Bitcoin Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:12:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 245 »
  Print  
Author Topic: I/O Coin (IOC) DiONS VM | Messaging | Data Storage | Chameleon | DeFi  (Read 718965 times)
louiseth1
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

Bitfarms.io

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:22:38 PM

Im talking with Dedicatedpool , those guys know there shit !

Hashharder knows their stuff even more in my opinion, their whole pool has been coded by themselves.

And afaik, hashrate reporting close to what it is.

Bitfarms.io - Powering Blockchains with Sustainable Energy

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
HardwarePal

Activity: 565
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:29:14 PM

Im talking with Dedicatedpool , those guys know there shit !

Hashharder knows their stuff even more in my opinion, their whole pool has been coded by themselves.

And afaik, hashrate reporting close to what it is.

Its the only pool that has been stable throughout , damn me and my ideas of switching Sad
r0b1nuk

Activity: 153
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:48:27 PM

hashharder.com now showing full hash rate and working like a dream! well done guys if your reading this

Bitrated user: r0b1nuk.
minerpools

Activity: 574

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 03:53:32 PM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 04:05:26 PM by minerpools

Good morning,

I wanted to inform you that I've setup a new server and it's already running and mining (it's only my rig there but hey), all your accounts were migrated which means all you have to do is change the stratum IP address, workers are added automatically.
New server: http://iocoin.minerpools.com
Stratum for IoCoin: stratum+tcp://192.155.89.136:4116  -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Old server is located at http://io.minerpools.com, you won't be able to mine or withdraw funds there anymore but I urge you to enter your wallet address in order for me to send your funds directly.

Dev, please update the OP with the new pool, tx

HardwarePal

Activity: 565

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:14:03 PM

Hit a block Smiley ^
UGETHIT

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:22:16 PM

Not exactly getting a warm welcome on cryptsy is it.
goblynn

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:46:15 PM

yay pools working again!

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
czvezda

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:51:51 PM

I lost 50K from pool.mn Angry

Only hashharder is ok I think
There was a fork in the network. Ask the dev why has this happened. Pools didn't cause this fork.
surestrike

Activity: 168

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 05:15:41 PM

Good morning,

I wanted to inform you that I've setup a new server and it's already running and mining (it's only my rig there but hey), all your accounts were migrated which means all you have to do is change the stratum IP address, workers are added automatically.
Stratum for IoCoin: stratum+tcp://192.155.89.136:4116  -u Weblogin.WorkerName -p WorkerPassword

Old server is located at http://io.minerpools.com, you won't be able to mine or withdraw funds there anymore but I urge you to enter your wallet address in order for me to send your funds directly.

Having very good results now from this updated pool, thank you for the update. Hope all goes as well as it is now here.
IO Dev Team (OP)

Activity: 270
Merit: 150

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 06:04:03 PM

Hey guys, turbulent night, but let me explain exactly what happened. We had uploaded the updated clients, which actually prevent the coin from forking, but not everyone upgraded, or if people upgraded, they didn’t wipe out their previous block chain, and kept hashing on the old chain.

It seems, that a pool, although upgraded their wallet, they did not remove and refresh their block chain information, and were therefore hashing on the wrong chain. This caused a lot of problems for us, because the pool started re-broadcasting the wrong block chain to people, and this caused a chain effect of bad blockhains being broadcast. This caused a domino effect, as new people who were downloading the client, were saturated with bad block chain information, and then re-distributing it.

Now, in regards to the Hashharder stuff, and the reason we “picked” their chain. First of all, no chain was “picked” as there was no wallet update— we don’t magically get to decide which chain is the official one. The chain that Hashharder was using, was also the same chain that our Seeders were seeding, and all of our machines were using, as well as what was hardcoded in to the client, not to mention the chain was about 6-700 blocks ahead of the other one, and as you know, the longest chain always wins.

We are working today to bring more seed nodes online, and increasing the capacity of our current seed servers as well as seeing what we can do to improve the stability of the coin via wallet updates.

Lead Dev I/O Coin

Remember to follow us on twitter: https://twitter.com/IOCoin_IOC
and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/iocoindigitalcurrency

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
mkjohnson

Activity: 54
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:31:33 PM

Hey guys, turbulent night, but let me explain exactly what happened. We had uploaded the updated clients, which actually prevent the coin from forking, but not everyone upgraded, or if people upgraded, they didn’t wipe out their previous block chain, and kept hashing on the old chain.

It seems, that a pool, although upgraded their wallet, they did not remove and refresh their block chain information, and were therefore hashing on the wrong chain. This caused a lot of problems for us, because the pool started re-broadcasting the wrong block chain to people, and this caused a chain effect of bad blockhains being broadcast. This caused a domino effect, as new people who were downloading the client, were saturated with bad block chain information, and then re-distributing it.

Now, in regards to the Hashharder stuff, and the reason we “picked” their chain. First of all, no chain was “picked” as there was no wallet update— we don’t magically get to decide which chain is the official one. The chain that Hashharder was using, was also the same chain that our Seeders were seeding, and all of our machines were using, as well as what was hardcoded in to the client, not to mention the chain was about 6-700 blocks ahead of the other one, and as you know, the longest chain always wins.

We are working today to bring more seed nodes online, and increasing the capacity of our current seed servers as well as seeing what we can do to improve the stability of the coin via wallet updates.

Lead Dev I/O Coin

That actually makes sense. Thank you for the explanation.
FamousRocky

Activity: 224

RTFM ;D

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 07:56:32 PM

with the actual moneysupply "6.2M" it seems that we will only reach a estimated total coins after PoW of "10.5M"
... could that be right?
IO Dev Team (OP)

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 08:15:30 PM

with the actual moneysupply "6.2M" it seems that we will only reach a estimated total coins after PoW of "10.5M"
... could that be right?
Total POW blocks will be 12815 - POS Blocks are irrelevant to this number.
The total "blocks" : 9484, showing in the wallet are  a mix of POW and POS blocks as the coin is a Hybrid.

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
FamousRocky

Activity: 224

RTFM ;D

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:21:43 PM

The total "blocks" : 9484, showing in the wallet are  a mix of POW and POS blocks as the coin is a Hybrid.

ok thx....

maybe you should change the Subject to something like "....[I/O Coin] .... LIVE ON CRYPTSY"  Wink
goblynn

Activity: 292

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:29:05 PM

... could that be right?

so we are only about 2/5 through POW...which means its likely POW will continue until about saturday? thats good though..gives more people a chance to mine

Radium.Bringing Advanced Utility to the Blockchain with the Radium SmartChain!
Website | BTCT Thread | Slack
a447513372

Activity: 336

DLISK - Next Generation Coin

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 08:52:07 PM

now in cryptsy  LOL  Shocked

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄
       ▄▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄▄
     ▄████▀ ▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄ ▀▀████▄
   ▄███▀ ▄▄▀▀      ████  ▀▀▄▄ ▀▀███▄
  ████ ▄███████████████      ▀█  ████
 ███▀ ▄██████████████████      █  ▀███
▄███            ████ ████      ▀█ ███▄
███ ▄█           ████  ████      █▄ ███
███            ████   ████       █ ███
███ ▀█          ████  ████       █▀ ███
▀▀▀▀           █████████       ▄█ ███▀
 ██████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀ ▄███
  ██████████████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄  ▀▄▄       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀████▀
     ▀████▄ ▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀ ▄████▀
       ▀▀██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
           ▀▀▀▀█████████▀▀▀▀

████                ▄████
    ████████████████                ████   ▄▄███████████████          ▄█████▀
   ██████████████████               ██▀▀ ██████████████████        ▄█████▀
             ▀████████             ███ ████▀                    ▄█████▀
             ▄█████████            ██▀ ███▀                  ▄█████▀
             ████ ▀████           ███ ████▄               ▄█████▀
             ████  ████           ███▄ ██████████████▀ ▄█████▀
            ████  ▄████           ████  ▀████████████▄ ▀█████▄
            ████ ▄████           ████               ▀██▄  █████▄
            ████████▀            ████               ▄████   █████▄
           ███████▀            ███▀              ▄█████▀     █████▄
 ██████████████████████████████ ███ ▄█████████████████▀         █████▄
█████████████▀▀▀██████████████ ▄██ ▄████████████████▀             █████▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:00:14 PM

... could that be right?

It doesn't look like you're right. According to https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/c455c69964849a03189deb50de79b7c099c4efae/src/main.h

The last block that will be POW mined is 12815, no matter what origin the prior blocks are.

It looks like the coin will have just about 8M total supply at the end of PoW. It's possible I'm wrong, but I looked over the source when you launched. Looks neat! Essentially a BC POS 2.0/VRC hybrid but with an interest rate that will never go above 2.8%-- probably closer to 2.3%.

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
IO Dev Team (OP)

iOC Development Team

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 09:28:24 PM

... could that be right?

It doesn't look like you're right. According to https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/c455c69964849a03189deb50de79b7c099c4efae/src/main.h

The last block that will be POW mined is 12815, no matter what origin the prior blocks are.

It looks like the coin will have just about 8M total supply at the end of PoW. It's possible I'm wrong, but I looked over the source when you launched. Looks neat! Essentially a BC POS 2.0/VRC hybrid but with an interest rate that will never go above 2.8%-- probably closer to 2.3%.

https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2262,L2270
It’s based on the POW height only, not POS block height

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
I/O DIGITAL
iodigital.io & iocoin.io

█████████████████
███████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
█████▌██████████████▐███
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████▌████████▐████
███████████████████
█████████████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Hero Leg V1
pnosker

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 09:43:27 PM

... could that be right?

https://github.com/IOCoin/iocoin/blob/master/src/main.cpp#L2262,L2270
It’s based on the POW height only, not POS block height

Ah, interesting. Thanks for the pointer in the code. I guess you're using the SuperCoin PoW block counting technique? (You forgot to change the comments in the code)

Support the VeriFund Endowment.
VRC: VFEndownxxnHea9mv59kZx8c7TysGbndYx
Chiggins

Activity: 192

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 11:10:42 PM

Good morning,

Thanks for the update.

A R B I T A O         THE NEW WAY OF ARBITRAGE TRADING     
█          [   PRE-SALE starts on   J u l y   1 s t   ]        ❱ ❱ ❱   WHITEPAPER          █
──────────     FACEBOOK     TWITTER     TELEGRAM     ──────────
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 245 »
  Print  

Jump to: