Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:15:25 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 434 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] SpreadCoin | True Decentralization (No Pools) | Testing New Masternodes  (Read 810026 times)
Jesse Livermore

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:09:58 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 04:28:38 AM by Jesse Livermore

Been mining Spreadcoin now at a steady 950 kh/s for 26 hours and have found two blocks!

Or in other words: 12.6 SPR mined, which at last Bittrex price (0.000242 BTC per SPR) equates to 0.003 BTC, which equates to $0.85 earned or so which at my current electricity rate means I'm nearly mining at break-even for the first time since May 2014 when gpu asic's came out and screwed me and my 7950 over.

I know there are many others out there who shutdown their gpu's when it became such a money-losing venture and I'm sure they will re-start them like I did yesterday once they realize that SPR's price is actually positively correlated with difficulty, like Bitcoin used to be years ago.
The fact that pools/rentable mega-rigs are not able to rape SPR makes me actually hold the thesis that the prevalence of ASIC's and mining pools, which rentable super-rigs control, has been a primary cause of the crypto bear market over the past year.

Take out the ASIC's and take out the coin-raping pools and you get what crypto once was....something pure and intended for the good of all.

It's my belief that SPR is likely to be one of the very very few crypto's in the coming months with a consistently trending up price as it gradually gains more and more attention and respect of the crypto community.
Keep up the good work, Mr. Spread!

JL

Edit: This 90-day SPR chart: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#charts is a thing of beauty.

Ouch. 24 hours later without a block for me without a big change in network difficulty. Variance can be a bitch sometimes.
Regardless... mining SPR is still 10x's more profitable than the what coinwarz.com shows as their current #1 crypto to mine.

JL

Edit: Criminy! This lucky fellow (http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw) has solved at least 6% (191 rewards here) of the 3000 or so blocks for SPR in the past 48 hours.  I need a rig like his I guess.

I own a DASH Masternode.... And you should too.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

FLY DONATION ADDRESS IN SIGNATURE

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:30:32 AM

Been mining Spreadcoin now at a steady 950 kh/s for 26 hours and have found two blocks!

Or in other words: 12.6 SPR mined, which at last Bittrex price (0.000242 BTC per SPR) equates to 0.003 BTC, which equates to $0.85 earned or so which at my current electricity rate means I'm nearly mining at break-even for the first time since May 2014 when gpu asic's came out and screwed me and my 7950 over.

I know there are many others out there who shutdown their gpu's when it became such a money-losing venture and I'm sure they will re-start them like I did yesterday once they realize that SPR's price is actually positively correlated with difficulty, like Bitcoin used to be years ago.
The fact that pools/rentable mega-rigs are not able to rape SPR makes me actually hold the thesis that the prevalence of ASIC's and mining pools, which rentable super-rigs control, has been a primary cause of the crypto bear market over the past year.

Take out the ASIC's and take out the coin-raping pools and you get what crypto once was....something pure and intended for the good of all.

It's my belief that SPR is likely to be one of the very very few crypto's in the coming months with a consistently trending up price as it gradually gains more and more attention and respect of the crypto community.

JL

Edit: This 90-day SPR chart: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/spreadcoin/#charts is a thing of beauty.

Ouch. 24 hours later without a block for me without a big change in network difficulty. Variance can be a bitch sometimes.
Regardless... mining SPR is still 10x's more profitable than the what coinwarz.com shows as their current #1 crypto to mine.

JL

Edit: Criminy! This lucky fellow (http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw) has solved at least 6% (191 rewards here) of the 3000 or so blocks for SPR in the past 48 hours.  I need a rig like his I guess.
I wish I had a rig that could mine this coin efficiently because I've been having to buy all of my SpreadCoin on the markets Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇
............NoobKidOnThe.BLOCK.....

Jesse Livermore

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:36:59 AM

JL

JL

I wish I had a rig that could mine this coin efficiently because I've been having to buy all of my SpreadCoin on the markets Smiley

I'm doing both. Luckily I got a few before the jump up to 0.00034 this morning.
This coin definitely has the demand and not a lot of supply at these price levels so either the FUDsters will come out or the price will hop up again and set a new base.

NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 04:42:42 AM

JL

JL

I'm doing both. Luckily I got a few before the jump up to 0.00034 this morning.
This coin definitely has the demand and not a lot of supply at these price levels so either the FUDsters will come out or the price will hop up again and set a new base.
Ya well unfortunately the mining rig that I have is very not well equipped yet to solo mine and I only get like a block every week with it lol so totally not worth the power to keep it running ya know Smiley But ya I don't think that we will stay at these prices for much longer and SpreadCoin will have a new floor set around the 40k to 50k mark I'm guessing Smiley

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 06:33:02 AM

If I don't have a static ip and my upload speed is 30kb/s will I still be able to become a masternode?
rigging

Activity: 59
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:39:01 AM

If I don't have a static ip and my upload speed is 30kb/s will I still be able to become a masternode?
also want to know the answer to it,though I have some VPS at hand.

██████    ... ANTSHARES, DIGITAL ASSETS FOR EVERYONE  ...    ██████
████    ... ANTSHARES ICO STARTS AUGUST 8th  ...     ████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ANTSHARES     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ (https://antshares.com/?ref=rigging)
georgem
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1007

spreadcoin.info

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 07:43:15 AM

Interesting coin you got here.

I will take a closer look.

Wallet seems very nice, I like the unique concept of solo mining only, this could be big.

snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 07:47:26 AM

Having ran darkcoin nodes for about 6 months I think it's absolutely necessary to host these on a VPS, if only to provide 24/7 availability for the network. Unless Mr Spread has a trick up his sleeve I'm pretty sure that static IPs will be a requirement.

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 08:23:56 AM

Having ran darkcoin nodes for about 6 months I think it's absolutely necessary to host these on a VPS, if only to provide 24/7 availability for the network. Unless Mr Spread has a trick up his sleeve I'm pretty sure that static IPs will be a requirement.
Ok and how much bandwidth should a masternode have per month?
snogcel

Activity: 194
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:07:07 AM

10GB per month transfer should be plenty, the network demands aren't that high - screenshot from my management console: http://i59.tinypic.com/rvardv.png. Vultr gives you 1000GB per month for $5

XuvjV4aazgZhcfAj1KRgFnTok1pZZw6Ewu
illodin

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 09:13:43 AM

Dunno but what might be wise is to clarify with your operator what will happen to your billing if your node gets ddos'ed. Will they null route the connection before you get terabytes of traffic they will bill you for or not. Having an operator that allows email alerts when some trigger is hit (for example data transfer per minute) is essential.
SJRulez83

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:11:55 AM

My first post in this thread, well forum as well to say.

I've finally mined some coins, after about a week and it was on my worst machine which is only running at 22kh/s

Yipee.
NoobKidOnTheBlock

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:13:20 AM

I've finally mined some coins, after about a week and it was on my worst machine which is only running at 22kh/s

Yipee.
How many coins did you get if you don't mind me asking?

▇▇▇

▇▇

▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇
▇▇▇▇▇▇

Corsa1r

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 10:32:07 AM

Yipee.

you found a block with 22 kh/s ? Impressive Cheesy
e1ghtSpace
Legendary

Crypto since 2014

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2015, 11:15:57 AM
Last edit: January 05, 2015, 12:09:19 PM by e1ghtSpace

10GB per month transfer should be plenty, the network demands aren't that high - screenshot from my management console: http://i59.tinypic.com/rvardv.png. Vultr gives you 1000GB per month for $5
I was going to use this: https://bitcoincloud.eu They aren't located in Australia but I can pay with bitcoin and they won't know that i'm only 15. Smiley

I guess this is a really good deal then:
1 GB RAM     1 CPU cores   50 GB diskspace        3 TB bandwidth   0.03080443 BTC   
Buy now

Just some small questions before I go to bed;
Have you ever been ddos'ed while running a masternode?
Do you have multiple masternodes running through different proxies?
SJRulez83

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 11:29:56 AM

Yipee.

you found a block with 22 kh/s ? Impressive Cheesy

Pulled in 6.32 SPR

Bit annoying that my piece of junk pc has managed to find a block at 22khs and yet my GPU rig hasn't found anything running at 500khs
SpreadLight

Activity: 67

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 12:47:19 PM

This is funny in a good way. All the big pool hating Darkcoiners are in here Cheesy

stonehedge
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1002

Decentralize Everything

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:33:02 PM

Another question if I may?

Is Spreadcoin susceptible to 51% attacks either currently or post masternode implementation?

There are a few X11 farms that mine between 3.5GH and 8GH which I suppose might be able to be adapted to SpreadX11.  I've rented a few of these farms and mined X11 for periods of 24 hours or so before.  If one of these farm operators solo mined at say, 5GH, would that pose a threat to the security of the Spreadcoin network?

In the context of 51% attacks, mining pools have no incentive to disrupt whereas if there was a single person with access to the hardware and the motive, would Spreadcoin be vulnerable?
Jesse Livermore

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 02:36:38 PM

JL

JL

Edit: Criminy! This lucky fellow (http://spreadcoin.net/explorer/Sfxc14Aj5FHA7cwLqxZyMxdus5CgVxr9Mw) has solved at least 6% (191 rewards here) of the 3000 or so blocks for SPR in the past 48 hours.  I need a rig like his I guess.

Update: looks like this address has found 132 blocks (of about 1,000) in the past 24 hours. At least 13% of blocks to this one guy.

Corsa1r

Activity: 89

View Profile
January 05, 2015, 03:05:39 PM

JL

JL

Update: looks like this address has found 132 blocks (of about 1,000) in the past 24 hours. At least 13% of blocks to this one guy.

it was just a matter of time before big farms notice this :/

edit: but if a guy cpumining with 22 kh/s finds a block at 3 gh/s network speed I don't think it is too much to worry about yet Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 434 »
  Print  

Jump to: