Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 11:05:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249902 times)
Alb1232

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 05:15:15 AM

Hey Everyone,

A bit of simple PR you can do:
Vote for APEXCoin on Coin Ticker App (IOS/idk about Android). I submitted the coin to receive votes to be added to the list of coins the app tracks. With enough votes, it can be added and recognized. I use this app all the time to track my currencies! It keeps a log of how much you've gained or lost as well.

Get Going, IOS Users!!
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 07:48:24 AM

Hey Everyone,

Vote for APEXCoin on Coin Ticker App (IOS/idk about Android). I submitted the coin to receive votes to be added to the list of coins the app tracks. With enough votes, it can be added and recognized. I use this app all the time to track my currencies! It keeps a log of how much you've gained or lost as well.

Get Going, IOS Users!!

Is there a website to vote?  I'm an android user so.....
ruleland

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:55:16 AM

I'm not sure if we should discuss the advantages or disadvantages of anonymous transactions further. However since we might still want it in APEX (with a swap) we might want to keep going.

Just stop me if a decision has already been made.

But isn't that the problem?  Companies especially large companies like Fortune 500 wants and requires accountability otherwise employees can easily steal money and you can't track it and you can't perform proper audits as required.  Anon is cool for laundering but for business, it's going to get abused by employees and the business will be scrutinized by the fed.  For example, look at darknet, it was cool for anon but now the fed is all over in it for the very same reason.

as I see this, you still have a local ledger showing what addresses you have paid or received from, there is still complete accountability within a company. Abuse by employees is always possible, but it already is with "creative accounting". With a company shell around the wallet, transactions can be managed more securely, with accountable employees approving outgoing transactions.

I would have to agree here. Full anonymity with electronic payments serve very little real world function.

The only reasons I can think of, as to why a person or entity would want or require FULL anonymity in a monetary exchange would be:

- Avoiding Taxes (Illegal)
- Purchasing Illegal Items such as drugs, weapons, etc. (Illegal)
- Funding regimes or making contributions to organizations who perform illegal activities. (Illegal)

Am I missing anything here? Because Bitcoin, paired to a hush mail or gmail account is honestly "anonymous" enough for 99.999% of most users. The CIA, FBI, or NSA are not going to, nor are they interested in "tracking" small BTC payments from person to person for ordinary purchases, and no one without the tools those organizations have exclusive access to are unlikely to be able to track down a BTC payment to a specific person.

If you ask me the entire "Anon" concept is just an over-hyped gimmick. Make a BTC payment to me. I doubt that ANYONE here would actually be able to track that payment to my actual identity.

Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Strato

As a buyer I agree. As a public merchant with easily retrieved IP address(es), without anon, the whole transaction history might eventually be known. As BTC grows more popular, there will be entrepreneurs that start linking merchant BTC addresses to IP addresses, and make this information available for a small fee. Knowledge is still power in a lot of cases.

I do agree the anon-functionality is over-hyped. However there might be a valid demand for it in the future.

with the use of anon for illegal purposes, I agree anon would more easily facilitate illegal transactions (BTC and cash can also be used for this, but not as easy). And I hope the "next solution" would be to minimize this as much as possible.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2014, 09:59:26 PM

@apexdevteam: The total amount of coins should be added to the ann as estimate was 5m, but ended up with 6m.
Alb1232

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 12:24:00 AM

Hey Everyone,

Get Going, IOS Users!!

There's no website, but for those who have Apple products, get the app, go to Settings, then go to vote!
DJCanh

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:37:23 AM

Hey Everyone,

Get Going, IOS Users!!

There's no website, but for those who have Apple products, get the app, go to Settings, then go to vote!

Out of luck then, I'm an android user. 
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 06:07:05 AM

For Android users there's Bitcoin Checker. No need to vote here Wink
klopper

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 11:21:17 AM

How is the wallet coming along, any screens Soon? Smiley
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 02:46:43 PM

How is the wallet coming along, any screens Soon? Smiley

Wallet is still coming along. Webkit wallet coding and compiling is a very time consuming process, but we hope to get it to you roughly by the end of the week. Screens will come a day or two before release.
BitcoinBitchez

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:01:10 PM

Wow, current marketcap $6700. This is low, even a few scamcoins have higher marketcap and as far as i know APEX is NOT a scam.

If the devs don't start performing better, this coin will be dead.

What have we seen so far?
1. POW - No problems
2. Transition to POS - No problems
3. First feature adoption - Failure
4. Development of Webkit Wallet - In process

So actually we have not seen much development yet, just (empty?) promises.

I see the community voting for a feature that will take months to develop, if this is chosen it is a deathsentence for Apex. Don't do this.

If/after the new wallet is launched successfully my suggestion is to do the following:

1. Make a poll of simple features (max dev time 1 week) I.E. Blockexplorer with richlist, twitter tipbot.
2. Add ALL the features in the same order as how many votes they get.
3. Design a roadmap AS SOON AS THE VOTING IS OVER. Put this on the OP.
4. Design a simple whitepaper for each feature when you start developing - release this to the community.
5. Open a donation address in BTC for further development (Have not checked if you have already done this).
6. Open a donation address in APEX for giveaways. Do PR with giveaways for retweets+follows on twitter.

After this is done, you can start thinking about bigger development projects (months).

If you are short on devs, try to adopt one?

Not trying to be negative, just wanted to give some (constructive) criticism.

My best of luck to you, hope you succeed with the APEX.

PS. As APEX means tip/pont maybe a new logo with a mountaintip as a symbol?
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 05:07:41 PM

I agree that short term goals should be the priority. I'd go as far as say throw away polling until the coin gets back on its feet. The devs could just do the explorer + quick stuff on their own. If the price gets decent again and stable, then worry about polls and longterm projects.

Doing something with the TOR code after the wallet is finished probably would boost the price. I still suggest linking a giveaway to either the APEX blockchain or have Bittrex distribute it based on holdings -- I expect that would move Apex up rather quickly.
klopper

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:41:28 PM

Invested in APEX at 2k sat. My 1 btc buy is now worth 0.1 btc Grin Grin Grin Grin

Holding until my investment is worth 0.01 BTC!!! To the mooooooon!

DJCanh

View Profile
July 29, 2014, 09:50:54 PM

For Android users there's Bitcoin Checker. No need to vote here Wink

Cool, thanks! 

I picked up more APEX for cheap because a turn around is expected and big profits to be made.   Grin

Yeah, doing little fast projects would help a lot and keeps things active.
DFiLeR

Activity: 341
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 11:59:15 AM

Just dropping in to say I support APEX, not implementing TOR isn't a killer (not that great anyway) aslong as we keep community up and get some marketing people onboard. New wallet would also be good  ; )

:edit: a small APEX team with someone in charge of PR that can do daily updates would be good, maybe same as marketing person, seems important to lots of users....   "omg no dev comment in a day, scam!"  lol

VRC      VKAE3VC3iPf2FFJsrzirzk4SX6mSrzSUka                  XPM          AeX9teC4y9YMRNVb7726i8u3RTCcMksFG3
BTC       15P73FANUu5rgNcCr4kYVUNiD3tdmgqEuP             HYPER       HL2iRAWRThvAR9kt5NDdEPBhin57tD98hB
Gizfreak
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

Allergic to false promises

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 12:39:54 PM

Just dropping in to say I support APEX, not implementing TOR isn't a killer (not that great anyway) aslong as we keep community up and get some marketing people onboard. New wallet would also be good  ; )

:edit: a small APEX team with someone in charge of PR that can do daily updates would be good, maybe same as marketing person, seems important to lots of users....   "omg no dev comment in a day, scam!"  lol
I think it would definitely be good to have someone as a middleman between development and community.
klopper

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:24:14 PM

Suggest a rebranding to dumpcoin
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 05:36:41 PM

For those who have dumped, I do have to ask ... why would you at current prices? It's so low, as to be sort of meaningless. Personally I find it a bit odd how the coin was considered a decent price at 1000+, yet because TOR failed, it's dumped to where it is now. Were people counting on TOR that much? At 6 Mil or so coins, even if TOR was never planned, the coin would under normal circumstances be considered undervalued.

And don't take this as hype, nor a reason for anyone to buy in, but the low volume of the Bittrex order book not only shows low buy support, but low sell support too. Around 1-2 BTC would nearly quadruple the coin's price. For price manipulation theorists, it would be a pretty good setup. Again, just an observation, which could very well be incorrect.
klopper

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:36:45 PM

For those who have dumped, I do have to ask ... why would you at current prices? It's so low, as to be sort of meaningless. Personally I find it a bit odd how the coin was considered a decent price at 1000+, yet because TOR failed, it's dumped to where it is now. Were people counting on TOR that much? At 6 Mil or so coins, even if TOR was never planned, the coin would under normal circumstances be considered undervalued.

And don't take this as hype, nor a reason for anyone to buy in, but the low volume of the Bittrex order book not only shows low buy support, but low sell support too. Around 1-2 BTC would nearly quadruple the coin's price. For price manipulation theorists, it would be a pretty good setup. Again, just an observation, which could very well be incorrect.

Dev team on twitter: 1 vague post every other day.
Dev tem on btctalk: 1 vague post once a week or so..
Dev team on irc: never been able to reach devs on #apexcoin
Produced so far: POS+POW coin with premine.

Add this together and you get a sub $10k market cap with low trading volume and 0.17 btc total buy support (some of this sub 100sat).

The idea for the coin was/is great, but the dev team doesn't seem to live up to the expectations imo.

Sorry for everyones losses.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 07:42:51 PM

Dev team on twitter: 1 vague post every other day.
Dev tem on btctalk: 1 vague post once a week or so..
Dev team on irc: never been able to reach devs on #apexcoin
Produced so far: POS+POW coin with premine.

Add this together and you get a sub $10k market cap with low trading volume and 0.17 btc total buy support (some of this sub 100sat).

The idea for the coin was/is great, but the dev team doesn't seem to live up to the expectations imo.

Sorry for everyones losses.

That is really the key issue, lack of dev trust. Still, at these prices it still seems bizarre to dump to me.
We'll see if they release a fancy new wallet. I'd think so long as they release new coin features, the price would stabilize higher ... even if the features aren't that fantastic. People just like to see an active dev team.

BitcoinBitchez

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 30, 2014, 08:35:24 PM

My general idea for a new logo (I am no graphics designer & I suck at photoshop) but the idea is a more pro looking logo... anyone wants to give it a try, maybe the devs will approve?
http://oi61.tinypic.com/2vb4co2.jpg

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: