Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 01:02:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ETH] Ethereum = Scam  (Read 60138 times)
DannyElfman

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 06:18:31 PM

Since when they have been working on Ethereum for a decade?

no one said that.  he was comparing ethereum to other languages.

yeah because a decade for vitalik would be a 10 year old boy working on a multimillion USD project Wink

This spot for rent.
V500

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 09:29:23 PM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 09:41:10 PM by V500

i'll have to learn how to mine this to dump on the market. Miners will make a lot of cash with ether. But they are about the only ones who earn a buck in this. There is a dozen altcoins out there that have a more solid structure to invest in. This has a high risk of crash and burn within the first year after release.
I don't see whales pumping it with no additional mega-hype (needs to be created) because if they would it would even crash harder in the end of the day.

If that megahype can be created it will crash after that. The epic crash is to be expected in any scenario i can think of. Would they have started it like bitcoin was started from close to zero value it would have been another story and investors could have had some profits. I'd predict hot-potatoe-trading and high volatility with siginificant risk to the downside.

On the other hand ethereum will be a good prototype for clones with better distribution. The clones that start from the ground up is where the profit is for the investors.

lowest inflation in town: Unobtanium
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=527500.0
Learn from history: Unfair money always fails
Crestington
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 10:16:06 PM

i'll have to learn how to mine this to dump on the market. Miners will make a lot of cash with ether. But they are about the only ones who earn a buck in this. There is a dozen altcoins out there that have a more solid structure to invest in. This has a high risk of crash and burn within the first year after release.
I don't see whales pumping it with no additional mega-hype (needs to be created) because if they would it would even crash harder in the end of the day.

If that megahype can be created it will crash after that. The epic crash is to be expected in any scenario i can think of. Would they have started it like bitcoin was started from close to zero value it would have been another story and investors could have had some profits. I'd predict hot-potatoe-trading and high volatility with siginificant risk to the downside.

On the other hand ethereum will be a good prototype for clones with better distribution. The clones that start from the ground up is where the profit is for the investors.

I agree completely
DannyElfman

Activity: 406

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 12:48:15 AM

Are there any specs at all regarding the mining of ethereum?

This spot for rent.
jonald_fyookball
Legendary

Activity: 1302
Merit: 1004

Core dev leaves me neg feedback #abuse #political

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:10:24 AM

I recently read the github blogging page by Vitalik
regarding cryptocurrencies in general.

I actually have to say I'm impressed with the
guy's intellect.  That doesn't really change
my unfavorable impression of ethereum though,
but I want to give credit where credit is due.

Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:28:41 AM

So spoetnik, im seeing you have created several topics with the common subject of stating something is bad or scam, like the dogecoin and this one, man, seriously, if you did lose money trading or joining ipos thats nothing we can do about it! posting this topics will not help, if you think what you say its fine, put it on practice, but dont think thats the truth.
I have seen many people taking huge profit from ipos, even when they are later found to be scams, same with alt currencies, its just a game of knowing when to enter and when to be out... if you dont like to lose so all this is not for you, money scared doesnt make money.

ya smart ass wanna know how many i have in history ?
probably 3 or 4 topics and the Doge one was made February and it's August so STFU.
your agenda here failed LOL

FUD first & ask questions later™
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 04:29:50 AM

So spoetnik, im seeing you have created several topics with the common subject of stating something is bad or scam, like the dogecoin and this one, man, seriously, if you did lose money trading or joining ipos thats nothing we can do about it! posting this topics will not help, if you think what you say its fine, put it on practice, but dont think thats the truth.
I have seen many people taking huge profit from ipos, even when they are later found to be scams, same with alt currencies, its just a game of knowing when to enter and when to be out... if you dont like to lose so all this is not for you, money scared doesnt make money.

It is actually purely selfish agenda and he is invested in those coins and doesn't want anyone else to water down his investment.
/s

your a fucking idiot.
/s

FUD first & ask questions later™
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:56:07 AM

So if it will be mined, then what is up with the IPO???

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
spacelab

Activity: 528

Nominex support

View Profile WWW
August 13, 2014, 02:53:18 AM

I trust Ethereum.  You should trust Ethereum.  Don't buy Ethanol, buy Ether.  Ethereum.

The next big thing.  Fcuk Peercoin, Fcuk Bitshares, Fcuk Nxt, Fcuk Nem, Fcuk Bitcoin .  To the moon Vitalik Buterin.  Love you, make them rich.

this guy looks like a rat...
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 07:47:34 AM

NXT is one of the few Cryptocurrencies i trust.
And after seeing the IPO for Ethereum, it reaks of a scam, i was initially interested, but it sure seems dodgy as hell.
I mean, how many BTC is this guy going to walk away with?
The BTC collected for the NXT IPO was a fraction of this, there doesnt appear to be any limit on the amount of genesis coins released, its all decided by how many people are buying in to the IPO.

juicyjuice87

Activity: 490

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:06:53 AM

And after seeing the IPO for Ethereum, it reaks of a scam, i was initially interested, but it sure seems dodgy as hell.
The BTC collected for the NXT IPO was a fraction of this, there doesnt appear to be any limit on the amount of genesis coins released, its all decided by how many people are buying in to the IPO.

Yes thank god for the ipo tactics of Nxt. The whales are one of the main reasons behind all this great new innovation we are seeing and at the same time their keeping the price cheap. God bless NXT
nzminer
Legendary

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 11:17:15 AM

Yes thank god for the ipo tactics of Nxt. The whales are one of the main reasons behind all this great new innovation we are seeing and at the same time their keeping the price cheap. God bless NXT

Im happy NXT is so cheap, the longer it stays so cheap, the more people can get their hands on some Smiley

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:06:52 PM

NxT is cheaper than Ethereum's buy in.   We all know what happened to Mastercoin (the original Suckerberg coin), Ethereum Suckerberg 2.0 is going to produce even louder whines when it flops.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:48:10 PM

BTC DOWN TO $540?

Looks like vitalik is dumping Cheesy

I mean, come on people, don't you see the resemblance?

Pirateat40/Vitalikat20

TaunSew

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:50:15 PM

BTC DOWN TO $540?

Pirateat40/Vitalikat20

Hmmm... this is a possibility which didn't occur to most of us but could be legitimate.  What was the address of Ethereum's Bitcoin wallet?

Even if it's untouched, we both know that Ethereum is not going to sit on $20 million in some BTC wallet - they have some physical office, employees to pay, the angel investors have to be paid, et cetera.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 12:53:51 PM

BTC DOWN TO $540?

Pirateat40/Vitalikat20

Hmmm... this is a possibility which didn't occur to most of us but could be legitimate.  What was the address of Ethereum's Bitcoin wallet?

Even if it's untouched, we both know that Ethereum is not going to sit on $20 million in some BTC wallet - they have some physical office, employees to pay, the angel investors have to be paid, et cetera.

Sure! They have islands and lambo's to pay for. Silly me, i overlooked that Roll Eyes

giveBTCpls

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 13, 2014, 01:58:15 PM

I wonder if the price change has something to do with Ethereum cashout shennanigans being involved into this. This is the biggest IPO in crypto history, pretty scary if you ask me.

gitbknowsall

Activity: 336

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:21:06 AM

I wonder if the price change has something to do with Ethereum cashout shennanigans being involved into this. This is the biggest IPO in crypto history, pretty scary if you ask me.

I dont get it.. they have nothing done and people are willing to give up their money lol. at least Bitcoin Dark is 90% complete with teleport.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-made-anonymous-bitcoindark-unprecedented-033200415.html
TaunSew

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 06:35:38 AM

I dont get it.. they have nothing done and people are willing to give up their money lol. at least Bitcoin Dark is 90% complete with teleport.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/bitcoin-made-anonymous-bitcoindark-unprecedented-033200415.html

It isn't that much bigger than Maidsafe which gathered like $8 - $12 million or something..  What was maidsafe?  What was it?  Let me again repeat it:  What was it?  Maidsafe had almost no presence in social media / media, almost no presence on here and yet people threw millions at it.  Not bad for some random company in Scotland with only like 3-5 employees, they got a bigger payday than even Vitalik could dream about (who has to share his money with Goldman Sachs, the angel investors and other dead weight).

cryptnutter

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 11:09:58 AM

I wouldn't call Etherium a scam but it is certainly a poor investment at this point. If you want to get into Etherium, just wait until it launches and people are mining it - I guaranteed the price will go below the IPO price eventually (just like Maidsafe did).

Also, another huge red flag is the way the Etherium people worded their IPO. I'm not sure if everyone realizes that they don't have to deliver anything at all. At this point, they could take the funds, stop working on the project and retire and there isn't a single thing anyone can do about it!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: