Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 03:27:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249899 times)
bitcoinwonders010

Activity: 686
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 09:48:38 AM

so is this the end of apex

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
TheProf

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:04:17 AM

The decision unfortunately is not from us. Apex team themselves need to make a serious statement. There is nothing wrong with the coin itself so my view would be to carry on with whats planned and move forward. Make a gameplan and stick to it.
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 10:06:38 AM

The decision unfortunately is not from us. Apex team themselves need to make a serious statement. There is nothing wrong with the coin itself so my view would be to carry on with whats planned and move forward. Make a gameplan and stick to it.

does someone own 51% of the coins
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:23:48 PM

No one knows what's going on because all comms have been sketchy of late.
bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:25:52 PM

i think dev has abandoned coin based on his last post
klopper

Activity: 616

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 01:47:14 PM

Someone please clear things up so we can move forward. 
dijclarwin

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:15:36 PM

I own some Apex and so wanted to comment on the current discussion.

First you can't blame someone from scooping up 51% of Apex at these low prices. There was no organized FUD campaign to get cheap coins, just an unreleased TOR. If a stock declined and one investor bought 51% no one would later complain. Through incompetence the devs have only themselves to blame for the price decline, no one else. If I had the btc I would have bought up this coin because of the flawless early development of this coin from POW to POS.

That said, before TOR release the devs seemed to have better communication and a plan. I for one want to see what exactly they are working on this week to make up for the TOR disaster. Therefore I suggest the dev release this week as planned. There is a suspicion that the dev has been scamming and there had been no development at all and the release will clear away this allegation. The Apex team billed themselves as adaptable to any environment hence the name 'APEX'. Well the changing market price of this coin should be something the dev team should be able to adapt to, including someone owning 51% of the coins. What I am asking is for the devs to actually deliver with actions on the words they have been delivering over the last few weeks.
Stratobitz
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:19:40 PM

Someone please clear things up so we can move forward. 

Responding on behalf of request of members in the thread.

The member "damiano" has nothing to do with any planned or unplanned take-over.

I find it impossible to believe that he has 51% of the stake - considering I know full well he does not - for a fact.

That said - all I can say is myself, a close friend; and a number of coin holders have come together - who's total coin stake is now in excess of 51% of the total market cap.

What does this mean?

As you can see - the coins on the order books are far and few between. Not much for sale.  Why? Most are held - in lots of addresses - and not-staked.

It is the opinion of these holders that the ApexCoin's "roots" have the potential for great success. However the current Dev Team - well lets just say - they seem to be out of the picture.

That said - there will be some upcoming announcements I am sure very soon - outlining the plan. The 51% ownership I am sure will be put to market - with a new marketing, PR, branding, and development plan. With actual results and not just words. When the coins are put to market - I am assuming the existing order books will be bought up - (not much left) - and the coins held by the "majority" will be put to market at a higher price; fork; new POS; etc.

That's all I can say for now. I'm not in charge of this - just simply a large holder - so I am involved from an investment standpoint.

Hope that helps!

Strato
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:24:05 PM

First you can't blame someone from scooping up 51% of Apex at these low prices. There was no organized FUD campaign to get cheap coins, just an unreleased TOR. If a stock declined and one investor bought 51% no one would later complain. Through incompetence the devs have only themselves to blame for the price decline, no one else. If I had the btc I would have bought up this coin because of the flawless early development of this coin from POW to POS.

That said, before TOR release the devs seemed to have better communication and a plan. I for one want to see what exactly they are working on this week to make up for the TOR disaster. Therefore I suggest the dev release this week as planned. There is a suspicion that the dev has been scamming and there had been no development at all and the release will clear away this allegation. The Apex team billed themselves as adaptable to any environment hence the name 'APEX'. Well the changing market price of this coin should be something the dev team should be able to adapt to, including someone owning 51% of the coins. What I am asking is for the devs to actually deliver with actions on the words they have been delivering over the last few weeks.

It is my understanding - again - not the one heading this "plan" - but the group is "not asking".

With 51% (I believe greater); the coin being decentralized - no one "owns it"; a majority stake can provide a fork of it's own; and provide a road map for the future.

There are no alternatives. With 51% (perhaps greater) - the coin is held hostage. Meaning - at any moment if the community does not go along with it - the majority could collectively dump.

That is NOT the plan. I am just simply stating that the current group is not asking - they are acting. They are invested in this coin - and feel the current DEV Team is "reckless" with their money.

We are playing hardball and plan to see this coin succeed.

Strato
klopper

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:31:09 PM

It is my understanding - again - not the one heading this "plan" - but the group is "not asking".

With 51% (I believe greater); the coin being decentralized - no one "owns it"; a majority stake can provide a fork of it's own; and provide a road map for the future.

There are no alternatives. With 51% (perhaps greater) - the coin is held hostage. Meaning - at any moment if the community does not go along with it - the majority could collectively dump.

That is NOT the plan. I am just simply stating that the current group is not asking - they are acting. They are invested in this coin - and feel the current DEV Team is "reckless" with their money.

We are playing hardball and plan to see this coin succeed.

Strato

Thank you. Finally someone clearing the air. Good luck from a fellow ApexCoin investor/holder.
Stratobitz
Legendary

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 05:37:43 PM

not a scammer, but not going to make someone stupid rich for hostile takeover, so not releasing sh*t.

Respectfully; among those in on the takeover - it was never once even brought up as an "interest" of getting the wallet you've been working on.

You haven't released anything. Your TOR launch was a bust. We still haven't seen a wallet.

Honestly; if you gave us the wallet - it wouldn't be used. There are new ideas; fresh leadership, and a roadmap of where this coin is going to go.

Don't mean to sound brazen; but it's the simple truth.

Best,

Strato
dijclarwin

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 06:02:50 PM

not a scammer, but not going to make someone stupid rich for hostile takeover, so not releasing sh*t.

Respectfully; among those in on the takeover - it was never once even brought up as an "interest" of getting the wallet you've been working on.

You haven't released anything. Your TOR launch was a bust. We still haven't seen a wallet.

Honestly; if you gave us the wallet - it wouldn't be used. There are new ideas; fresh leadership, and a roadmap of where this coin is going to go.

Don't mean to sound brazen; but it's the simple truth.

Best,

Strato

Well I missed the dev's post about the 'hostile takeover'. Unfortunately I have to agree with Stratobitz that we haven't actually seen any actual features the Apexcoin team have been touting. All I have seen was an intense marketing campaign on twitter from what I understand had now come back to bite the Apex devs since the same twitter channels seem to have been used to band together investors who lost big on APEX.

Personally I would still like to see what the original dev created for APEX to see if they have just been scamming or actually have a finished product.

This whole situation is kind of ironic since the original promise for this coin was for the Apex devs to poll the community on features for the coin and to keep up to date with other coins. Well the Apex devs seem to have succeeded since the Tor launch failing has brought together a community of people who believe in this promise but feel the original Apex Team is the obstacle standing in the way. Time will tell if they are right.
SirEGB

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 07:12:23 PM

Forking with your 51% would basically screw the 49% including yourself, I could deal with the original dev but this move is just foolish and killed any chance of a rebound.  Remember what happened to flutter?  Threatened the dev and he got fed up and bounced.  Take over coins never rebound ever. 
BitcoinBitchez

Activity: 18

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 08:02:11 PM

Forking with your 51% would basically screw the 49% including yourself, I could deal with the original dev but this move is just foolish and killed any chance of a rebound.  Remember what happened to flutter?  Threatened the dev and he got fed up and bounced.  Take over coins never rebound ever. 

Won't all the coins be moved to the new fork?
Walrusbonzo

Activity: 682

View Profile
August 02, 2014, 11:47:57 PM

You're wrong. VOOT was taken over and was doing very well before last weekend.
SirEGB

Activity: 142
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 12:38:20 AM

A dev leaving does not constitute as a take over and VOOT is still half its value and that's even with the hype that big news is coming. 
klopper

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 06:39:24 AM

Forking with your 51% would basically screw the 49% including yourself, I could deal with the original dev but this move is just foolish and killed any chance of a rebound.  Remember what happened to flutter?  Threatened the dev and he got fed up and bounced.  Take over coins never rebound ever.  

A dev leaving does not constitute as a take over and VOOT is still half its value and that's even with the hype that big news is coming.  

Voot dropped under 50sat some weeks ago. Then new devs came and price went to 3k. Then new dev says he is leaving and takes it back price 700 sat.

You dont get all the history on bittrex, only 14days max.
This is why you think voot is at half its value when it is actually 15x from the lowest.
Vlad2Vlad
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1530

www.ixcoin.net

View Profile WWW
August 03, 2014, 07:53:55 AM

There are some games being played with this coin.

Hopefully the game wasn't to just dump the premine and find a clever way to get out while not looking like scammers; like this 51% hostile takeover where now the dev can pretend he's not gonna enrich someone doing a hostile takeover so all of a sudden he doesn't have to release any of the promised updates.

Hopefully the game is to switch gears under new management via the 51% but then one has to wonder why would they need to do that if there has been no foul play?

Big gamble here - there's a good chance this is now just another dead ScamCoin with the scammers well on their way to launching their new ScamCoin.

iXcoin - Welcome to the F U T U R E!
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:50:37 AM
Last edit: August 03, 2014, 09:12:17 AM by poornamelessme

There are some games being played with this coin.

Hopefully the game wasn't to just dump the premine and find a clever way to get out while not looking like scammers; like this 51% hostile takeover where now the dev can pretend he's not gonna enrich someone doing a hostile takeover so all of a sudden he doesn't have to release any of the promised updates.

Hopefully the game is to switch gears under new management via the 51% but then one has to wonder why would they need to do that if there has been no foul play?

Big gamble here - there's a good chance this is now just another dead ScamCoin with the scammers well on their way to launching their new ScamCoin.

Agreed.

I first assumed the dev purposely drove down the price of the coin with the failed Tor announcement. Then all he would have to do is release the fancy wallet stuff, or come back and say he somehow figured out how to get Tor working, or planned to do that fork/swap to Tor ... and probably it'd result in an instant double to triple coin value.

No idea if the 51% takeover stuff is on the level or not, but it is strangely bizarre to have a takeover because a dev failed at releasing a feature one week, then required more than a week to release a different feature. It's not like he vanished for months. I've seen coins where a dev posts maybe once every 2 weeks (and said and did nothing at all), and even there people were hesitant to bring up the fork/takeover talk until several months passed.

bitcoinwonders010

View Profile
August 03, 2014, 08:56:45 AM

this coin  has too many issues to invest in.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: