Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 06:53:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 121 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] RootCoin [ROOT] - rootEX™ announced - ANON-tx using BitKey™- PoW/PoS/PoI  (Read 271831 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Vertaisvaluutta

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:25:18 PM

bitsta, I've been mining on the official pool for over 13 hrs with 40MH and have received no coins, there is definitely something wrong.  Am I wasting my hash?

From root.minerpools.com:

The daemon keeps rejecting blocks, the dev hasn't replied one single PM. Only his official pool which was up before anyone else because he never posted a launch time has been finding blocks since launch. I'll shut down stratum on rootcoin, you can mine it at the official pool. No need to waste people's hashes, the code seems to have some sort of foundation address in it, and I think it's embarassing that after an ICO, the dev's still asking for foundation.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
bitsta (OP)

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:38:18 PM

bitsta, I've been mining on the official pool for over 13 hrs with 40MH and have received no coins, there is definitely something wrong.  Am I wasting my hash?

yeah. you re wasting you re hash there cause that pool is not finding any blocks with that lil hashpower.
join the official pool or suprnova-pool. they are finding a lot of pools too.

EDIT: sorry. thought you re talking about minerpools.
the official pool is doing fine and payouts are working. i am also
mining there. Post your ROOT-ADDR which you used for mining and
i ll look it up manually.
Vertaisvaluutta

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:39:48 PM

bitsta, I've been mining on the official pool for over 13 hrs with 40MH and have received no coins, there is definitely something wrong.  Am I wasting my hash?

yeah. you re wasting you re hash there cause that pool is not finding any blocks with that lil hashpower.

Minerpools has had hashrate of over a GH and still not a single block found during the whole time.

Now the rate is down to ~300 MH since people have given up.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560
Merit: 10

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:40:42 PM

bitsta, I've been mining on the official pool for over 13 hrs with 40MH and have received no coins, there is definitely something wrong.  Am I wasting my hash?

Did you read my post?  I've been on the 'official' pool for 14 hours now.  I'm out...

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:41:27 PM

From root.minerpools.com:

The daemon keeps rejecting blocks, the dev hasn't replied one single PM. Only his official pool which was up before anyone else because he never posted a launch time has been finding blocks since launch. I'll shut down stratum on rootcoin, you can mine it at the official pool. No need to waste people's hashes, the code seems to have some sort of foundation address in it, and I think it's embarassing that after an ICO, the dev's still asking for foundation.

thats bullshit. i already replied to a message of that pool-guy.
And suspecting us to post manipulated sources is just rudiculous
and not nice at all.

look at suprnova
they re getting most of the blocks now
and not the official pool like that guy posted

the sources are online since launch you can check them.
a real pool-owner with technical background could ve just checked the sources and
the rpcmining functions and acceptblock() instead of posting such crap
and poiting the fingers at us.
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 06:42:43 PM

Did you read my post?  I've been on the 'official' pool for 14 hours now.  I'm out...

sorry AlexAtom,
i ve mixed stuff. i thought you re talking about minerspool..

the official pool is finding blocks and payouts are working.
Can you pm me your rootADDR you used for mining?
Vertaisvaluutta

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 06:47:18 PM

thats bullshit. i already replied to a message of that pool-guy.
he s got a shitty pool, thats the issue..
And suspecting us to post manipulated sources is just rudiculous
and not nice at all.

Hmm, sorry to hear this.

Sorry for spending the first 12+ hours mining for nothing at minerpools as well. =/

look at suprnova
they re getting most of the blocks now
and not the official pool like that guy posted

So it seems. Minep.it has found one block and the hashrate is low so seems legit over there.

the sources are online since launch you can check them.
a real pool-owner with technical background could ve just checked the sources and
the rpcmining functions and acceptblock() instead of posting such crap
and poiting the fingers at us.

I do wonder, what on earth went wrong at minerpools. Lots of hashing power was lost there, resulting in many unhappy miners.

Vertaisvaluutta

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:01:11 PM

root.cloudminers.net appears to be virtually shut down - zero hash rate, zero miners.

Bitsta, I find it hard to believe there is not something wrong somewhere.

I'm not saying you are to blame. Just feeling unease for this unsolved mystery.

It would be nice to know where and why all the power I put to the initial 12+ hours went.

Now trying to catch up but it's really difficult at this point. I'm at 0.2 ROOT and crawling...

I'd like to get some of the loss back by adding ROOT to the Vertaisvaluutta exchange that will be opened within a month or two.

Vertaisvaluutta is Finnish for peer currency.

My name is Jyri and I'm the lead designer / controller for the project.

And I am not saying the problems are to be blamed on Bitsta - quite the opposite.

Just willing to get this sorted out so all of us who lost their investment would at least know what happened.
Yza_azY

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

★★★ http://www.btc4buy.com

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:25:52 PM

Dear investors, miners and users,

we are preparing a big announcement and are going to release
exciting and great news tonight. Please join the discussion tonight
at about 11:45 PM UTC. I will be available here and at the official
rootcoin IRC channel: https://kiwiirc.com/client/chat.freenode.net/#rootcoin

cheers,
bitsta

Ready!

▄▄▄▄▄
            ▄▄███████████████▄▄
         ▄███████████████████████▄
       ▄██████████████████▀ ▀███████▄
     ▄██████████████████▀    ▄████████
    ██████████████████▀    ▄███████████▄
   ██████████████████    ▄██████████████
  ████████████████ ▀██▄   ▀██████████████
  ███████████████▄   ▀██▄   ▀████████████
 ▐████████████▀ ▀██▄   ▀██▄   ███████████▌
 ▐███████████▄    ▀██▄   ▀██▄████████████▌
 ▐█████████████▄    ▀██▄ ▄███████████████▌
  ▀██████████████▄    ▀██████████████████
   █████████████▀    ▄██████████████████
    ▀█████████▀    ▄███████████████████
      ███████▄   ▄███████████████████
        ███████▄███████████████████
          ▀▀████████████████████▀
               ▀███████████▀

ETHLend1
[ Slack ] [ Telegram ] [ Twitter ]
▬▬ [ Bounty ] [ Facebook ] ▬▬
[ DAPP Thread ] [ ICO Thread ]
bastro

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:28:45 PM

sorry AlexAtom,

Also contacted you. I've got the same problem. Cheers.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:34:37 PM

root.cloudminers.net appears to be virtually shut down - zero hash rate, zero miners.

It would be nice to know where and why all the power I put to the initial 12+ hours went.

Now trying to catch up but it's really difficult at this point. I'm at 0.2 ROOT and crawling...

I'd like to get some of the loss back by adding ROOT to the Vertaisvaluutta exchange that will be opened within a month or two.

And I am not saying the problems are to be blamed on Bitsta - quite the opposite.

Just willing to get this sorted out so all of us who lost their investment would at least know what happened.

Probably a pool setup issue if anything.  It isn't Bitsta's job to make sure all the pools are up and running (with the exception of his official pool).  The pools get the code and compile it themselves.  All the pools in the OP got the source from the same location 
Vertaisvaluutta

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:41:50 PM

Probably a pool setup issue if anything.  It isn't Bitsta's job to make sure all the pools are up and running (with the exception of his official pool).  The pools get the code and compile it themselves.  All the pools in the OP got the source from the same location  

You are perfectly right about this.

Still, it would be nice to be able to provide some compensation to those who were left at the station after so much waiting and effort.

I'm not saying that's bitsta's responsibility either. Perhaps I'll be able to do something about it myself later on.
damiano
Legendary

Activity: 1246

103 days, 21 hours and 10 minutes.

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:43:46 PM

Probably a pool setup issue if anything.  It isn't Bitsta's job to make sure all the pools are up and running (with the exception of his official pool).  The pools get the code and compile it themselves.  All the pools in the OP got the source from the same location  

You are perfectly right about this.

Still, it would be nice to be able to provide some compensation to those who were left at the station after so much waiting and effort.

I'm not saying that's bitsta's responsibility either. Perhaps I'll be able to do something about it myself later on.

Yeah who knows

Minerpools has always been good to me so i dont know
donnyespo

Activity: 827

Twitter: @bitcoin_dad

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 07:51:06 PM

I mined from the official pool last night, it did take a good hour or 2 before I started to get coins in wallet.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses .100% original codebase.
  Superfast with .30 seconds instant finality.
  Tested .5000 tx per block. on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Vertaisvaluutta

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 07:57:02 PM

I mined from the official pool last night, it did take a good hour or 2 before I started to get coins in wallet.

Yes, it also took about two hours before I begun getting anything from suprnova.

The point is, many of us used 12+ hours and lots of power at minerpools (and apparently some other pools as well) without ever getting a single fragment of a ROOT.

Whatever it is, something definitely is/was wrong with some of the pools.
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:01:03 PM

hey Jyri,

i really can not tell you what happened because i am not the pool owner. i just
know that suprnova (a pool with dedicated and competent owners/maintainers)
managed to set up the pool properly and had absolutely no issues. Suprnova is
getting a lot of blocks if you check their stats. I also know
from a private pool which runs stable. And last but not least the
official pool is running fine and stable.

The sources are online since launch. you can check them whenver you want.

regards,
bitsta

p.s. i will be happy to provide some ROOT-blocks for your exchange-launch.
geekeh

Activity: 59

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:05:05 PM

Did you read my post?  I've been on the 'official' pool for 14 hours now.  I'm out...

sorry AlexAtom,

Similar issue, I started mining on the 'official' pool almost as soon at it went up, I got my first payment of root at 02:09 UTC and my last payment at 03:33 UTC 8 payments in total during the time but continued mining on the pool all night, until about 10 or 11 UTC but haven't had any other payments. Did the official pool not find a single block during all that time? And thus all my shares completely worthless. I know I continued to contribute shares, my miner would have failed over to another pool if that one had continued to go down and I can see from statistics that it never worked on any of my other pools during that time. A lot of people are saying they haven't received anything from the official pool at all, I suspect they joined later than I did, so it with seem that there's some kind of fault or backlog in sending out payments. It definitely is not all fine.

Edit: Unless the difficulty suddenly jumped up sooooo much that my last 7 - 8 hours of mining earned vastly less than my first 2 hours, and all earning from that time are under some (unpublished) minimum payout threshold.
sunerok

Activity: 629

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:13:07 PM

dev, or anyone on here with CentOS, can you write an autogen.sh and configure.ac for centos?

https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/configure.ac

https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/blob/master/autogen.sh

^ this is what i mean. CentOS installs are difficult sometimes, this will help exchanges and pools running CentOS

this is what auto-install gist looks like after those are complete:

https://gist.github.com/patricklodder/c7c067cc831f0d3190c2#file-build-dogecoin-sh

_///// [XVG] ★★★★★WE ARE ON  THE VERGE ★★★★★ [SCRYPT] /////_
_//// TOR // I2P // LINUX . WINDOWS . MAC . ANDROID . ELECTRUM . WEBWALLET . GITHUB // WEBSITE // RADIO // IRC ////_
Vertaisvaluutta

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2014, 08:14:58 PM

Hi Bitsta!

i really can not tell you what happened because i am not the pool owner.

I do understand and have always understood this.

I was just stating out the fact that "it would be nice to know" - not that it would be your job to provide the answers. Wink

i just
know that suprnova (a pool with dedicated and competent owners/maintainers)
managed to set up the pool properly and had absolutely no issues.

Yes. It still baffles me, why minerpools (which doesn't exactly have a bad reputation either) and cloudminers both seem to be experiencing similar kinds of problems with ROOT, while being able to provide mining for many other coins with no problems whatsoever. It is difficult not to make the conclusion that there has to be a common denominator other than the lack of competence.

Suprnova is
getting a lot of blocks if you check their stats. I also know
from a private pool which runs stable. And last but not least the
official pool is running fine and stable.

Yes, this has become clear by now. It just doesn't help much us who were left behind. Not that it would be anyone's fault per se - it's simply a fact that experiencing unjust experiences is a depressing thing, and I personally have this tendency to wish to be able to eliminate or at least minimize the amount of all kinds of sorrow and suffering from this world. Even if it was something as trivial as loosing hashing power.

The sources are online since launch. you can check them whenver you want.

I have not had any doubts about the above fact nor your honesty at any point.

p.s. i will be happy to provide some ROOT-blocks for your exchange-launch.

That wound be wonderful indeed! The reason why I was hoping to mine some was to be able to provide the initial funds for the exchange myself. I'll PM you my contact details in a moment. There's no hurry with this - it will take at least weeks before the exchange is ready for launching.
bitsta (OP)

r00t-dev

View Profile
August 23, 2014, 08:19:34 PM

Did you read my post?  I've been on the 'official' pool for 14 hours now.  I'm out...

sorry AlexAtom,

Similar issue, I started mining on the 'official' pool almost as soon at it went up, I got my first payment of root at 02:09 UTC and my last payment at 03:33 UTC 8 payments in total during the time but continued mining on the pool all night, until about 10 or 11 UTC but haven't had any other payments. Did the official pool not find a single block during all that time? And thus all my shares completely worthless. I know I continued to contribute shares, my miner would have failed over to another pool if that one had continued to go down and I can see from statistics that it never worked on any of my other pools during that time. A lot of people are saying they haven't received anything from the official pool at all, I suspect they joined later than I did, so it with seem that there's some kind of fault or backlog in sending out payments. It definitely is not all fine.

Edit: Unless the difficulty suddenly jumped up sooooo much that my last 7 - 8 hours of mining earned vastly less than my first 2 hours, and all earning from that time are under some (unpublished) minimum payout threshold.

hey geekeh,

i ve checked a couple of mining-ADDR and seems like therir balances
are under the min. payout. i ll adapt it tonight so that all users get
more regular payouts. at the moment the min payout is 10 ROOT.
i ll set it to 5 ROOT.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 ... 121 »
  Print  

Jump to: