Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 02:01:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719045 times)
systh

Activity: 390
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 08:32:33 AM

Are these new wallets closed source? No github updates since July...

Edit: In fact, no real updates on github for one year.

You all really need to read the OP.

What IOC is doing is one of a kind.  As mentioned before.  When the new HTML wallet is released it will be the ONLY wallet for IOC, period.
QT will be kicked to the curb, all focus on HTML  wallet for the future.
They are talking about taking I/O Coin mainstream to the real world. The HTML wallet is going to help with their overall plans.

The new wallet can have features added to it that will help with the overall user friendliness and future proofing.

No other wallet can claim these bragging rights when the IOC wallet is realised.

Yes it IS closed source, they dont want any bunch of scam coin devs stealing the code so they can use it to pump a shit coin.

So to be clear, there a plenty of updates since day one, nothing but solid, hard work and insane devotion from the IOC team and the rest of the crypto world can choke to death on the real developments IOC is developing.   IOC is for real, in a very VERY small minority of coins actually trying to be named along side Bitcoin and Ethereum.

So if you want a linux wallet, then look elsewhere.

Ehm, what? IOC is going mainstream, fine. But mainstream-only?
I understand that Linux is far from mainstream, but completely ignoring it isn't wise IMO. Moreover in crypto world, there are many Linux users.

I don't know how about you, but with such focus on staking, I would love to stake on my dedicated Linux machine 24/7.. I wouldn't dare to do that with Windows.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 10:24:02 AM

Are these new wallets closed source? No github updates since July...

Edit: In fact, no real updates on github for one year.

You all really need to read the OP.

What IOC is doing is one of a kind.  As mentioned before.  When the new HTML wallet is released it will be the ONLY wallet for IOC, period.
QT will be kicked to the curb, all focus on HTML  wallet for the future.
They are talking about taking I/O Coin mainstream to the real world. The HTML wallet is going to help with their overall plans.

The new wallet can have features added to it that will help with the overall user friendliness and future proofing.

No other wallet can claim these bragging rights when the IOC wallet is realised.

Yes it IS closed source, they dont want any bunch of scam coin devs stealing the code so they can use it to pump a shit coin.

So to be clear, there a plenty of updates since day one, nothing but solid, hard work and insane devotion from the IOC team and the rest of the crypto world can choke to death on the real developments IOC is developing.   IOC is for real, in a very VERY small minority of coins actually trying to be named along side Bitcoin and Ethereum.

So if you want a linux wallet, then look elsewhere.

Ehm, what? IOC is going mainstream, fine. But mainstream-only?
I understand that Linux is far from mainstream, but completely ignoring it isn't wise IMO. Moreover in crypto world, there are many Linux users.

I don't know how about you, but with such focus on staking, I would love to stake on my dedicated Linux machine 24/7.. I wouldn't dare to do that with Windows.

You raise a valid point.  If staking can be increased by 10%+ due to being Linux compatible then it would be great if the new wallet, after release, could then be adapted to use for linux, that would be fantastic.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 01:18:35 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks for your interest in I/O Digital - I/O Coin. Welcome!

When we release the new HTML5 wallet, there will be official releases and support for Windows and OSX.
You are able to compile a Linux wallet yourselves. We will have instructions on how to do that.
We will - probably - compile one ourselves too. Source code will be available yes.

The old QT will NOT continue to work when HTML5 is released.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Cheers
Richard
cohnhead

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:28:15 PM

Hi guys,

When we release the new HTML5 wallet, there will be official releases and support for Windows and OSX.
You are able to compile a Linux wallet yourselves. We will have instructions on how to do that.
We will - probably - compile one ourselves too. Source code will be available yes.

Cheers
Richard

Hi Richard,

hopefully its got most of the major kinks out before release...as would be really bad if it didn't work right.  I usually subscribe to the adage... if its not broken don't fix it...but if the innovation is that groundbreaking maybe its worth the risk.
If old qt wallet wont work, how much time are you factoring for transition?
also would that be considered a fork?
BoscoMurray

Activity: 450

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 02:49:58 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers
Richard

Thanks for the info Richard. Much appreciated.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:19:47 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers
Richard

Will buy a notepad with my Augur profits and run the new wallet on Linux, so any Linux experts who run the new I/O Coin wallet, PLEASE can you write a simple to follow user guide for us newbies! 

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
systh

Activity: 390

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 05:56:20 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers
Richard

Will buy a notepad with my Augur profits and run the new wallet on Linux, so any Linux experts who run the new I/O Coin wallet, PLEASE can you write a simple to follow user guide for us newbies! 

I was asking for this a while ago, multiple times. Then tried to compile it from the source myself, failed. Tried wine (with not much hopes, but why not), failed.
Then gave up, moved my coins to exchange and waiting till then..

I was told someone managed to run the wallet on Linux, but asking for instructions or howtos was futile. Let's have better luck now.

SNOVio – Decentralized Lead Generation  |   Telegram  |   Facebook
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 02, 2015, 11:26:40 PM

Where has all the buy support gone?

Poloniex buy support now only 0.8 BTC

Bittrex only 5.5btc

Everyone taking Bitcoin to cash out (sell way too cheap)  people with money will always rules.

ALL alts are going to suffer BIG time from this Bitcoin rally.   mosy people will cash out way too soon, or try and trade and end up losing BTC.
Either way, very worrying times for alts right now.

cohnhead

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 01:20:29 AM

Bittrex only 5.5btc

Everyone taking Bitcoin to cash out (sell way too cheap)  people with money will always rules.

ALL alts are going to suffer BIG time from this Bitcoin rally.   mosy people will cash out way too soon, or try and trade and end up losing BTC.

what me worry!

rising btc will put pressure on alts...but isn't that a good thing if there are a couple of alt coin projects that seem like they could amount to something in the future. Like IOC. With so much focus on BTC and its upward move...I thinks its a great buying opportunity for alts...and it could get better in terms of cheap alt coins...then at a certain point when btc actions slows and stabilizes...that rising tide will lift all the other boats in the sea.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:07:22 PM

Bittrex only 5.5btc

what me worry!

rising btc will put pressure on alts...but isn't that a good thing if there are a couple of alt coin projects that seem like they could amount to something in the future. Like IOC. With so much focus on BTC and its upward move...I thinks its a great buying opportunity for alts...and it could get better in terms of cheap alt coins...then at a certain point when btc actions slows and stabilizes...that rising tide will lift all the other boats in the sea.

I can honestly say i am devastated.  This is going to be a Nightmare before Christmas all over again!  Bitcoin run is going to kill alts, the people who sell to trade BTC will end up losing money or making money and not going back to alts.

Last years all time lows for IOC hurt real bad... this is going to be unbearable.   

cohnhead

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 07:50:11 PM

Bittrex only 5.5btc

what me worry!

I can honestly say i am devastated.  This is going to be a Nightmare before Christmas all over again!  Bitcoin run is going to kill alts, the people who sell to trade BTC will end up losing money or making money and not going back to alts.

Last years all time lows for IOC hurt real bad... this is going to be unbearable.   

this may become a bloodbath. but a lot of investors take advantage when there is blood running in the streets.

could be good buying opportunity and may even get better.

just hope it doesn't impact on ability of IOC team to continue to fund project internally

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 03, 2015, 08:40:19 PM

Bittrex only 5.5btc

what me worry!

this may become a bloodbath. but a lot of investors take advantage when there is blood running in the streets.

could be good buying opportunity and may even get better.

just hope it doesn't impact on ability of IOC team to continue to fund project internally

Hi, no worries about funding. We don't trade any of the IOC we hold for funding purposes or personal usage. We as a team are holding. I know many big holders we know are also holding.

IOC price is not something we worry about. Yes it is cheap. But look at all the other alts like mrwhitebites says. All alts are going down.
I cant blame the traders because they need BTC to cash out. Its a cycle. BTC will come down sometime and when news is released any alt can be on the upperside in a blink of an eye.

Agree on the opportunity to buy more cheap if you want. Could be risky, but could also be worth it.
I'm buying more at these levels. Not saying / advising you should though ;-)

Cheers
Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 10:39:26 AM

This Bitcoin rise and the bloodbath is causing to all alts on the exchanges, really caught me by surprise, i did not expect for one moment it would have such a hammer blow to all alts.

But as Richard pointed out, I/OCOin holders are made of stronger stuff, staking is well over 40% and virtually back to an average of 50%, so only a few small panic sellers are selling, I/OCoin still have an overall stronger staking percentage than any other POS coin i can see, a true testament in the belief of what the IOC team is doing.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 04, 2015, 12:50:49 PM

This Bitcoin rise and the bloodbath is causing to all alts on the exchanges, really caught me by surprise, i did not expect for one moment it would have such a hammer blow to all alts.

But as Richard pointed out, I/OCOin holders are made of stronger stuff, staking is well over 40% and virtually back to an average of 50%, so only a few small panic sellers are selling, I/OCoin still have an overall stronger staking percentage than any other POS coin i can see, a true testament in the belief of what the IOC team is doing.

At least the price per IOC is jumping as well.
our low was $0.009 and now $0.015 per IOC if you could sell them at market price.
SAT price maybe low, but price per IOC is climbing. At our latest July top (15k sat), the price of one IOC was $0.032

Just how you look at it. 15k sat would be better now for sure.

Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 06, 2015, 08:28:15 AM

Just looking at the io_Coin twitter account, its fairly inactive, does anyone here think it would be a good idea for the Official Twitter Account, to be more active, like a few posts a day?  I think it would certainly help. ATM, its like 1 little post per week, I/OCOin certainly needs to attract all the attention it can, you see many other alts being far more active and it seems to help them.

https://twitter.com/IO_Coin

MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 06:15:53 PM

http://www.iodigital.io/  Outstanding update on the official I/O Coin website.

Maybe a couple of grammatical errors to fix.

I attached the photo to the twitter reply and included your user name Richard(you might need to unblock me to see it though)  with your expert business expertise I am sure good times are just around the corner.

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 08, 2015, 08:04:03 PM
Last edit: November 08, 2015, 08:14:04 PM by cryptocoinnl

How to buy I/O Coin?

http://www.iodigital.io/how-to-buy-io-coin/

If someone can create a video instruction for that: thank you!

Cheers
Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 08:48:17 AM

Great How to Guide (i remember writing a lot of it)  Smiley

All i would suggest is at the top, you put some simple steps, as it can get a little over whelming.

EG:

What you will need to do.

1- Buy Bitcoin (if you have Bitcoin go to step 2)
2 - Transfer Bitcoin to a exchange like Poloniex or Bittrex
3- Find I/O Coin Trading page. Trading name IOC
4- Place Order for IOC.
5- Transfer bought IOC to Desktop wallet

(then the full explanation below)

cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 01:39:48 PM

All i would suggest is at the top, you put some simple steps, as it can get a little over whelming.

EG:

4- Place Order for IOC.

thanks. added it.
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
November 09, 2015, 03:23:46 PM

EG:

4- Place Order for IOC.

thanks. added it.

Excellent Richard thank you and i seen your tweet about "Approaching the Finish line"  I am sure many will agree, its the most exciting time for IOC , to date, once DIONS is released and businesses use the Blockchain.

Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: