Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 04:28:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 [83] 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI  (Read 271831 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
georgeandy

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 01:42:43 PM

delay again?
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ostalakar

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 04:44:11 PM

delay again?

Keep cool, take a drink  Grin
S3MKi
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1016

View Profile
October 01, 2014, 11:57:01 PM

wait friday
tobeaj2mer01
Legendary

Activity: 1098
Merit: 1000

Angel investor.

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 02:53:14 AM

delay again?

Keep cool, take a drink  Grin

I trust DEV too, new tech need time to mature.

Sirx: SQyHJdSRPk5WyvQ5rJpwDUHrLVSvK2ffFa
studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 09:52:44 AM

Quick update for you guys.

Had a dev meeting with bitsta this morning to chat about progress. Things are going good and he is coding as hard as possible. We are well aware that delays and lack of comms are not good for the project but more important than that is a stable release, when peoples coins are at stake there really can be no issues or bugs and the privacy layer has to be rock solid and impenetrable, the whole point of bitkey is that it isn't just another 'mixercoin' like all the anon solutions that are now two a penny. I'm sure everyone can appreciate the importance of that in todays world where privacy is a commodity in scarce supply.

In the next 24 hours I will be able to give you a more detailed update of the current situation as we work on proper information flow

Genuinely I know its frustrating, I am a large holder too and want the same as the rest of you, a great coin with a high market cap. I just ask you to be patient, I am working on the communication issues, we are putting together documentation and working on features.

Your patience will be rewarded in the end.

BINTEX

Powered by,
LosingCoins

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 02, 2014, 04:46:45 PM

Quick update for you guys.

Had a dev meeting with bitsta this morning to chat about progress. Things are going good and he is coding as hard as possible. We are well aware that delays and lack of comms are not good for the project but more important than that is a stable release, when peoples coins are at stake there really can be no issues or bugs and the privacy layer has to be rock solid and impenetrable, the whole point of bitkey is that it isn't just another 'mixercoin' like all the anon solutions that are now two a penny. I'm sure everyone can appreciate the importance of that in todays world where privacy is a commodity in scarce supply.

In the next 24 hours I will be able to give you a more detailed update of the current situation as we work on proper information flow

Genuinely I know its frustrating, I am a large holder too and want the same as the rest of you, a great coin with a high market cap. I just ask you to be patient, I am working on the communication issues, we are putting together documentation and working on features.

Your patience will be rewarded in the end.

Thanks for the update. I'm sure most of us appreciate it.

Keep working hard Bitsta.

LC
Monkeys

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 09:48:56 PM

I completely understand that coding takes longer than predicted, almost always. I know a few coders of different sorts and they are always, without fail, missing deadlines!

I don't exactly understand what it is, definitely procrastination seems to play a big part, but also obviously there are always ubnforseen hurdles and bugs in the code which can take a long time to figure out.

It's cool though, I really hope we get a taste of what is to come soon!

Also, I've talked about this here before, and I think it is time to discuss it again. What about some sort of competition or incentive for people to buy and hold coins?

I've suggested some sort of community managed bounty for anyone who refers a new member (someone who hasn't posted in this thread at all, but not a newbie account) and convinces them to download the wallet and buy at least 1000 Root and stake for at least 1 month. Then they can receive a bounty from the community, something in the order of 50 Root each or so (50 for the referrer and for for the referree).

I know it might sound a bit tacky or whatever, but I honestly think it is worth a try. I will offer up 500 Root from my own holdings to contribute to the rewards / bounties. If we can get another 5 - 10 people to offer up some coins for bounties then we could theoretically get another 30 - 40 even more new people involved in Root and holding coins. This would ensure security of the network, increase the price somewhat, and also keep trade volumes up! Look at the volume now, less than 1 BTC in 24 hrs on Bittrex...

Whats the worse that could happen? Either nobody takes part, and the coins don't get handed out, or people do take part and then most of them dump their coins after 1 month and take their small reward, also really not that bad of an outcome. I am confident that if enough people get involved and hold for 1 month, that within that time the release of Bitkey and the imminent development of Rootex will be enough to hold their interest and they will continue to buy and hold more Root!

What do you think Studio?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

http://www.midaspool.com/ref/318

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2014, 10:39:29 PM

I'd also like to draw up a few simple rules for the referral program:

1. No newbie accounts.

Both the referrer and referee must have accounts at least a month old, and the referee must not be an existing root holder (May not have made any posts in this thread).

2. The coins must be bought from an exchange.

This should be fairly easy to verify via the txid and wallet addresses, as it is mainly just bittrex where Root is being traded currently.

3. The coins must be held either in cold storage or staked for at least one month from the initial transaction.

This can again be verified in the blockchain that the referee has not sold the coins again and then re-bought at a later stage to claim the reward.

4. People may only be referred once, and there shall be a limit of 'x' referees per person (maybe 5, 10?).

This is to minimize the possibility of any exploitation of the program.

I would also appoint myself, Studio1one and another member of the Root community to verify and detect any exploitation of the program.

So, what do we think?

MIDAS COIN: Gold backed crypto! Sign up via my referral link below and you get an extra 1.5% reward! PM me for info =)

Sign up via my referral link above and you receive an extra 1.5% reward for your hash! PM me for details
Vampiro4L

Activity: 164
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 01:06:46 AM

i like it, gets the community involved and hopefully new people to realize the benefits of the coin and technology.
Monkeys

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2014, 01:17:41 AM

i like it, gets the community involved and hopefully new people to realize the benefits of the coin and technology.
Thanks Vampiro!

Glad to hear that the idea has at least one other supporter =P

Would you be willing to donate at Rootcoin to the cause? That's ok if not, but every little bit helps.

I think it goes without saying that the coins should be held in a community monitored 'escrowed' wallet.

studio1one

Activity: 1218

BintexFutures

View Profile
October 03, 2014, 07:12:28 AM

I completely understand that coding takes longer than predicted, almost always. I know a few coders of different sorts and they are always, without fail, missing deadlines!

I don't exactly understand what it is, definitely procrastination seems to play a big part, but also obviously there are always ubnforseen hurdles and bugs in the code which can take a long time to figure out.

It's cool though, I really hope we get a taste of what is to come soon!

Also, I've talked about this here before, and I think it is time to discuss it again. What about some sort of competition or incentive for people to buy and hold coins?

I've suggested some sort of community managed bounty for anyone who refers a new member (someone who hasn't posted in this thread at all, but not a newbie account) and convinces them to download the wallet and buy at least 1000 Root and stake for at least 1 month. Then they can receive a bounty from the community, something in the order of 50 Root each or so (50 for the referrer and for for the referree).

I know it might sound a bit tacky or whatever, but I honestly think it is worth a try. I will offer up 500 Root from my own holdings to contribute to the rewards / bounties. If we can get another 5 - 10 people to offer up some coins for bounties then we could theoretically get another 30 - 40 even more new people involved in Root and holding coins. This would ensure security of the network, increase the price somewhat, and also keep trade volumes up! Look at the volume now, less than 1 BTC in 24 hrs on Bittrex...

Whats the worse that could happen? Either nobody takes part, and the coins don't get handed out, or people do take part and then most of them dump their coins after 1 month and take their small reward, also really not that bad of an outcome. I am confident that if enough people get involved and hold for 1 month, that within that time the release of Bitkey and the imminent development of Rootex will be enough to hold their interest and they will continue to buy and hold more Root!

What do you think Studio?

man, thanks for taking the time to get involved. I think some kind of incentive / referral is a great idea, could possibly be managed through the official twitter. We need to look at the practicalities of making sure that its not abused but in theory I think its awesome. My only concern is abuse of it really, you know how this place can be.

to avoid abuse we could maybe do a giveaway something along the lines of if x % of the network is staking and you hold xxx amount of coins or more and follow the official twitter then you get put in a prize drawer.

dunno just throwing it out there but I agree, we need some promotions.

This encoourages people to hold and to stake and also people to buy hold and stake

BINTEX