Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 03:58:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 719039 times)
cryptocoinnl

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:51:39 PM

Good volume today, I think we are getting some fresh attention.
Some of that is me

welcome!

Cheers
Richard
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 09:53:17 PM

Hi is anyone else having troubles syncing QT wallet to blockchain?

No, the QT and HTML wallets work perfect. I actually installed the latest QT wallet on a friends machine yesterday (running Windows 8 ), it took around 20hrs from start to finish to fully sync, then when it was, sent coins to it which arrived super fast (under 5 seconds!) and i know they have been buying coins last night and today ad sending to wallet and are very impressed with I/O Coin, to say the least.  

On the exchanges i am seeing slow build up of buy support, some real stealthy buying going on, very positive signs!

The next few weeks i can see IOC in the 7k region no problem, still a fraction of it potential value, which i expect to be in the 100k region within 12 months from now.  (write this down and thank me later!)

With the DIONS HTML5 wallet release we also will add a bootstrap to load a new wallet much much faster.
So it wont take 20 hrs then but more like 30 mins.

Cheers
Richard
SpringfieldM1A

Activity: 966
Merit: 550

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:04:42 PM

Some of that is me

Well then pardon me for mistaking you for trolling earlier. Sometimes it's hard to see nuance on this board. Apologies, but most of all welcome to our little hideout.
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 10:06:51 PM

Hi is anyone else having troubles syncing QT wallet to blockchain?

No, the QT and HTML wallets work perfect. I actually installed the latest QT wallet on a friends machine yesterday (running Windows 8 ), it took around 20hrs from start to finish to fully sync, then when it was, sent coins to it which arrived super fast (under 5 seconds!) and i know they have been buying coins last night and today ad sending to wallet and are very impressed with I/O Coin, to say the least.  

On the exchanges i am seeing slow build up of buy support, some real stealthy buying going on, very positive signs!

The next few weeks i can see IOC in the 7k region no problem, still a fraction of it potential value, which i expect to be in the 100k region within 12 months from now.  (write this down and thank me later!)

Very good analysis, I wholly agree. Your 12 month timeline is a bit conservative I think though Smiley
adhitthana
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:04:58 PM

Thanks for the welcome guys.  Smiley
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
January 13, 2016, 11:05:41 PM

Some of that is me

Well then pardon me for mistaking you for trolling earlier. Sometimes it's hard to see nuance on this board. Apologies, but most of all welcome to our little hideout.
No problem. I completely understand. All good. Smiley
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
January 13, 2016, 11:17:54 PM

January 8th 2016 DEV UPDATE

Hello Everyone,

Since we started to work on DIONS, we kept everything in a private repo. This is the reason why our original I/O Coin repo is not showing any commits to the code. Due to possible jacking of the code, The team instead chose to commit to a private repo. Below you will find screenshots of our private github and our commits. Not all commits will be shown below, as we also worked on a Bitbucket account. That's where Derek made all the commits to DIONS, which we then moved over to github, when the code was completed. We wanted to share these images with the community, to show all the months of development that we have given to DIONS and the new wallet. We wanted to share this with you all, because we recognize that DIONS has taken longer to release than previously anticipated,  but is not for lack of work.

Our last code commit to github was November 16th 2015. That was our last commit of last year, but that's because we have been testing and working on code changes to the api outside of github.  This past week we worked on some more changes to the latest api proposition from Pat and today we made our latest commit to our repo. This commit is for consideration of our (DIONS) lead dev Derek. It contains the latest propositions from pat to complete the wallet and now we are awaiting on Derek's review. Once Derek is done with his review he will determine if Pat's request for new api calls are called for or not. If so Derek will have to make some new changes to the code and send an updated api back to Pat for implementation on the wallet. If it all goes smoothly then we set up testnet again to test that everything is working before our release.

Lastly we have one more dev opening that we are looking to fill and we continue to interview candidates for the position. As always, we would like to thank everyone that's following our project. We will give another update once we get more info..

ps. We are showing 1 of 4 pages of history because we didn't want to flood the ann thread with images.

Thanks Everyone

I/O DIGITAL DEV TEAM

January 13th 2016 Follow Up - DEV UPDATE

Derek has reached a consensus to streamline the final api calls to DIONS. Derek will be working on defining blocks of functionality in terms of packaged up calls to his api and how Pat can interpret this so that we can finally get the full implementation in the wallet. Derek will be writing a final proposal as clearly as possible so that we can all proceed with Pat on the final stages of the DIONS api implementation.

We will update again once we make the first commits on github,

Thanks Everyone

I/O DIGITAL DEV TEAM

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
MrWhiteBites

Activity: 770
Merit: 511

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 01:02:33 PM

Derek has reached a consensus to streamline the final api calls to DIONS. Derek will be working on defining blocks of functionality in terms of packaged up calls to his api and how Pat can interpret this so that we can finally get the full implementation in the wallet. Derek will be writing a final proposal as clearly as possible so that we can all proceed with Pat on the final stages of the DIONS api implementation.

Thanks Everyone

I/O DIGITAL DEV TEAM

Thanks Joel,

So, in plain English this means DIONS is the final step that is holding the new wallet back and once the api is implemented then the wallet will be ready?

Also, i suspect there is some good news coming regarding the VC meetings? Just looking on the exchanges, the buy support is building all the time , slow and steady and good buys are taking place, like somebody knows something Wink

Also staking is up to 42% looks like people are moving coins to wallets, which is great, more loyal holders investing.

Keep it up!

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 02:46:20 PM

Thanks Everyone

I/O DIGITAL DEV TEAM

Thanks Joel,

So, in plain English this means DIONS is the final step that is holding the new wallet back and once the api is implemented then the wallet will be ready?

Also, i suspect there is some good news coming regarding the VC meetings? Just looking on the exchanges, the buy support is building all the time , slow and steady and good buys are taking place, like somebody knows something Wink

Also staking is up to 42% looks like people are moving coins to wallets, which is great, more loyal holders investing.

Keep it up!

That includes me. It's the second coin for me EVER to not keep on an exchange, I was more of a trader with a sharklike attitude. I didn't want to risk left holding the bag so I wanted to be able to sell on a moments notice, so I kept all my alts on different exchanges. Stupid perhaps, but it never backfired. I just pulled all my IOC off the exchanges and I am happily staking away. The last time I did this was in May 2014  Shocked I have seen enough of both the devs here and the community to know this is going to blow everyone's socks off.
mctaino

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 05:44:31 PM
Last edit: January 14, 2016, 08:07:12 PM by mctaino

Thanks Everyone

I/O DIGITAL DEV TEAM

Thanks Joel,

Keep it up!

That includes me. It's the second coin for me EVER to not keep on an exchange, I was more of a trader with a sharklike attitude. I didn't want to risk left holding the bag so I wanted to be able to sell on a moments notice, so I kept all my alts on different exchanges. Stupid perhaps, but it never backfired. I just pulled all my IOC off the exchanges and I am happily staking away. The last time I did this was in May 2014  Shocked I have seen enough of both the devs here and the community to know this is going to blow everyone's socks off.

First of all, I want to thank everyone that's been with us through this ride. I appreciate you for entrusting our team.

I must come clean with my fellow iocoiners. From Day 1 I've poured my heart and soul into this project, never to think back, but to look forward to so many opportunities for us in this field. I know the coins are attached to fiat value, so I'm always in consideration of all the sacrifices many have made, to stick with us through it all. What I can attest to is, My stakes are high and I'm here for the very very long haul. One of  my goals is to see our Blockchain gaining some strong adoption. Im sure if we continue the hard work, we will help make a difference in this space.  We may not be perfect, things could have some hiccups, but we are and will work, very hard to stay the course. It has been 1.5 years and counting. My coins are probably the oldest staking (I'M VERY PROUD OF THAT FACT) by the way. I started as a miner, then had to buy just like many of you. Most of my coins I had to buy from miners in the exchanges. I say this because I want people to know that I also share the same financial risks as many of our holders. Im very proud of the fact that we never took a penny in ICO (initial coin offering, crowdfunding, premine etc) funding. I believe that many ICO are just completely mismanaged and detract the essence of what a true organic blockchain project is all about. For me, I can only lead by example and that's what I'm here to do. I can only measure our success in what we have accomplished and in what we have set our minds to do, to reach our ultimate goals. Volume, Coin Value is very important to most, but to me, it is the state of our blockchain that's most important and what drives me everyday.

I hope that everyone is practicing safe trading. Never ever buy IOC unless you can afford to lose value, or deal with the wild swings of crypto currency. There is many who only wake up to manipulate and take advantage of situations. This doesn't only happen in crypto, but in all markets.
One of the things I think about allot is how to stay on top of security at all times. Many of these blockchain projects are proof of concept, so we always have to stay vigilant to ensure proper security of our coins and the blockchain. I Always think security of our coins. Make sure to keep multiple backups of your .dat. Make sure the file size is the correct one. Make sure you use 2 locations where you can safely store your .dat. Don't leave coins unattended in exchanges, we have seen in the past how coins get stolen from them no matter how secure they are. We have also seen exchanges from Mt.Gox to Mintpal go down in flames and people loose coins and money. So please secure your coins. You can stake some and you can cold storage others if you are here for the long haul. For me, I maintain high security of my computers and change passwords and passphrases often to ensure better security, also do usb backups, but DON'T LOSE YOUR PASSWORDs....If you don't move coins around you could extract the private keys from the address and store it safely. This would allow you to retrieve your coins incase you lose your .dat and it can be easily done via QT.

So count on me to be here no matter what and hope that I'm blessed with health to continue on our journey. Hope that I can be of help to others and can see us maintain a sense of balance and fairness to all.

Thanks to Everyone

Joel

I/O Digital
Project Manager

Splatters
Legendary

Activity: 1232

★YoBit.Net★ 1400+ Coins Exchange

View Profile
January 14, 2016, 06:01:44 PM

Thanks for the message, it give me more trust to IOC, I've sold some in profit and now I've set a buy lower to take more coin.
This coin is moving in the right direction, and it's giving me satisfaction

I know why your pray will never be answered!
adhitthana
Legendary

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:03:03 AM

Hi all. Smiley I downloaded the windows wallet and have been trying to sync. It is syncing but seems to be going quite slowly. It could easily be a problem my end but just thought I'd check to see if there could be another reason?
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:10:02 AM

Hi all. Smiley I downloaded the windows wallet and have been trying to sync. It is syncing but seems to be going quite slowly. It could easily be a problem my end but just thought I'd check to see if there could be another reason?

Hi,

Synching can take up to 24 hours when starting a new wallet. So yes that will take some time.
On the next release we take care of that with embedding a bootstrap enabling to sync within an hour or so.

Regards

Richard
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 08:39:17 AM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 08:50:34 AM by MrWhiteBites

Hi,

Synching can take up to 24 hours when starting a new wallet. So yes that will take some time.
On the next release we take care of that with embedding a bootstrap enabling to sync within an hour or so.

Regards

Richard

As my previous post, when i downloaded a new QT wallet to windows, with a fast internet connection, it took approx 20hrs to fully synch, its a large blockchain so does take time, perfectly normal.

IMPORTANT: WALLETS FACTS / RULES

1 - Never send coins to a wallet until it is fully loaded (in synch)
(as the coins won't show up until the blockchain is loaded)

2- As soon as everything is up to date. ENCRYPT WALLET !
(use a strong password EG: 15+charecters, with upper case, lower case, number's and symbols)

3- Then back up wallet to several, new or freshly formatted USB's.

All will be well.  Just a note about creating extra wallet addresses.  The QT wallet can handle around 30 addresses, but when you have more, it can cause slight problems with loading, so try and keep the wallet to under 30 addresses.

Also
  Turning off your computer and forgetting to end wallet, can result in the wallet crashing the next time you try and load.
ALWAYS make sure to EXIT wallet, by click the X (top right) and wait a good 10 seconds before shutting down computer!

Should you have a wallet that "Freezes" on start up (because of not shutting it down correctly) you will need to remove your wallet.dat
Right click, Cut and Paste.  (do this carefully) Save the wallet.dat to desktop.
Then restart computer
wait until computer is fully started/settled.
Right click on wallet QT Icon and "Run as Administrator"
It will load normally. But with a new wallet.dat (with a zero balance)
Simply open iocoin folder, delete new wallet.dat and copy and paste in original wallet.dat
restart wallet and all will be fine.

IF ANYONE here has any questions about the wallet, please PM me, more than happy to help.

If you don't know who I am, then maybe your best course would be to tread lightly
SpringfieldM1A

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 10:11:32 AM

FYI on Bittrex alone someone market bought 2+ BTC worth of IOC at over 5000 satoshi per coin.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:25:36 PM

Hi guys,

You all probably know this already, but if you have any coins on Cryptsy, please try to get them out of it.
I don't know if the withdrawals of all coins are halted, but they lost over 13,000 BTC the last 18 months.
Please check my tweet for a link to the blog: https://twitter.com/blockchainbros/status/687970856149106688

I hope your coins are safe.

Cheers
Richard
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:28:57 PM

Hi guys,

You all probably know this already, but if you have any coins on Cryptsy, please try to get them out of it.
I don't know if the withdrawals of all coins are halted, but they lost over 13,000 BTC the last 18 months.
Please check my tweet for a link to the blog: https://twitter.com/blockchainbros/status/687970856149106688

Cheers
Richard

IOC withdrawal working there? I dont think so! If anybody tried it pls report it here, my friend got 5 bitcoin or over stuck there so if ioc withdrawal is still working in cryptsy then i can suggest my friend to buy ioc and withdraw his money.
cryptocoinnl

Blockchain!!!

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:35:01 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers
Richard

IOC withdrawal working there? I dont think so! If anybody tried it pls report it here, my friend got 5 bitcoin or over stuck there so if ioc withdrawal is still working in cryptsy then i can suggest my friend to buy ioc and withdraw his money.

Good suggestion. First try to buy a small amount and then send the bought IOC to another wallet to test it.
I don't have a Cryptsy account to test it.
kcanup
Legendary

Activity: 1484

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 12:37:30 PM

Hi guys,

Cheers
Richard

Good suggestion. First try to buy a small amount and then send the bought IOC to another wallet to test it.
I don't have a Cryptsy account to test it.
sure, gonna check it myself first  Smiley
MrWhiteBites

Im the One who Knocks.

View Profile
January 15, 2016, 02:33:15 PM
Last edit: January 15, 2016, 09:26:01 PM by MrWhiteBites

Poloniex is being a little strange today also, withdrawals are delayed and often being asked to submit a support ticket!

Going to remove ALL my coins from exchanges!  I highly recommend other people to do the same, don't come crying here when you cant withdraw!

PS: TWEET and LIKE on Facebook! I/O Digital Benzinga tech nomination for I/O Digital!

BZ AWARDS 2016

The BZ Awards is a competition to showcase the companies with the most impressive technology,
who are paving the future in financial services and capital markets!

http://benzingafintechawards.com/vote/io-digital/

Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: