Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 10:31:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: closed  (Read 126705 times)
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:22:31 PM

Read the whitepaper ... nice job there.

Coin-wise, what seem to be the leading contenders as far as new coin features/ideas go? I may be missing some, but at least here the following have been mentioned:

Anonymity
Reward Program
Wallet Enhancements
Mobile Wallets
Veri-bit like payment system

Some other ideas, like a QPC to Fiat processor have been mentioned, but I don't see how that would be very feasible. Any others that I have missed?
damashup

Activity: 259
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:03:16 PM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 09:12:59 AM by damashup

Coin-wise, what seem to be the leading contenders as far as new coin features/ideas go? I may be missing some, but at least here the following have been mentioned:

Anonymity
Reward Program
Wallet Enhancements
Mobile Wallets

Some other ideas, like a QPC to Fiat processor have been mentioned, but I don't see how that would be very feasible. Any others that I have missed?

I like this list. I think it's time for proponents to step forward and add these (and other ideas) to the subreddit, here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/GROUPCoin

In order to get the ball rolling, I'm willing to giveaway some of my own coins:

• 250 GPC to the first 5 posters of their plans/ proposals for Groupcoin on the new subreddit. Proper posts please, these will be vetted!
  • 750 GPC to the first post to receive 20 up votes on the subreddit.

EDIT: this offer closes 8am BST, 10/8/2014

This is better than free coins... this is free coins for putting forward your ideas, for your coin!

I will also be giving away coins based on comment on posts too... so stay tuned.

In years to come, people may look back on these giveaway posts and think I'm crazy... however the only way this coin will work is if we, the community invest. Be it time, money, ideas, expertise. We all need to invest and engage (it isn't enough to buy and hold and hope someone else makes the coin take off!). The time to invest and engage is now or leave crypto-currencies to the p&d merchants and scammers! Up to you guys...

#DecentralisedDonation
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:15:19 PM

I've never been much of a reddit person, in fact I forgot what my username/password on reddit even is (shows how much I use it).

Something I mentioned earlier, as far as discussing ideas and taking votes on new features, is a timeframe + cost. Anyone have rough estimates as to cost + time needed for the main features discussed so far?

I'd think wallet enhancements + mobile wallets would be the cheapest and quickest. Anonymity... probably would vary based on what sort of system is used. Payment processor stuff + merchant rewards + vendors ... probably quite some time. But can anyone break that down into estimated btc cost + real timeframes?
Francecrypto

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 05:15:35 PM

Anonymity
Reward Program
Wallet Enhancements
Mobile Wallets

I like this list. I think it's time for proponents to step forward and add these (and other ideas) to the subreddit, here:

• 250 GPC to the first 5 posters of their plans/ proposals for Groupcoin on the new subreddit. Proper posts please, these will be vetted!

This is better than free coins... this is free coins for putting forward your ideas, for your coin!

I will also be giving away coins based on comment on posts too... so stay tuned.

In years to come, people may look back on these giveaway posts and think I'm crazy... however the only way this coin will work is if we, the community invest. Be it time, money, ideas, expertise. We all need to invest and engage (it isn't enough to buy and hold and hope someone else makes the coin take off!). The time to invest and engage is now or leave crypto-currencies to the p&d merchants and scammers! Up to you guys...

#DecentralisedDonation

I completely agree, better to sacrifice a bit of your stack for it to be worth 10 time more, than waiting passively for it to happens. This is what this coin is about anyways Smiley

I'll probably do a giveaway later too once i find a good purpose for it.

damashup

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:41:39 PM

I've never been much of a reddit person, in fact I forgot what my username/password on reddit even is (shows how much I use it).

Something I mentioned earlier, as far as discussing ideas and taking votes on new features, is a timeframe + cost. Anyone have rough estimates as to cost + time needed for the main features discussed so far?

I'd think wallet enhancements + mobile wallets would be the cheapest and quickest. Anonymity... probably would vary based on what sort of system is used. Payment processor stuff + merchant rewards + vendors ... probably quite some time. But can anyone break that down into estimated btc cost + real timeframes?

Agree about reddit, I think I've only posted on there once before today... However I'm happy to go with it as simultaneously discussing 6 or 7 features on this thread could get chaotic. Also reddit allows up-voting etc., even if it's primarily used for that it would be good.

I think you're right, there are features that can be integrated straight away. We just need to agree as a community it's a good thing to do and take it from there. There are other things like Darksend anonymity that would need to be roadmapped. Again we could potentially have several 'anon' posts on the subreddit for the community to vote on.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 05:58:39 PM

Agree about reddit, I think I've only posted on there once before today... However I'm happy to go with it as simultaneously discussing 6 or 7 features on this thread could get chaotic. Also reddit allows up-voting etc., even if it's primarily used for that it would be good.

I think you're right, there are features that can be integrated straight away. We just need to agree as a community it's a good thing to do and take it from there. There are other things like Darksend anonymity that would need to be roadmapped. Again we could potentially have several 'anon' posts on the subreddit for the community to vote on.

Sometimes it's useful to know how price and timeframe looks before voting even takes place though. Example:
Wallet enhancements + mobile wallets .5 btc + 1-2 weeks
Decentralized marketplace, payment processor + rewards 8 btc + 2-3 months.

Without price and timeframe, people may naturally veer towards the fanciest features. And then when it comes to the pricetag  and timeframe, sticker-shock may kick in. Since the coin is new, I'd strongly lean towards quicker, cheaper, easily achievable projects -- perhaps with something a bit bigger, such as anonymity, going on in the background.

I mentioned using DarkSend earlier in this thread, but we really need a developer or someone with coding experience to go over anonymity options and say which are feasible here. We could all magically want to put in DarkSend with ring signatures + IP blocking + fancy whatever... but if it takes a year and a fortune, it's not exactly so doable.

damashup

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 06:23:54 PM

Sometimes it's useful to know how price and timeframe looks before voting even takes place though. Example:
Wallet enhancements + mobile wallets .5 btc + 1-2 weeks
Decentralized marketplace, payment processor + rewards 8 btc + 2-3 months.

Without price and timeframe, people may naturally veer towards the fanciest features. And then when it comes to the pricetag  and timeframe, sticker-shock may kick in. Since the coin is new, I'd strongly lean towards quicker, cheaper, easily achievable projects -- perhaps with something a bit bigger, such as anonymity, going on in the background.

I mentioned using DarkSend earlier in this thread, but we really need a developer or someone with coding experience to go over anonymity options and say which are feasible here. We could all magically want to put in DarkSend with ring signatures + IP blocking + fancy whatever... but if it takes a year and a fortune, it's not exactly so doable.

I think these are exactly the points that need to be discussed in the subreddit. The comments sections can be used to flush out issue/ flesh out points, if the initial post is light on or missing key details.

People can up-vote, down vote, remove vote on reddit as the discussion moves forward. I imagine we'd just need to give everyone notice on when voting/ discussion will end and a proposal taken forward.

So yes, some fancy feature may initially get substantial up-votes, however we need to trust the community to follow the debate, weigh up the merits of all arguments and revise their thinking/ voting accordingly. Probably easier to do in reddit than on here.    

damashup

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 07:46:58 PM

Techie question... does anyone know how I can get all the coins in my wallet to stake all the time?

Most of my coins are spendable for some reason... (my wallet obviously doesn't seem to understand that I'm holding.  Smiley )

Settings/Options/Main - set the reserve to 0
Works for me anyways Smiley

Just checked, the reserve is set to 0.

If coins are showing as spendable does that mean they are not staking? (Obvious question, but I have a whole heap of coins that are spendable at present).

That is correct

Thanks  - I'll try setting up a wallet on another computer.

Ok, shifted some funds from pc to my mac... now the vast majority of my mined coins are 'generated but not accepted.' Read this is orphaned blocks... if that's the case, some 90-95% of the blocks I'm receiving are orphaned, is this usual?
artmp3

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:20:16 PM

Anonymity
Reward Program
Wallet Enhancements
Mobile Wallets

#DecentralisedDonation

I completely agree, better to sacrifice a bit of your stack for it to be worth 10 time more, than waiting passively for it to happens. This is what this coin is about anyways Smiley

Ok, so here's my only heartache about this. As I stated before in my last post, I am not a techie. I know nothing about how this stuff works and most of the language is foreign. I will heavily rely on all of you that are in the know to develop "The People's Coin".
What I am getting at is, I can help in funding giveaways and such, basically supporting my belief in the coin. What I can't do due to my own ignorance is, make a (informed) decision on the actual workings of the coin.

I don't need to profit from giveaway prizes, hell, I wouldn't even take the coin if it was given to me. I would turn around and donate it back to Dev or back into another giveaway. But I feel kinda left out as if my ignorance makes me less dedicated to the cause and future of this potentially wonderful coin.

This was just food for thought about the WHOLE community and not just those who understand the tech. I don't have the answer on how to make giveaways and such more fair to the entire community, but just keep in mind that there are some die hard supporters that do as much if not more for the growth of the coin as do most computer enthusiasts.

Thanks for listening,
Art
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

Activity: 1522
Merit: 1000

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:44:32 PM

Someone just dumped 200k coins  Shocked

edit: was able to scoop up 25k for ~330 Cheesy

BTCitcointalk
.    ██████████████████████████████████
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
    ▄▄████▄▄    █▌                                         ███  ██  ██
  ██▀       ▀▀  █▌                                   ▀▀   ██▌███  ███ ██
▄█              █▌  ▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄   ▄   ▄▄▄█▄████████ ████   
█▌              ███▀.   ██    ██     ▀███   ███▀
   ████████████████      ▐█
█               ██       █   ██        ██   ██
     █████████▌██████       ▐█
█▌              █▌       █▌  █         ██   ██
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
 █▄             █▌       █▌
█████████████████████████████████▌     █       ██
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
████████▌██████████████████████████████████     ██▄   ▄███
     ▀████▀▀████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀██████               ██▄▀▀██    ▀▀▀  ██
   ███▀▀▄▄▄█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀                           ██████▄     ██
 ███▄▄██████████▀                                                 ▀█████▀▀
                                                                        ███

█████████████████████████████
Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone
━━━━━━━» $1 Is A Big Thing For Them

❤️
hashbrown9000

Activity: 427

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:51:35 PM

arrrrgh, bloodbath

Pinkcoin:
ETH:
VTC:
BTC:
thandie
Legendary

Activity: 2016
Merit: 1360

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 09:57:14 PM

lol congrats
bitsurfer2014

Activity: 924
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:05:12 PM

im willing to donate an initial 500 GPC for development fund...its one way of being actively involved in GPC.
poornamelessme

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:08:08 PM

There will always be some impatient people. To me it'd make more sense if people want to sell to wait until new coin developments start to take place.

Mobile wallets or wallet enhancements typically don't take that very long... should add value to the coin.

Or better yet, anonymity. I wonder if any coder types out there could comment on feasible anonymity features, assuming folks wanted to add that feature?

Centralized mixer should be easy, but isn't so great.
DarkSend ... could be interesting if doable, as 1K masternodes all paying staking rewards sound rather profitable.
What other methods are most other coins using for anonymity? I know of the cryptonote coins, but haven't kept track of other options.

damashup

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:19:15 PM

Anonymity
Reward Program
Wallet Enhancements
Mobile Wallets

#DecentralisedDonation

Ok, so here's my only heartache about this. As I stated before in my last post, I am not a techie. I know nothing about how this stuff works and most of the language is foreign. I will heavily rely on all of you that are in the know to develop "The People's Coin".
What I am getting at is, I can help in funding giveaways and such, basically supporting my belief in the coin. What I can't do due to my own ignorance is, make a (informed) decision on the actual workings of the coin.

I don't need to profit from giveaway prizes, hell, I wouldn't even take the coin if it was given to me. I would turn around and donate it back to Dev or back into another giveaway. But I feel kinda left out as if my ignorance makes me less dedicated to the cause and future of this potentially wonderful coin.

This was just food for thought about the WHOLE community and not just those who understand the tech. I don't have the answer on how to make giveaways and such more fair to the entire community, but just keep in mind that there are some die hard supporters that do as much if not more for the growth of the coin as do most computer enthusiasts.

Thanks for listening,
Art

Please don't let conversations about tech stuff put you off or make you feel left out. I wouldn't consider myself techie, however I understand that tech talk will come with the territory. Would be great to hear any ideas you have for the growth of the coin... that what this is about.  Smiley
jeffersonairplane
Legendary

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:22:00 PM

Augh... market manipulation.

The market manipulation is real right now. Somebody just dumped on all buy orders down to 150 sats on bittrex. I don';t understand why anyone would even do that at this point.

BTCitcointalk
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
   ████████████████      ▐█
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
                                                                        ███

Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone

❤️
Kikyca

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:23:21 PM

I think it is time for the comunity to pump price little bit up because this is really funny... until development take part... because dumpsers are destroyng market

dimonbiz

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:24:02 PM

GPC 153 sat. Why Huh
Kikyca

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:25:35 PM

someone is dumpring the price... we eed to pump it up a little bit

jeffersonairplane
Legendary

www.bitkong.com

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 10:29:33 PM

Whoever is smart would be buying coins right now.

Think about it, 10mil total supply. Community driven dev. Once the features start rolling out the coin will only go up. Anything under 500 sats is a bargain imo.

BTCitcointalk
                                                                 ██
                                                               ███   ██
                                                      ██      ███  ███
                                                     ███     ██  ███  ██
   ████████████████      ▐█
      ██████████▀   █       ▐█
  ▀██▄     ▄██  ██
                                                                        ███

Program

❤️
Give Hope To Everyone

❤️
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: