found until right up until the Tor deadline. It sounds like a lack of knowledge and skill on the part of the devs, not a good sign for a coin that brags about its adaptability in the crypto space. Right now the Apex community has waited for weeks for what could essentially be vaporware. I and many others have no reason to trust subsequent promised features will be released at all.

The Apex devs need to implement some essential feature within the next couple of days or the trust in this community will be lost. Forget about waiting for polls and implement now otherwise this coin is done. Let's see that adaptability bragged about in the ANN.

Yes, we agree. The issue was discovered yesterday in final phases of testing, but the Tor dev wanted to test all possible solutions in case there was a way to make it work with the current genesis block. We wanted to give him a chance, so we held off on the announcement until this morning. We had no reason to lie about this, as there is no way for us to profit from it. We have a working and fully functional Tor implemented coin. It just is not compatible with the current blockchain.

In an attempt to salvage the situation, we are working on a new wallet with extra features, and will post it here when it becomes available.

The multipool is still coming.

I am invested in this coin and I hope you are right.

What I see in this comment by this "dev", is foreshadowing of a new coin that they'll most likely attempt to launch under a new BTC-Talk thread, under a new alias. This Apex coin will have a lackluster effort put into it with some crappy wallet feature that every other coin has done better, and then scrap the project altogether. It's a shame, quite a few started to get behind this coin. I actually went against my better instincts and got myself vested over the last few days. No use letting another coin that most likely will go nowhere ruin our day.

Expect a new BTC talk account to be created, and a new coin announced with working Tor functionality as it's key feature in the next week or so. It'll be these guys.

I hope I'm wrong. But, the state of this scene lately is just flat out robbery and zero accountability 
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:36:34 AM

I could be wrong - but this could be a deliberate move, to get the price low in order to buy back coins before a big announcement.

Of course it could also not.

But it would not be the first time a DEV has deliberately crashed their own price - with a report of bad news - only to buy up a huge stake - before the big news release. And then the price shoots into the stratosphere. This is especially common with coins that have low pre-mines. How else do the DEVs get paid? Theres no other way other than using the power of insider information and the ability to be the "info source" to manipulate prices.

My only reason for thinking this is a possibility:

Theres still more buy support than sell support.

3BTC 1,000,000 Buy wall at 300.

"Someone" or "Some People" WANT these coins.

There are 1,800,000 coins on "BUY"

Only 280,000 on SELL.

That tells me people are holding and other people, or one person, is trying to get them.

I could be crazy.

Strato
suchnekky

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:01:48 AM

I could be wrong - but this could be a deliberate move, to get the price low in order to buy back coins before a big announcement.

But it would not be the first time a DEV has deliberately crashed their own price - with a report of bad news - only to buy up a huge stake - before the big news release. And then the price shoots into the stratosphere. This is especially common with coins that have low pre-mines. How else do the DEVs get paid? Theres no other way other than using the power of insider information and the ability to be the "info source" to manipulate prices.

Only 280,000 on SELL.

That tells me people are holding and other people, or one person, is trying to get them.

I could be crazy.

Strato

cool story CoinRocket, how about just accept its a dead coin.

• ⓢⓤⓒⓗⓝⓔⓚⓚⓨ •
mikelitoris

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:15:05 AM

dumped mine earlier.. dev can have em

6561742061206469636b
Alb1232

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:06:12 AM

Coming from a supportive investor, if the plan for APEX is to start over with a different coin, that's alright as long as investors get a voucher for the new coin in the amount of Bitcoins used in the investment. This is only fair. This also keeps the investors you have happy and loyal; who would trust a group that stepped on its backers? In addition, angry investors may not invest purely out of spite.

Gift Cards/Vouchers are the way to go.

Coming from a person who bought nearly 5000 APEXCoins, please don't burn your bridges.

If a new coin is not in the works, please let us know.
Mauri

Activity: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:09:36 AM

Remember guys BUY HIGH SELL LOW.
baxto

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:13:20 AM

Only 280,000 on SELL.

I could be crazy.

Strato

Strato isn't coinrocket. But i do also suspect that this is the work of coinrocket as well. He was very bullish on APEX and very vocal about accumulating alot of APEX on twitter. Since this happened on twitter he has not said a word about it. I suspect this may be a ploy by him and his inside group, i dont know if Strato is apart of it and i won't accuse him of it. I have seen him in alot of threads and he is an honest guy. But i have a feeling coinrocket has something to do with this, or he IS the DEV of APEX.
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:32:02 AM

I am going to offer a suggestion, which is a little 'outside the box'. Since you tested TOR, and say it is working outside of the little problem of not working with the APEX blockchain, why not release it anyway?

Meaning, make a completely new coin. Don't do a swap, don't turn APEX into a TOR coin... just make a separate coin, and distribute it based on APEX holdings. You'd probably need to find another dev to run it, or at least help, but it does at least alleviate a couple of issues.

First off, developer trust. We can see you can actually offer something, aren't scamming anyone, and simply made a mistake.

It also assists with the current coin price a little, assuming the new TOR coin holds at least some value. People wouldn't take a big loss then, or at worst, a little loss.

Since Apex holdings would also influence distribution, it should in turn increase the demand, and therefore the price, at least somewhat. So it would buy you some time pricewise before you need to release the next feature ... in this case, I believe it was that fancier wallet.

You can use Bittrex for the distribution, or go with the Clams model based on the wallet/blockchain (or however they did it). I'd prefer the former myself, as it'd probably be easier all around. Anyway, just an idea, and it's certainly safer than doing the coin swap, and better than doing nothing at all.

We have considered this at one point, and may revisit it since we do have a working Tor coin, but at this time we believe making a new wallet would benefit the current APEX investors more. Distributing new coins on a 1:1 ratio with current coin holders sounds nice, but the execution may be a bit more complicated.
baxto

Activity: 264

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:39:10 AM

Actually now looking at Strato's sig i have reason to believe he may be on the inside as well. Sorry Strato and coinrocket, i do value your opinion on coins but i believe you may have went to far with this one. At least you guys could have staged this one a little better. But this was too obvious, no one from that camp made a peep about APEX on twitter when the news came out. Rocket has been tweeting about Pesa and Judge to distract people away from APEX. While him and his crew accumulate, which i assume he is APEX coin team lead or they are apart of the ploy as well. Like i said i value you guys opinion on the market very much, but you are not helping the community by doing things like this.
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:45:44 AM

Only 280,000 on SELL.

I could be crazy.

Strato

Strato isn't coinrocket. But i do also suspect that this is the work of coinrocket as well. He was very bullish on APEX and very vocal about accumulating alot of APEX on twitter. Since this happened on twitter he has not said a word about it. I suspect this may be a ploy by him and his inside group, i dont know if Strato is apart of it and i won't accuse him of it. I have seen him in alot of threads and he is an honest guy. But i have a feeling coinrocket has something to do with this, or he IS the DEV of APEX.

We are unsure if Strato/CoinRocket are the same person or not, but we can say he/she is not part of the APEX dev team. We found them to be highly intelligent and pleasant to chat with, but are currently not associated with each other, although we would be proud to have him on our side. We ourselves also value his opinion and perspective, and wish him success wherever he goes.

On a side note, we understand that supporters would like receive more updates to the status of current projects, and we are planning on having a way for users to get that information straight from the wallets. In the mean time, until this feature is released, we will try to be more frequent with the updates on bitcointalk and twitter.

We are sorry this happened, but we will get through this.
Alb1232

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:50:11 AM

The wallet seems like a very safe option.
If all goes well, the wallet would have contributed to the success.
If not, an update of the wallet with an "Exchange" button to exchange those APEX coins into the new ones would be a good plan. It's like a parachute, cushioning the swap.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: