Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 118 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ApexCoin Rebirth - Minable Proof Of Stake - Web Wallet - BlockNet Association  (Read 249901 times)
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

Activity: 261
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:30:48 PM

Thank you for that article. That sums up all the major points in a nutshell!
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:37:37 PM

Here is altcointoday's article announcing their giveaway campaign. Feel free to spread the word, and we will include it on OP as well.

http://www.altcointoday.com/apexcoin-new-wallet-wtrading-platform-built-in-and-free-coins/
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 08:49:17 PM

If you guys can win back your supporters, I suggest not letting communication and PR fall on the back-burner going forward. Unless, of course, this is just an attempt to get the price to 1k satoshi and an enormous dump commences. I'll put some btc back into this and see what develops. Please, keep communication with your community. Transparency will keep your loyal supporters from becoming resentful

Nah, it made sense for the dev to be silent. Personally I think he went a bit overboard and shouldn't have driven the price down into ground as much as he did, and the takeover stuff was going somewhat overboard. But price goes low, coins got gobbled up, dev miraculously returns with new wallet. Makes perfect sense.

I hear what you're saying. The big issue is that there are hundreds upon hundreds of coins out there, and constantly being released. If something becomes fishy, good luck shaking that stigma. You don't want to inflate and deflate and then attempt to inflate your community base on a continual cycle. Especially in the infancy of the coin, you need a solid foundation of follow through and innovation. That's just my opinion

We hear you guys, and understand that the circumstances can make it look fishy. However, hindsight is 20/20, and we cannot change the events of the past. We genuinely believed the takeover was legitimate and felt that if that is what the community wanted, we would support it. Like previously stated, we continued work on the webkit in case it was FUD, which we now know it was. It may or may not have sped up the webkit development, but at the very least it started a short series of chimp memes that were pretty humorous, so at least something good came from it Smiley
altkoinsempai

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 09:07:24 PM

When will the code be available for the new wallet?
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:01:17 AM

At this time, we are debating whether to release the code for the new wallet, as it is optional and fully compatible with the standard v1.1 wallet. Final decision will be made tomorrow.
DJCanh

Activity: 278
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:36:21 AM

Seems like someone wants to steal it for Confessioncoin go figure the dev figured it out and now someone wants to steal it already. 
DJCanh

Activity: 278

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:44:12 AM

Here is altcointoday's article announcing their giveaway campaign. Feel free to spread the word, and we will include it on OP as well.

http://www.altcointoday.com/apexcoin-new-wallet-wtrading-platform-built-in-and-free-coins/

I can't say no to free coins.  Smiley
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:59:08 AM

Seems like someone wants to steal it for Confessioncoin go figure the dev figured it out and now someone wants to steal it already.  

That is the main reason we are discussing it first. It hasn't even been 24 hours and looks like another dev is trying to take it.

In other news, we are also discussing adding legitimate merchant websites into the wallet. This will not only allow users to spend their coins right out of the wallet, but gives legitimate businesses incentive to adopt APEX acceptance in the form of free advertisement for their website. If you are a legitimate business and this interests you, please send me a PM.
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 01:40:13 AM

ApexCoin has been added to AllCrypt.com!

Thank you! We will add it to the list on OP.
infus1on

Activity: 103

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:03:18 AM

Just donated 4500 Apex to the marketing fund.

Address: AJXD8mXb4prcrmM8dRSby36dA8P97LUBB5
TxId: ffaa86426172d14ec0757a88e31347197d0ade2a62a7dad92b08641c0ed953a3

Dev,

I don't think you should release the wallet code. Not yet, the coin is undervalued and we don't need cheap scamcoins around mimicking code.

This release can happen at a later time period where the coin is well established and has reasonable value, and progressed a bit further.

The code maybe should be reviewed by an independent peer. A respected dev just to give assurance.

Also, what are the marketing plans and strategies like?

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:49:57 AM

Dev,

I don't think you should release the wallet code. Not yet, the coin is undervalued and we don't need cheap scamcoins around mimicking code.

This release can happen at a later time period where the coin is well established and has reasonable value, and progressed a bit further.

The code maybe should be reviewed by an independent peer. A respected dev just to give assurance.

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley

Thank you for the support, that puts total donated towards this giveaway campaign to 17500, leaving 7500 to go.

We are also leaning towards your opinion about the code release. We will likely have a respected independent dev review the code after each version release until webkit wallets become more common, so that we can keep our competitive advantage.

As for marketing plans, we currently have the campaign with altcointoday.com as you well know. We also have a banner running on cryptocointalk.com. On top of that, we am completing an interview that was requested by altcoinspeculation.com from a while back that I never got around to finishing, although they seemed to have stopped publishing so we are unsure if this effort will be for naught. Outside of those things, we are open to suggestions, however we hope the community gives a hand in this area as it takes more than a few devs to create buzz, it takes a community spreading the word and creating awareness. A coin is only as strong as it's community. Mentions in troll boxes, tweets, retweets, we will be providing the material to talk about, so we need everyone to go talk about it. If you are skilled in making promotional videos, that would help as well. If you can provide professional quality and would like a bounty, we can see if the community would be willing to donate towards that end, as good quality videos have shown to be beneficial to a coin's pricing.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention that several services and entities have reached out to us today since launching the wallet v2.0, and if we can come to an agreement, APEX will be part of their services provided. These will be announced once they are more secure, since some deals may fall through and we do not want to release false information.
altkoinsempai

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:12:50 AM

That is the main reason we are discussing it first. It hasn't even been 24 hours and looks like another dev is trying to take it.

In other news, we are also discussing adding legitimate merchant websites into the wallet. This will not only allow users to spend their coins right out of the wallet, but gives legitimate businesses incentive to adopt APEX acceptance in the form of free advertisement for their website. If you are a legitimate business and this interests you, please send me a PM.

Hate to be sarcastic, but I kind of expected an accusation for asking for the source of an open source project.  And I truly have no interest in "stealing" your code for adding a webpage to a Qt app -- of course ConfessionCoin does that already and I helped out on that.  What I'm curious about is the build process -- if you're cross compiling or building natively, and I can find that out very quickly from seeing the code and trying to build it.

I'm disappointed you (as the official dev account) jumped to that conclusion.  I'm of the opinion that keeping your coin code secret doesn't add any advantages ... apparently your users feel differently.  C'est le vie.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:34:05 AM

Hmm... not so sure any sane person here would use a wallet that wasn't open sourced. I mean, enough fishy things have gone on already. How many folks would feel good about using this new wallet with no idea what is inside of it, after what has occurred with the coin so far?
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:48:57 AM

Hate to be sarcastic, but I kind of expected an accusation for asking for the source of an open source project.  And I truly have no interest in "stealing" your code for adding a webpage to a Qt app -- of course ConfessionCoin does that already and I helped out on that.  What I'm curious about is the build process -- if you're cross compiling or building natively, and I can find that out very quickly from seeing the code and trying to build it.

I'm disappointed you (as the official dev account) jumped to that conclusion.  I'm of the opinion that keeping your coin code secret doesn't add any advantages ... apparently your users feel differently.  C'est le vie.

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but I did not personally read up on Confessioncoin. I simply saw a newbie account with only a handful of posts on their thread and jumped to that conclusion, and I apologize. As for your question, I'm pretty sure it was built natively, but will confirm when the coder wakes in the morning.
Otsu

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:51:33 AM

The new wallet is an option, you don't have to use it if you don't want to but the dev have not done anything malicious in terms of coding so far so I have no problem using it and neither has anyone else.  If they wanted to pull a Honorcoin then they would of done that at launch.  

I like the whole merchant idea, I hope merchants start accepting APEX.  Is APEX on coinpayment yet?
APEXcoin_Team (OP)

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 04:55:56 AM

Hmm... not so sure any sane person here would use a wallet that wasn't open sourced. I mean, enough fishy things have gone on already. How many folks would feel good about using this new wallet with no idea what is inside of it, after what has occurred with the coin so far?

That is why we would have a respected dev look over the code if we were to keep it closed. Users will still have the option of using wallet v1.1, and not utilize the features we offer, if they so choose, same as people have the option not to back up their contacts to their google accounts because they do not trust google, however convenient the service may be.

In any event, we will discuss this more before deciding, as we have now heard from two different views from the community on this.
altkoinsempai

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:02:55 AM

Sorry for jumping to conclusions, but I did not personally read up on Confessioncoin. I simply saw a newbie account with only a handful of posts on their thread and jumped to that conclusion, and I apologize. As for your question, I'm pretty sure it was built natively, but will confirm when the coder wakes in the morning.

No problem, thanks for that response.  I am still curious if it's built natively (that's my guess anyway) if you don't mind following up.

BTW, I saw you said you're doing direct payments from the wallet, which ConfessionCoin also does.  Seems like your devs have a handle on it, but there's at least that point of reference in the CFN github if it comes in handy.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:04:46 AM

The new wallet is an option, you don't have to use it if you don't want to but the dev have not done anything malicious in terms of coding so far so I have no problem using it and neither has anyone else.  If they wanted to pull a Honorcoin then they would of done that at launch.  

Actually, probably not.  If I was the evil sort, it'd probably make more sense to release an open source wallet, then release a fancy second closed source one, claiming it's to protect the code from theft.

If you are asking me if I honestly think there is malicious code in the new wallet, I'd say nope. But at the same time I'm sure others will have those thoughts, especially with what has gone on with the coin so far. If it was me, I'd just opensource it. Since the devs here are the ones that made it, they could always add improvements to it over time, and ideally people would prefer using the coin that originated the features, rather than a copy-cat clone.
klopper

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:23:17 AM

Dev,

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley

Thank you for the support, that puts total donated towards this giveaway campaign to 17500, leaving 7500 to go.

We are also leaning towards your opinion about the code release. We will likely have a respected independent dev review the code after each version release until webkit wallets become more common, so that we can keep our competitive advantage.

As for marketing plans, we currently have the campaign with altcointoday.com as you well know. We also have a banner running on cryptocointalk.com. On top of that, we am completing an interview that was requested by altcoinspeculation.com from a while back that I never got around to finishing, although they seemed to have stopped publishing so we are unsure if this effort will be for naught. Outside of those things, we are open to suggestions, however we hope the community gives a hand in this area as it takes more than a few devs to create buzz, it takes a community spreading the word and creating awareness. A coin is only as strong as it's community. Mentions in troll boxes, tweets, retweets, we will be providing the material to talk about, so we need everyone to go talk about it. If you are skilled in making promotional videos, that would help as well. If you can provide professional quality and would like a bounty, we can see if the community would be willing to donate towards that end, as good quality videos have shown to be beneficial to a coin's pricing.

Edit: Whoops, forgot to mention that several services and entities have reached out to us today since launching the wallet v2.0, and if we can come to an agreement, APEX will be part of their services provided. These will be announced once they are more secure, since some deals may fall through and we do not want to release false information.

First of all thanks for the new wallet, it's beautiful
You guys are doing a great job on the PR-side now, making all the right moves imo.

Since you now have been confirmed as REAL devs and not scammers, what do you think about getting a POD approval from @CryptoAsian (http://cryptoasian.com/proof-of-developer-faq/)?
If you like the idea send him a tweet and let him know, i think this can be good PR and gain some more trust outside of the APEX community.

SirEGB

Activity: 142

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 05:32:01 AM

Dev,

Loving the new logo!

Thanks Smiley

First of all thanks for the new wallet, it's beautiful
You guys are doing a great job on the PR-side now, making all the right moves imo.

Since you now have been confirmed as REAL devs and not scammers, what do you think about getting a POD approval from @CryptoAsian (http://cryptoasian.com/proof-of-developer-faq/)?
If you like the idea send him a tweet and let him know, i think this can be good PR and gain some more trust outside of the APEX community.

No offense to @CryptoAsian but I think the whole Proof of Developer is a joke because you can still easily cheat those requirements.  I would rather have what @AllAltNews called Proof of Time because you can never cheat time and scams usually never last more than a week because scammers want to drop a coin and get out fast.  Whereas legit coins will continue on for months and years.  But of course, POD is better than nothing.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 118 »
  Print  

Jump to: